Acid · 221146

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #1200 on: April 14, 2017, 10:51:04 PM
[youtube]Z7OUOQjz_pM[/youtube]

New Nintendo Direct on Sonic Forces. Classic Sonic is looking good as always, though he's an "Alternate Sonic" summoned by EGGMAn? What? Also they teased the third playable character as well. It's Bubsy!

Nah just kidding, though people are commenting on it. Some have even speculated with the tagline being "Join the Resistance" some people think it's a Create-a-Character system meaning it's the Player with their own Customizable Avatar.

I doubt it, but that would be freakin' cool if that was the case. What do you guys make of it?

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1201 on: April 15, 2017, 12:26:32 AM
Hadn't considered that we might get Create-a-Mobian, but that'd be a good way to shake things up. (Though I dread the inevitable whining/mean-spirited 'jokes' about OCs if it turns out to be true)

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1202 on: April 15, 2017, 12:28:39 AM
Classic Sonic is looking good as always, though he's an "Alternate Sonic" summoned by EGGMAn? What?

At this point I just can't give a [parasitic bomb] about the Sonic story. I'm just glad classic Sonic is in it, so like Generations, this may actually be fun to play. If it doesn't have that, then I'm just out anyway.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1203 on: April 15, 2017, 01:13:03 AM
Sonic Battle had the last good story.

Very ironic, considering it's a fighting game.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #1204 on: April 15, 2017, 01:53:42 AM
Sonic Lost World does come close in terms of making Sonic's flaws work against him, but I wouldn't say it has a good plot, just good Sonic characterization in terms of Sonic.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #1205 on: April 17, 2017, 05:22:40 AM
At this point I just can't give a [parasitic bomb] about the Sonic story. I'm just glad classic Sonic is in it, so like Generations, this may actually be fun to play. If it doesn't have that, then I'm just out anyway.
I'm hoping that they figured out that as long as Classic Sonic is in the game, there is NO REASON WHATSOEVER to have the Modern Sonic levels jump into side-scrolling segments constantly.

On the other hand, what Modern Sonic gameplay we've seen looks like pretty generic corridor stuff.  We'll see, I guess.  But I'm still more excited for Mania.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1206 on: May 16, 2017, 09:46:35 PM
Oh my god it is...
[youtube]agdMEF8o4QQ[/youtube]

And you use gadgets to fight... honestly I was thinking of the new character using gadgets to fight, not like Tails and Eggman with their mechs.

What are your guys' thoughts on this?

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1207 on: May 16, 2017, 10:26:44 PM
I like it! Seems like it'll be fun to mess around with.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1208 on: May 17, 2017, 02:32:45 AM
I know, right? I'm looking forward to it... it's going to be a neat feature! Just wish some "fans" stop complaining.

I got more information about the Custom Hero and there's 7 types of animals you can be with their own abilities:

The seven character types each come with their own special ability, which are:

• Bear — Blows away enemies with a homing attack
  • Bird — Flies high with double jump abilities
  • Cat — Keeps one ring after being hit
  • Dog — Restarts with five rings after the player dies
  • Hedgehog — Collects rings when getting damaged
  • Rabbit — Has longer invincible time after receiving damage
  • Wolf — Automatically draws in rings when near them

"Beyond choosing one of these seven types, players can customize the look of their character, including outfitting them with hundreds of accessories and costuming options unlocked while playing through the game. Each customized Hero will have a grappling hook as a means of platforming, and the characters can be customized further via Wispons, which are a new take on the Color Powers from Sonic Colors. The Wispons are unique gadgets that can be used both as weapons and for traversing through levels.

The character creation feature is a first for the franchise, as the player-designed Hero will be featured in cutscenes and be "a crucial element in helping Sonic reclaim the world from Eggman’s domination."

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/05/16/sonic-forces-character-creation-feature-mode-announced

So the energy of the wisps power up the gadgets the Custom Hero uses, which are called Wispons, and is the evolution of Wisp powers. Kinda cool.

Sadly no Echidna (guess they want to keep the status quo of Knuckles being the last of his kind... if ONLY a certain someone didn't sue SEGA and Bioware on Sonic Chronicles with the other Echidna we might've gotten this option from the Brotherhood group) and no Foxes or Crocodiles, or Chameleons, or other more animal types yet. Might be DLC or if they do a sequel to this more options.

It's interesting... normally I got with a Hedgehog option, but I might go with the Wolf option. Seems interesting enough... or maybe a HUMAN option? Name him Thorndyke and watch the community explode, maybe? Hahaha... just kidding, but I do like Chris from Sonic X (a shame he wasn't more like his Japanese counterpart as he was more... mature I hear).

Also some pictures of the Custom Hero:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

And a gameplay video of the Custom Hero
[youtube]zbLiTgyjTwE[/youtube]

So far I'm getting both Sonic Mania AND Sonic Forces for the Switch. I always enjoy playing Sonic games... including Sonic 06 (except Sonic Boom... I did not care for it). To me the important part is are the games fun and they are... and Sonic is fast still. Still prefer the Adventure style gameplay, I thought that was perfect.

Anyone else excited for Sonic Forces?

