X8 virus refrences

Jetfire · 5030

Offline Jetfire

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
on: January 05, 2010, 06:29:31 PM
In X8 Zero reflects his bitterness about being used to create a virus. But Sigma never used him to create a virus-Gate did. Sigma used Zero as justification for the colony incident but never created a virus from his body. So why blame him for the Nightmare?

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 06:30:33 PM
Bacause it´s hard to blame a guy in coma

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile

Offline Jetfire

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 08:06:33 PM
So why exactly did mixing the Colonly virus (which was the same Sigma virus as the one on earth) with the Sigma Virus on Earth create the Zero Virus if the Zero Virus was not the original virus in the first place. I thought that the Sigma virus was the Zero virus fused with Sigma's mind and half way diminished due to his advanced circuitry.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 08:14:15 PM
So why exactly did mixing the Colonly virus (which was the same Sigma virus as the one on earth) with the Sigma Virus on Earth create the Zero Virus

The virus from the colony is NOT the same thing as the Sigma Virus. Also, because the colony virus was designed to do so. Sigma needed something better than the original Sigma Virus to achieve Zero's awakening. The mixing of the colony virus with Sigma Virus achieved that by creating the Zero Virus.

I thought that the Sigma virus was the Zero virus fused with Sigma's mind and half way diminished due to his advanced circuitry.

That is your misconception. Zero was the first infect with "Sigma Virus", having been born with it inside of him. The very same Sigma Virus that would eventually become one with Sigma after it had passed on to him from Zero.

http://www.themmnetwork.com/wiki/index.php?title=Sigma_Virus

Aside from the whole entry, I point you toward the first trivia:

Originally "Maverick Virus" was the term used to describe the computer virus that turns Reploids into Mavericks. Since the events of Mega Man X3 it is more commonly referred to as the "Sigma Virus" instead of the "Maverick Virus". From Mega Man X2 to Mega Man X4 resources alternate between "Sigma Virus","Maverick Virus" or describing it as a "Maverick-facilitating virus", a "virus that facilitates Maverick behavior", a "Maverick converting virus". From Mega Man X5 and onward, resources began to use "Sigma Virus" as the only name by which the virus is known, regardless of it being inappropriate in reference to the time of before Sigma's infection; since then the term "Maverick Virus" is seldom, if ever used.

Offline Jetfire

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 05, 2010, 08:28:42 PM
So what was the colony virus made of?

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: January 05, 2010, 08:32:14 PM
Same thing as both the Sigma Virus and Zero Virus, just programmed differently, with the objective of causing a virus reaction with the Sigma Virus.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: January 05, 2010, 08:36:14 PM
Im pretty sure Wily, the mysterious friend of Sigma's in X5, made the Colony virus.
And, like Zan said, specifically so that it would interact with the Sigma Virus to make the Zero Virus.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: January 05, 2010, 08:39:22 PM
Im pretty sure Wily, the mysterious friend of Sigma's in X5, made the Colony virus.

It's not explained who made it. Only that Sigma used it on Eurasia, which caused the creation of the Zero Virus after a virus reaction, hence, Sigma made the Zero Virus. Even though we don't know who made the colony virus.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: January 05, 2010, 08:59:28 PM
Yes, but Sigma was pretty much following Wily like a dog on this one, out of his intense curiosity and amusement at how obsessed this guy was with Zero, and of his claims that Zero, given enough viral exposure, could be "purified" into his real self. I think only Wily, knowing his baby best, would know enough specifics to create a virus that upon interacting with Sigma's, could create a NEW virus that was not only BASED on Zero, but was powerful enough that in the alternate scenario, it was actually able to awaken him if the shuttle mission went bad.

Sigma himself is apparently smart enough to create reploids, (Dark Necrobat/Dizzy) But I dont think he's THAT smart enough to do THAT.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #10 on: January 06, 2010, 01:51:25 AM
Since Sigma admits to spreading the virus under Wily's direction, I think it's a fairly safe bet that Wily designed the Colony Virus, regardless of whether it was him or Sigma who got the hands-on part of the job.  It is speculation, yes, but I do feel it's most likely.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #11 on: January 07, 2010, 10:58:10 PM
Remember in X5 that as things got worse, Zero got stronger. I think; been a while. Zan? or someone else who can help?

I think it's because his systems react with the colony virus, amplifying his strength in some way. Correct me if I wrong, which I have a feeling I am.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: January 07, 2010, 11:05:17 PM
Zero never was in contact with the virus from the colony.

Zero experiences sudden boosts in power when it contact with the Sigma Virus and Zero Virus because they purify his systems. This is all explained in the two links I posted above.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #13 on: January 07, 2010, 11:06:06 PM
Ah. That's what I was trying to get at, I think... Thanks though!

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: January 07, 2010, 11:11:05 PM
One thing. Was the intro stage on earth, or on Eurasia? Im not sure anymore. The way the cutscene handles it, it makes it seem like Sigma was having the colony leak out while fighting them...
help?

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #15 on: January 07, 2010, 11:14:54 PM
I always thought it was on Eurasia. Then X & Zero warp back to Earth to do what they can to stop the imminent collision.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #16 on: January 07, 2010, 11:21:32 PM
Doesn't it say something about the Sigma virus being spread all over the world after the giant head explodes? It'd have to be on the planet then.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: January 07, 2010, 11:24:10 PM
The intro stage is on Earth, but the intro cutscene with Dynamo is on Eurasia.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: January 07, 2010, 11:25:08 PM
Ah, Ok. its all clearer now. I used to think it was on Eurasia.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #19 on: January 07, 2010, 11:27:57 PM
Okay. That makes more sense.

I think Zan is actually the supercomputer Capcom uses to store all their Mega Man info or something.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: January 08, 2010, 12:01:58 AM
Okay. That makes more sense.

I think Zan is actually the supercomputer Capcom uses to store all their Mega Man info or something.
No, He's the megaman fan community's compiled knowledge of Megaman gained sentience.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: January 08, 2010, 12:05:02 AM
No, He's the megaman fan community's compiled knowledge of Megaman gained sentience.

I am NOT equal to the MegaMan Knowledge Database, the very thought alone sickens me!

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: January 08, 2010, 12:05:43 AM
Megaman knowledge base? You mean you think that actually counts?

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: January 08, 2010, 12:16:42 AM
No, it means the fan community's compiled knowledge is fanon.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: January 08, 2010, 12:19:39 AM
MMKB never counted. I mean ACTUAL information.