The Final Fantasy Thread ~ For all your Chocobo Needs!

VirusChris · 29199

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #200 on: January 10, 2016, 08:44:29 PM
I've only ever played KH1 and 2.

That's why.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #201 on: February 12, 2016, 06:51:37 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTDwHFPYIFc

Doubt anyone here plays FF14 but I'm a big fan of the game so this is pretty big for me. 23rd Patch 3.2 of Heavensward Drops.

MY BODY IS READY

1- New Primal Fight: Waring Triad from FF6 were introduced at the end of Heavensward, we fight our first one this patch-complete with remix of Atma Weapon theme. New Primal Battle looks amazing-they really recreated the old FF6 sprites well.

2 - The Feast: PVP stuff-new arena looks neat-personal limit breaks; might give PvP a try now.

3 - Hall of the Novice: Mostly for new players-will help them learn how to dodge AoEs and how team play works-great idea makes early dungeons more fun to play and less us trying to teach new players.  8D

4 - Stone, Sky, Sea : Will allow players to fight a training dummy and test if they have the DPS output for late game content like level 60 dungeons, Extreme Primals and Raids. Pretty handy really.

5 -Orchestrion : New furniture for houses and Free Company Mansions, allows players to change the BGM of the house-new CDs can be found from dungeons as drops as well as Primals apparently?

6 - New Beast Tribe quests, new dailies missions and special items to get from them. New Mount as always.

7 - Anti-Castle: new story dungeon-looks bloody amazing, design is gorgeous and thoes dolls look kinda familiar.  O^O

8 - Lost City of Ampador (Hard Mode) : Optional dungeon I imagine-seems your exploring more of the city than last time, again love the design of the place.

9 - New Inspector Hildabrant quests, most excited for these they are freaking halrious. Plus the last ones had Gilgamesh(Greg)/Enkidu and Ultros/Typhoon in them : >

10 - Lots of new recipes for armors and weapons plus new glamors and hairstyles.

11 - Alexander Midas: Next chapter of the Alexander Primal Raid story, looks way more varied than 3.05' Alexander was, and hey theres a city inside of Alexander---and we fight Voltron?  8D

12 - Oh an new story quests obviously-I hear this will be the end of the heavensward arc from the expansion for the time being with every patch after covering the other story threads (Nidhog, the Empire, the Ascians ect..) up until the next Expansion.

One thing they didn't mention was the new Primal themed gear that can be obtained from gathering the new tome stones (dropped at the end of level 60 content), it will be replacing Esoteric Gear for the weekly Tome grind (normally you can only get 420 a week) with Eso gear and tomes being down graded to the normal tomes you get from level 60 stuff.

Kinda sad they didn't announce glamors for Arcanist/Summoner/Scholar Egis but oh well.

Anyone else play FF14 besides me here?  8D

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #202 on: March 31, 2016, 06:48:31 AM
http://kotaku.com/final-fantasy-xv-gets-a-five-episode-anime-prequel-1768142109

So Final Fantasy 15 is getting a 5 episode prequel called Brotherhood Final Fantasy 15 and will be shown on Youtube with the first episode already out.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #203 on: April 01, 2016, 04:09:40 AM
[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4KqgmmzZPY[/yt]

There's also a demo on PS4.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #204 on: April 01, 2016, 04:11:21 AM
Hey how many years has it taken to get to this point? I kinda feels like 15 years.  8D

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #205 on: April 01, 2016, 04:17:13 AM
[spoiler]Oh my god that jet car is the best thing ever![/spoiler]

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Musashi the Master

• Cyberelf
  • RPM Member
    • View Profile
Reply #207 on: August 21, 2016, 06:50:25 PM
Well, Final Fantasy XV has been delayed to November 29, 2016 which is a good thing since it'll give SE the time they need to polish the game up and fix some bugs that could potentially harm the game.

Also, FFXV wins Gamescom's Best RPG Award on this year's Gamescom. I guess the latest mainline Final Fantasy is getting some positive feedback at Gamescom.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #208 on: August 21, 2016, 07:14:47 PM
Yeah apparently there was gonna be a Day 1 patch but they still felt it wasn't polished enough so they're pushing it back to incorporate the patch into the game while adding a few more things.

Which is nice. They cited how not everyone who plays FF15 will have internet access and how they didn't want to alienate those players by requiring a downloadable patch to play the game.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything