<damn looks sooo cute!

They're almost at $2M!  >0<

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #301 on: September 11, 2013, 12:49:46 AM
I get my paycheck next week and my dad is going to give me some extra money as well when I get the paycheck so I'll donate some of it Mighty No. 9. I am really interest in this project and I want a new "Mega Man" for a long time now and this is perfect! Even if it's (not) Mega Man, I will support this series! ^_^

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline Adelaide

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #302 on: September 11, 2013, 04:18:06 AM
Yo. *waves* It must mean something special if Keiji Inafune can summon even me back from the grave. Giving me the willingness to make a new account. (heh, lost my password and old email, I dunno if I'ma be staying, but I'll see what I can do about getting that back. Vixy-tan tends to be benevolent and probably will change my email or something)

So yeah. Dunno who remembers all that mess, but I think I need to eat me some crow after Inafking's latest endeavor. I'm wholeheartedly willing to admit that.

So add me to the plethora of zombie RPMers coming by to marvel at the power of Mighty No. 9!

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
    • N-Mario's Gaming Universe
Reply #303 on: September 11, 2013, 05:55:31 AM
Just curiosity, did we ever get the names of the new metool like enemies wearing traffic cones?

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #304 on: September 11, 2013, 07:08:34 AM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcELJq57Zyk&noredirect=1[/youtube]

Thought this was pretty neat!

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #305 on: September 11, 2013, 07:01:02 PM
200K GET

REPEAT, 2 MILLION PASSED

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #306 on: September 11, 2013, 07:07:12 PM
Still 20 days left!

We can do it!  8D

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #307 on: September 11, 2013, 08:07:32 PM
200K GET

REPEAT, 2 MILLION PASSED

200k is 200,000

You want 2m or 2000k

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #308 on: September 11, 2013, 09:46:59 PM
Perhaps I do.

Whoops.

Also, how does this make you feel, RPM?

http://gaminrealm.com/2013/09/10/capcom-152-mil-bank/

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #309 on: September 11, 2013, 10:03:01 PM
It's pitiful, honestly with that little money in the bank they may as well just sell the entire company.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #310 on: September 11, 2013, 10:28:37 PM
Stubborn to the end. All the DLC in the world won't save them when the answer is staring them in the face.

Seriously, do something with Mega Man. That will help them. Instead they seem adamant to do anything and everything BUT that and in so doing are basically ensuring their demise.

Stubborn idiocy.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
Reply #311 on: September 11, 2013, 10:30:31 PM
They might as well sell MegaMan back to Keiji Inafune so he can have all the rights to his own character again, and finally make the fans even happier.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #312 on: September 11, 2013, 11:25:52 PM
They might as well sell MegaMan back to Keiji Inafune so he can have all the rights to his own character again, and finally make the fans even happier.

Especially when he does a Beck & Call Rock & Roll team up game!

Offline Soultrigger

• Resistance Member
  • Weapon Get!
    • View Profile
Reply #313 on: September 12, 2013, 12:10:35 AM

Considering Inafune is doing a Kickstarter for Mighty No 9, I doubt he has the money to buy Mega Man from Capcom. Capcom would literally have to give Inafune the rights for Mega Man, either temporarily or permanently but with no strings attached. Otherwise, I doubt Inafune would go back on Mega Man if he lacks the creative control.

Capcom doing so poorly isn't just a result of "abandoning" Mega Man, though that is one of the contributing factors. I like to think of this situation much like a lifestyle disease, in that it was something that developed over time. Stuff like:
- too much outsourcing (DmC, Lost Planet 3, Strider)
- losing touch with what consumers want
- getting the wrong idea about globalizing (read: trying to appeal to the CoD userbase)
- shelving IPs that weren't immediate breakout successes, and whoring out the ones that were (Mega Man, Street Fighter, RE, Monster Hunter)
- cutting corners, shafting the consumer (MvC3 vs UMvC3 release date)
- extremely bad DLC policies (SFxT), Note: not all DLC is bad, specifically post-development DLC, NOT "disc-locked content"

I get that Capcom is a for-profit organization, and people need those paychecks to sustain a living. But when their following first priority is to nickel and dime their consumers rather than producing creative (and functioning) games, it's kind of obvious where those misdirected goals will lead them. It's also not really surprising why many of their prominent artists like Shinji Mikami, Hideki Kamiya, and Inafune broke off from Capcom so that they can do their own thing.

Also, it doesn't help that the Japanese game industry works on lifelong employments while giving little recognition for success. This makes for a creatively bankrupt company like Capcom pretty much actively dissuading people from working hard, because doing so is at their own expense.

Bad Box Art Snake Man Joins the Battle!

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #314 on: September 12, 2013, 01:17:31 AM
Also, how does this make you feel, RPM?

