ZX References

MassKiller1 · 28194

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: December 09, 2008, 03:08:10 AM
Actually X has brown hair AND green eyes (like Vent/Aile).
X has never taken his helmet off, so we wouldn't know about his hair color. unless there's official art out there of him helmet less.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Rodrigo Shin

• Not a Zero series
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • Ácido Cinza
Reply #26 on: December 09, 2008, 04:06:51 AM
Nope, there ain't. I have heard people claim he takes off his helmet in one of Iwamoto's manga.

However, over at Capcom-FC one time the staff responded to how they pictured each character's hairs should look like. Shame it's all in japanese and it's over 3 years old, so it is going to be tough to find it.

The reason for retcon is to cancel out contradictions
a retcon is a last resort to erase a contradiction
Guys, please let me know when did Gwen Stacy getting retroactively impregnated with Goblin Twins solve any contradiction whatsoever and didn't create a whole set of new ones. TTFN

--

Whenever it comes to "consensus" and things alike, always remember Tony Bullet-Tooth's sage advice:
"You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: December 09, 2008, 04:10:38 AM
This is probably the only time hes taken his helmet off, and even then, they dont show us what he looks like without it. I mean, look at eagle and Zero's expressions. theyre so shocked he can even take it off!

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Rodrigo Shin

• Not a Zero series
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • Ácido Cinza
Reply #28 on: December 09, 2008, 04:12:03 AM
I don't remember which of the mangas it would be, but the person who had claimed that said it wasn't X1. I think he said X4, but it's been well over 7 years.

Guys, please let me know when did Gwen Stacy getting retroactively impregnated with Goblin Twins solve any contradiction whatsoever and didn't create a whole set of new ones. TTFN

--

Whenever it comes to "consensus" and things alike, always remember Tony Bullet-Tooth's sage advice:

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: December 09, 2008, 04:34:33 PM
Also...has anyone noticed that Model A is the only Live Metal without a crystal?

Model A is also the only one with armor instead of gauntlets, boots, and a vest.   -_-

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: December 11, 2008, 04:51:19 AM
true dat.
I don't remember which of the mangas it would be, but the person who had claimed that said it wasn't X1. I think he said X4, but it's been well over 7 years.
Ive always wanted to read the X4 Manga... ive seen bits of it over at Mechadrake assemblies, but not much. I know for a fact that Iris tells Zero something about the original Megaman. which sounds like would be interesting.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: December 11, 2008, 11:58:22 PM
This is probably the only time hes taken his helmet off, and even then, they dont show us what he looks like without it. I mean, look at eagle and Zero's expressions. theyre so shocked he can even take it off!

Except for the other time when he takes off his first armor helmet only to reveal the regular helmet as having materialized underneath.

Offline Protodude

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Protodude's Rockman Corner
Reply #32 on: December 12, 2008, 12:56:11 AM
X has never taken his helmet off, so we wouldn't know about his hair color. unless there's official art out there of him helmet less.

There is an image of a helmet less X in R20, though I've been told it was only used as reference material for designing the Bandai model kits.

No hair underneath, just a smooth head of metal.

Offline Robert Oakes

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: December 12, 2008, 01:09:02 AM
I can see some similarity but both of their hair colors are different:

Vent: brown
Rockman EXE: black (with the exception of course of Full Synchronization).

Also...has anyone noticed that Model A is the only Live Metal without a crystal? (Look at the bolt thats replaced it D:) It's a reference to the time when Axl got faced by Lumine and had his crystal broken (explanation to how he is affected by the little shard Lumine gives him <AIDS> and that he seems fine during Command Mission is beyond my reasoning).

Model A has a crystal. The "bolt" on the helmet opens up to reveal a bright blue gem when A-Trans is used. The crystal is also seen briefly in the cutscene of Grey/Ashe megamerging for the first time.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: December 12, 2008, 01:26:57 AM
Except for the other time when he takes off his first armor helmet only to reveal the regular helmet as having materialized underneath.
Holy [parasitic bomb].
There is an image of a helmet less X in R20, though I've been told it was only used as reference material for designing the Bandai model kits.

No hair underneath, just a smooth head of metal.
well, going by the designs of helmetless X and Zero, which show them as having metal plates and [parasitic bomb] under the helmet, Inafune DID say that that wasnt meant to mean they had no hair.

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: December 13, 2008, 06:14:11 PM
Like Protodude said, that was just a reference for Bandai to use when making their model kits.

