Reply #2900 on: April 06, 2012, 06:27:16 PM
Now I'm playing Mari0, like alot of internet folks these days. 8U

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #2901 on: April 07, 2012, 10:58:18 AM
Because of a lack of new games that intrest me currently I'm still playing ToGf for the meantime, grinding for titles for lack of anything better to do.

Offline IQ-0

• Ice Queen Zero
  • Resistance Member
  • Friendship Advisory - Magical Content
    • View Profile
    • 1CC Gaming
Reply #2902 on: April 07, 2012, 11:13:01 AM
Got through with Asura's Wrath. Now playing Crush3D for 3DS

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #2903 on: April 07, 2012, 11:17:02 AM
Crush3D is pretty fun; glad I picked that up.

Also picked up Xenoblade Chronicles; quite fun, that one. :3

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #2904 on: April 07, 2012, 02:03:46 PM
I'm playing Ocarina of Time 3D. It's nice. :D But I can't do megaflips. :(

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #2905 on: April 07, 2012, 04:17:19 PM
Trouble Witches NEO! Episode 1. Finally I got that Achievement that's been bothering me since my Gamerscore skewed off the 5 divisibles (normally I wouldn't obsessive over these thing, but having a 7802 score was starting to annoy me, just like Shiki's issues with a lose button on someone's cothes from The World Ends with You).

Seriously, Studio SiestA, why did you have to butcher this game's story with horrid English dubs (that lots of people at GameFAQs love, I might add), bad translations and abridging the story dialogue altogether? If I wanted Trouble Witches NEO: The Abridged Series, I'd hire the guy making the Fire Emblem fandub. But as it stands, this game, and perhaps the series if stays the same localization direction, will become the horizontal Castle of Shikigami. I know I'm being too bitchy about this, especially given the [(Humorus) Storytelling + SHMUP = Irrelevant] "rule" of gaming, but Studio SiestA actually tried make storylines a big part of the game too with the original PC Trouble Witches, and seeing that they did not handle getting an obscure game going to a mainstream platform with any bit of care, is just sad... -AC

-EDIT-
Crescent Pale Mist (JPN PC ver.). Still hunting down items, but get this item from the final boss is annoying since it keeps cock-blocking me from attack the part of its' body I need to hack off to get it.

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #2906 on: April 08, 2012, 04:01:49 AM
Got around to playing some more Shadow of the Colossus.

For all the aggravation and swearing this game causes me, it still manages to keep me drawn in and I wind up playing for hours on end. Why don't more games manage to do this to me lately? Ah well. Maybe I'm just getting more picky.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2907 on: April 09, 2012, 07:41:19 AM
It's been a long time, but our intrepid band of bounty hunters made some headway in Wizardry 6: Bane of the Cosmic Forge.

After searching some rooms and realizing that the row of locked doors were the same locked doors that Dengar tried to unlock before, the group explored the hallway and found some stairs.  They went into another room, where they found a pile of bones.  Dengar searched the bones and found this around the skeleton's finger:

OLLY ROGE
  J  *   *   *   R
D *     X     *   S
  E *   *    *  G
    CODERRIN

This item, the Jolly Rogers Decoder Ring, was given to Zuckuss.  Zuckuss then used it to read the dead man's log book that he had picked up a while back.  There were numerous entries, and they spoke of a mysterious plague, a buried treasure, and a giant mountain.  The dead man watched as his shipmates died from the plague and had asked the local dwarf miners for help.  Judging by the condition of the corpse, he didn't get much assistance.  As the group explore the dungeon, they face some wyrms and leeches.  Those creatures usually don't cause too much trouble, but one leech managed, somehow, to stretch all the way back through the group and bite Zuckuss.

Bossk: *watches as a leech stretches by his head.*  O.O

Zuckuss: AAAAAH!!

After that battle, the group promptly went down to meet with Queequeg the trader.  Greedo, that smooth talker, told Queequeg about the giant mountain, and he told Greedo the password to the one locked room.  So, with that knowledge, the group go to the room and Bossk says "skeleton crew" when asked.  They are then granted admittance to the room. 

They will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.  They'd best be cautious.

The drunken pirates and other scalliwags look over the motley group; Bossk in his leather and fur, IG-88 bearing his Sword of Striking, Greedo with his cape and tunic pockets full of everything that he stole, Dengar the awkward ranger, 4-LOM and his array of instruments, and Zuckuss the "faerie alchemist".

"We don't take kindly to faeries round dese parts."

