MegaMan X Trashed and Scattered [New Video 12/07/10]

carlos-182 · 17370

Offline carlos-182

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: December 28, 2009, 07:47:53 AM
Do you guys think the tile's set are good?

Also, the enemy are alive!!!  :P
I'll make another video when I have more enemys, thank you.

Carlos.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #26 on: December 28, 2009, 02:11:40 PM
Looks like it tiles just fine.
Pillars look kind of awkwardly flat, but that might just be how they are..

Offline Hiryu

• Capcom's Favorite futuristic ninja
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: December 28, 2009, 09:06:39 PM
I know people have already mentioned this before, but the walking animation is a little off. It doesn't seem as fluid as the SNES game. I think after comparing the video and looking at the game, it seems X doesn't quite turn his head and swing his arms and legs as fast as in the game.

Also, again, the wall jump is a little off. I think it maybe pushing X too far away from the wall. It looked like X was more heavy when he was going up a wall, so he didn't climb up as far But I think you fixed this in the most recent video. However, notice when X kicks off the wall in the game, there's a small yellow spark-like graphic.

One new thing to consider is the Highway platform. If you look closely in the Highway stage in the game, X is not standing on the rail, he's standing on the highway.

Small details, I know.

Offline carlos-182

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: February 05, 2010, 09:03:09 PM
I know people have already mentioned this before, but the walking animation is a little off. It doesn't seem as fluid as the SNES game. I think after comparing the video and looking at the game, it seems X doesn't quite turn his head and swing his arms and legs as fast as in the game.

Also, again, the wall jump is a little off. I think it maybe pushing X too far away from the wall. It looked like X was more heavy when he was going up a wall, so he didn't climb up as far But I think you fixed this in the most recent video. However, notice when X kicks off the wall in the game, there's a small yellow spark-like graphic.

One new thing to consider is the Highway platform. If you look closely in the Highway stage in the game, X is not standing on the rail, he's standing on the highway.

Small details, I know.

Just to let you know, I've fixed the walking animation and the Highway platform thing too, thank you for telling me that.
Oh and I'll take a look of the small yellow spark-like graphic. =D

Let me make 1 or 2 more enemys and I'll upload a new video.

Posted on: December 28, 2009, 23:16:13
New screenshots:

I've fixed the walking animation, done a new armor (by other member of the team). I'll post a video soon.

Carlos.

Posted on: January 06, 2010, 22:46:30
New video.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05W0XGn2cQE[/youtube]

Description:
Mega Man X: Trashed and Scattered is a fan game I started less than 1 month ago. Paul and Roland joined me in the project.
This video shows a little more gameplay in a little map I did. This video doesn't have any new feature like original graphics or music, everything has been taken from Capcom's Mega Man X original games, I do not own anything but the code itself :P

There is some things I've fixed like walking animation or Dash System, I also created 2 enemys, but there is some things that are missing like:
- More enemys
- Sparks when Wall Jumping (I have them but when I was recording the video, they appear weird)
- Some errors from buster

I know there is some bugs, but don't worry, everything will be fixed for the final version, and I expert a lot lot lot of time for the final version.

Credits goes to:
Paul (Spriter)
Roland (Music)
Me (Engine and all the other stuff :P )

I hope you enjoy the video.

Posted on: January 13, 2010, 21:57:35
I need more spriters, if you are interested in this project please let me know.
This is turning into something big, my engine is looking more perfect day by day (or at least I think so =P )
So please, let me know if you are interested. I'll post another video like in 2 weeks with more features.

Thanks,
Carlos.

Posted on: January 20, 2010, 07:22:04
New video:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gj92oZPFGs[/youtube]

Maybe I can get your attention with this  :P

It is just a test room, don't ever think I'll include this on the game.

Posted on: January 25, 2010, 23:49:43
(And I keep trying to get your attention...  :|)
New video:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KW0s7pIZ_s8[/youtube]
This time I'm showing 2 new enemies I've made, with Paul's help (He edited the sprites).

Thanks...
(At least, post something, I see no interest in you  :'()

Offline Sapphire✧9

• ネビュラ★ブラック
  • Neo Arcadian
  • An Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: February 05, 2010, 09:19:22 PM
Well, if you just want a post.

