Mighty No. 9

Nexus · 259945

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #1425 on: May 29, 2016, 08:14:29 AM
Firing people wouldn't solve a damn thing, in fact that would make it worse, especially since the Network problems are individual to each platform, and we can't forget how [tornado fang]ing complicated the Wii U and Handhelds are due to how alien it is compared to PC, PS4, and Xbone.  It can't  be solved with one size fits all system.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline NitroWhite

• Java Maker
  • Robot Master
  • I hate all of you
    • View Profile
Reply #1426 on: May 29, 2016, 08:18:17 AM
you sure are taking this more seriously than I was, just stating that EA as a publisher could do a better job than this disaster MN9 ended up being.

tho I'm mostly just pissing on this game for my own lulz

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1427 on: May 29, 2016, 08:20:45 AM
Can't help it, I'm a Human Resources Major.  My job is to identify problems and how to fix them to make an organization work better.  At least ones I get into the field.

This is surprisingly similar to that, in a round about way.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #1428 on: May 29, 2016, 08:21:29 AM
tho I'm mostly just pissing on this game for my own lulz
Thanks for proving mine and few other's points on the matter at hand...

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1429 on: May 29, 2016, 08:23:32 AM
To be fair I'm just repeating some of what OBJECTION MAN and Fxeni have said multiple times in a very rudimentary manner along with some intuition and Cuban Sass.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #1430 on: May 29, 2016, 08:25:42 AM
Mmm i'll take some of that cuban sass bby~

*ahem*

Anyways I just think that between the constant delays, the PR shitstorm that was Inafune's SJW girlfriend or whatever the hell that whole thing was, and the general lack of interest in the mainstream outside the MM fanbase, I honestly can't see the game doing well.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1431 on: May 29, 2016, 08:29:07 AM
The only thing that it has hope for is it's own merits, however a small hope it may be.

I mean keep in mind there are people who still want to play the game, and word of mouth can be powerful internet drama be damned.  It's a hell of a long shot don't get me wrong, I ain't stupid and severe damage has been done, but it shouldn't get in the way of people enjoying a game, and in the end that's all that matters.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1432 on: May 29, 2016, 08:33:32 AM
Anyways I just think that between the constant delays, the PR shitstorm that was Inafune's SJW girlfriend or whatever the hell that whole thing was, and the general lack of interest in the mainstream outside the MM fanbase, I honestly can't see the game doing well.

And that's pretty much the reason why there's Zero (see what I did there  8D) reason for Capcom to make any new MegaMan games. They hilariously and arsonistically burned their PR bridges with the Legends 3 clusterfuckbuster and there is no interest from the mainstream outside the MM fanbase for a brand new MegaMan game.

Unless Nintendo wants to push for a new MegaMan game based on the excitement of having him in the Smash Bros., our best hope for the franchise is currently tied to an upcoming animated series that people are already pissed about. In other words, the situation is still Mega-bleak, ladies and gentlemen.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1433 on: May 29, 2016, 08:37:45 AM
It is very mega bleak for sure, but I don't want to give up until the entire hand is played.  It just ain't my style, naive as hell as I'm aware it is.

I just hope if they do make a game out of that show it's good and fresh, but I can't judge what isn't a reality yet, events have a weird way of twisting expectations.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1434 on: May 29, 2016, 08:49:36 AM
It is very mega bleak for sure, but I don't want to give up until the entire hand is played.  It just ain't my style, naive as hell as I'm aware it is.

I just hope if they do make a game out of that show it's good and fresh, but I can't judge what isn't a reality yet, events have a weird way of twisting expectations.
Spiritia Rosenberg (from RosenkreuzStilette) would be proud.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1435 on: May 29, 2016, 08:59:38 AM
To be fair I was channeling OG Yu-Gi-Oh Heart of the Cards BS since that is totally something that should be relied on right guys? 8D

I mean realistically this would get a Pyhric Victory at best, and even if I consider that significant given the current circumstances that is still a huge ass blow and investors would be very doubtful to invest in Comcept with high reluctance.  Idealistically Comcept will learn from their mistakes, Re-Core does well, RED ASH by some miracle becomes sleeper hit, and maybe Inafune can make a sequel to Soul Sacrifice to make up for this, but again this is ideal and not realistic.

But hey stranger things have happened and while I am realistic I don't like being negative either.

That being said I have no hope for the RED ASH anime because [tornado fang] white washing Call.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1436 on: May 29, 2016, 09:10:49 AM
To be fair I was channeling OG Yu-Gi-Oh Heart of the Cards BS since that is totally something thag should be relied on right guys? 8D

I mean realistically this would get a Pyhric Victory at best, and even if I consider that significant given the current circumstances that is still a huge ass blow and investors would be very doubtful to invest in Comcept with high reluctance.  Idealistically Comcept will learn from their mistakes, Re-Core does well, RED ASH by some miracle becomes sleeper hit, and maybe Inafune can make a sequel to Soul Sacrifice to make up for this, but again this is ideal and not realistic.

But hey stranger things have happened and while I am realistic I don't like being negative either.

That being said I have no hope for the RED ASH anime because [tornado fang] white washing Call.

The RED ASH anime will probably be bad due to being a video game adaptation, not because of white washing.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1437 on: May 29, 2016, 09:16:23 AM
To be fair the anime continuity takes place in an alternate Universe and has a [parasitic bomb] load of other characters that won't show up in the game as well as a different story line so it at least won't be like a Dangan Ronpa Anime rushed thing.

