Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #50 on: April 10, 2010, 04:57:53 AM
Ugh... such a difficult battle.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: April 10, 2010, 05:28:04 AM
They're just trying to make X7, X8, and Command Mission vague so they can figure out what they want to do with the series AND Axl.

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: April 10, 2010, 05:33:09 AM
Axl, himself, really needs his own game. Where it explains what becomes of him somewhere between X8 and X9, or after XCM or X9.
If there's going to be a X9 (and I hope there is).

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #53 on: April 10, 2010, 05:33:52 AM
That makes sense actually.

And Axl does need his own game. Axl needs more love.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: April 10, 2010, 05:38:56 AM
That's the only reason they're leaving out those games.

Not that ZX3 is confirmed or anything, this just gives them leeway to do what they want.

Offline Rodrigo Shin

• Not a Zero series
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • Ácido Cinza
Reply #55 on: April 10, 2010, 05:39:48 AM
I wouldn't mind doing translations (if Heat Man doesn't beat me to it), but I want to be accurate, and some of the kanji are quite tiny. On a related note, does anyone know how to rip the text from a flash page? I seriously hate the way that page is set up.
This help? (character profiles, since I assume the rest is already taken care of)

[spoiler]Zero

"「目の前に敵が現れたなら・・・、たたき斬るまでだ。」
かつてイラギュラー戦争で活躍し、英雄と呼ばれた伝説の紅きレプリロイド。シエルにより発見され100年の眠りから目覚めた。長年に及ぶ機能停止のため、目覚めたときは記憶が失われており、能力の覚醒にそれなりの時間を要した。妖精戦争末期には世界を恐怖に陥れたオメガと、それを操るバイルの野望を打ち砕いていおり、その因縁が新たな戦いの火種となる。"

Ciel
"「わたしにとっては、あなたはもうゼロなのよ」
ネオ・アルカディアでレプリロイドの研究をしていた人間の少女。姿を消したエックスの代わりとしてコピーエックスを作るが、エネルギー不足によるレプリロイドの処分に疑問を感じ、ネオ・アルカディアを離れる。その後はレジスタンスを組織してレプリロイドを守りながら、争いの元を解消する新エネルギーの開発に日々余念がない。シエルが使用しているバイザーは、かつてネオ・アルカディアでサイバーエルフの研究をしている時に使用していたもので、人間でありながらサイバーエルフを見たり、触れたりできる。"

Cyber Elf
"人間にとって未知のコンピュータ生命体。通常、レプリロイドの意志、意識、人格などを指す事が多い。様々な科学者の手によりレプリロイドの思考に関する研究が続けられているが、プログラムそのものではない「生命体で無い者の意志」については広く認知されている。サイバーエルフは不可視であるが、レプリロイドには見る(感じる)事ができるようだ。レプリロイドの思考プログラムに作用する未知のコンピュータウィルス「Σウィルス」の研究分野では、ウィルスが「意志」に作用する事が判明していおり、その「意志」をサイバーエルフと呼び、またその意志に働きかける事ができる存在(Σウィルス含む)も、サイバーエルフと呼称している。研究の成果はサイバーエルフによるレプリロイドの強化というレベルにまで達している。"

Alouette
"サイバーエルフの扱いに長けており、ゼロが入手したサイバーエルフの育成などに携わっている。ベビーエルフ、クリエとプリエの名付け親でもある。"

Cerveau
"新しい武器やチップの開発など、技術面でゼロをサポートするレプリロイド。つねにシエルとゼロのことを心配している"

Hirondelle
"レジスタンスベースを機転にさまざまな場所を旅しているため、各地の情勢に詳しいレプリロイド。趣味はポエムを作ること。"

Resistance Companions
"イレギュラーとして処分されそうになったところをシエルによって助けられたレプリロイドたちの集団。わずかなエネルギーを頼りに暮らしながら、同じような境遇のレプリロイドを救うために活動している。"

X
"「伝説の蒼き救世主」
エックス"

"「無限の可能性」「正しき行いをする者」の象徴としてネオ・アルカディアを統治していた伝説の青きレプリロイド。平和のため、同じレプリロイドを破壊することに悩みながら「イレギュラー戦争」を戦い続けたが、ゼロが眠りについたナイトメア事件の後も、それは変わらなかった。イレギュラー戦争末期(後に妖精戦争と呼ばれる)、エックスは、コピーボディを得たゼロの協力により、ダークエルフを捕獲、対ウィルス対策が整った自らのボディに封印する。ダークエルフを封印した際、その衝撃でエックスの魂はボディからはじき出され、5つのサイバーエルフに分裂。その内、4つはネオ・アルカディア四天王に組み込まれ、1つは世界を彷徨っている。"

