Mighty No. 9

Nexus · 259759

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #1625 on: June 23, 2016, 06:45:59 AM
Oh no, it's not her, it's her damn stage!

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #1626 on: June 23, 2016, 06:49:32 AM
Is it a long review? I ran into a problem when I tried to submit my review of Banzai Pecan: The Last Disgrace of This Century because of how much I wanted to rip BrothaKyo a new [dark hold] so I had to abridge it and stick the unabridged version in my crappy Blogger account until I can summon up the drive to make a new/better blog elsewhere. Maybe shortening it might help.

Is that so? That might explain why it didn't register when I hit post! But I know there's some reviews that are long, perhaps mine's was too long? Honestly that's lame.

Anyway I finally beat MN9 and holy cow what a rush! It really was fun, but frustrating, game! I have to admit some of the level designs is what really caused me death a lot and the slow down on the framerate doesn't help either, but nonetheless it really is a fun game.

Honestly did anyone had any trouble with Call's last section of her stage when you played her? I do like her slow, but stronger attacks and more "patient" playstyle to show how different she is. Though honestly I died a lot on the final part and I first thought the barrier would protect me from the death spikes, but nope. It took me several tries until I realize I could've used both the dash and slow descend of Call's hover ability to make it safely... though the last part is kinda narrow.

And the final stage... oh my gosh! Those Xel Blocks took me a moment to figure out how those work and you have to be close to them to prevent them from reforming again until you move away and though I do enjoy using Bat's Form a lot and it helps it's advise to not use it on the last section with the air currents as it slows down the framerate considerable when you attack the Xel Blocks and prevents your actions being register and fall to your death.

And the final boss, I died a lot on her until I learned the patterns. I finally beat her first form without getting a hit, though I took some hits on her second form and she hurts a lot! Sucks when you die your Healing Items are gone as well which is a little poor in game design. True it's a hard game at times with a lot of trial and error, but once you learn the stage and patterns is becomes quite fun to see how fast you can clear it.

The robot factory confused me a bit on the part when you need Avi's Form to continue on... kinda like how using the Mighty Forms are necessary in that stage which is kinda cool.

Though I do miss aspects on finding hidden rooms and obtaining special power-ups, but seeing as this more closely to Classic Mega Man style so no hidden power-ups really and no Wall Jumping as they was part of the X series and later the Zero and ZX series.

There are flaws in the game, but I still enjoyed it nonetheless. I do hope the sequel is WAY better kinda like how MM2 was so much better than the first one. Also it was a nice surprise with the final boss getting a true form in the end. I think a lot of people liked that design after and I was not expecting it.

I might try out some of the challenges later and finish Ray's Story, but for now a break and I need to keep on working on FFXIV on my character to cap all his classes and finish the Moogle BT Quests.

Did you guys enjoy it as well?

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #1627 on: June 23, 2016, 06:58:01 AM
Whoops, I misread that, but then again it was her fight that really stood out for me, especially when trying to do S-rank runs.

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Reply #1628 on: June 23, 2016, 09:28:20 AM
Oh no, it's not her, it's her damn stage!
yeaaaaaa that wasn't great

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1629 on: June 23, 2016, 09:33:07 AM
Seriously I severely underestimated how fast the percentage rose in Sunny Weather. :o

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #1630 on: June 23, 2016, 09:55:24 AM
At least it proved Zero has Dry Skin! Or he runs on Solar Power! 8D

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1631 on: June 23, 2016, 09:57:21 AM
Please don't insinuate he's a Pokemon. :|

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #1632 on: June 23, 2016, 10:15:40 AM
ZERO ZERO!
MAKE IT HAPPEN- *shot*

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1633 on: June 23, 2016, 10:27:29 AM
yeaaaaaa that wasn't great

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiTWnfTPPrc[/yt]

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #1634 on: June 23, 2016, 06:58:13 PM
I heard the Wii U version was plagued with network errors, possibly bricks, and needed an immediate patch to correct itself.  Good thing I'm replacing my console anyway, although with Tokyo Mirage on the way I just might hold off on this game until it goes on sale.

Monster Hunter, RE, SF undoubtedly makes them more money than MM games.
I think the only one of those that was consistent was Resident Evil (it's biggest "failure" was still a multi-million seller).  Street Fighter was brought back from the dead with SF4, and while Monster Hunter is HUGE in Japan, it was virtually unknown to the western world before Tri, and pretty much took until 4 to get on its feet as a proper multi-region series.

