The Kingdom Hearts Thread

VixyNyan · 391877

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #775 on: September 11, 2010, 01:37:44 AM
Now you're being ridiculous. You're comparing air headed media whores to someone who just has a different opinion to yourself. MTV dating shows is nothing like enjoying a good jRPG. jRPGs are 99.9% of the time more intelligent.

I started the new Kingdom Hearts game. The controls SUCK. The PS2 controller is NOT the same as the PSP. The joystick is a lot closer to the directional pad. So comparing it to the PS2 is a pointless argument. So it works great for you. Great. Doesn't mean it is for everyone else.

I like the story so far. Yeah the first one was simple, yeah it's different now, but Mario isn't the same as it was. Metroid sure as hell has evolved and changed from the basically faceless platformer it used to be. The game is growing, evolving, making it's own lore. You don't complain when the Halo books come out and flesh out the game universe. This is how they choose to do it. We don't have much control in how they make games. But we can like what we like.

I am tired of reading you completely demeaning someone because they like something different than you. It's one thing to say you disagree but comparing him to something that you mean obviously in a negative character destroying way is so childish I can't just read it anymore without saying something. Be more mature about this. People always disagree.

You can define what YOU think is wrong with games. But you don't have a right to say that about one person. Saying "FPS games are stupid" isn't a personal attack. Telling someone "Thinks YOU like are why all new video games are [parasitic bomb]" is not okay. So just learn what an opinion is. And start respecting other people's. I'm not just talking about with Ares either.
For this kind of answers, is why the internet invented the "U Mad" response. =P

I'm just messing around with the dude. Learn to chill. He is. And he's giving me good responses all over that show that he's beneath pointless bickering.

lol Twilight. I'll never understand that [parasitic bomb].

And well, it takes all kinds really. I think the majority of Gaming Community now is so [tornado fang]ing stupid it drives me apeshit. But I realize without those drug induced nutcases, I wouldn't be where I am now, holding a PSP playing stuff that actually appeals to me. (currently enjoying Valkyria Chronicles 2 with all my heart)

I'm not sorry for what I like, not ashamed for being unable to click with the majority of gamers... because I can still appreciate things that SANE gamers appreciate. A good platformer like Mario. The Zelda Series, Metroid (anything not Prime based) and the majority of the old Final Fantasies. I appreciate the classics. I appreciate a lot of the things most RPMers like, which consist MOSTLY of Classic Gamers (aside from you new bloods, of course, which are a diverse bunch. Not that that is bad really).

All in all, I am me. No more, no less. And I love gaming as much as you do or the next person. I just love it in a different way.
Twilight is a fantastic phenomenon. You know the Hero's Journey? The prototype for every single adventure ever? Meyer basically (and probably unknowingly) created the same sort of prototype in a story that mirrors all fanfics ever. When a 13-year old (or someone with the maturity of such) is reading something like it, it's as if they're reading their own fanfic, starring THEM. It's accidental genius, I tell ya.

And sure, there you go, with Valkyria Chronicles and the opther games you show, you get the usual standards of gaming. And I'm not a new blood. =P I started on the 8-bit generation, just like alot of other people, with a Master System, and worked my way through there. I just kinda hate it when people start acting like old men and say everything's [parasitic bomb], old stuff is great. Stuff evolves. We gotta evolve with it. The FPS genre is really not one of my favorites, although I like playing it. I defend it fervorously, because I think it holds amazing merit, and it's a natural part of evolution. People bash it because they refuse to understand it or give it place on the natural evolution of games.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #776 on: September 11, 2010, 01:45:35 AM
Random opinion:

This guy is pretty cool.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #777 on: September 11, 2010, 01:48:45 AM
Random opinion:

This guy is pretty cool.
He is! About time they made Xehanort into a good villain again!

[spoiler]Before [tornado fang]ing him up and making him be a cryptic little [parasitic bomb] like all of Nomura's bishonens. >_>[/spoiler]

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #778 on: September 11, 2010, 01:52:23 AM
Before [tornado fang]ing him up and making him be a cryptic little [parasitic bomb] like all of Nomura's bishonens. >_>

Funny that Nomura fixed him though, no?

Aresian

Reply #779 on: September 11, 2010, 01:54:21 AM
Twilight is a fantastic phenomenon. You know the Hero's Journey? The prototype for every single adventure ever? Meyer basically (and probably unknowingly) created the same sort of prototype in a story that mirrors all fanfics ever. When a 13-year old (or someone with the maturity of such) is reading something like it, it's as if they're reading their own fanfic, starring THEM. It's accidental genius, I tell ya.

