• View Profile
Reply #375 on: March 19, 2016, 04:31:43 AM
I'm a general sucker for green. :P

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #376 on: March 19, 2016, 04:34:51 AM
Okay Light Green it is-I'll have to ask if TENK is willing to recolour the hair.

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
  • Never "Great", just varying degrees of "OK".
    • View Profile
Reply #377 on: March 19, 2016, 11:06:26 AM
I feel for Saden...

Ruby does her best not to flaunt the issue, but their relationship is a little strained. It's mostly Leo's fault, though.  :P

Hmm Sakura can probably fix some of those problems when Ruby joins, or at the very least the feedback loop.  She can definitely make the Sniper Rifle considering the weapon she made for Zeta was a Spear that can transform into a Hammer.

And if she can't fix the efficiency problems the Sex Station does have Star Trek food replicators.

The "efficiency problems" are simply because biomass conversion is a decidedly old-school power source, and you need to put more in to get less out than more efficient methods (like Xhai's old solar-core) .I do wonder if the replicators'd be able to cope though, I wasn't exaggerating when I said she's pretty much a bottomless pit on legs.

The Sniper Rifle thing'd be fine, but if you're going to have Sakura do something about the feedback loop you'd need to leave the coding required to handle the extra AI cores, as I do plan to bring the others in/back at some point.

And, awesome character Blue! I do agree that green's probably a good choice for the hair colour. Doubtless Ruby will be very interested in that scarf's capabilities as a weapon. Ky might be too, but for different reasons.  [eyebrow]

My Twitch channel. Random streams during the week.
Currently streaming: Transformers: Devastation

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #378 on: March 19, 2016, 03:32:27 PM
Well yeah of course she'll leave the coding for the other cores, she'll just patch the program up to skip the other cores if they aren't present rather than loop endlessly trying to find them.

And wait she's entirely powered by biomass conversion, holy [parasitic bomb].  Most robots in Wilypocaypse have duel solar core and bio mass conversion for their energy needs.

Oh yeah and there's also muffin button, just because.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #379 on: March 19, 2016, 09:35:00 PM
And wait she's entirely powered by biomass conversion, holy [parasitic bomb].  Most robots in Wilypocaypse have duel solar core and bio mass conversion for their energy needs.

Yup, that's her sole power source. I mentioned it briefly in her bio, but she was built when Doc was in a rather dire financial situation. He deliberately skimped on materials to try and save money while building her, s'why she's so fragile too.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #380 on: March 19, 2016, 09:41:12 PM
Thanks to TENK again-picture is updated as is the bio.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #381 on: March 19, 2016, 10:00:40 PM
Yup, that's her sole power source. I mentioned it briefly in her bio, but she was built when Doc was in a rather dire financial situation. He deliberately skimped on materials to try and save money while building her, s'why she's so fragile too.
Would it be possible to incorporate a solar core into her eventually?  I mean of all the updates that would probably be the last one to incorporate since it would probably be the most complicated to do for obvious reasons.  Here's how I see how it would go on a priority list.

-Fix the Feedback Loop
-Outfit her with some better quality parts (I see this one as a necessity because as she is she might not be able to handle the recoil of the Sniper Rifle unlike Normal Ruby, it would also help her maintain her massive Speed better and the Sniper Rifle recoil can also help for her lost Speed like with normal Ruby.  She'll still be a Glass Cannon and ridiculously fast but not as much as she is at the moment.)
-Outfit Scythe with the Sniper Rifle
-Outfit her with a Solar Core so she's not entirely reliant on food (I think this would be necessary to get her cores to work, otherwise she'll have to eat Quadruple what she usually needs to maintain the energy of all the Personality Cores)

What do you think about that?

It looks really nice.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #382 on: March 19, 2016, 10:07:24 PM
Aya looks better with that hair colour-look forward to seeing her in action in the RPG and Wilypocolypse.

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #383 on: March 19, 2016, 10:29:39 PM
Would it be possible to incorporate a solar core into her eventually?  I mean of all the updates that would probably be the last one to incorporate since it would probably be the most complicated to do for obvious reasons.  Here's how I see how it would go on a priority list.

