Super "What Are You Thinking?" ReBirth

Mr. Haxwell · 1060138

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #16650 on: February 27, 2014, 07:37:14 AM
My persisting headache seems to be calming down, I'm surprised I didn't have to take and Aleve.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #16651 on: February 27, 2014, 08:09:57 AM
My persisting headache seems to be calming down, I'm surprised I didn't have to take and Aleve.

Be glad you didn't have to take a Vicodin. Though, I doubt Vicodin helps with headaches. I think it's designed more for physical pain, while headaches are a more neurological pain. I have no [tornado fang]ing clue. Someone with a PhD in in the physical or medical sciences explain to us how Vicodin and Headaches work.

2-3 Pages, Double Spaced, Font Size 12, WingDings, APA Citation format. -2 Inch Margins on all sides. Extra Credit for Citing Les Miserable.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #16652 on: February 27, 2014, 08:35:07 AM
The brain itself can't feel pain.  Headaches are caused by stimulation of nerves, blood vessels, muscles, and other tissues in the region of the head and neck.

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #16653 on: February 27, 2014, 08:46:52 AM
The brain itself can't feel pain.  Headaches are caused by stimulation of nerves, blood vessels, muscles, and other tissues in the region of the head and neck.

That's normal pain, but I was under the impression that headaches were a different sort of pain, one that is less about a physical location and more of one that just gets associated to your head by your brain. What's the difference between a headache and a source of pain in your head?

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #16654 on: February 27, 2014, 09:13:11 AM
"Headache" is a general term for pain originating in the head and neck.  Headaches themselves can have various causes and origins of the pain, and even be symptoms of another condition, and they can cause various symptoms due to the location and intensity of the pain, but they are generally treated the same as other aches and pains (if the headache is innocuous).

Anti-inflammatory drugs reduce inflammation, and can treat headaches that are caused by inflammation of nerves, blood vessels, and other tissues. 

Other pain-relievers act on the nervous system itself and can relieve headache pain by blocking or restricting the transmission of pain receptors.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #16655 on: February 27, 2014, 01:34:29 PM
I can kinda move my head again, meds seem to be working. Going to try and be a little active today since the pain has died down. Still won't be into work till Tuesday though.

Offline Suppercut ♡

• Toaster Catgirl Sniper
  • Neo Arcadian
  • something something All Limiters Released
    • View Profile
    • Ironically Opressing Oppression
Reply #16656 on: February 27, 2014, 06:12:46 PM
POKEMON THREAD AGAIN
What a fitting avatar.

*shakes his maracas*

what

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #16657 on: February 27, 2014, 06:54:32 PM
POKEMON THREAD AGAIN

I'll be sure to personally drive the topic away from pokemon when it happens.

On another note, i'm going to have to kill like a personality tumor. I'm sick and tired of deliberately [tornado fang]ing myself over.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #16658 on: February 27, 2014, 07:03:15 PM
I'll be sure to personally drive the topic away from pokemon when it happens.

On another note, i'm going to have to kill like a personality tumor. I'm sick and tired of deliberately [tornado fang]ing myself over.
Not Pokemon X and Y related but.....

https://churchofthehelixchoir.bandcamp.com/

Umm. o-O

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #16659 on: February 27, 2014, 07:29:09 PM
Thinking of a name to call the new RP topic.

Perhaps 9 persons, 9 lives, 9 destinies? I don't know, I'd prefer the name to be similar to the 999 game.

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
Reply #16660 on: February 27, 2014, 08:27:22 PM
Thinking of a name to call the new RP topic.

Perhaps 9 persons, 9 lives, 9 destinies? I don't know, I'd prefer the name to be similar to the 999 game.

Sounds like a RP Kathy should be in, considering her last name is O'Nine.

Sister's got a job for me tomorrow. Doesn't look like I'm oing to active here for a while.

Fear me.

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #16661 on: February 27, 2014, 08:56:47 PM
You could be really confusing and just call it the original thread's title, since that one is gone forever.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #16662 on: February 27, 2014, 09:21:55 PM
Or maybe 999: Welcome to my Kingdom, as a reference to VLR.

Yeah, I'm leaning towards that name, since it's less cheesy.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #16663 on: February 27, 2014, 11:25:13 PM
"999: At Least it's not 666!"

8D

I am not helpful.