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: December 13, 2008, 07:59:57 PM
Not exactly, Zero's design is after all featured in X4 scenes. X5 though redesigned doesn't disagree with the concept as drawn by Inafune. They do look like that without the helmet, but all the same, they're not bald either. The helmets are integrated with the skull, but can be removed to reveal hair, or surgically removed to reveal the circuitry of the helmet attaching to the skull.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #37 on: December 13, 2008, 08:25:57 PM
So the hair is there when they want it to be?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: December 13, 2008, 08:41:14 PM
So the hair is there when they want it to be?
Havent you Played Zero 3?

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: December 13, 2008, 09:33:35 PM
Omega is... special. In many ways. I don't trust anything about him to hold for any other reploid.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: December 13, 2008, 10:00:22 PM
Except Zero maybe.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: December 13, 2008, 10:30:01 PM
Barely, if then. Maybe Dark Elf gives him the power to materialize hair!

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: December 13, 2008, 10:31:34 PM
His copy body is based on his original body.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: December 13, 2008, 10:35:45 PM
What? So?

Offline marshmallow man

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: December 16, 2008, 07:47:24 PM
However, over at Capcom-FC one time the staff responded to how they pictured each character's hairs should look like. Shame it's all in japanese and it's over 3 years old, so it is going to be tough to find it.

IIRC, it was only talking about X's hair, and they didn't actually answer the question because different staff members pictured his hair differently so it's a mystery even to them since they never really decided on one.

It was X4, well, sort of. X4's run was cut short, condensing several chapters' worth of story down to 2. When Book-ing recollected the X series mangas into 5 volumes, Iwamoto added several new pages of story and commemorative mini-comics into the compilations. At the end of the X4 chapters he added a short X8-themed epilogue, the last picture of which is X standing and holding his helmet. The sun is shining right over his face, so only part of his head's silhouette is shown, but you can see what very much looks like hair on his head. That was done in 2005 though.

Offline Rodrigo Shin

• Not a Zero series
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • Ácido Cinza
Reply #45 on: December 17, 2008, 07:37:52 PM
IIRC, it was only talking about X's hair, and they didn't actually answer the question because different staff members pictured his hair differently so it's a mystery even to them since they never really decided on one.
I think I remember the others thrown in as well, but no way to be sure. That's what the translator I sent to had told me, either way.

It was X4, well, sort of. X4's run was cut short, condensing several chapters' worth of story down to 2. When Book-ing recollected the X series mangas into 5 volumes, Iwamoto added several new pages of story and commemorative mini-comics into the compilations. At the end of the X4 chapters he added a short X8-themed epilogue, the last picture of which is X standing and holding his helmet. The sun is shining right over his face, so only part of his head's silhouette is shown, but you can see what very much looks like hair on his head. That was done in 2005 though.
The problem with that; the person described that exact scene (except being X8 of course) in 2001.

I want a time machine too.

--

Offline marshmallow man

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: December 18, 2008, 06:36:51 PM
Now that would be some pretty impressive precognition. You're sure somebody said that way back when? I guess they could be talking about some other similar image I'm unaware of, but it wasn't included in the manga compilations of the 90s, it would have been some outside promotional image. But the book clearly cites that epilogue to 2005, which is nearly the earliest time it could be for its use of the X8 characters. I'd heard a lot of rumors about X4's manga, like people who claimed Cain was shown dying in it, which he is not. Maybe that was some rumor that managed to eventually hit the mark... Unlikely as that would seem. But maybe that pose in general (X standing, holding helmet, can't see his face) isn't that original. Anything more accurate than that, though, seems very curious.

Offline Rodrigo Shin

• Not a Zero series
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • Ácido Cinza
Reply #47 on: December 18, 2008, 09:06:08 PM
Stretching it, the most it could have been said was circa the beginning of 2003. Reeeeally stretching it. 2002 is still a fair margin of error. The events for these dates are inexorably linked. Those who lived the days of lore might know why.

Even so, there weren't repritings to include such a scene that for the looks of it happened to be absent in the first place, so...

--

Offline marshmallow man

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: December 18, 2008, 11:53:11 PM
The events for these dates are inexorably linked. Those who lived the days of lore might know why.

Enough beating around the bush, I'm curious already. What's the story?

Offline Rodrigo Shin

• Not a Zero series
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • Ácido Cinza
Reply #49 on: December 19, 2008, 02:28:01 AM
Enough beating around the bush, I'm curious already. What's the story?
Oh, there ain't anything groundbreaking like people might be figuring. One of the parts involved in the discussion was Boco. Some will know what I'm talking about. Those who don't aren't missing out on anything.

But it wasn't Boco who said that about the X4 manga, it was some other person I fail to remember now.

--