-Fix the Feedback Loop
-Outfit her with some better quality parts (I see this one as a necessity because as she is she might not be able to handle the recoil of the Sniper Rifle unlike Normal Ruby, it would also help her maintain her massive Speed better and the Sniper Rifle recoil can also help for her lost Speed like with normal Ruby.  She'll still be a Glass Cannon and ridiculously fast but not as much as she is at the moment.)
-Outfit Scythe with the Sniper Rifle
-Outfit her with a Solar Core so she's not entirely reliant on food (I think this would be necessary to get her cores to work, otherwise she'll have to eat Quadruple what she usually needs to maintain the energy of all the Personality Cores)

That sounds okay with me. You realise Ky's gonna be hovering around pretty much the entire time she's being worked on though, right?

I think I'm gonna enjoy being a part of things again.

Next step: Actually get back into Wilypocalypse.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #384 on: March 19, 2016, 10:31:16 PM
Yeah and Sakura will ask her personally to get her permission since she would feel wrong if she effectively forces this on her otherwise.

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #385 on: March 19, 2016, 10:42:57 PM
Yeah and Sakura will ask her personally to get her permission since she would feel wrong if she effectively forces this on her otherwise.

That's fine with me. Don't know about you, but I'm looking forward to this!  8)

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #386 on: March 20, 2016, 03:00:45 AM
Yep. TOTAL sucker for green. XD

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #387 on: March 20, 2016, 04:40:50 AM
Not easy being greeeeen.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #388 on: March 20, 2016, 05:10:09 AM
Not easy being greeeeen.
I'm... Green with envy. 8B

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #389 on: March 21, 2016, 04:18:15 PM
That one-liner gets the green light from me.  owob

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #390 on: March 21, 2016, 04:28:19 PM
That means you are seeing green! 8B

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #391 on: April 03, 2016, 02:28:59 PM
Wilypocalypse RP

Vieri Galestrider

Age 23
Female
Human
5'9"
It's rude to ask a woman's weight.

Backstory

Upon a distant continent where the skies are littered with stars and the earth is green and fertile, there rests a prospering kingdom, secluded from the prying eyes of the rest of the world. This land is known as Rino-Laska, The One World. In this country, there is no trade or exchange with the outside world. Its people know nothing of what lies outside its shores. There is no war, there is no illness, and there is no famine. This is because of an art lost to this planet. Magic.

Rino-Laska is governed by a single king, attended by a council of archmagi. This council maintain a number of enchantments on the earth that make the continent invisible to the outside world. All ships and aircraft pass through and around it without indication of it ever existing. The land remains rich no matter how much it is used. Their resources never dwindle. It is truly a paradise.

However, the magic they know of is fake, and the power of the archmagi is drawn from infernal machines who draw upon the resources of the earth. Every fifty years, an expedition is sent out to the outside world to collect parts for the machines. Upon return, they are slaughtered. There is little room for the risk of dissenters letting the common people know what lies beyond their homeland.

Vieri Galestrider, Knight-Captain of the Royal Peace Guard, was head of this most recent expedition. The youngest and brightest of the recruits in her earlier days, she climbed the ranks faster than any before her, and became the youngest to lead her king's soldiers. The Peace Guard exists for the sole purpose of quelling dissent among the commoners and keeping the peace, so in a world where everyone is content, the prospect of a new experience delighted her.

The morning after her return from the world outside, she awoke, drugged and dazed, in a strange room she did not recognize. A hooded figure stood above her, casting some sort of spell. She felt heavy and drowsy. When she finally regained her senses, she realized she could not move parts of her body. When she spoke, the hooded figure revealed itself to be one of the archmagi.

This magician explained that she had been killed the evening before. The moment her people stepped foot on the docks, they were assaulted by the full force of the Peace Guard with the help of the archmagi. However, the eldest, the one standing before her, revealed that he too knew of the outside world, and longed for their borders to be opened. Thus when the chaos ended, he retrieved Vieri's corpse, and using arcane magics, he resurrected her. This was a different magic. One that was not given to him through the infernal machines. A true magic, lost to the world since ages before. One that had the potential to surpass anything the rest of the world had seen. This wizard had used this great magic to bring her to life, and to restore the limbs she had lost in the battle.

In the dead of the night, Vieri was placed on a raft, given three weeks worth of rations, and wished the best of luck. He asked one thing of her - to discover the origins of the infernal machines and bring the existence of Rino-Laska to light in the eyes of the rest of the world. A paradise that could bring retribution to whatever lie beyond.

