The "What are you currently playing?" Thread

Saber · 728755

Offline Cherrykorock

• Dr Light's other creation
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Zero can divide by Zero.
    • View Profile
Reply #4275 on: April 22, 2014, 03:20:14 AM
Oooo... Wasn't expecting to see this here. Was it hard?
not at first. But the difficulty curves up pretty quickly and then to a pretty hard level sometimes. But that's mostly the wall climbing sections which thankfully there aren't too many of.I mean it's not difficult in and of itself but the mechanic for it feels a little floaty and awkward at times. Also I didn't like the fact that you had to press up or down to do the roll move which is necessary for like the second half of the game to get anywhere.the biggest difficulty factor I found was if you don't level up enough your stats suck and then the game is really rough. I put most of mine and attack and really didn't help that much so I ended up starting a new game and putting most of it on defense an that made the game a lot more playable. despite all that that I have just said I didn't find a game to be overly difficult and it never really felt like cheap or artificial difficulty. It was mostly a legitimate challenge and even though the game is very short I felt completely satisfied when I finally beat it. :-)

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #4276 on: April 22, 2014, 03:23:02 AM
Ah, the wall climbing... I sorta remember that. I guess I should try finding the full game then. 8D

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #4277 on: April 22, 2014, 06:03:43 AM
I assure you, I am quite heterosexual.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #4278 on: April 22, 2014, 07:25:06 AM
Don't give me that look, Cosmo!

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #4279 on: April 22, 2014, 09:36:13 AM
Back to Danganronpa.

Might as well finish this since the second game is coming to the US in the fall.

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4280 on: April 22, 2014, 12:00:16 PM
Still on Bravely Default;  It's probably just me but this game really rewards those who just take their sweet time...i'm at lv.55 on chapter 3 without even trying, but man the boss battles are bloody fun! :D.  Even the game gives you so much tools to grind without any bit of an annoyance.  It's freaking convenient.

Witcher 1, it's awesome, and Geralt of Rivia is one hell of a heroic [classy lady].  I reccomend it!!!
one of the many collectible sex cards.  GOTTA CATCH'EM ALL!!!
(I also reccomend watching the Dryad sex card video too on the results, that one is hilarious)
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze: Hard Mode, game is awesome.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #4281 on: April 23, 2014, 12:25:30 AM
Did Metroid last week (original, Super, Zero Mission, and Other M).

More recently, been rotating between various Mario sport/kart titles in celebration of Daisy turning 25 yesterday.

I assure you, I am quite heterosexual.
The, um, OTHER technicalities of that response aside, your profile states that you are androgynous.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #4282 on: April 23, 2014, 06:39:16 AM
I should have started with Super Metroid; it's really hard to go into it after playing Fusion and Zero Mission; the little changes to the game play really make a difference.

Um well... to be honest, it's among the easiest games in the series~
And this sucky playthrough was way back in 2009, so yea... > u <

I can more easily reach a 100% time under 1h30min now, or even less. ~w~

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4283 on: April 23, 2014, 02:23:35 PM
Um well... to be honest, it's among the easiest games in the series~
And this sucky playthrough was way back in 2009, so yea... > u <

I can more easily reach a 100% time under 1h30min now, or even less. ~w~

Well you are better at the game than I am!  XD
*checks letsplay*

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #4284 on: April 23, 2014, 02:41:41 PM
Finished Danganronpa.

That last trial was [tornado fang]ing LONG, seriously it took me like five hours and that's with occasional guide checking and not having to restart.

But now I have school mode to do so yay.

Offline Cherrykorock

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #4285 on: April 23, 2014, 09:55:10 PM
so, I was playing Halo Reach at a friends house the other night and as always he got frustrated with the match and decided to take it out on me by betraying me again. However this time he decided to completely ruin my life. I had finally obtained one of the alien tanks so he decides he really needs to destroy it with a rocket launcher. He does so and kills me a blowing up the tank. Upon respawning one of the pieces that was still in the air hits me and kills me again. [tornado fang] my life lol.

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #4286 on: April 26, 2014, 09:59:09 PM
Trying to play Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. Likely going to skip ahead to the sequels because [tornado fang] this combat and the endless stunlocking. Great way to completely destroy my interest in what looks like a pretty good game otherwise.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #4287 on: April 26, 2014, 10:02:52 PM
Trying to play Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. Likely going to skip ahead to the sequels because [tornado fang] this combat and the endless stunlocking. Great way to completely destroy my interest in what looks like a pretty good game otherwise.