I'm not surprised, but this makes me worry for the Archie comic and what will happen when Capcom eventually goes under. Someone persuade SEGA or Nintendo to buy the rights ASAP.

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
Reply #315 on: September 12, 2013, 02:23:47 AM
Whatever happened to the 90's where Capcom was actually "Good" at something? It's like they were a really awesome company back then. But now it's like "Meh, screw you Capcom"... :(

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #316 on: September 12, 2013, 02:39:52 AM
I'm really surprised at that number. I thought Monster Hunter was a money printer? I guess people are holding out for MH4.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #317 on: September 12, 2013, 04:30:10 AM
I'm not surprised, but this makes me worry for the Archie comic and what will happen when Capcom eventually goes under. Someone persuade SEGA or Nintendo to buy the rights ASAP.
i'd rather Comcept got Mega Man.

Ninty can get Monster Hunter. Seems up their alley.
Whatever happened to the 90's where Capcom was actually "Good" at something? It's like they were a really awesome company back then. But now it's like "Meh, screw you Capcom"... :(
late 90's early 2000's Capcom was their peak. After that it started going downhill.

Archer

Reply #318 on: September 12, 2013, 04:36:30 AM
- too much outsourcing (DmC, Lost Planet 3, Strider)
- getting the wrong idea about globalizing (read: trying to appeal to the CoD userbase)

I believe it was Inafune himself who was behind some of these.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #319 on: September 12, 2013, 06:41:58 AM
He said that DmC needed a reboot. he's not responsible for who did the rebooting

Offline Soultrigger

• Resistance Member
  • Weapon Get!
    • View Profile
Reply #320 on: September 12, 2013, 09:35:44 AM
I believe it was Inafune himself who was behind some of these.

Yea, I acknowledge Inafune is responsible for a lot of the failed westernization attempts from Capcom. But at the very least, I respect someone like Inafune who tries to reach out to a global appeal rather than focusing solely on the domestic market like Namco Bandai does.

The interview from years back is an interesting read, it sheds a lot of insight into both the Japanese game industry and Capcom itself. And while Inafune is to blame for some of Capcom's shortcomings, he's had his fair share of misunderstandings:

4G: People have tended to interpret that as you abandoning Japan in favor of making titles for the global market.

KI: That's not true. (laughs) As long as I'm Japanese, the games I make will all be Japanese games. So when they sell globally, that's helping to save the Japanese game industry. It's not a matter of selling games in Japan for Japan or selling games in America for America. Dead Rising is a Japanese game made in Canada. It's not a western game.

This quote is interesting:

KI: No. Not a single member of the board of directors understands games. I didn't ask to be a board member, but if you don't have someone who understands games in the position of making those final decisions, there winds up being a business-side that doesn't understand games and development-side that wants to make games. I feel that's the biggest problem Capcom will be facing.

======================

Anywho, I thought it'd be interesting to speculate about the remaining Mighty No.s

<-click for source

Original 6:
#3 [Purple Silhouette]: Lightning, uses Raijin Drums, most likely the sole female not-Call Mighty No. based on the bowling-pin figure. Seems like a combination of Hellbat Schilt and Cubit Foxtar from Zero 3.
#4 [Yellow Silhouette]: Stoneman.EXE vibes

1.2mil stretch goal bosses:
#7 [Red Silhouette]: Most likely "Not Cutman", splits the scissor into two daggers.
#8 [Purple Silhouette]: Uhh, Wild West Clint Eastwood? Perhaps the closest to Blues?

Bad Box Art Snake Man Joins the Battle!

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
Reply #321 on: September 13, 2013, 04:43:56 AM
Beck's sprite looks "awkward". Though his select portrait is awesome. Though I prefer to imagine an 8-bit Beck looking more like Mega Man's sprite TBH.

- No.2 (the blue robot thing) always reminded me of Sonic's Chaos, but more robotic.

The other robots looks nice though. :)

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #322 on: September 13, 2013, 05:07:41 AM
No. 8 kinda reminds me of Rapid Man from Rockmen R: Dr. Wily's Counterattack who also had a Wild West comboy motif.

Offline SoloUnit315

• Net Navi
  • M-308 Gun Master
    • View Profile
Reply #323 on: September 14, 2013, 02:57:42 AM
I'm... Actually excited about this. I dumped an extra $200 I hadn't used out of last month's recreation budget. Looks like money well invested.

Not a tear will be shed for Capcom on my end though. DIECAPCOMJUSTDIE!

Sometimes being the bigger man means holding the bigger weapon!

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #324 on: September 14, 2013, 06:39:41 PM
Alright I contributed $99 to the fundraiser. Hopefully, we'll reach the other stretch goals as well... I'm looking forward to a Wii U version for Mighty No. 9 I need more Wii U games.

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3