Mighty No. 9

Nexus · 259852

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #1400 on: May 29, 2016, 05:05:16 AM
Am I the only other one that appreciates Legacy Collection? ._.

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1401 on: May 29, 2016, 05:08:23 AM
It could also indicate that they need to stop being lazy (or appearing lazy). Seriously, that's the most common complaint I see wrt: all these re-releases.

At the VERY LEAST, if Capcom's going to keep doing this, they ought to take care of some games that haven't been re-released as of this post. A physical release of Megamans 9 and 10 (with all the DLC) would be appreciated--if the 3DS could handle it, then that's where I'd like it to go.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #1402 on: May 29, 2016, 05:25:42 AM
Don't get me wrong, they could have tested the waters with an actual new game instead of a collection, but the fact that the thing they tested the waters with got such negative responses probably isn't a good indicator to them to actually make a new game lol

Uh, I think it's an indicator that nobody wants another re-release and they want something new.

It could also indicate that they need to stop being lazy (or appearing lazy). Seriously, that's the most common complaint I see wrt: all these re-releases.

At the VERY LEAST, if Capcom's going to keep doing this, they ought to take care of some games that haven't been re-released as of this post. A physical release of Megamans 9 and 10 (with all the DLC) would be appreciated--if the 3DS could handle it, then that's where I'd like it to go.

Yeah MMLC would've done better had it been at least, I don't know, complete.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #1403 on: May 29, 2016, 05:31:41 AM
While I do agree that the MMLC is pretty lazy since there were lots of other methods to obtain the first 6 classic games at the time I don't know what would have been a better option if they couldn't release a new game.  That being said the vitriol was way too extreme too.

At the very least we finally have all 3 Legends games on the PSN which is pretty amazing with the hurdles they had to go through to do that.   

I personally would have liked all 6 battle network games in a collection myself, but since they are RPGs it is kind of infeasible to do that with a single 3DS cart I think, not to mention the dual versions starting with 3, though we can probably do without White for how lacking it is compared to Blue and Blue Moon's glitchiness, it's still a [parasitic bomb] load of stuff to squeeze in even with today's current technology.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #1404 on: May 29, 2016, 05:45:55 AM
Am I the only other one that appreciates Legacy Collection? ._.

I have no qualms with Legacy Collection. I do own Anniversary Collection, but those ports suck. LC is practically 1-1. It's a bargain too. Buying all 3 on Virtual Console costs twice as much, PSN is probably even more expensive, and the NES carts go for stupid amounts of money. And the Challenge mode was fun.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #1405 on: May 29, 2016, 06:57:01 AM
ZX collection would be cool.

Or, y'know, ZX3. But uh

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1406 on: May 29, 2016, 06:59:31 AM
I mean a ZX collection is a bit lower priority since DS carts can be played on 3DSes, but [tornado fang] yeah I needs my ZX3.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #1407 on: May 29, 2016, 07:05:25 AM
I JUST NEED MORE AILE
Ashe is fine too, BUT MORE AILE

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1408 on: May 29, 2016, 07:05:53 AM
Don't get me wrong, they could have tested the waters with an actual new game instead of a collection, but the fact that the thing they tested the waters with got such negative responses probably isn't a good indicator to them to actually make a new game lol

Testing the waters with a new game would be more costly than the Legacy Collection, which is essentially what it boils down to. Capcom is pretty much in a no-win situation right now regarding MegaMan, business wise. No matter what they do, it will be the wrong answer. With the release of the Legacy Collection, people clamored for new games. If they actually made a MegaMan 11, people would complain that it was yet another Classic series game instead of X, ZX3, or Legends 3. While they could make an X9 or ZX3, it falls into the same trap of Legends 3 in that it probably won't make a lot of money for them, unlike say a Street Fighter game.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #1409 on: May 29, 2016, 07:13:02 AM
Or Resident Evil, since they're probably devoting their time on developing REmake 2.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #1410 on: May 29, 2016, 07:18:40 AM
I mean a ZX collection is a bit lower priority since DS carts can be played on 3DSes, but [tornado fang] yeah I needs my ZX3.