A large brute, Captain Matey, challenges Bossk to a duel... or a drinking game, which Bossk accepts.  And damn, did Bossk ever drink the captain under the table!  That Trandoshan can hold his liquor! 

So, Captain Matey passes out and his comrades drag him out to sleep it off and the party is free to lounge.  So, what do they do?  Inspect every single room, finding most of them empty... except for one.  In that room is Captain Matey, sleeping off the drinking binge... and a treasure chest.

Greedo disarms the chest and to the bounty hunters go the spoils.  Zuckuss got five Blind Powder to add to his arsenal.  The rest of the loot went to Bossk, since he can hold lots of stuff.  Captain Matey wakes up and in his drunken stupor, catches the theft.  He calls in his buddies and it is time to do battle! 

Greedo hides in the shadows as Bossk and IG-88 start fighting.  4-LOM serenades the rogues into docility and Dengar thrusts at them with his spear.  Zuckuss concocts a stink bomb and incapacitates Matey's friends.  Then, Greedo bursts forth from the shadows and surprises the captain with a backstab!  4-LOM beans a pirate on the head with a bullet stone, thrown from his sling, and Bossk melees with his Claymore.  Zuckuss tosses some acid into the fray, and after a few more hits, the battle is over, and to the bounty hunters—again—go the spoils.  This time, lots of armor, which will be divided up later, lots of gold, some potions, and a fire bomb that goes to Zuckuss.

So, something happened this time around, rather than the usual grinding.  There was some story progression!  Hopefully, soon, there will be more story progression and we'll find out what our band of bounty hunters are up to next time in Wizardry 6: Bane of the Cosmic Forge.

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Reply #2908 on: April 09, 2012, 08:27:19 AM
No time for games at the moment, but I was doing my Skyrim Smithing levels over the last few nights. That, and I cleaned up a Dwarven mine with but only... 5... trips. Set for life with Dwarven Metal Ingots, oh boy.

Bossk: O.O
This made my day ;D

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2909 on: April 11, 2012, 07:36:29 AM
Got the platinum trophy in Tales of Graces F.
I guess I'll be taking a break now since I'm almost done with my third playthrough.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #2910 on: April 11, 2012, 01:28:25 PM
SkullGirls~

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #2911 on: April 11, 2012, 01:43:38 PM
OoT Master Quest. It's awesome. You spend most of OoT inside dungeons anyway, so it's almost like playing a new game. :)

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #2912 on: April 14, 2012, 06:13:43 AM
Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective

Fun so far, only on Chapter 3, definitely has the Ace Attorney humor going on. So I'm lovin' it. <3

Posted on: April 11, 2012, 03:58:36 PM
Beat the game. I expect nothing less from Shu Takumi, engaging story from beginning to end. The stealth mission had me stuck for a while and I didn't particularly enjoy it, but everything else was fun. Such a twist at the end too. Normally I'd beg for a sequel, but it doesn't leave much room for one.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2913 on: April 14, 2012, 11:24:02 AM
Yoshi's Island. GBA version.
I swear this game is way too easy now.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #2914 on: April 14, 2012, 06:11:08 PM
Only because you probably play it a lot, the later levels in the SNES version are  >_<.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2915 on: April 15, 2012, 07:08:56 AM
Only because you probably play it a lot, the later levels in the SNES version are  >_<.

no its still the same challenge as ever. but since 1-ups are given away like candy there is no fear of game over. i'm still sitting at a comfy 260 lives while in the snes version lives reset upon power off.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2916 on: April 15, 2012, 07:26:50 AM
Well, not much happened in Wizardry.  The party divvied up the loot from the previous adventure.  Then, they investigated the corpse behind the gate in a small cage in the Captain's Den.  When Dengar unlocked the gate, Bossk touched the corpse and it disintegrated.  So, they looted the corpse.  Another tricorne hat went to IG-88, a steel hook went to Greedo, an eyepatch was passed around and the party realized that it was useless.  And, there was also a stuffed green parrot.  So, Greedo takes the parrot and as he's changing his clothes and re-equipping stuff, he equips the parrot and is asked...

Do you want to invoke the power of the parrot?

Greedo invokes the power of the parrot, and his Personality stat increases by one.  So, it's off to Queequeg they go to sell some loot, and Zuckuss is hauling too many things and is nearing his carrying capacity (he can't even carry 50 items).  The party swaps some loot around, Bossk sells some extraneous items, trades some things with IG-88, and Greedo steals some items and sells them back to Queequeg.  Then, Greedo does something he hardly ever does...