Neo Arcadia
"妖精戦争当事、エックスより人間を保護するための組織として「ネオ・アルカディア」が結成された。エックス自ら英雄として君臨することでダークエルフを使わずにレプリロイドを「人望」で統制する事にも成功していた。妖精戦争に生き残った人類は、生活用の大型ドームの中で生活している状況であり、人間の生活圏はそのドームをおいて他にない。現在ネオ・アルカディアは政府の名称であるが、生活用ドームを指して、俗にネオ・アルカディアと呼ぶことがある。人間には代議員がおり、レプリロイドと協議してネオ・アルカディアの政策を行っている。"[/spoiler]

The reason for retcon is to cancel out contradictions
a retcon is a last resort to erase a contradiction
Guys, please let me know when did Gwen Stacy getting retroactively impregnated with Goblin Twins solve any contradiction whatsoever and didn't create a whole set of new ones. TTFN

--

Whenever it comes to "consensus" and things alike, always remember Tony Bullet-Tooth's sage advice:
"You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #56 on: April 10, 2010, 05:42:47 AM
Hey, it's Rodrigo! Nice going! Now for a translation!

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: April 10, 2010, 05:45:07 AM
inb4 rock lobster

Or Tickle Buffalo.

Offline marshmallow man

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: April 10, 2010, 06:36:46 AM
On Light's age, you never know.  A 20XX full of robotics is bound to make a few medical breakthroughs.

Unless he had one of Cain's chairs in his dining room, I'm not expecting too much in the way of lifespan extension beyond our current norm. But, maybe. I certainly can't rule it out completely.

It's probably just popular notion of Zero being sealed to go after X, since that was the best rational explanation we had for Wily to not unleash him immediately.  Now that's out the window, as is the notion that Zero was completed anywhere near the same time as X at all, unless that page was one hell of a typo.

I was thinking of a description along the lines of "Zero was the last creation of Dr. Wily's life" but maybe it was something I read at some online Japanese site. I kinda hope I never find it, since Wily being dead already answers why he always seems so ethereal whenever Zero remembers him. If he's been dead for as long as Zero's been alive... but I've already found several references in the Compendium approximated that Zero was sealed about 100 years ago like X was. If that's the case, Wily might as well still be alive. Then again, RPM said Wily most likely embedded the virus in Zero, and this current description disagrees with that too.

Actually, it could be- going with this new thing, that thats the reason for the virus itself. To control the monstrous Zero which Wily himself could not keep under control. The virus would "awaken" him, and make him more like what we see in X5

If that was what Wily was trying to do with the virus, he certainly missed the mark by a wide margin at first. According to the site Zero was damaged by Sigma before being infiltrated by the virus, so either Wily wasn't ready for its use in Zero yet and took some countermeasure to protect him from premature infection, or else Wily hadn't planned on using it on Zero at all, but after seeing what it did to him, figured that there could be some way to polarize his mind with it and thus pursued it throughout the X series.

This help? (character profiles, since I assume the rest is already taken care of)

You're always right there when I ask for ripped text... How do you do that, Shin?

No, seriously, I really want to know how you ripped that from there. PM me if you must. I'll start on the trans now.

edit: Trans is done, maybe not my best work but I'm too tired to proofread myself any more for now. This ought to do, anyway.

Zero
"If an enemy appears in front of me.... I will destroy it..."
(That's what MZOCW translated that line as)
Previously a major player in the Irregular Wars, the legendary red repliroid who was praised as a great hero.
He was discovered and awoken from a 100 year slumber by Ciel.
Because of the long years he spent out of commission, he suffered some memory loss when he woke up, and even his abilities needed time to reawaken.
In the closing period of the Elf Wars, he crushed Omega who held the world in a grip of fear, along with his master Vile's cruel ambition, but this would ultimately lead the way to a new battle.

