Mighty No. 9

Nexus · 260192

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #675 on: December 11, 2013, 01:00:44 AM
Welp.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #676 on: December 11, 2013, 01:01:17 AM
My question is how does "Community Manager" = "Designer"  I thought it was a PR position.  I mean I understand that she herself is a designer, but her job as community manager doesn't seem to mean she's going to design things for the game does it?

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #677 on: December 11, 2013, 01:03:58 AM
She's Community Manager AND a Designer. BOTH positions.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #678 on: December 11, 2013, 01:06:04 AM
She's Community Manager AND a Designer. BOTH positions.
Huh right sorry about that, got a brain fart there.  Still I don't think they'll let her go too overboard if she does go overboard.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #679 on: December 11, 2013, 01:07:52 AM
We'll have to see. Again, she has inside connections. And has risen in power right from the start. It's worrisome, but i suppose we'll have to see.

And now she's made her twitter private so people can't call her out on her [parasitic bomb].

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #680 on: December 11, 2013, 01:10:01 AM
I hate the spoils system, but again I'm sure if it gets out of hand I don't even think her connections will help her.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #681 on: December 11, 2013, 04:45:24 AM
Oh my Jesus.

No words, just posts. [parasitic bomb]'s going down.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #682 on: December 11, 2013, 04:58:45 AM
I think some people need to calm down a bit.

Archer

Reply #683 on: December 11, 2013, 05:05:46 AM
But Mighty No. 9 is Mighty No. 9 not Megaman, I don't see how that's related.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #684 on: December 11, 2013, 05:13:33 AM
I do get the argument about her art, especially after I saw her more....questionable.....almost Liefeld looking 'art'....but her other pieces aren't unsalvagable I actually kind of like this one to be honest save for the panty exposure and breast position.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_EQIvEZPhEYk/SXr2fJJAHCI/AAAAAAAAAXM/t7TIgz58CQk/s1600-h/Dina-abou-karam-4.jpg

But I just think we need to see what she can do.  Besides there's no way she would influence the art style, they might use her designs if they're good but they'll convert it to their style.

But Mighty No. 9 is Mighty No. 9 not Megaman, I don't see how that's related.
Seriously I hate how people are using Megaman in their argument too, it's not a good stance in my opinion.  It's just really childish to use that point in my opinion.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #685 on: December 11, 2013, 05:17:38 AM
I knew something was up when she brought up Final Fantasy VIII.

All kidding aside, this sounds WAY blown out of proportion. I'm seeing a whole bunch of doomsaying and paranoia, and just outlandish claims. Like, I don't really think it's a requirement for a MN9 team member to be a Mega Man fan, though it would help a lot. The "Mega Man X is best Mega Man" thing is a true statement not so much a lie about her knowledge of the games, but more bandwagoning for the MN9 forum topic with the same subject.

Let's just see how she handles the job before we kick her out. She has to actually [tornado fang] up first. If she does, detractors have all the right to say "I told you so."

I'm not a fan of extreme feminism myself, but let's face it, all this muckraking definitely has roots in misogyny, which is no better.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #686 on: December 11, 2013, 05:19:45 AM
*sigh* Even included a screencap of your response, very nice.

Anyways, if someone doesn't cut it in a small company, they won't last long. The managers have been around for a long time, and will not keep someone on for too long if they don't serve a purpose. Whatever happens from here on out, it's best to let time tell. Antagonizing her will just make the fanbase look terrible (Well, moreso than many already see it as).

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #687 on: December 11, 2013, 05:21:03 AM
Ahhhhhh Gamers & Nerds: because there's ALWAYS something to [sonic slicer] & complain about.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #688 on: December 11, 2013, 05:22:27 AM
I knew something was up when she brought up Final Fantasy VIII.