I'm mostly using it as a scapegoat for being dead weight for a Kickstarter that had a very low chance of succeeding in the first place because Inafune thought it would be a brilliant idea to launch 2 kickstarters at once even though that's the dumbest [parasitic bomb] ever. 

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #1438 on: May 29, 2016, 09:40:43 AM
I was honestly more excited for Red Ash but Inafune's handling was VERY stupid and I'm honestly pessimistic about it ever reaching completion.

If we're talking kickstarters though, Igarashi [tornado fang]ing nailed it. <3

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1439 on: May 29, 2016, 09:43:19 AM
Same here my friend, I mean like I said I'm hoping for a miracle for RED ASH.

At the very least I think it's better they're keeping the game development a bit more quiet than MN9 for now, but here's hoping it can't get worse.

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #1440 on: May 29, 2016, 10:06:14 AM
Been playing Legends 2 recently and I do hope Red Dash does excellent when it comes out (I did back it a little  >w<).

I backed up MN9 and I'm still looking forward to it, damn the haters. True the trailer was "too old-school" but I did have a little guilty pleasure enjoying some parts of it, but yeah Deep Silver screwed up there.

I find it humorous people claimed they were "lied" to about the premise of the game being Hi-Quality 2D Artwork when it was written there in FINE PRINT that it was going to be all in 3D and the concept art was to give an example of what it's going to be like. A shame though, I think the concept art would've been a better way to envision the game world, but to each to their own. Also a shame they were unable to get the mix transformation abilities from foes for Beck (Axl was sort like this but minor as he just copied their abilities or forms for X7 and X8).

Also the delay on the Online part... wasn't that because Sony and Microsoft WOULDN'T allow games released on their consoles to have NO Online features available at start and have Comcept delay the game to meet Sony and Microsoft's rule to release the games on the PS and Xbox consoles?

Anyway seeing some of the "leak" intro gameplay of Ray I have to say... the game looks amazing! And I cannot wait to play it, especially the Ray stages. That passive damage to your health on top you taking damage from your foes? She's going to a fun challenge to play as. Though her character model feels off to me. I know she's falling apart, but I thought she been more red in color for her armor.

Not spoiling myself with the Final Boss and waiting on the game itself to play it and see it from myself.

I know I'm going to like MN9 very much. ^_^

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1441 on: May 29, 2016, 10:11:51 AM
I don't know, I don't trust that leak when the game comes out in late June.  I mean that's beyond suspicious.

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #1442 on: May 29, 2016, 10:25:45 AM

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1443 on: May 29, 2016, 10:28:05 AM
Yes, I don't trust that leak as far as I can virtually throw it.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1444 on: May 29, 2016, 07:28:48 PM
The thing is why would EA care about a little start up company in Japan and could they fix the Network problems which according to OBJECTION MAN, who is a indie game developer here, can't be patched like normal?

It's not a technology thing, it's an ESRB thing. The ESRB rates things differently when you have an online component to the game. Patching in the online components later gets funky because the physical store bought box has one rating and the content ends up being different, which should have a different rating, when you update.

Most of this information comes from Inafune but I don't think there is much reason to not believe it. I know for a fact that online components simply existing in the game are part of the ESRB rating.

It is possible for digital titles that this isn't a problem as it can be re-rated on the digital store front, where physical copies can't be changed once printed. This is speculation though. I think Double Dragon neon, a digital only game, did patch online in after the fact. However if it was a DLC add-on (to which I am not sure either way) that DLC add-on would have possibly been rated on it's own there by bypassing this issue. Mighty No. 9 in that case, if this was possible, would have to SELL you the online components. I think that would have gone over a LOT worse than a delay.

Just some food for thought.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1445 on: May 29, 2016, 07:35:37 PM
Thanks for the corrections, again.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1446 on: May 29, 2016, 07:53:12 PM
What about physical retail re-prints of certain games that had their ratings changed at some point because the ESRB probably didn't get a tape of a game that didn't clearly show the contents of said game, like what happened with The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion? It had a Teen rating when it first came out (my older brother still even has the first print release of Oblivion), but after the ESRB found out their was mutilated corpses in that game, it was given a Mature rating later.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1447 on: May 29, 2016, 09:26:55 PM
I believe such a thing gets the developer in trouble with the ESRB, and there may even be a fine involved. Speculation though, but what I do know is its not making the ESRB happy when that happens.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1448 on: May 30, 2016, 12:01:03 AM
At this point I just want it all to be over and done with. Im burned out on MN9 drama.

that said, at least it looks better than the animated series is looking. game may be a mess every which way from gameplay to marketing to development, but Inafune and his crew definitely know how to press all the right "Mega Man buttons" designwise and conceptwise.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1449 on: May 30, 2016, 12:35:11 AM
At this point I just want it all to be over and done with. Im burned out on MN9 drama.

that said, at least it looks better than the animated series is looking. game may be a mess every which way from gameplay to marketing to development, but Inafune and his crew definitely know how to press all the right "Mega Man buttons" designwise and conceptwise.
Amen to that. It's just sad to detractors only want to [parasitic bomb] on Inafune and this game just to make themselves feel better. *cough**cough* Don't get me wrong, they definitely screwed up with marketing and such, but I don't think it's worth turning it into a war crime.