Neo Secret Files and Origins

VixyNyan · 251898

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #300 on: September 12, 2015, 04:58:29 PM
Yea, I did notice the quotes from Xhai too, but I guess the sheer kobun-ness of Aaru left a deeper impression on me. XD

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
  • Never "Great", just varying degrees of "OK".
    • View Profile
Reply #301 on: September 12, 2015, 11:38:53 PM
Bleh. I have another idea for a character, but I don't want people to think I'm hijacking this thread or anything....  :\

My Twitch channel. Random streams during the week.
Currently streaming: Transformers: Devastation

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #302 on: September 12, 2015, 11:44:26 PM
Oh don't worry about it, this thread doesn't get used that often.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #303 on: September 13, 2015, 01:26:32 AM
She sounds cute.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #304 on: September 13, 2015, 01:39:01 AM
I seriously look forward in seeing these characters.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #305 on: September 13, 2015, 01:40:57 AM
PB's Sword of Omens is very similar to Leo's blade, in that they're linked to their wielder.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #306 on: September 13, 2015, 01:46:21 AM
Only difference is that the Sword of Omens/Rememberance Blade only has part of his soul in it, it was willingly made that way and PB isn't a ghost.   Not to mention it can't be repaired by conventional means unlike Leo.  So similar but still very different.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #307 on: September 13, 2015, 02:55:25 AM
Yeah. That actually adds to the narrative because that  means there's consistency between two plot elements. That means... You can attach mythos to it!

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #308 on: September 13, 2015, 10:03:08 PM
I am so happy to see this topic get some use. Those were awesome!!

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
  • Never "Great", just varying degrees of "OK".
    • View Profile
Reply #309 on: September 13, 2015, 11:11:51 PM
Thanks for the praise, I honestly did't think my characters would be so well-received.  '>.>

I was genuinely unaware that PB's sword is of a similar nature to Leocadia's when I was writing her bio. I guess it's just one of life's happy coincidences, neh?

My Twitch channel. Random streams during the week.
Currently streaming: Transformers: Devastation

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #310 on: September 13, 2015, 11:14:16 PM
Well it's understandable since you just started, but like I said the similarities are kind of barely there to be honest. 

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #311 on: October 16, 2015, 05:09:21 AM
Pema

Yep, that's me!

[spoiler=Pema's theme][yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdBMpSweDD0[/yt][/spoiler]

Sex: Female
Height: 3'2
Weight: 59 lbs
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Light Blue
Job: Runemaster
Likes: Food, Friendships, Tiny animals, Exploring the world, Fxeni, Socializing, Procrastinating
Really Likes: Food
Food: FOOOOD! <3

Okay, let me tell you a bit about myself!

Salem: Uh, Pema, what are you writing in?

You mean you forgot? Remember that journal I was writing my adventures in, all those months back? "The Curious Tales of Pema" is getting another entry~

It's for the people we meet along the way, and they can read about some of our strange adventures!

Salem: Oh right, that thing. Honestly, I thought you gave up on that journal.

Well, I've just been real busy with helping the group that I didn't have much time to add any more stuff. But since everyone is out right now, and Mr. Fxeni is fixing the airship, I have some time to spare!

Oh, by the way, I'm recording our conversation in this book. I'll even write in some of your grunts, whenever you're in a cranky mood!

Salem: Please don't.

Salem heaves back and grunts with huge ferocity!

Salem: ... You just wrote me grunting, didn't you?

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Love you! Alrighty then, let's get to it.

Story:

My name is Pema, and I'm a Runemaster. What that means is, basically, I'm a mage. But a mage with a really comfy winter robe and snow boots! My hat was a present from mommy.

My village is freezing cold and it snows a whole lot. But it isn't always like that. There are times where it gets much warmer, and the Runemaster Guild supplies us with summer uniforms. I mean, the weather over there never FEELS like summer, but I guess they just call it "summer uniform", to simplify it's purpose for warmer temperatures. I know, it's kinda weird.

I met my best friend, Salem, during my training as a Runemaster. Back then... he had a physical body. He used to be a bartender and also an agriculturalist. Because of this, he would often help ration crops and veggies at the local markets. He was a nice man, just like he is now. It's funny, 'cause we actually didn't talk all that much back then.

But anyway, I'm getting besides the point. I actually managed to make a few friends, during my training. Growing up, I wasn't well liked, but some of the other kids were nice to me. Salem was too, during the few times we spoke. People around me still gave me weird looks, though, but I don't care. I know who I am. I won't let the tragedy that happened when I was born hold me back.

Fast forward a few years later, and I met this really neat group on my travels! The Professor, Ms. Sakura, Ms. Aya, and the rest. All of them are great people! Mr. Fxeni is really cool and he's even teaching me new techniques. How awesome is that!

I hope I'm able to stay with them for a long, long time. Sometimes I fear for the day that... we split apart. But until then, I'll cling desperately to the memories I make with all of them!

Personality:

Hmm, if I were to describe myself, I would probably say I'm carefree? I adore meeting new people, because I feel like by doing so, we're expanding our knowledge of society and bettering ourselves in the long run. Haha, Salem should hear me now. I sound totally professional!

Speaking of Salem, he says I'm really hyperactive and energetic. I guess I can see that. It might be because of my curiosity or my appetite for both food AND discovering new things!

Now, I could fill an entire book about how much I love exotic food from allllll around the world, but unfortunately, I need space for other things.

At least, let me go on record and say: FOOD IS MY PASSION! I was thrilled to meet Mr. Zilpher, who also shared my passion! Heck, he even gave me a food-related title. I think it was "Insadiabull" or "Insadebel"... I never actually understood how to say that word, but it's super neat to be honored with it!

I love traveling the world, and some day, I WILL find a way to get Salem's body back. Until then, we'll enjoy the sights, take in the crisp night air and prepare ourselves to whatever next great adventure awaits us!

Umm, I think this is everything I need to write, at least so far...

Salem: You stopped writing. Are you done with your biography?

Yep, pretty much! Do you want to say anything before I sign off?

Salem: Sign off? Uh, I guess I'll say................

Come on, Salem, you gotta think of something. I just wrote down a lot of dots for you.

Salem: .... Salem, OUT!

Haha, that's what you chose? Well, I can't say I can come up with something much better, at the moment. I'm really tired and should get some sleep after this.

So... This has been Pema & Salem with another entry from the Curious Tales!

Goodnight everybody!

Pema, OUT~
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 10:21:04 AM by Phi »

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #312 on: October 16, 2015, 05:53:26 AM
I'm REALLY curious about the events that led to Salem being... Salem.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #313 on: October 16, 2015, 06:05:24 AM
I still think that Pema has the best design out of the main characters- anyway I'll update tomorrow after work I promise! >.> <.<

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #314 on: October 16, 2015, 06:06:23 AM
I really need to update too.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #315 on: November 25, 2015, 07:12:45 AM
Manaverse RP

Florence Anelon

Age 20
Female
Human
5'6"
Now why would I tell you this?

Backstory

Florence grew up in a remote mountain range in far Northern Arcadia. She belonged to a church dedicated to the worship of the goddess Reya. Each autumn, she watched as her elders departed in a pilgrimage dedicated to helping the poor and bringing Reya's lights into the hearts of others. She was a devout worshipper, praying every morning and evening for her blessings.

As the years went by, the winters grew more harsh, and food became scarce. It was there that the town made the difficult choice to relocate, and headed west. These were unknown lands to them, and though civilized, it was an effort to adjust to their new way of life. It is for this reason that the yearly pilgrimage went ignored for some years.

As Florence grew, her faith began dwindling. She didn't know why, but she yearned to see more of the world. This heresy against the church could have brought on by the sense of adventure she felt when they first left the mountains, she wondered. The elders took note of this, and held a summit to decide whether or not the yearly tradition should be continued.

She awoke in the morning with the news that she was chosen, along with six other youths, to embark on a journey to spread Reya's light to outsiders. Within three days of preperation, they set out on the road. For one and a half month they journeyed east sending a message of goodwill.

Not all of their hosts were receptive.

One evening while camping in the forested cliffs of midwestern Arcadia, they were ransacked by bandits. They brutally slaughtered each one of them, their belongings stolen. Each one dead.

So they thought.

The sole survivor, Florence, then only eighteen, awoke, a dull ache in her head. She briefly remembered a flash of iron and blond hair, then a stabbing pain. She lost conciousness after that. She felt around her face, dazed. She was missing her left eye. She was alive though! The only... One.

Something in her changed that day. She no longer cared for the light of the goddess they worshipped. Not that she did much to begin with. The only thing that still burned in her was revenge. She had a purpose now, not to waste away on a cold floor on her knees praying for miracles. She would track down and kill every single person present that night who attacked her brothers and sisters.

She remembered each of their faces, and she briefly recalled some names.

Joseph, Elle, Volk, Brenuin, Tia, and Reeve. Those were their names. They spoke to each other the night of the attack as she lost conciousness. She would kill each one of them.

So she did. Wrapping her head in torn cloth, she limped in her bloodied rags to the nearest town where she could rest and recover. Then a miracle did happen. She heard the name Elle in a pub one evening. One of the bandits from that night. It was that evening that she broke into her room and took the first name with a stolen kitchen knife.

