Super "What Are You Thinking?" ReBirth

Mr. Haxwell · 1060078

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #19425 on: May 10, 2014, 12:47:32 AM
They actually asked my Mom to stay on past her retirement date to help out part time and train people. Keep in mind, she told them at the beginning of the year she was retiring in April. That's 3 months notice, and they still waited till the last minute.

She said no.
Yeah I don't blame her not that it would help since 3 months would probably not be enough depending on where she was working.

According to my class it's hard for an organization to do training right for multiple reasons, sometimes they don't have the money to do so, they start too late in succession training (supposedly it's ideal to start 5-10 years before someone retires) and even if they do good succession training it can lead to organizational inbreeding, and not to mention random changes in the organization itself among other things.   It's ridiculously complex and hard to pull off but you have to adapt somehow someway.

It's not a strict formula mind you so being flexible is important.  At least that's what I learned so far, I definitely have much more to learn.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #19426 on: May 10, 2014, 12:52:02 AM
With her case, it was a simple matter of waiting till the last minute. That was the primary reason she said no. They had months to have her train someone and they waited 2 weeks before she left.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #19427 on: May 10, 2014, 12:58:02 AM
My dad decided that regular salaries were for dorks, so now he does freelance for multiple publications at once just to keep his head above water.

And I heard a ruckus in my room and found that Mabel had climbed into a bag.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #19428 on: May 10, 2014, 01:04:37 AM
With her case, it was a simple matter of waiting till the last minute. That was the primary reason she said no. They had months to have her train someone and they waited 2 weeks before she left.
Yeah 2 weeks would definitely not be enough, and again even 3 months might not have been enough either if they did ask her then depending on how complex her job was.  I don't know how "sudden" her retirement was in her organization, but a big thing with HR is you have be able predict turnover rates and plan for them accordingly.

It's going to be the same problem with my mom's company too, her boss loves her a lot and hates the idea of her retiring so she's been trying to train a replacement.  The problem is that said replacement also works in another department so it's hard to dedicate some training for her specifically, and even then she would only be able to do the Quality Assurance Management job my mom does.  She's also in charge of Production and for the past few years she's been making programs too, along with the fact that she does pay roll which I honestly have no idea how it works compared to the others.

I know that they need to outsource for a Programmer so my mom can train them to maintain and add on to the programs she's making, and her company excels in outside source recruiting, though I honestly don't know what they would do for Production Management since that's not something I'm familiar with compared to Quality Assurance management.

It's honestly interesting to think about even though I still have a lot to learn as I said.

My dad decided that regular salaries were for dorks, so now he does freelance for multiple publications at once just to keep his head above water.

And I heard a ruckus in my room and found that Mabel had climbed into a bag.
Was he not happy with his job, or was this your dad being your dad?

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #19429 on: May 10, 2014, 01:10:54 AM
This is my dad being my dad.  He doesn't want to work in an actual office, or be a beat reporter like he was when he was with the Gettysburg Times.  Freelancing offers more freedom in assignments and a lot more leeway in how he writes his articles.

Unfortunately, it's freelance.  It's not regular employment, so in order to make a living out of it, you have to work multiple jobs. 

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #19430 on: May 10, 2014, 01:12:07 AM
This is my dad being my dad.  He doesn't want to work in an actual office, or be a beat reporter like he was when he was with the Gettysburg Times.  Freelancing offers more freedom in assignments and a lot more leeway in how he writes his articles.

Unfortunately, it's freelance.  It's not regular employment, so in order to make a living out of it, you have to work multiple jobs.
That's sort of understandable I guess, in both respects I mean.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #19431 on: May 10, 2014, 01:15:15 AM
He's with Reuters now, so he gets paid pretty well.  But, again, he's usually doing multiple assignments for them, the Philadelphia Examiner, a magazine in Maryland, and the Dillsburg Banner.  He spends all day everyday writing articles and conducting phone interviews.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #19432 on: May 10, 2014, 01:15:53 AM
He's with Reuters now, so he gets paid pretty well.  But, again, he's usually doing multiple assignments for them, the Philadelphia Examiner, a magazine in Maryland, and the Dillsburg Banner.  He spends all day everyday writing articles and conducting phone interviews.
Sounds interesting.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #19433 on: May 10, 2014, 01:19:43 AM
Considering that it means he goes to local conventions and I can go along and get in for free with his press pass, it's a pretty sweet deal. 8D

