Kirby's Full and True Potential

geekgo4 · 1120

Offline geekgo4

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
on: May 01, 2010, 01:49:33 AM
Hmm... how far can Kirby go? We all know he has a black hole for a mouth and a crap factory. Then in later games, he has learned to copy enemies abilities. This has went ever further. He can combine his abilities with his friends, fused two abilities together, and create a "helper" from his used ability. The anime(although, non-canon) said he was meant to take a 200-year sleep. Imagine if he had reached that point. He probably could become a god then.

Take Fire Kirby. He could probabably spread Hellfire within a 10 mile radius, summon fiery meteors(or turn Rick into one), combine other abilities into more powerful firey variations, or summon an army of Hotheads, Burning' Leos, Fire Lions, Batafires, Heat Phan Phans, That Sub-Boss from KDL2 for GB, you know what I mean.

Hmm. I could also say that same thing for Soma Cruz and Shonoa.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 01:53:29 AM
I'm intrigued by this... but also confused by what you're trying to say here...

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline King Reaper

• yeah
  • B-Class Hunter
  • I used to be somebody...
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 02:01:23 AM
Pardon me, but what is this?
A discussion of the limits of Kirby's abilities?
Kirby never really struck me as a powerful character in any regard.

...what?

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 02:20:23 AM
Well, the combining abilities together was only explored in Kirby 64. If he were to reach the aforementioned point of having slept for 200 years, he'd probably be able to combine many more than just 2 abilities and probably would become practically God.

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #4 on: May 01, 2010, 02:27:50 AM
Yeah, that would probably happen. If he has that much power over various elemental things (also, Squeak Squad reimagined the ability combos a bit with Fire Sword, Ice Sword, etc) and other powers, he probably would become omnipotent in time. However, his childlike nature might either be good or bad, depending on how he feels.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #5 on: May 01, 2010, 02:29:17 AM
Well, wouldn't he be a bit more mature after 200 years?

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #6 on: May 01, 2010, 02:32:28 AM
Not necessarily. If the 200 year thing was from the admittedly non-canon anime, then he was still quite childlike. Factor in that he can kick ass and use his power wisely when the time is required, as seen in the final battle of every Kirby platformer, scenes from Subspace Emissary, etc.