I mean by that logic we didn't really need MMZ Collection since GBA carts could be played on NDSes.

I JUST NEED MORE AILE
Ashe is fine too, BUT MORE AILE

Testing the waters with a new game would be more costly than the Legacy Collection, which is essentially what it boils down to. Capcom is pretty much in a no-win situation right now regarding MegaMan, business wise. No matter what they do, it will be the wrong answer. With the release of the Legacy Collection, people clamored for new games. If they actually made a MegaMan 11, people would complain that it was yet another Classic series game instead of X, ZX3, or Legends 3. While they could make an X9 or ZX3, it falls into the same trap of Legends 3 in that it probably won't make a lot of money for them, unlike say a Street Fighter game.

But people didn't really like SFV that much either. Pokken Tournament of all things outsold it.

Or Resident Evil, since they're probably devoting their time on developing REmake 2.

They're making a new RE though, no?

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1411 on: May 29, 2016, 07:23:50 AM
But people didn't really like SFV that much either. Pokken Tournament of all things outsold it.

Perhaps not, but it still probably makes them more money than a MegaMan game, due to tourneys and such.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #1412 on: May 29, 2016, 07:26:32 AM

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1413 on: May 29, 2016, 07:27:14 AM
Perhaps not, but it still probably makes them more money than a MegaMan game, due to tourneys and such.
That's unfortunately very true.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1414 on: May 29, 2016, 07:31:28 AM
I mean by that logic we didn't really need MMZ Collection since GBA carts could be played on NDSes.

They're making a new RE though, no?
Umbrella Corps or Resident Evil: Bio-Terror? They were the other games in development listed on Wikipedia.

Also Phi and Ashe think alike. 8D *shot*

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1415 on: May 29, 2016, 07:32:55 AM
I think I actually did hear about an RE2 REmake as well.

Offline NitroWhite

• Java Maker
  • Robot Master
  • I hate all of you
    • View Profile
Reply #1416 on: May 29, 2016, 07:47:46 AM
MN9 looks like crap but I wasn't really planning to get it anyways. some anon on /v/ showed some game play of a build he got. (wouldn't say) Saw the final boss fight and everything

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1417 on: May 29, 2016, 07:51:26 AM
Already ahead of you on that. I personally only spoiled myself to small bits of Ray of nothing else.

Offline NitroWhite

• Java Maker
  • Robot Master
  • I hate all of you
    • View Profile
Reply #1418 on: May 29, 2016, 07:55:57 AM
I just laugh at this whole thing and at these devs and their mismanagement. These fuckers needed a publisher to keep them on track and slap them in the heads when they [tornado fang] up.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1419 on: May 29, 2016, 07:58:35 AM
The thing is DeepSilver was that Publisher, and apparently they didn't do a good job of "keeping them on track".

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #1420 on: May 29, 2016, 08:02:45 AM
Exactly my point. There's parts of this fanbase that would be horribly offended if they released one thing you mentioned, another part that would be offended if they released another thing listed, and so on and so forth. It's just... a PR minefield for them no matter what they release. Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline NitroWhite

• Java Maker
  • Robot Master
  • I hate all of you
    • View Profile
Reply #1421 on: May 29, 2016, 08:03:50 AM
At this point EA could of done a better job. Just think about it for a second, that EA as [parasitic bomb] as they are, could [tornado fang] it up this badly. At least they would have it released already (mind you they'd make the multiplayer a season pass only bullshit)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1422 on: May 29, 2016, 08:06:37 AM
The thing is why would EA care about a little start up company in Japan and could they fix the Network problems which according to OBJECTION MAN, who is a indie game developer here, can't be patched like normal?

Offline NitroWhite

• Java Maker
  • Robot Master
  • I hate all of you
    • View Profile
Reply #1423 on: May 29, 2016, 08:08:57 AM
At least for your second point, EA would probably fire the guy and have them use one of their already made systems for multiplayer.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #1424 on: May 29, 2016, 08:10:46 AM
He's speaking in hypotheticals, with EA as a developer.

And also EA isn't that bad anymore so