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1209 on: May 17, 2017, 05:01:07 AM
No

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #1210 on: May 18, 2017, 03:15:56 AM
I'm quite excited for this, honestly. The different animal types having their own abilities is nice. Probably gonna go with Cat because cat.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #1211 on: May 21, 2017, 07:10:01 AM
Well, it's something different, and that's a plus.  But I see no conceivable reason Tails could not be a gadget character; I never really bought him as a walker-mech pilot.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1212 on: May 22, 2017, 11:07:34 AM
Who knows? Perhaps Tails is your Custom Hero's Mentor with Tails giving you missions and him leading the Resistance Group against Eggman? Too busy in this game to go on missions by himself like past titles?

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #1213 on: May 22, 2017, 11:49:22 PM
What is that music? Its quite nice. Reminds me of Sonic CD or the OVA.

Anyway, if I can i'll totally just make Honey the Cat or Bark the Polar Bear, then its *kinda* not an OC!

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1214 on: May 23, 2017, 03:43:17 AM
That's an insult to CD's god-tier OST

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1215 on: May 23, 2017, 08:03:53 PM
Sega basically just made everyone's OC canon.

the absolute madmen

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1216 on: June 04, 2017, 09:48:53 AM
Surprised no one posted this yet.

[youtube]wvD8NZN9Zsg[/youtube]

Honestly this trailer... :'(... best Sonic the Hedgehog trailer I've seen in a long time and the music was perfect. I REALLY want a Sonic cartoon in the old Sonic CD style. I'm amazed the animation was done by one guy apparently.

So getting this for the Switch!

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #1217 on: June 08, 2017, 06:02:01 AM
I love how the elevator buttons go 1-2-3-K-M, so they are effectively telling their target audience to ignore STH4 in the hopes that they got it right this time.  XD

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1218 on: June 08, 2017, 07:40:07 AM
Also Sonic CD is you think about it. XD
Aside one of the stages being the Past Stage of Stardust Speedway.

Anyway here's a preview of the Custom Hero's first stage music:
[youtube]7PV1MVNgOcc[/youtube]

I miss listening to vocals in Sonic games for a stage and it sounds so awesome!

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1219 on: June 08, 2017, 06:55:13 PM
[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TX2I3iUORQ[/yt]

Yesssssssssssssssssss

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1220 on: June 13, 2017, 07:03:06 AM
Seriously... SCREW "Sonic Fans" (especially on the GameFAQs boards). Sonic Forces is lit as heck and the Avatar gameplay is amazing! I'm going to love this game!

[youtube]wj5Nq_L-RFM[/youtube]

I LOVE the cinematic approach to the end of the fight there. Makes the Player/Avatar feel like a total bad-ace there.

This is going to be a great Sonic game! I usually love of their games, except Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyrics.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1221 on: June 13, 2017, 12:07:30 PM
Aw snap, I wanna be just as hip and fresh-to-death as you, Chris

You can bet your bottom region Sonic Forces is lit as heck

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1222 on: June 13, 2017, 08:35:06 PM
New Gameplay video of all three characters without the background voices who played the game:

[youtube]fyTzm8WgtlE[/youtube]

Looks amazing so far and I love the fact that the Avatar gets vocal soundtrack for their stages.

Also the new E3 trailer:

[youtube]9tDMLXn99P4[/youtube]

What?

...What!

....... WHAT?!

Hold on a sec here... Shadow is finally shown and we get Metal Sonic returning too! On top of Zavok the Zeti and CHAOS is coming back as well?! And that new villain the end... who looks like a fusion between a Bat, Wolf, and I guess Hedgehog-like wearing a mask and has supernatural red cubes of death?

Wow... this game's story just went from 100 to 200 REAL insane-like! I'm loving it! Holy cow I think the new villain will be the Custom Hero's own Arch-Nemesis like Eggman is to Sonic which would be cool. (And there's a rumor of the Custom Hero having a voice? We'll see.)

Eggman's not fooling around, this time he has his own league of villains. However WHY is Shadow and Chaos evil again? Could it have to do with the new villain seeing as Sonic was looking for him?

EDIT: Official PR Team states that Shadow " Fights for his own reasons" and that Chaos "is a mystery" also the new bad guy's name is confirmed to be "Infinity" which explains the infinite sign at the end.

I need a link to this if this is true. I just read it that someone posted, but I need to confirm this.

Twitter Artwork:
https://twitter.com/tssznews/status/874677640963207168

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1223 on: June 17, 2017, 05:22:26 AM
Sonic Forces looks kind of like ass if you ask me. gameplay will be generic Sonic generations style, but while tapping into Sonic fandom autism for the third character is genius, I'm not feeling what ive seen so far. not to mention theyve brought back the worst part of older sonic games- all the characters talking at you all the time.

ehh. Honestly, while Forces may be the big 3D game, we all know Mania is the real "main" Sonic game here. Or at least, it's quickly becoming so. I've heard Sega is interested in potentially making physical copies of mania. and I hope they do. if anythign deserves a physical copy, that game does.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1224 on: June 17, 2017, 08:51:03 AM
I wonder what your reaction would be if Sonic Forces happens to be the more popular Sonic game between it and Mania and Forces sold more copies. 8D

Well either way I'm getting both games. I love Sonic.