The Official E3 2015 Thread

Phi · 17938

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #175 on: June 17, 2015, 02:57:02 AM
Looked like Nintendo's list wetted appetites of all ages. Nice to hear.

*waits forever for Pokemon Z and Megaman ZX3*

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #176 on: June 17, 2015, 02:58:58 AM
Looked like Nintendo's list wetted appetites of all ages. Nice to hear.

*waits forever for Pokemon Z and Megaman ZX3*
One of those will never, ever happen. Don't do that to yourself.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #177 on: June 17, 2015, 03:01:35 AM
Unfortunately it was also met with lots of bitching as well because people wanted their Zelda/Pokemon 'obvious rumor' games/NX announcements even though they said they weren't going to talk about Zelda or NX.  Not that such bitching wasn't unexpected.

Though honestly I kind of want Pokemon to take a little break for a while after ORAS.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #178 on: June 17, 2015, 03:02:31 AM
One of those will never, ever happen. Don't do that to yourself.
What are you saying!? POKEMON NEVER DIES!! *delusional*

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #179 on: June 17, 2015, 03:03:30 AM
People are whiners. Whiners who don't like Star Fox. Who cares what they think. This guy sure doesn't.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #180 on: June 17, 2015, 03:05:29 AM
Your sig was that the mech in a different viewpoint or did I miss some sort of doggie Arwing?

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #181 on: June 17, 2015, 03:13:15 AM
It's the first shot they showed of it transforming in the trailer. Birdwing is the best.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #182 on: June 17, 2015, 03:14:48 AM
Ah, I must have just missed that when I tuned in.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #183 on: June 17, 2015, 03:15:51 AM
hah. wow. the Federation Force video has over 20,000 dislikes on youtube compared to only like a meager 2,000 likes. nobody likes it

Nobody ever asked for it either. What people DO want is a new Metroid game. This looks like some kind of rejected Nintendoland bit. What were they thinking when the Franchise has been dead for the last 5 years, with not even an acknowledgement of it's 25th anniversary?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #184 on: June 17, 2015, 03:18:41 AM
That one was an odd choice, to be sure. It looks like it'll be OK, not terrible but not what people wanted.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #185 on: June 17, 2015, 03:20:31 AM
I'm willing to try it and I'm not really into Metroid myself.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #186 on: June 17, 2015, 03:24:21 AM
That one was an odd choice, to be sure. It looks like it'll be OK, not terrible but not what people wanted.

well thats the thing. on its own it looks harmless, maybe even fun. but the infuriating part is that people want a new metroid game, and instead Nintendo has only announced this.

If this was announced alongside a new metroid game, nobody would have an issue with it.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #187 on: June 17, 2015, 03:43:54 AM
I liked the Star Fox Zero trailer, and even I can admit this Direct was very disappointing.

Then again, I'm measuring it against the might of Kingdom Hearts 3, Uncharted 4, The Last Guardian, Fallout 4 and a couple other titles that left me speechless.

Nothing in this Direct left me speechless.

I had more of a "Huh, that's pretty neat" reaction to it.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #188 on: June 17, 2015, 05:27:35 AM
The main issue was that the last one was just so goddamn hilarious with it's reveals and everything. I mean, it wasn't overwhelming. Neither was this one. But the Robot Chicken stuff helped to sell it a lot better.

I think what people forget is that they really don't care much for E3 anymore since they started doing the Nintendo Directs. When they've got new [parasitic bomb] to sell, they just announce a new Nintendo Direct in like a week or so and then boom, information. Personally, I vastly prefer that to the Project SETSUNA "here are some pretty pictures more on this in a [tornado fang]ing year" format.

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #189 on: June 17, 2015, 05:29:06 AM
Watching the PC conference. No Man's Sky is not a PS4 exclusive anymore. Really seems to be the trend lately eh?

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #190 on: June 17, 2015, 05:30:31 AM
Is there a release date for that yet?

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #191 on: June 17, 2015, 05:34:52 AM
The main issue was that the last one was just so goddamn hilarious with it's reveals and everything. I mean, it wasn't overwhelming. Neither was this one. But the Robot Chicken stuff helped to sell it a lot better.

I think what people forget is that they really don't care much for E3 anymore since they started doing the Nintendo Directs. When they've got new [parasitic bomb] to sell, they just announce a new Nintendo Direct in like a week or so and then boom, information. Personally, I vastly prefer that to the Project SETSUNA "here are some pretty pictures more on this in a [tornado fang]ing year" format.
Honestly I liked Nintendo's presentation more than Square's on a presentation level despite the fact it was obvious they didn't care about E3 ever since they had Nintendo direct.  Yes Square had more games that people were excited for, but go the amount of talking and the sudden montages made me bored, especially when they talked through the Just Cause 3 Trailer.

The best thing was this dude and the massive Kingdom Hearts trolling.

People are whiners. Whiners who don't like Star Fox. Who cares what they think. This guy sure doesn't.

I like this dude. 

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #192 on: June 18, 2015, 10:27:02 PM
I know exactly none of you want to give this game a chance, but whatever. Here's some info for FE x SMT. The video near the bottom gives a good idea of what to expect.

Essentially Persona with some warped FE characters for support/bosses. Not too bad, but not what people were expecting when they used SMT in the original announcement.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #193 on: June 18, 2015, 10:42:57 PM
I would be fine with the game if it didn't bear the Fire Emblem or SMT name; particularly the latter, as I absolutely do not see the SMT influence.

