RPM Minecraft Server

Psycho Yuffie · 1787

Offline Psycho Yuffie

• Neo Arcadian
  • Pffft!
    • View Profile
on: April 21, 2016, 06:54:56 AM
Alice and I were talking about last week how it would be cool to have a RPM community Minecraft server. I personally really enjoy modded Minecraft, so I think it should be a modded server. That's not set in stone. If people enough people prefer vanilla Minecraft, we could do that. We could, but I don't think that's going to happen.

I can make the modpack. I'm okay at it. I can put mods together. I can also make the server. When it comes to hosting it and polish, that's where I need help. If anyone knows how to get free hosting or they're willing to host it, let me know. Also, if you know anything about mods and how to work MineTweaker and CoFH, I could use your help.

In terms of which mods and which version of Minecraft, I would suggest 1.7.10 because it has the most mods right now. 1.8.9 doesn't have a lot of support, but I honestly can't wait for it take off.

Here's my list of suggested mods:
Inventory Tweaks
Journey Map
Mekanism
Mouse Tweaks
Nether Ores
Not Enough Items
OpenBlocks
OptiFine
ProjectE
Thermal Expansion
Waila

Maybe list of mods:
Buildcraft
Extra Utilities
Iron Backpacks
Iron Chests
Magical Crops
Tinker's Construct

Keep in mind that we don't want this to be a modpack with a billion mods because those packs run like garbage. We want a lite modpack that most people can run with as few problems as possible.

Also, if no one wants this, that's fine. I just thought it would be neato, that's all.

Offline Adelaide

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: April 21, 2016, 09:35:19 AM
I would totally approve of having Thaumcraft if we can slip it in, by the way! Thaumcraft is my life, after all. Because I'm weird. But I also know it can lead to some... griefish behavior. So I understand if that makes it a no-no.

But yeah, as we all know, I'm totally down for this.

Offline Psycho Yuffie

• Neo Arcadian
  • Pffft!
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 21, 2016, 04:12:56 PM
You'd want Pam's Harvestcraft too, right?

Offline Adelaide

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 22, 2016, 12:15:28 AM
Correcto! That's my only "demands" I'm fine with everything else. That way, Kayla can go super farm mode activate. And I can seclude myself as a mentally deranged witch.

Offline Kayla

• Cyberelf
  • Prolly on Discord
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 23, 2016, 06:50:24 AM
 >0< >0< This I do want!

Might I suggest Treecapitator? It isn't a must have, but it does save time/mess of uncut trees.

Either way, I am up for it.

I'm Alice's wife.

Come to the discord and I will fite u.

Offline Psycho Yuffie

• Neo Arcadian
  • Pffft!
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: April 24, 2016, 01:27:18 AM
I'll include Treecapitator only if we don't have Tinker's Construct. Otherwise it makes the lumber axe redundant.

Offline Kayla

• Cyberelf
  • Prolly on Discord
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: April 24, 2016, 04:25:14 AM
Oh? Well that's fair. I don't know what is in that mod.  8U

I'm Alice's wife.

Come to the discord and I will fite u.

Offline Psycho Yuffie

• Neo Arcadian
  • Pffft!
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: April 25, 2016, 04:17:25 AM
Tinker's Construct adds a new way to make tools to the game and a few new tool types. One of these new tools is called a lumber axe and it does what Treecapitator does, except you kinda have to earn that ability through crafting.