I like side-scrollers. That's why I love Shovel Knight & Shantae and that's why I'm hoping Mighty No. 9 is fun. If it is, I'll buy the next one. I'll eventually get into the Gunvolt series. If some other non-Comcept Kickstarter comes out and says they're going to make a "MegaMan style platformer" then I'll help fund that as well. They are giving me what I want. Capcom is not and no amount of cameos in other non side-scroller games is going to change that.
Fair enough, I just dived back into Gunvolt two days ago and God knows I'm at the edge of my seat waiting for Half Genie Hero.

All I'm saying is that I resent the attitude of Mighty being the "definitive" one, the sole successor on which Mega Man's legacy and fanbase ride.  The only justification for that is Inafune's name being on it.  And you know what?  That's not enough.  The PSP games and MM9 were all mediocre, and Inafune headed all of them.  MM10 was the main reason I thought he might know what the hell he was doing.

I would say try X4 first since it seems a bit easier since it's the one I played the most out of the X series, although Sigma's final form can really [tornado fang] you over if you're not prepared, speaking from experience.
Agreed, especially while playing as X, X4 is among the easier entries to the series.

Of course, you could also pop in Xtreme2 and plow through everything with your ridiculously overpowered Power-Up Parts.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1635 on: June 23, 2016, 07:09:49 PM
Unfortunately I kind of share PB's bias of not having a seperate Dash Button due to the limited technology.  I really don't like double tapping the D-Pad to Dash and it used to be quite finicky to me. :\

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1636 on: June 23, 2016, 08:01:13 PM
Can't you map dash to a shoulder button or something? Cherry mentioned she remapped the Dash button to the ZL button with the Wii U version, and I saw an option in the options menu on a friend of mine's livestream yesterday that you can disable the double-tap dash function, though he was playing it on PC.

possibly bricks
I'm pretty sure that's an exaggerated lie like the "it's originally going to be 2D" bullshit sheep are spreading. I have not seen a single shred of evidence of bricking a Wii U, just hardlocking/crashing. And speaking of sheep, someone on my twitter feed tried to give the game away only for the sheep he tried to give the game away to turning out to be a obvious douchebag and responded with death threat in return. What a bunch of babies.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #1637 on: June 24, 2016, 01:39:30 AM
Di-Did you guys see this

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1638 on: June 24, 2016, 01:41:20 AM
Already saw that. Can't wait for that to be proven wrong when I get it.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1639 on: June 24, 2016, 01:42:29 AM
We saw, and honestly most of us don't care it seems.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #1640 on: June 24, 2016, 01:45:22 AM
I thought it was hilarious. ._.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1641 on: June 24, 2016, 02:17:15 AM
I feel like I'm missing some context here. XD

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1642 on: June 24, 2016, 02:18:35 AM
I feel like I'm missing some context here. XD
https://twitter.com/pg_kamiya/status/249735186936369153

It was prior to MN9's kickstarter by about a year.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1643 on: June 24, 2016, 02:20:38 AM
Hideki Kamiya once said "Inafune is a Business Man not a Creator"

The MN9, Comcept, and Inafune Haters use that as "proof" that Inafune's ideas suck.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1644 on: June 24, 2016, 02:23:46 AM
Oh, that twat. I vaguely remember that tweet way back.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1645 on: June 24, 2016, 02:24:48 AM
Yeah Kamiya has a huge grudge against Inafune. :\

I mean Hideki Kamiya is kind of an ass, and while I can respect that at times it does really make me question that he's that guy who made Okami.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1646 on: June 24, 2016, 02:28:18 AM
Hideki Kamiya once said "Inafune is a Business Man not a Creator"

The MN9, Comcept, and Inafune Haters use that as "proof" that Inafune's ideas suck.
Too bad Comcept or (god forbid) Deep Silver can't remove that and make it a generic "—A bitter Generous Backer". And seriously, what the [tornado fang] Inafune ever did to Kamiya "deserve" to that kind of ire.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1647 on: June 24, 2016, 02:31:03 AM
Yeah Kamiya has a huge grudge against Inafune. :\

I mean Hideki Kamiya is kind of an ass, and while I can respect that at times it does really make me question that he's that guy who made Okami.

It's just unprofessional, that sorta mud flinging doesn't help anyone at all.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1648 on: June 24, 2016, 02:32:59 AM
According to TV Tropes Inafune is supposably responsible for Kamiya leaving.  He has no ill will against Capcom and says that nobody has the right to insult Capcom.  But Inafune he utterly hates, and he went as far as to say MN9 is an insult to Capcom.

So yeah, Kamiya has a major grudge that seems a bit warrented but at the same time he's really salty too. :\

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1649 on: June 24, 2016, 02:37:27 AM
Jezz, that's worse than me with BrothaKyo. He should be thankful that he was able to get more creative freedom with his [parasitic bomb] working at Platinum Games.