Personality

Vieri is harsh, stern, and perpetually enraged. She has a fixation on her prior rank, despite what little it means outside her home country. She has little patience with other people and demands to be placed in a position of leadership at any given time. As a result, she also holds little respect for anyone who hasn't proven themselves in her eyes, though she's known to relent when she's gone too far.

This demeanor may stem from trust issues brought on by her betrayal. Raised believing the world was just and humanity kind without flaw, the brutal reality of her country's politics and the cold wasteland that is the rest of the world may have shocked her into a more defensive temperment.

Due to the scarring and disfigurement she received during the battle, and the fact two of her limbs (her right arm and left leg) are lost, she absolutely will not permit anyone to see her in anything less than full armor, and will probably beat anyone who does into amnesia.

Abilities

Knight-Captain - Given Vieri's previous position, her swordsmanship is unparalleled and her leadership skills are uncanny. She is not one you want to face one-on-one in a fight unless you have a death wish.

Enchanted Prosthetics - Her left arm and right leg, as well as both eyes, have been replaced by magic-embued prosthetics that allow her full control and vision as if her old parts were still there. The prostheses, particularly, are also still made of enchanted metals and thus can be used for offense and defense.

Weaknesses

Lost Dexterity - Her prosthetic limbs aren't as agile as her original ones. She can't make fine movements with her fingers and she walks with the slightest limp. This also means she can't move as well as before in a fight, and she can't operate devices that need precise input very well.

Magic Interference - In addition to the range advantage magic provides against her, magic coming into contact with her prosthetics can cause her to lose control over them. This is especially dangerous in the case of her eyesight.

Equipment

Single Broadsword - Every knight has to have their trusty blade.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2024, 10:50:40 AM by Amatiramisu »

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #392 on: April 03, 2016, 02:44:51 PM
I wonder what her reaction would be to the fact that people do know Magic outside her Kingdom.  Though not to the extent of that revival spell.....provided it wasn't necromancy.  Hell how would she react to Pokemon, because Pokemon do exist in Wilypocalypse.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #393 on: April 03, 2016, 02:47:42 PM
Probably stunned. The eldest still practice ancient magic similar to everything outside their country but theirs is typically more powerful. However that "real" magic is basically dead at this point. Like I said, I'm still working out the kinks in the details but I think maybe I should chalk that all up to worldbuilding down the line like I am with Ammy. (IE i'm revealing his backstory as we go and i'll develop Rino-Laska as the RP moves along too)

And no, it wasn't necromancy. I'll develop the specifics later but for now let's say it was an advanced form of white magic.

Also Ammy hasn't seen any Pokemon yet either weirdly enough so he's probably going to lose his mind a bit too.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #394 on: April 03, 2016, 02:49:10 PM
So White Magic that has been lost to time perhaps and Borock-bot would most likely never learn, got it. 

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #395 on: April 03, 2016, 02:50:05 PM
Yeah. The last generation of people who know it are dying off so it's probably not going to be a big player. Y'know, unless I make it that way.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #396 on: April 03, 2016, 02:55:39 PM
Well there are Magic schools in RPM, that's how Borock-bot learned White Magic.  PBPB learned Black Magic in a year and Sakura does know Magic too, but she mostly uses her Magic as a Spell blade since she's not confident that she wouldn't just hurt someone if they get in the way, hench she is a Magic Knight. 

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #397 on: April 03, 2016, 03:00:55 PM
Infernal machines? I seriously hope I'm not involved in this somehow. XD

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #398 on: April 03, 2016, 03:02:34 PM
Is it Magitek?

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #399 on: April 03, 2016, 03:04:17 PM
Well there are Magic schools in RPM, that's how Borock-bot learned White Magic.  PBPB learned Black Magic in a year and Sakura does know Magic too, but she mostly uses her Magic as a Spell blade since she's not confident that she wouldn't just hurt someone if they get in the way, hench she is a Magic Knight. 

Yeah. The magic I'm working out is similar but not the same as the stuff found around RPM. Rino-Laska's is more powerful, but again, basically dead.

Infernal machines? I seriously hope I'm not involved in this somehow. XD

Don't worry, you aren't. Yet.  ;)

Is it Magitek?

I'm trying to avoid using a lot of "canon" material so no, it's not. I'll give out more details soon but you can kind of draw parallels between it and the Dwemer tech from TES lore. Not the same, but similar in context.