Ciel
"To me, you are Zero."
A human young lady who performed repliroid research in Neo Arcadia.
She created Copy X to help compensate for X's disappearance, but she had misgivings when reploids started being disposed of due to the energy shortage and she left Neo Arcadia.
After that she organized the Resistance to protect the repliroids, and meanwhile worked tirelessly every day to develop a new energy source to help end the conflict.
The visor that Ciel uses were kept from her time in Neo Acadia studying Cyber Elves, allowing her to see and come in contact with Cyber Elves despite her being a human.

Cyber Elf
A computer life form generally unknown to humans.
Commonly referring to a repliroid's will, consciousness, personality, etc.
While many scientists continue to study the repliroid mind for answers, the current concept is generally acknowledged as not a program itself but the "volition of a bodiless life form."
Though cyber elves are invisible, repliroids are able to see (or sense) them.
In the field of research focused on the activity of the mysterious computer virus the "Sigma Virus" on the repliroid thought program, it was proven that the virus possessed an effect of "volition."  
That "volition" became known as a Cyber Elf, and additionally any such volition that had the ability to influence things in a similar manner (Sigma Virus included) became designated Cyber Elves.  
The study resulted in reached the level where it became possible to strengthen a repliroid by means of a cyber elf.
(...That was a difficult trans, too many abstract concepts.)

Alouette
A skilled Cyber Elf caregiver, she helps the cyber elves Zero obtains to grow to their potential.
She named Crea and Prea herself.

Cerveau
A repliroid who provides Zero with technical support by developing all sorts of new weapons and chips.
He always tries to look after Ciel and Zero.

Hirondelle
A quick-witted traveler residing at the Resistance Base, he has lots of info on various locations he's visited.
As a hobby he also writes poetry.

Resistance Companions
A group of repliroids who were condemned to be disposed of as irregulars, but were rescued by Ciel.
Even though they're trying to live on short rations of energy, they extend their help to all repliroids facing similar circumstances.

"The Legendary Blue Messiah" X
The legendary blue repliroid and ruler of Neo Arcadia who symbolizes "infinite potential" and a "purveyor of justice" for all.
Though he had done so for the sake of peace, he often worried over having to destroy his fellow repliroids during the long confrontations of the "Irregular Wars", a condition which went mostly unchanged even after Zero went to sleep following the Nightmare Incident.
In the closing period of the Irregular Wars (later referred to as the Elf Wars), X cooperated with Zero who had acquired a copy body, to capture the Dark Elf, and arranged to use his anti-virus countermeasure to seal her within his own body.
When he sealed the Dark Elf, the shock forced X's soul from his body and split it into 5 cyber elves.
Eventually, 4 of these souls were incorporated into the Shitennou of Neo Arcadia, while one continued to wander the earth.

Neo Arcadia
Concerned over the Elf Wars, X formed the "Neo Arcadia" organization for the sake of providing protection for the humans.
X himself was a great man who rather than exercising control by using the Dark Elf, he successfully used his "reputation" to invoke order.
The remnants of mankind who survived the Elf Wars were able to continue living within an enormous dome, but outside the dome the conditions were unsuitable to support human life.
Nowadays Neo Arcadia is the name of the government, although the life-sustaining dome itself is commonly referred to as Neo Arcadia as well.
Humans representatives consult with repliroids to carry out Neo Arcadian policy.

Offline Thanatos-Zero

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: April 10, 2010, 11:17:52 AM
X sealed the Dark Elf into his body and as a result his DNA-Soul splitted into 5 ones?
That is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard. X should have stayed as a whole instead to become a fragile one like from the Harry Potter roman the character Voldemort. Crippled souls are bad.
With this Model X had never his true power from the beginning, hence his DNA-Soul was crippled thanks to the Dark Elf.
As for the four Guardians, they are crippled too.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: April 10, 2010, 11:53:14 AM
It would explain why X wasn´t of a bigger help in the games...

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: April 10, 2010, 03:26:48 PM
This is inti writing this stuff right?

Something tells me they are committing the mistake that really shouldnt be committed by them. They seem to place Zero's seal right after X6. Oh God. What an elementary mistake.

Also, whats this about X splitting into 5? :\

jeez. Suddenly, everything's a mess now.