All kidding aside, this sounds WAY blown out of proportion. I'm seeing a whole bunch of doomsaying and paranoia, and just outlandish claims. Like, I don't really think it's a requirement for a MN9 team member to be a Mega Man fan, though it would help a lot. The "Mega Man X is best Mega Man" thing is a true statement not so much a lie about her knowledge of the games, but more bandwagoning for the MN9 forum topic with the same subject.

Let's just see how she handles the job before we kick her out. She has to actually [tornado fang] up first. If she does, detractors have all the right to say "I told you so."

I'm not a fan of extreme feminism myself, but let's face it, all this muckraking definitely has roots in misogyny, which is no better.
Yeah that's basically what I'm thinking, I just want to see what she does in her position before I judge whether she really shouldn't be there or not.  If the community is acting like that I wouldn't want to associate with it.

Ahhhhhh Gamers & Nerds: because there's ALWAYS something to [sonic slicer] & complain about.
Yeah pretty much what my opinion is here too, it's just like a Sonic fanbase fight.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #689 on: December 11, 2013, 05:30:45 AM
At this point, I think it's moved beyond the accusations and more towards the fact that she's not doing very well at answering them. Also, she confirms she only got the job because of her friends in the company, which stings some people, who were under the impression that they'd be getting people involved who knew the roots of the whole project. Not some Twitter chick who claims to have never played Mega Man, and only supports Mn9 because her "bf" works for comcept, and suddenly "X is the best series" and she becomes community manager, of a community composed predominantly of Mega Man fans who bought into the idea of a Mega Man successor and expected someone knowledgeable on the matter.

*sigh* Even included a screencap of your response, very nice.
Well I'm not gonna go out of my way to edit myself out of it. It was right in the middle and there it will stay. :\

On a lighter note:

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
Reply #690 on: December 11, 2013, 04:04:59 PM

No comment.

Fear me.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #691 on: December 11, 2013, 07:47:29 PM
Superior

And another fusion:

also,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXDSfUJBCj0

That didn't take long

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #692 on: December 12, 2013, 02:07:11 AM

That didn't take long

*Says Kenji Inafune at 1:45*
Uh huh.

Well, these are all fair points. I still think that people are taking this too far though. I also still think that if she does her job badly, she'll be kicked out. While people can be terrible almost indefinitely in bigger companies because they are easy to overlook, this is not the case in smaller companies. Every person counts, and if someone isn't pulling their weight... well, they have to go. Simple.

I also don't understand people who are surprised about the "having an in" thing. Connections are worth far more than they have any right to be in... well, any industry really. The gaming industry is, quite sadly, very far from being an exception. Very far.

Archer

Reply #693 on: December 12, 2013, 03:34:54 AM
also,

That didn't take long

Not sure how anyone could watch past him praising the Ouya and Anita Sarkeesian.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #694 on: December 12, 2013, 03:37:11 AM
Not sure how anyone could watch past him praising the Ouya and Anita Sarkeesian.
I think he was being sarcastic there.

Archer

Reply #695 on: December 12, 2013, 03:42:56 AM
I think he was being sarcastic there.

Even so it's completely unnecessary. Considering how long the video is I bet he takes forever to get to the point.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #696 on: December 12, 2013, 04:46:11 AM
why dont you watch it and find out?

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #697 on: December 12, 2013, 04:56:48 AM
Even so it's completely unnecessary. Considering how long the video is I bet he takes forever to get to the point.
It's better than reading through the entire flame war since he's pretty concise about it, plus he isn't too off the wall like some other people have been acting.  I still think people should calm the [tornado fang] down and chill out.

Archer

Reply #698 on: December 12, 2013, 06:29:01 AM
why dont you watch it and find out?

why don't you stop overreacting to nothing

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #699 on: December 12, 2013, 11:58:15 AM
It's better than reading through the entire flame war since he's pretty concise about it, plus he isn't too off the wall like some other people have been acting.  I still think people should calm the [tornado fang] down and chill out.
Except the part where he calls anyone who doesn't see a huge problem here retards. That's a good way to make an argument, right? (Not aimed at you Sakura, just in general)