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #19434 on: May 10, 2014, 01:21:06 AM
Considering that it means he goes to local conventions and I can go along and get in for free with his press pass, it's a pretty sweet deal. 8D
That sound pretty cool actually.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #19435 on: May 10, 2014, 01:26:06 AM
Finally turned in that 8-page project that's been giving me trouble. Time to go home and study for finals.
By study for finals I mean stay up all night on Steam.
by stay up all night on Steam I mean finish those signature requests I've been procrastinating on.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #19436 on: May 10, 2014, 01:30:10 AM
Hah!

I'll be strapping myself to my drafting table and working on a commission tonight, that I've been procrastinating on.

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
Reply #19437 on: May 10, 2014, 02:43:14 PM
This sucks! >_<

I can't find any art on the mad doctor's Meowly form anywhere. Someone please help provide some proof of his existance.

Fear me.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #19438 on: May 10, 2014, 04:48:07 PM
This sucks! >_<

I can't find any art on the mad doctor's Meowly form anywhere. Someone please help provide some proof of his existance.
I don't think anyone has drawn Meowly before so you would probably have to start from scratch.

Also I wish I had an iPod touch, but god dammit it's not worth $300.

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
Reply #19439 on: May 10, 2014, 04:55:02 PM
Darn! I thought for sure I saw someone made a sketchy drawing of him some time ago. I guess it's lost for good now. Might as well look for his cat and start from there.

Fear me.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #19440 on: May 10, 2014, 06:41:32 PM
Also I wish I had an iPod touch, but god dammit it's not worth $300.

Heh, it was for me. Need the 64GB and don't feel like draining my phone's battery.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #19441 on: May 10, 2014, 06:52:06 PM
Heh, it was for me. Need the 64GB and don't feel like draining my phone's battery.
That's why I want to get one, I mean I do need more than 16 GB so I think a 32 GB would be enough, but really it's not worth it to me yet.  Hopefully when the iPhone 6 comes out it'll be cheaper and maybe I could even get a 64 GB if the price is right.  I'm just saying that a MP3 Player should not be worth more than a game console, even if it can text.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #19442 on: May 10, 2014, 07:13:46 PM
It does more than the average MP3 player, which is why they charge so much for it. You're right in that, if you're only going to use the MP3 function of it, it's probably not worth the money. I needed the 64GB's though. XD

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #19443 on: May 10, 2014, 07:38:30 PM
It does more than the average MP3 player, which is why they charge so much for it. You're right in that, if you're only going to use the MP3 function of it, it's probably not worth the money. I needed the 64GB's though. XD
Yeah and I need more than 16 GB and honestly I don't see any other MP3s that have at least 32 GB.  iPod has the monopoly on a disappearing market pretty much.

EDIT: Then I forgot about the Zune and those are more expensive.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #19444 on: May 10, 2014, 07:44:24 PM
They still make Zune's?  8D

And yeah, iPod's have the market because most people just use their phones now.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #19445 on: May 10, 2014, 07:46:31 PM
They still make Zune's?  8D

And yeah, iPod's have the market because most people just use their phones now.
Yes they still make Zunes, and your right about that.

EDIT: Correction they don't make Zunes anymore, but there are still Zunes you can by new or from people......

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #19446 on: May 10, 2014, 07:55:20 PM
Yes they still make Zunes, and your right about that.

What? I thought the Zune was discontinued.
I still have mine, don't use it anymore since I got my phone but it was a fine piece of tech.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #19447 on: May 10, 2014, 07:56:45 PM
What? I thought the Zune was discontinued.
I still have mine, don't use it anymore since I got my phone but it was a fine piece of tech.
Yeah I was confused, Zune's are being sold, but otherwise they are discontinued.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #19448 on: May 11, 2014, 06:39:29 AM
So I played a match of Persona 4 Arena online just a moment ago.

...I was quickly reminded of why I don't play games online, or fighting games with other people in general.

Archer

Reply #19449 on: May 11, 2014, 12:41:32 PM
I am so bored right now.