Inti, please just stay as Zero/ZX writers please. dont dabble into the X series, OR classic series. let CAPCOM handle those.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #62 on: April 10, 2010, 03:38:05 PM
And before I forget, most of all, say bye bye to your Zero-Cataclysm theory, you Zero-Cataclysm fanboys!
Well, it doesn't actually say he wasn't activated before being judged too uncontrollable, so we're still relying on Word of God outright saying the event didn't happen.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #63 on: April 10, 2010, 04:23:56 PM
I LOVE how they did this thing with Zero where he was sealed because Wily couldnt control him. I thought that was what the virus was for?
This falls into Zan's theories on justifying the "virus turning Zero good" shpiel, seemingly one of the most outrageous thing that Inti could retain from the 3 Keys.  Taken at face value it seemingly contradicts X5.  But if the virus was intended to curb Zero's aggression, then Zan suggested that Hunter Zero may be the result of its work being incomplete; the bloodlust is gone but no allegiance has been established.

A major issue surrounding Zero and the virus, is the fact that according to this timeline it is damage which Zero sustained in the Sigma battle that infected him in the first place, despite the fact that the virus came from Zero's capsule.  In other words, the virus, though contained in Zero's capsule, did not infect Zero then.  So, what does that mean?

One possibility is that, Sigma having landed three blows (kick, throw to ceiling, head punch), that one of the earlier two cause a crack somewhere allowing the infection, while the W-headache-punch interrupted it.  But my issue with that is why the infection would not have continued to run its course while Zero was unconscious.

My other thought is that perhaps the X1 body was never intended to awaken at all.  If the virus is in fact key to curbing Zero's initial aggression, and if that was in fact Wily's intention all along, then the X1 body may have been a test subject.  A precaution by Wily to make sure that, in the event of a failure, he didn't wind up with the power of X5 Awakened Zero with X4 flashback's attitude.  This carries the implication that X1 Zero's control chip was intended to be removed all along, and its "miraculous" survival may not have been entirely coincidence.  It would explain how Zero got killed in a rather ordinary battle, something which in X6 Isoc considers beneath him.  Would also justify Power Fighters' specs, and the "mixed" specs we see in X5's intro (X3 buster pasted over X1 body).

Posted on: April 10, 2010, 08:48:43 AM
Something tells me they are committing the mistake that really shouldnt be committed by them. They seem to place Zero's seal right after X6. Oh God. What an elementary mistake.
I can see this is going to be our biggest bit of fanon to contend with for years to come.  No, they did not say that.  They said that the Nightmare incident was key to understanding Zero as a carrier of the virus.  There is information in the events of the Nightmare incident that are not known to our heroes, namely Gate's infection, and the means by which his Zero research tied into Sigma's revival.  There is no reason these things, which implicate Zero independent of Gate's tampering, cannot come to light at a later point in time, similar to how X8 dug up memories of X5's virus incident.

Posted on: April 10, 2010, 08:52:36 AM
Unless he had one of Cain's chairs in his dining room, I'm not expecting too much in the way of lifespan extension beyond our current norm. But, maybe. I certainly can't rule it out completely.
Age of 100 isn't all that far beyond our current norm, though.  I mean, it's exceptional, but it does happen in the real world from time to time.  It's less a matter of him being simply alive (Cain's goal) and more a matter of him not being completely invalid.  He is pushing his limits, though, since by the time he finishes X and writes up his video to the future, he's clearly going downhill.

Also, to the best of my knowledge, we have no real statement as to Cain's age at any point in the timeline, do we?

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: April 10, 2010, 04:46:38 PM
edit: Trans is done, maybe not my best work but I'm too tired to proofread myself any more for now. This ought to do, anyway.

Very much thanks for the translation, Marshmallow Man! There are a couple of points where you should read it over again, though...

"he crushed Omega held the world in a grip of fear"
"she takes helps the cyber elves"

And a few other such cases. Still, very much appreciated!

"The Legendary Blue Messiah" X
The legendary blue repliroid and ruler of Neo Arcadia who symbolizes "infinite potential" and a "purveyor of justice" for all.
Though he had done so for the sake of peace, he often worried over having to destroy his fellow repliroids during the long confrontations of the "Irregular Wars", a condition which went mostly unchanged even after Zero went to sleep following the Nightmare Incident.
In the closing period of the Irregular Wars (later referred to as the Elf Wars), X cooperated with Zero who had acquired a copy body to capture the Dark Elf, and arranged to use his anti-virus countermeasure to seal her within his own body.
When he sealed the Dark Elf, the shock forced X's soul from his body and split it into 5 cyber elves. Eventually, 4 of these souls were incorporated into the Shitennou of Neo Arcadia, while one continued to wander the earth.

