LightningKitsune · 137624

Offline LightningKitsune

• Repliforce 8th Unit Commander
  • Robot Master
  • Smarter than Springman
    • View Profile
on: January 04, 2010, 08:09:09 PM
I'm on a roll folks.

OKAY. SO. Metroid. The series, characters, etc.

Discuss.

Also I'm gonna say it now. [tornado fang]ing Meta Ridley.

Quote from: Protoman Blues
Wily was tired of living in Dr. Light's gluttonous, douche shadow.  Rightfully so, too!  He didn't betray Light.  He valiantly, dare I say, HEROICALLY, casted off his shackles and asserted himself to his rightful place, going so far as to bring order to a world of chaos!

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 08:15:36 PM
"The Last Metroid is in captivity. The Galaxy is at peace..."

Posting my 100% run, because I'm so lazy~ >U<

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 08:34:03 PM

Also I'm gonna say it now. [tornado fang]ing Meta Ridley.
I loved the first battle with him in MP3. That [parasitic bomb] was awesome.
I liked MP1 best. I have trillogy, so ive got the Wii controls. i must say, they make P1 a lot easier I think. (especially with the Morphball jump making the ball puzzles easier)
Dont like MP2 much for some reason- and 3 is pretty cool too.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 08:53:53 PM
MP3 was the only Metroid game to not have an underwater section.
Except the first one, but that hardly counts...

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 04, 2010, 09:14:28 PM
Was Prime Pinball underwater at any point?

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 04, 2010, 10:40:53 PM
Was Metroid 2?

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: January 04, 2010, 10:51:55 PM
Brilliant series. I can't decide between Super and Prime as my favorite, but I love pretty much all of them (except the original and Return of Samus... o-O).

And I still can't mockball for my life.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: January 04, 2010, 10:56:27 PM
You know, Chozo ghosts always seem to scare the [parasitic bomb] outta me for some reason. when you walk in the room and it goes dark and quiet for a second before the music starts up, then the ghosts appear, that part is freaky.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: January 04, 2010, 11:10:26 PM
Super Metroid and Zero Mission are my favourites of the series, by far.

As for the Prime games... well, the first one is my favourite of the bunch. Prime 2 had it's moments, but I wasn't fond of the ammo count in any way or form. The third one was too much on the linear side.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: January 04, 2010, 11:18:51 PM
I liked MP1 best. I have trillogy, so ive got the Wii controls. i must say, they make P1 a lot easier I think. (especially with the Morphball jump making the ball puzzles easier).

Just a little stupid fact, they [tornado fang]'d up the Wii port of MP1's Graphics when porting Wii Controls over. The little things that the Ice and Plasma Beam do (Ice has mist come off of it and freezes when charged, and Plasma has embers come off of it.) Are missing. But that doesn't really matter when you can still enjoy awesome new control scheme.

Come to think of it, I actually own EVERY Metroid game (Save Pinball and Hunters, along with a copy of the original (But I have it on Zero Mission anyway, so meh.).)

Offline Irgendein

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: January 04, 2010, 11:19:15 PM
Super Metroid is easily my favourite.. and dare I say it, I liked Prime 3 more than Prime 1.

Offline LightningKitsune

• Robot Master
  • Smarter than Springman
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: January 04, 2010, 11:32:05 PM
Super Metroid and Zero Mission are my favourites of the series, by far.

As for the Prime games... well, the first one is my favourite of the bunch. Prime 2 had it's moments, but I wasn't fond of the ammo count in any way or form. The third one was too much on the linear side.

Agreed. NONE of the other games so far had an ammo count with the beams. Why just this one? (Unless I'm missing something.)

I managed to grab the 75% ending on Prime 1, only because there were a few scans I missed...

Wily was tired of living in Dr. Light's gluttonous, douche shadow.  Rightfully so, too!  He didn't betray Light.  He valiantly, dare I say, HEROICALLY, casted off his shackles and asserted himself to his rightful place, going so far as to bring order to a world of chaos!

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: January 04, 2010, 11:49:22 PM
Was Metroid 2?
I think Metroid 2 had little pools of water, and there were big regions full of magma you could dive into until you beat enough Metroids.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: January 04, 2010, 11:51:04 PM
I managed to grab the 75% ending on Prime 1, only because there were a few scans I missed...

You missed Items, because Prime doesn't give endings based on scans.

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: January 05, 2010, 12:01:53 AM
Metroid Prime 2 has a much better beam system than the other Prime games because you actually have a reason to switch weapons. A reason which doesn't involve those damn doors. If I opened you once, I'm still going to be capable of opening you next time I'm back. Just stay blue instead of wasting my time, srsly.

If you disagree with me you are wrong and also probably a communist.

PS if the only reason you don't like ammo in the game is because previous Metroid games have not had ammo you are a double communist.

I liked MP1 best. I have trillogy, so ive got the Wii controls. i must say, they make P1 a lot easier I think. (especially with the Morphball jump making the ball puzzles easier)

spiderballguardian.jpg

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: January 05, 2010, 12:42:16 AM
Wasnt the spiderball guardian Thardus..? I dont remember now.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: January 05, 2010, 12:52:20 AM
This series is damn amazing. That said, I seem to have a thing for the dark horse in the legacy, Prime 2. Something about that game really caught me and won't let go. While I do share a few criticisms with those who have them against certain things in the game, it's currently tied with Super Metroid as my favorite Metroid game.

He's talking about the actual guardian boss from Prime 2 here. I actually really liked that one myself. XD

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: January 05, 2010, 01:01:06 AM
Looking VERY forward to Other M.

I could never get into the Prime games. If nothing else, they, along with pretty much every other FPS now-a-days, only succeed in making me sick.

Hopefully, Sakamoto, his dudes and Team Ninja can stand to deliver. Been far too long since Samus and I got together.  8)

Offline LightningKitsune

• Robot Master
  • Smarter than Springman
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: January 05, 2010, 01:13:52 AM
Would be nice to know how they got Ridley onto the B.S.L.

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: January 05, 2010, 01:17:43 AM

I'm not talking about that Spider Ball guardian, I'm talking about the Spider Ball Guardian. Who is also a Spider Ball guardian.

God damn Metroid is deep.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #20 on: January 05, 2010, 01:36:55 AM
The one in MP2, in the tiny arena with the acidic air(?) and the boss bouncing all over the [tornado fang]ing place being all LOLOLOLO YOU CANT HIT ME BUT I CAN HIT YOU like an [dark hold]. I hated that boss so much on hard mode.

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: January 05, 2010, 02:14:10 AM
That's the Boost Ball Guardian.

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: January 05, 2010, 03:15:04 AM
The one in MP2, in the tiny arena with the acidic air(?)
congrats, you've just described all of dark aether until you get the light suit.

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: January 05, 2010, 04:00:05 AM
Most of the boss arenas aren't tiny.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: January 05, 2010, 04:55:42 AM
Metroid Prime 2 has a much better beam system than the other Prime games because you actually have a reason to switch weapons. A reason which doesn't involve those damn doors. If I opened you once, I'm still going to be capable of opening you next time I'm back. Just stay blue instead of wasting my time, srsly.

I still fail to see the point in having an Ice door followed by a Plasma (Or Wave) Door, In the same Hallway. Theres almost no Blue Doors later in the game.