She took the expensive armor Elle had taken for herself and armed herself with the criminal's two daggers. The following morning, she had a star tattooed onto her face. A mark for every life whose blood would be repaid.

Five dead of her kin lay unavenged, and five targets remain alive. Armed and armored, she put herself to work, learning the arts of her enemies, surviving not through wasting her time working an inn, but through filling her own pockets with the property of others. To know your enemy is to beat them at their own game. She spent some time in the jails. Such was the process. Each time she found her way back out.

Two years passed since, and she has mastered the arts of the thief-assassin. It was time to finish the job.

Five targets left.

Personality

Despite an initial cold impression, Florence can actually be more upbeat than expected from someone as cold-blooded as her. Perhaps it comes from the feeling of freedom she gets from no longer being tied to the church, or from finally having a goal in life. It doesn't matter, because nevertheless, she is still a cold-hearted killer. However, she does abide by a code of ethics. The poor and the innocent are safe from her deeds, as are those who are willing to align with her cause. She would take on her enemies' tactics, not become her enemy. Even so, she has no qualms with killing and stealing, because that's her way of life.

Even so, she's still a bit of a party animal and can more than likely drink the most hardened alcoholic under the table. She is brutally sassy and sarcastic and you can almost see her eyes light up at the prospect of a heist or some such. She's passionate about her work, to say the least. She is driven by greed to a degree, though not so much that she would risk putting her own life in danger. (Not to say much about the lives of her companions, however.)

Abilities

Stealth - In day or night, Florence is a master of the shadows. Her hands nimble and her feet light, even in the most heavily guarded encampments it's unlikely for her to be detected so long as she's careful.

The Essentials -  A good thief needs to have a certain skillset. This includes lockpicking, pickpocketing, breaking and entering, breaking out, et cetera. Florence considers herself talented in all these aspects.

Combat - Since taking Elle's twin daggers for herself, she practiced day and night in their usage, and she can hold her own in a fight if her usual tactics don't quite pan out.

Weaknesses

Range - While Florence can hold up in close quarters, against a skilled archer or mage, she doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of closing the distance unscathed.

Light Fighter - In a contest of strength, she is sure to lose. Despite her talent at CQC, she is still smaller and weaker than the average warrior, and as much as she may use her agility to her advantage, any fight against a more powerful opponent remains a struggle. Heavens forbid she is outnumbered.

Perception - She is missing an eye after all. She is entirely incapable of judging distance, or aiming a bow, or picking up fine details further than a few meters.

Equipment

Elle's Daggers - The choice weapon of her first kill, a pair of finely-crafted iron daggers. One of which she suspects was stuck in her skull once.

Noble Armor - Stolen from some higher-up official, she looted this off of Elle and took it for herself. After a few modifications, it is almost entirely silent when she moves, and it looks pretty damn official to boot. The cape really sells it when she has to fake being royalty.

Waist Bag - Hitched to her belt, concealed behind the cape, she wears a somewhat bulky bag used for storing - you guessed it - stolen valuables. This bag is responsible for netting her a warm place to sleep each night. Very protective of it. Some say she has a few secrets in that bag, be it a legendary unicorn horn, or a cursed artifact, or a particularly tiny piece of underwear. Nobody knows.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2024, 06:08:11 AM by Amatiramisu »

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #316 on: November 25, 2015, 12:43:27 PM
or a particularly tiny piece of underwear
Haha, that made my day.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #317 on: November 25, 2015, 03:33:29 PM
Awesome backstory-looking forward to see her interact with the party. At any point you want to find one of the bandits just send me a PM and I'll work it in to whatever is happening.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #318 on: November 25, 2015, 07:47:45 PM
Sounds good, Blue.  Appreciate it.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #319 on: November 26, 2015, 03:53:17 AM
Wait did you mean a small pair of underwear or literally a small piece of someone's underwear.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #320 on: November 26, 2015, 06:04:43 AM
the tiny piece of underwear is only conjecture
the secrets of that bag remain unknown to all but its master to this day

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #321 on: November 26, 2015, 07:10:53 AM
Conjecture shwjecture.
If Albertus has his way... Ehh...  Nah. He only has eyes for Aya. 8D

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #322 on: January 15, 2016, 01:08:42 AM
That was a good binge reading session, hehe. [eyebrow] ~w~

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #323 on: January 15, 2016, 01:22:39 AM
I could create a Harry Potter-sized book with all of your bios.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #324 on: February 19, 2016, 05:36:30 PM
Tonight I'll photoshop that picture to remove the, well, body, and the engravings as best I can. Mostly because it seems like an easy project.