Greedo bought two items!  He bought a pair of leather boots and some cuir gauntlets.  The gauntlets have yet to be handed out, but the boots went to 4-LOM, as he had no shoes.

Greedo: Don't say I never did anything nice for you.

Now, everyone has footwear.  Bossk, IG-88, and Zuckuss are decked out in their Birkenstock sandals, Greedo is clad in all leather, including his boots, 4-LOM finally has shoes, and Dengar loves his suede everything.  Yes, his suede jacket has fringes.

Dengar also gained a level.  He is now at level 7 (not 8, as I had erroneously said earlier), and has the rank of Archer, which is weird as his primary weapon is a spear.  He's not very good with arrows.  he's not terrible, but the spear allows him to attack twice in one turn, so he uses that.  He also learned Acid Splash, so Zuckuss taught him the basics.

Zuckuss: This one is relatively easy.  Just mix the acid in a small bulb and throw it.  Make sure you throw it away from you.  You don't want it splashing back in your face.

Bossk: And make sure none of us are in front of you when you throw it.

Zuckuss: That only happened one time!

The party explored some more and went back to the first floor of the castle and explored.  Not much story progression this time, mostly switching around equipment to see what works best.  Hopefully, with Dengar advancing in level, he'll sniff out some hidden items for the group to use.  Perhaps they will finally figure out a way across that bottomless chasm, where those tribal women escaped to...

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2917 on: April 22, 2012, 08:44:00 PM
Skullgirls (Xbox 360). So I've gotten all the Achievements, cleared everyone's Story Mode, and unlocked all the characters' palettes... so it's 100% Completion until a patch job and DLCs?

Mega Man (Wii Virtual Console). I'm getting sick off all this waiting for La-Mulana's remake, so I went and bought this. Playing this reminds me why love Luste Teuber from Rosenkreuzstilette so much (just because she's a flat-chested loli who called Grolla an idiot and lives to brag about, but for being Metal Man's expy and giver Metal Blade). Is it me, or does the game's visual seems muted/dull? And how is it that the old NES Mega Man games support GameCube controllers and not MM9 and 10?

Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition. Still trying to go through Professional mode to get the P.R.L. 412. Right now I'm in Ch. 3-2...

Now that I'm watching Puella Magi Madoka Magica lately, already six episodes in, I'm itching to play Grief Syndrome (the Madoka fan-game the same developers of the Touhou fighting games and MegaMari) and Homura Combat (that new Madoka-clone of Earth Defense Force 2017) again.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2918 on: April 23, 2012, 10:37:18 AM
Hoo boy... quite a bit happened in Wizardry...

Our intrepid band of bounty hunters scaled the bell tower one more time, swung across the pit, and Dengar unlocked the door that was there and they found a treasure chest.  Greedo disarmed it and they found a heavy rope.

Hm...  The gears with Bossk's head start turning...

He has a steel hook.  Now, he has a rope.  And there is that big chasm in the lower levels of the castle that they couldn't get across.  Oh, if only they had a grappling hook or something...

Bossk combines the rope with the hook and the party go to the chasm, Bossk swings the hook across and snags a stable boulder.  Then, one by one, the group shimmies across the rope.  They search the tunnels for a while, but find no women.  However, Dengar sees something!  It's a button!  Dengar presses it, and the party drops to the tunnels below.  After more exploration, they come across a grand canyon crisscrossed by a network of bridges, and a giant mountain looms in the center.

The bridges are a confusing maze, so Bossk, his head hurting after making that grappling hook, decides to lead the group through the tunnels that they saw.  They come across a set of stairs and descend down into the depths, and suddenly...

A GIANT HEAD APPEARS!

Zuckuss almost faints.

The head appears to be trapped within a crystal.  If only they could find a way to free it... 

The group head back to the canyon and explore the edge.  After some tedious and very confusing mapping (the map looks like a fingerprint), and a fight on a drawbridge against a troll, they come across a chasm which they cannot cross.  And there is a button on the wall.  Greedo uses the mystery oil, and an alcove appears and a set of six switches and instructions that are a complicated word problem. 

I have the sequence written down, but I'm not sharing.  Figure it out yourself.  :P

Well, eventually, with Zuckuss's help (sort of.  He just suggested sequences), Bossk figures out the proper controls that extend the drawbridge, and the group crosses it.  They also fight more enemies, including some mountain giants.  One of the giants managed to slam Zuckuss right in the head with a sledgehammer and half his health.  Guess being in the back isn't as safe as he thought it was...