And sure, there you go, with Valkyria Chronicles and the opther games you show, you get the usual standards of gaming. And I'm not a new blood. =P I started on the 8-bit generation, just like alot of other people, with a Master System, and worked my way through there. I just kinda hate it when people start acting like old men and say everything's [parasitic bomb], old stuff is great. Stuff evolves. We gotta evolve with it. The FPS genre is really not one of my favorites, although I like playing it. I defend it fervorously, because I think it holds amazing merit, and it's a natural part of evolution. People bash it because they refuse to understand it or give it place on the natural evolution of games.

Well, first before I comment on what you said, I'll comment for Alma; mostly because she's currently in the middle of a battle on Critical Mode, fighting the crazy Three Part Unversed thing. She did see my visual frustration, and has seen the frustration you've caused me (and others) before. I can understand how she feels. But honestly, I've reached the epitome of "don't care, opinions are opinions" frankly. I've also reached a level of understanding that not everyone (or most in general really) can comprehend me or agree with me on the same level. No fault to them or me really. Just how these things go.

That said... I'll get to the meat of this reply. Which probably won't be that long honestly. Anyways, I reiterate because I didn't quite mean "you" when I said "you new bloods". As for the rest, well... that's why I tend to be neutral on a lot of things. Everything is a necessary force in the evolution of gaming. While yes, I do feel very disdained by a lot of what is the "popular thing" now, I accept it in as much stride as I can. Yes, I [sonic slicer], who doesn't? It's a forum. Outside of such circles, I generally seem neutral. You'd just as soon see me playing Call of Duty 4 or Battlefield 2142, shooting up some n00bs and one-manning it to a Titan to blow it up. Well... before the servers died.

My deal is, as long as what I value in gaming still exists. Is still appreciated... I will be satisfied.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #780 on: September 11, 2010, 02:09:00 AM
Well, first before I comment on what you said, I'll comment for Alma; mostly because she's currently in the middle of a battle on Critical Mode, fighting the crazy Three Part Unversed thing. She did see my visual frustration, and has seen the frustration you've caused me (and others) before. I can understand how she feels. But honestly, I've reached the epitome of "don't care, opinions are opinions" frankly. I've also reached a level of understanding that not everyone (or most in general really) can comprehend me or agree with me on the same level. No fault to them or me really. Just how these things go.

That said... I'll get to the meat of this reply. Which probably won't be that long honestly. Anyways, I reiterate because I didn't quite mean "you" when I said "you new bloods". As for the rest, well... that's why I tend to be neutral on a lot of things. Everything is a necessary force in the evolution of gaming. While yes, I do feel very disdained by a lot of what is the "popular thing" now, I accept it in as much stride as I can. Yes, I [sonic slicer], who doesn't? It's a forum. Outside of such circles, I generally seem neutral. You'd just as soon see me playing Call of Duty 4 or Battlefield 2142, shooting up some n00bs and one-manning it to a Titan to blow it up. Well... before the servers died.

My deal is, as long as what I value in gaming still exists. Is still appreciated... I will be satisfied.
Hey, already said before. I cause frustration and madness without breaking any rules, and without the need to hurt anyone directly. It's all in good fun and games. People need to be riled up. It's one of life's greatest things. It's why I've liked you here. You don't tend to go mad easily. =P Makes me happy that people can be civil to each other without being a bunch of pussies.

And that's EXACTLY what I consider myself to be. Although I have my favorites, I'll play ANY sort of game, as long as it's fun and I'm in the mood. I just really dislike it when people start criticizing a genre, simply because they find it strange, or threatning to their way of gaming. =P Or worse, POPULAR!

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #781 on: September 11, 2010, 02:18:24 AM
POPULAR!

DAMMIT! now I want to watch Ratatouille for the 15th time!  THANKS! lol!

Aresian

Reply #782 on: September 11, 2010, 02:27:17 AM
Hey, already said before. I cause frustration and madness without breaking any rules, and without the need to hurt anyone directly. It's all in good fun and games. People need to be riled up. It's one of life's greatest things. It's why I've liked you here. You don't tend to go mad easily. =P Makes me happy that people can be civil to each other without being a bunch of pussies.

And that's EXACTLY what I consider myself to be. Although I have my favorites, I'll play ANY sort of game, as long as it's fun and I'm in the mood. I just really dislike it when people start criticizing a genre, simply because they find it strange, or threatning to their way of gaming. =P Or worse, POPULAR!

*nods* I tend to try to be a level headed person. I wasn't years ago, it still comes out when I'm too stressed out... but it's the eff'n internet. We come here to blow our horns and make asses of ourselves, more often than not. Besides that, I do enjoy the challenge. I haven't posted this much in... well, since RPM blew up a year and some change ago.