I can tell you that while engine is really good for a fangame. It is totally buggy and nothing seems to be accurate to X1-3.

Offline carlos-182

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: February 05, 2010, 09:59:05 PM
Well, if you just want a post.

I can tell you that while engine is really good for a fangame. It is totally buggy and nothing seems to be accurate to X1-3.

What kind of bugs do you see in the videos? Well I post here the progress of the game because I want to know the things I need to fix.

Offline Stardius

• Lazy and overall passive
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: February 05, 2010, 11:25:58 PM
From what I could get for now.
One thing would be that the buster shots are appearing maybe little too low and inside the buster. So moving them little higher and little forward from the buster would be nice. Other thing, at least what it seems to me, is that in your last video if you walljump too fast he has the grabing animation little before touching the wall.
And maybe the knockback could be little longer.

Offline carlos-182

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: February 05, 2010, 11:57:10 PM
From what I could get for now.
One thing would be that the buster shots are appearing maybe little too low and inside the buster. So moving them little higher and little forward from the buster would be nice. Other thing, at least what it seems to me, is that in your last video if you walljump too fast he has the grabing animation little before touching the wall.
And maybe the knockback could be little longer.

Well, that kind of comments is what I need, so , first of all, thank you!
Now, I'll try to fix the buster shots, I didn't realize that. The walljump animation looks like that just in the video, believe me, that problem is not on the game. The problem is that, when recording, Camtasia Studio takes a lot of resources from the processator, so the game can't pick up the real animation.
In the knockback thing, do you mean more time of being flashing? Or more time moving forward?

Again, thanks.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #33 on: February 06, 2010, 12:14:17 AM
It looks good, but it appears like you've mixed tilesets. Don't, or else it looks bad. Use a single tileset per stage.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline carlos-182

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: February 06, 2010, 06:31:06 AM
It looks good, but it appears like you've mixed tilesets. Don't, or else it looks bad. Use a single tileset per stage.
Do you really think I'll keep that mixed tiles on the game? Have you seen JKB game?
He made a big stage with mixed tilesets just to test the movements and enemies. It's not like he will keep the stage like that. So do I.

But anyway, thank you for comment. Don't get me wrong, but it seems like no one have interest on my game, sadly =/... but ok.

Offline Stardius

• Lazy and overall passive
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: February 06, 2010, 07:36:09 PM
In the knockback thing, do you mean more time of being flashing? Or more time moving forward?
Well I played Megaman X again just to make sure. It seem that when X gets hit he moves backwards about twice the lenght then you have right now, the blinking time from what I counted seems to be alright.
But I can now get things only from how they look in the video, so it would be good, if you after some time, when the engine alone will be done, post an executable so people could try how it works first hand. This way they might give you more suggestions on what could be changed.

With that said I have interest. MMX is much harder to make than classic Megaman, because of things like dash, walljumping and over all the spriting is much harder. And this looks promising as far as the physics go so far.

Offline carlos-182

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: July 11, 2010, 06:01:24 AM
Just to say this is not dead:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zzjhjeb_Krc[/youtube]

And please, add this thread into Fan Games.
What do you think about the video?

Youtube description:
Hi, this is a little new video, I've fixed some bugs like wall jumping, some animations, etc. I didn't made new enemies because I was fixing the physics of the game, I hope you like it.

And this game is not frozen anymore, I'm working on it after 2 months of being lazy =P So I can say, all this work has been done in 4 months, expect a great game !

Thanks.

Offline Hiryu

• Capcom's Favorite futuristic ninja
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: July 11, 2010, 09:08:35 PM
The physics look fine, but I can't say for certain that they're perfect - I would have to play it just to make sure. I'm 75% sure it looks good though.

Offline carlos-182

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: July 13, 2010, 01:43:31 AM
Well I'll try to give you a demo.exe next time, but I need to fix a lot of things.
Thanks for comments.

Posted on: July 12, 2010, 10:03:44
A little new update:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kzr26nLV-tI[/youtube]

It's almost the same video, but better quality (more FPS) and showing just the new armor, without new abilities, but that doesn't mean it won't have.

Thanks, and again, move this to Fan Games, please!  :)