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #16664 on: February 28, 2014, 12:26:07 AM
So... Is it bad that I'm suddenly tempted to lead an internet group cover of 'Rainbow Connection'?

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #16665 on: February 28, 2014, 01:00:59 AM
What is Rainbow Connection?

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #16666 on: February 28, 2014, 01:07:28 AM
It's a Muppet song. Performed by Kermit the Frog in the Muppet Movie in 1979. Very iconic.

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #16667 on: February 28, 2014, 01:47:32 AM
Ah, that song.  I forgot the name of it.

I think I'll draw for a bit...

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #16668 on: February 28, 2014, 02:33:14 AM
Speaking of drawings:

http://fav.me/d789g0w

For something not too complicated, this [parasitic bomb] is taking me a very long time, so I'm taking a break.
Jesus.

I'll post this in my crappy art thread he's finished.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #16669 on: February 28, 2014, 02:35:00 AM
I hate myself and I want to die.

Or at least, kill the part of me that ruins my life. I'm sick of my constant self-sabotage.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #16670 on: February 28, 2014, 02:38:45 AM
I hate myself and I want to die.

Or at least, kill the part of me that ruins my life. I'm sick of my constant self-sabotage.
Holy [parasitic bomb], man. What happend? Or would you rather not talk about it?

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #16671 on: February 28, 2014, 03:03:38 AM
Its nothing too serious, believe it or not.

I'm just... really [tornado fang]ing stressed out from constantly [tornado fang]ing myself over. Basically I got reprimanded at work for being late so many [tornado fang]ing times, and I know damn well the cause of it all was because I continue to deliberately wait till the last possible minute to go to work.

I... don't want to get fired. I have to make it till august without getting another absence or late. I already know that's not going to happen, I'm going to [tornado fang] it up. I'm stressing the [tornado fang] out and I fear I'm going to let it get out of hand. X(

I apologize, its just whiny first world problems.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #16672 on: February 28, 2014, 03:14:55 AM
Basically it's becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy. You got yelled at for being late and you know that your procrastination is to blame, and you know that you have to make it 5 months without being late or absent. And yet the stress of having to do that coupled with the habit of procrastination makes you feel like no matter what you're not going to do that.

I'm not sure what help I could offer, aside from maybe relaxing and taking a deep breath. You can do it if you work on it. Maybe work on leaving earlier if you can.

I had a meltdown last year over something similar so I kinda know how it feels when you feel like your own worst enemy. But it doesn't have to be that way, not when the power you use to procrastinate can instead be redirected to not doing that.

Not sure if any of that will help, but I felt like giving some feedback on that. Hope you don't mind.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #16673 on: February 28, 2014, 03:24:59 AM
I've made strides towards not being late, up until 2/14 I was doing fine.

And on 2/14 I overslept by two hours, thus throwing all of that work down the drain, if it weren't for that I would've not gotten reprimanded today.

Its a constant [tornado fang]ing cycle with me, start out bad, work on improving myself, hey what do you know i'm actually doing alright now, oops I slipped up BAD, end up bad again.

Its not even something that's like, occasional or something. No, its [tornado fang]ing stayed with me since I can remember, which leads to the natural evolution of the cycle, giving up. Looking at High School, worked on being a good student, hey I'm doing all B's and A's maybe I'll get that new computer, whoops I got a C+ in Math and it didn't bump up to a B at the end of the semester, no new computer for me, who cares what's the big deal about school anyway, grades end up C's and D's.

Basically, failing to meet goals or slipping up leads to me really slipping hard and in most cases not recovering, its a serious issue.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #16674 on: February 28, 2014, 03:29:29 AM
"999: At Least it's not 666!"

8D

I am not helpful.

That can be the sequel! 8D

Its not even something that's like, occasional or something. No, its [tornado fang]ing stayed with me since I can remember, which leads to the natural evolution of the cycle, giving up. Looking at High School, worked on being a good student, hey I'm doing all B's and A's maybe I'll get that new computer, whoops I got a C+ in Math and it didn't bump up to a B at the end of the semester, no new computer for me, who cares what's the big deal about school anyway, grades end up C's and D's.

Basically, failing to meet goals or slipping up leads to me really slipping hard and in most cases not recovering, its a serious issue.

That's almost the same thing with me.

Only that started from High School, while I did great in Elementary and Junior High was decent.

Part of the problem is that I get distracted easily. Really easily. Otherwise, I certainly have the potential to be a top student.