I consider myself an Omni-Gamer. I play all sorts of different kinds of games and enjoy them to varying degrees. I enjoy them for what they are. I do [sonic slicer] and complain about some things though, I'm human. I have moments of fear and weakness. (I sometimes fear that JRPGs will fade out... I know it won't but I do.) But I digress, Xehanort actually is significantly more interesting than "Ansem, Ruler of Darkness" and Emo Baby Xemnas. Granted, I like the final battle against Xemnas better than the other Xehanort-esque guy battles.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #783 on: September 11, 2010, 03:06:12 AM
*nods* I tend to try to be a level headed person. I wasn't years ago, it still comes out when I'm too stressed out... but it's the eff'n internet. We come here to blow our horns and make asses of ourselves, more often than not. Besides that, I do enjoy the challenge. I haven't posted this much in... well, since RPM blew up a year and some change ago.

I consider myself an Omni-Gamer. I play all sorts of different kinds of games and enjoy them to varying degrees. I enjoy them for what they are. I do [sonic slicer] and complain about some things though, I'm human. I have moments of fear and weakness. (I sometimes fear that JRPGs will fade out... I know it won't but I do.) But I digress, Xehanort actually is significantly more interesting than "Ansem, Ruler of Darkness" and Emo Baby Xemnas. Granted, I like the final battle against Xemnas better than the other Xehanort-esque guy battles.
Don't worry. Everyone has their times. And about the JRPG thing, even if they do dissapear, Dragon Quest will never change, and there will always be one or another game in the market, constantly appearing. Point and click games refuse to die, for example! Same with sidescrollers. It'll be okay.

And yep. Nimoy gives him a good quality level, although he's too Palpatine-ish. =P

Archer

Reply #784 on: September 11, 2010, 03:50:02 AM
I beat Terra's story on Critical. His final boss did cause some frustration, but he went down soon enough.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #785 on: September 11, 2010, 03:52:40 AM
I beat Terra's story on Critical. His final boss did cause some frustration, but he went down soon enough.
COUNTERCOUNTERCOUNTERCOUNTERCOUNTER

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #786 on: September 11, 2010, 03:57:39 AM
COUNTERCOUNTERCOUNTERCOUNTERCOUNTER

That and spamming the Shotlock. That was especially useful when he took his time to summon those boulders/meteors from the ground.

This is probably the hardest KH game to date. 2nd being CoM, for me anyway.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #787 on: September 11, 2010, 04:04:12 AM
I'm finding it ridiculously easy, aside from the bosses.

Hardest one for me was the DS title, but it was more because your character was unbelievably weak, with extremely limited gameplay.

Archer

Reply #788 on: September 11, 2010, 04:05:26 AM
Play Critical with Zero EXP if its too easy

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #789 on: September 11, 2010, 04:10:30 AM
Nope. I hate limiting games as a standard of higher difficulty. If the difficulty's bigger, the enemies should be more intelligent.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #790 on: September 11, 2010, 04:19:35 AM
Some of the things that made CoM tricky for me was the generally poor control. That and for some reason, i always had trouble defeating Marluxia and it was a huge pain in trying to land a decent combo on him most of the time.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #791 on: September 11, 2010, 04:31:48 AM
Marluxia wasn't that bad, kinda annoying, but not bad at all. The Riku replica on the other hand...oh, and Captain Hook, [tornado fang] those two.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #792 on: September 11, 2010, 04:41:39 PM
Marluxia wasn´t hard if you know how to dodge his attacks. Hook and Repliku were annoying, hook with his swaying ship, exploding presents and his sword combos... But the cheapest boss of the game would be ANSEM from Reverse rebirth....It´s the final boss ok, but he´s friggin cheap, I´m still not sure how I beat him.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #793 on: September 14, 2010, 05:01:22 AM
The end of this video. XD

[spoiler][youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBW0tbrlJYQ[/youtube][/spoiler]

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #794 on: September 14, 2010, 05:09:09 AM
Reminds me, I started the english version just now as Terra. You could say this is my first KH game, it's great, except for some minor details like how doesen't anyone notice Xenahort is a bad gu-is that Scrooge Mcduck?

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #795 on: September 14, 2010, 05:19:58 AM
is that Scrooge Mcduck?

Yum for ice cream~

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #796 on: September 14, 2010, 08:38:50 AM
Do you ever get to TALK to him, or is he just a sudden distant cameo everytime you go to Radiant Garden?

Archer

Reply #797 on: September 14, 2010, 09:33:02 AM
Ven and Aqua talk to him.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #798 on: September 14, 2010, 01:37:49 PM
Ah, good.

(sheds tears for everyone remembering Ducktales faggotry without ever remembering his KING OF THE MOTHERDUCKING KLONDIKE status ;____;)

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #799 on: September 14, 2010, 02:12:40 PM
(sheds tears for everyone remembering Ducktales faggotry without ever remembering his KING OF THE MOTHERDUCKING KLONDIKE status ;____;)
I remember.
My favorite moment from that comic was Scrooge tearing the [tornado fang] down entire ship bare handed.
And it was just after he was humiliated by the pig guy, and he learned his mother passed away.
;___;