Is this possible?

SoulAnimal · 18036

Offline Robert Oakes

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: May 01, 2009, 05:44:28 PM
I'm not quite sure about Z. You'd expect the legendary heroes to be strong, but X and Z were frowned upon by Prometheus.

Bad guys generally tend to underestimate the good guys. Prometheus looking down upon the Biometals doesn't mean they are truly inferior.

After all, the ultimate Mega Man was still defeated by what was regarded as an inferior (or incomplete) copy.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: May 03, 2009, 01:55:40 AM
Model Z is plenty strong. at least it looks it... I mean, id LOVE to use all the moves Giro uses on you when he fights. and gameplaywise, X is pretty damn strong.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: May 03, 2009, 10:46:10 AM
You know what would be awesome? Using Model X, and it being able to *gasp* copy the enemies weapons after you kill them. It would be the closest thing to controlling X with Zero series style gameplay mechanics.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #28 on: May 03, 2009, 02:25:42 PM
Or get upgrades as you progress through the game that do more than increase a number, that would be pretty nice too.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: May 03, 2009, 08:39:03 PM
in b4 Dr. Ciel in a capsule

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: May 04, 2009, 03:06:19 AM
aw dammit

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #31 on: May 10, 2009, 03:35:22 AM
Not so sure I'd want ZX to be an X-series clone.  Perhaps copying the other Biometal data instead of having to rip the Biometals themselves off their respective chosen ones and lose them every game, while expanding each Model's attacks somewhat, would be sufficient.

I'm not quite sure about Z. You'd expect the legendary heroes to be strong, but X and Z were frowned upon by Prometheus. Similar to the versatility of X and A, Z and by extension ZX might have a lot of untapped potential because of Zero's learning ability.
Well, ZX gets an extra skill in Advent, which varies by the Chosen One, so it is very well possible.  In fact I kind of expect it should we see any sequels.  Model ZX, in its initial appearance, doesn't even match up to a buster/saber Z1 Zero, due to lacking the dash-roll.  The only thing that really gives it an edge is the souped up aerial roll and the saber's ability to break the buster's damage barrier.  In terms of versatility Model ZX is actually pretty crappy.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)