Skip Warrior Within, it's the worst of the lot. Just trying to save you some time.

Although if you're playing a Ubisoft game expecting good combat... good luck with that.

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #4288 on: April 26, 2014, 10:34:46 PM
I just wanna climb some things with okay-ish controls. At least in AC you could just spam counter or that killstreak thing and win forever.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #4289 on: April 27, 2014, 04:20:44 AM
NES Remix 2.

Championship mode is annoying, since its based off the NWC scoring system and Dr. Mario's scoring is different from Tetris, because 4 in a row with no viruses doesn't give points and the game feels it needs to toss tons of worthless garbage my way instead of things I could actually use or things that I need.

Thanks for that third Red Pill in a row, Mario! Too bad there's no [tornado fang]ing Red viruses left!

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #4290 on: April 27, 2014, 05:38:21 AM
Beat Crimson Shroud. Though apparently, beating it once doesn't give you the true ending. You have to play New Game+ for the true ending (at least I assume it's the true ending, because one person claimed that you get the real ending once you play NG+)

The game was really fun despite the easy final boss. But I don't really feel like doing NG+ at the moment, so I'm resuming The Last of Us, which continues to amaze me with its sexy visuals. Goddamn.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #4291 on: April 27, 2014, 06:28:12 AM
Metroid Prime 2 (Wii/Trilogy version).

Never did beat the game; left off AGES ago just before the Gravity Boost and am finding it very frustrating to navigate a world I barely remember.  Still, I want to beat it legitimately before I go and steal some "unlock everything" save file to compensate for the fact that I have no Friend Credits.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #4292 on: April 27, 2014, 06:32:44 AM
Metroid Prime 2 (Wii/Trilogy version).

Never did beat the game; left off AGES ago just before the Gravity Boost and am finding it very frustrating to navigate a world I barely remember.  Still, I want to beat it legitimately before I go and steal some "unlock everything" save file to compensate for the fact that I have no Friend Credits.

Friend stuff is from MP3 so getting an MP2 file wouldn't make much sense.

Just use cheats. that's how I got that stuff.

Offline Arikado

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #4293 on: April 27, 2014, 08:29:26 AM
Seiken Densetsu 3

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #4294 on: April 27, 2014, 09:13:01 AM
Dark Souls, before transitioning into Dark Souls 2.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #4295 on: April 27, 2014, 09:14:08 AM
Fxeni, if you have the means, I highly recommend you pick up Gundam Extreme VS Full Boost for the PS3 via Amazon or something. You'll love it!

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #4296 on: April 27, 2014, 09:25:42 AM
Most likely, most likely... would have to be the next paycheck though.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #4297 on: April 27, 2014, 09:26:19 AM
I think you'll really dig it!

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4298 on: April 27, 2014, 12:48:41 PM
Beat Crimson Shroud. Though apparently, beating it once doesn't give you the true ending. You have to play New Game+ for the true ending (at least I assume it's the true ending, because one person claimed that you get the real ending once you play NG+)

The game was really fun despite the easy final boss. But I don't really feel like doing NG+ at the moment, so I'm resuming The Last of Us, which continues to amaze me with its sexy visuals. Goddamn.

Yeah, the True Ending is accesible in NG+, although you have to get specific items around...chapter 3 and on, you get access to new areas that'll well...give way to the True Ending.  It's also ALOT harder and you may have to grind a little to upgrade weapons and gear (as well, swap around gear, for them stats against specific enemies) and vice versa.  I definitely reccomend taking your time with it.  Especially on the Witch Kings @_@. (there's a room where you fight 10 of them, thankfully the dragon in the room helps you take some breathers, but it's a LOOONG battle.).

Personally, I prefer the normal ending, as it keeps that 'dark mood' intact.

Offline Cherrykorock

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #4299 on: April 28, 2014, 12:48:20 AM
After finally getting all the game stuff hooked back up yesterday I was testing them all out to make sure they worked right. Found a game for the genesis called Chakan.

I hate that game with so much passion.
When the only thing enjoyable about a game is the sound you make when you die in the game, its a bad game.