After several battles and leveling up, they make it to the mountain and Bossk sees a foot hold that they can use to climb.  So, they climb.  Then, they fight more enemies.  And acquire more items, such as giant sledgehammers, boulders, rutabagas, and roasted corn (yum).  And they climb some more.  And fight more enemies.  And climb... and Bossk slips, and knocks Dengar down, who grabs Greedo, and they hit Zuckuss, and then 4-LOM and IG-88 have their falls cushioned by the other four.  Zuckuss suggests that they stay where it is safe and rest.  So, they do.

Then, they climb some more.  And slip.  And fight.  And climb.  And fight.  And slip.  And fall.  And climb.  And fight.  And slip.  And climb.

Finally, they reach the top and there is a treasure chest.  It is inscribed with a warning that may a curse be upon those who dare to pilfer it.  Greedo checks it for traps and finds none.  The chest is opened and... there's nothing in it but a note.

"Hey, thanks for the tip," writes Queequeg, "to show my appreciation, here are some things."

Trinkets and baubles.

Thanks, Queequeg.  Enjoy that curse!

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #2919 on: April 24, 2012, 08:14:13 PM
Taking a break from Kid Icarus, so I can focus on 999 (DS), a visual novel/puzzle game. Basically, you and eight other people are trapped on a ship and you have to escape before nine hours is up. Otherwise a miniature bomb inside your body detonates and explodes (yep...) 6 Endings total, and I've obtained 3 so far. I'm on my 4th playthrough, then I'm on to get the Coffin Ending and finally, the True Ending.

I got the Submarine Ending first, playing the game at midnight (Although thrilling, It was reaaally haunting). My heart felt like It was jumping out of my chest when my character was suddenly stabbed in the back as I was climbing down to the Submarine. I really can't explain how scary it is. The explicit descriptions in this game, seeing everyone around you dropping like flies, It's no wonder why It's rated M.

Like every person I've heard about this game from, It is absolutely fantastic. Phoenix Wright and TWEWY are the only other DS games that I can think of that had phenomenal story direction and dialog. It's more so a visual novel than a puzzle game.

If I were to complain about something, I'd say some of the characters haven't grabbed my attention, as it is the eerie and creepy environment of the ship you're trapped on. The more endings you get, the more that's revealed about a character's background. There's a sequel for the 3DS and Vita coming out soon, so I look forward to that.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #2920 on: April 25, 2012, 09:19:01 PM
Final Chapter, Disgaea 2. First main series disgaea game I might beat soon... if only if I need to grind a bit before getting slaughtered by Zenon.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline IQ-0

• Ice Queen Zero
  • Resistance Member
  • Friendship Advisory - Magical Content
    • View Profile
    • 1CC Gaming
Reply #2921 on: April 29, 2012, 06:16:12 AM
Finishing up on Syndicate

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2922 on: May 02, 2012, 03:38:12 AM
Crescent Pale Mist (JPN PC ver.). I finally 1CC'd the game's Hard mode and got the Philosopher's Stone in the process! I almost lost it with Soray at Chapter 5 when he unleashed half-assed attempt to instant-kill me with his endless barrage of homing spears, and those things hurt if you let even one hit you while the others zero-in to finish the job. Finally I get to use the Diamond and really show these guys the power of Pale Mist. >BD

RE4: Wii Edition. After nearly 24 hours of grueling agony, I've finally beaten Professional Mode for the second time (the first being on the original GameCube) and got that P.R.L. 412 I've got my eye on... Now it's time to unleash the Murder Beam.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #2923 on: May 02, 2012, 06:55:24 PM
BlazBlue Extend
Bought the limited edition with the "soundtrack" and some shitty prints.
I bought it cheaply so eh.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #2924 on: May 06, 2012, 02:51:43 AM
Completed 999 with all endings some time ago. I urge anyone who owns a DS to BUY IT. Seriously, It has one of the most compelling plot directions out there.

Then I went on to beat Sonic Generations, and I'm not touching that again for a while. It wasn't terrible, in fact it's the best Sonic has been in a while. But the thing is, that's not saying anything. Sonic is hideous now, as we are all aware. It's an average game, with clear design flaws, most missions were dreadfully boring, and had forgettable boss battles. Some levels were fun, but only at the beginning. IMO barely any replay value, and console Sonic still remains to be shitty.

Now started Rayman Origins. Coolio so far.