I think this profile requires some reevaluation of the profiles from RTRZ, particularly the Big4's. Things like their reasons for creation, and Phantom's unit being "X's personal safeguards" being of high note.

Speaking of RTRZ... sorry if this sounds greedy... But you translated the Big4 profiles before, but never got around to Zero's and Ciel's. It'd be nice if you could translate those too. In trying to reconcile all this new stuff, I feel it might be best if we had more comprehensive translated resources at our disposal.

Offline marshmallow man

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #65 on: April 10, 2010, 06:31:09 PM
Clearly, I was indeed too tired to proofread my work. I'll try to fix it up in a bit.

If Copy X is only 5 years old in Z1, and all references to the Big 4's working with X were actually with Copy X... they really would be pretty new. Although it's longer than a single US presidential term, so a lot can certainly happen in that time to make them experienced. Sigma was only a few years old when he became the world famous leader of the Hunters, I guess it doesn't take that long to become legendary in their fast paced future world.

I did translate Zero's RTRZ bio a while ago, I thought I posted it here, but I'll do it again.

Zero
Back in the times of the Irregular Wars, when the units known as the "Irregular Hunters" still existed, there lived a repliroid who was infamous far and wide. With a body of red and flowing hair of gold, he cut down his enemies with a blade of light. His very name struck fear into Irregulars... that name was "Zero." The sleeping legend of the "historic ruins." She saw it before her very eyes, the body of red, the hair of gold. But when "He" awakened from his slumber, He was a man without memory. He did not know his own name, He did not know his own purpose. He simply, had to be. An instinct for battle, a heart of justice. Once He held the blade of light in his hands, the legend was reborn.

I don't think I ever did Ciel's profile though. My CDs are boxed up somewhere. I don't suppose Rodrigo has the text for that one shifting around in his bottomless pockets...?

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #66 on: April 10, 2010, 07:35:08 PM

Actually...if ya reread that, the wording goes, "In finding this" before mention of Zero being sealed.  Usually for such wording, a good amount of time can pass by.  So it's not an entirely big mistake there.

Offline marshmallow man

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #67 on: April 10, 2010, 07:59:11 PM
X's bio also mentions Zero leaving after the Nightmare Incident, but of course to that I say, "how long after?"

The issue of branching timelines definitely needs to be addressed the next time we get to ask Inafune questions. But who am I kidding, they'll just ask when (insert game) is coming out and what his favorite (insert whatever) is, again and again and again.

Offline DjKlzonez

• B-Class Hunter
  • Once a year
    • View Profile
Reply #68 on: April 10, 2010, 07:59:37 PM
And why we can't just wait for the english release and play it ourselves ?

Steam       Youtube

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #69 on: April 10, 2010, 08:08:00 PM
So X sealed the Dark Elf in his body... Reminds me of how in EXE6 Megaman seals the Cybeast in his body... hmmm....

Regardless, thanks for the translation.

ALSO: DJKLZONEZ'S SIGNATURE EXPLAINS ALL! INTI DIVIDED BY ZERO! *shot*

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #70 on: April 10, 2010, 08:15:35 PM
And why we can't just wait for the english release and play it ourselves ?

Because it has nothing to do with the info being on their official site now?

I did translate Zero's RTRZ bio a while ago, I thought I posted it here, but I'll do it again.

Maybe I missed it... Thanks.

I don't think I ever did Ciel's profile though. My CDs are boxed up somewhere. I don't suppose Rodrigo has the text for that one shifting around in his bottomless pockets...?

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #71 on: April 11, 2010, 02:43:42 AM
Well, it doesn't actually say he wasn't activated before being judged too uncontrollable, so we're still relying on Word of God outright saying the event didn't happen.
Good point; why couldn't I interpret it as meaning that Dr. Wily decided Zero was too uncontrollable because he caused too many cataclysms?   [eyebrow]

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #72 on: April 11, 2010, 03:28:38 AM
Sorry, but birth of Zero is 1XX years ago. The wrong century to cause the cataclysm.

Offline Ninja Lou

• Samurai/Ninja of RPM
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Ninjas........Damn
    • View Profile
Reply #73 on: April 11, 2010, 05:13:16 AM
This is why I like Zan. Always full of MM knowledge.

This post has been approved by Marle!

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #74 on: April 11, 2010, 05:36:13 AM
Sorry, but birth of Zero is 1XX years ago. The wrong century to cause the cataclysm.
So it happened a little late...