Atlus should have just made this an individual IP.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #194 on: June 19, 2015, 12:21:37 AM
It doesn't, technically. It's name is Illusory Revelations #FE. Obviously the latter part is in reference to Fire Emblem, but the rest is only tangentially related to SMT, Revelations being part of the original Persona's name. Originally billing it as part SMT was a mistake, I feel, as SMT by itself is vague. People seemed to interpret it literally as something akin to the core SMTs, where it's skewing more towards Persona. And let's get real here, to expect them to not go the Persona angle is foolish. That's what popular, that's what sells.

As for being an original IP, it practically is. Rather than just combining the two series, it seems to be taking elements from both and doing its own thing with it. The whole pop angle is way more prevalent than either series' presence. Which is probably just turning people off from it even more. But you know what, you got to [tornado fang]ing play it first. (That's gonna end up being my motto for this year. It applies to quite a few games announced.) This could turn out the same way Final Fantasy X-2 did. Once you get past the cheesy Charlie's Angels vibe, you get one of the better battle systems in any FF.

Disclaimer: I'm not much of a fan of either series. But I'm even less of a fan of people being so quick to judge.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #195 on: June 19, 2015, 01:09:13 AM
Well, I think the whole Persona/FE thing looks exciting, but then, knowing that Tiki's in it, the game was basically halfway sold to me right there.  The pop angle honestly did look interesting to me though, even if confusing/unexpected, it still has my attention.

hah. wow. the Federation Force video has over 20,000 dislikes on youtube compared to only like a meager 2,000 likes. nobody likes it

Nobody ever asked for it either. What people DO want is a new Metroid game. This looks like some kind of rejected Nintendoland bit. What were they thinking when the Franchise has been dead for the last 5 years, with not even an acknowledgement of it's 25th anniversary?
The game IS underwhelming, but what slays me is that everyone's problem is the name: If this was a new shooting IP and they said Samus would make an appearance, nobody would give a damn.  Heck, if they called it "Metroid Blast 2", people might have liked it.  But because it has "Metroid Prime" in the title, which let us not forget is a label that includes a freaking pinball game, that makes it a horrific betrayal.

As utterly ridiculous as that is, and as shameful as the Metroid fanbase has become, I think Nintendo should have seen it coming.  The moment anyone said "this will be similar to Hunters" is the moment they should have known to re-think what label they're attaching to the game.

I WILL KICK ALL YOUR ASSES IN MARIO TENNIS!!!
I look forward to seeing you try.  :P

That and we need to drive each other nuts in Zelda Triforce Heroes.  I probably would have dismissed that one if not for the fact that it is online, so yay!

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #196 on: June 19, 2015, 07:05:45 AM
I know exactly none of you want to give this game a chance, but whatever. Here's some info for FE x SMT. The video near the bottom gives a good idea of what to expect.

Essentially Persona with some warped FE characters for support/bosses. Not too bad, but not what people were expecting when they used SMT in the original announcement.

I think it looks like fun.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #197 on: June 19, 2015, 07:20:18 AM
I'm mainly interested in Mario and Luigi Paper Jam, Star Fox Zero, Federation Force as shocking as it sounds, Triforce Heroes, and Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer.    I unfortunately suck at Tennis in any form.  Not to mention I still don't have a Wii U yet.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #198 on: June 19, 2015, 08:53:25 AM
It doesn't, technically. It's name is Illusory Revelations #FE. Obviously the latter part is in reference to Fire Emblem, but the rest is only tangentially related to SMT, Revelations being part of the original Persona's name. Originally billing it as part SMT was a mistake, I feel, as SMT by itself is vague. People seemed to interpret it literally as something akin to the core SMTs, where it's skewing more towards Persona. And let's get real here, to expect them to not go the Persona angle is foolish. That's what popular, that's what sells.

As for being an original IP, it practically is. Rather than just combining the two series, it seems to be taking elements from both and doing its own thing with it. The whole pop angle is way more prevalent than either series' presence. Which is probably just turning people off from it even more. But you know what, you got to [tornado fang]ing play it first. (That's gonna end up being my motto for this year. It applies to quite a few games announced.) This could turn out the same way Final Fantasy X-2 did. Once you get past the cheesy Charlie's Angels vibe, you get one of the better battle systems in any FF.

Disclaimer: I'm not much of a fan of either series. But I'm even less of a fan of people being so quick to judge.

The game might be good, or it may not. Either way, I never once stated that it looked bad. That isn't the issue in this matter.

I, along with many others, are very disappointed that this "crossover" isn't REMOTELY like what we were promised. There is barely any resemblance to the initial SMT x FE teaser.

This is what we expected:

http://youtu.be/OK5-EIzDtKo

Dark, ominous, foreboding and my favorite video from the Direct this was announced on. It implemented themes from both franchises, and I got chills from it. Even if the crossover didn't have the same characters, it was meant to incorporate the spirit of both worlds.

Instead, we get this:

Forget staying close to the roots of what makes the core SMT and FE games unique and intriguing, let's go mainstream. Anime waifus forever!

It's a slap in the face. This crossover was by far one of my most anticipated titles, along with Zero Escape 3 and Kingdom Hearts 3.

And to lay claim the notion that the Persona-style is the only route to go with is complete bull.

Atlus has represented the darker SMT for a while. Shin Megami Tensei IV retains it's mature roots and they localized Soul Hackers to the west, even though no one asked for it. They didn't have to, but they clearly don't mind the exposure to classic SMT.

Is Persona the easier way to go? Perhaps. But you cannot say Atlus wouldn't develop what was initially promised. There is no excuse.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #199 on: June 19, 2015, 11:42:01 AM
Maybe all of the Persona-ness is a mere smokescreen to get everyone's guards down, and then they unleash the SMT?

That's what I'm hoping; didn't see the initial teaser, but I don't like that kind of bait-and-switch any more than the next guy.