VixyNyan · 8178

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
on: November 09, 2008, 01:38:16 AM
I'll advance this further with every step I take, starting with my RPM Book source and beyond that.

Main Cast - Heroes
ロックヴォルナット = rokku vuorunatto = Rock Volnutt
ロールキャスケット = ro-ru kiyasuketto = Roll Caskett
バレルキャスケット = bareru kiyasuketto = Barrel Caskett
データ = de-ta = Data

Main Cast - Villains
ティーゼルボーン = tei-zeru bo-n = Teisel Bonne
トロンボーン = toron bo-n = Tron Bonne
ボンボーン = bon bo-n = Bon Bonne
コブン = kobun = Kobun (henchman)

Rockman DASH 2
ユーナ = yu-na = Yuna
セラ = sera = Sera
ガガ = gaga = Gatz
ジジ = jiji = Geetz
ミュラー = miyura- = Mueller
バンコスカス = bankosukasu = Banconcus (Klaymoor)
ボーラ = bo-ra = Bola

Tron ni Kobun
ロース = ro-su = Loath
グライド = guraido = Glyde
シタッパー = shitappa- = Birdbot (underling)
デニッシュ = denisshiyu = Denise
ダンツ = dantsu = Dantz
パール = pa-ru = Pearl

Tron's Mecha Collection
グスタフ = gusutafu = Gustaff
グスタフタンク = gusutafu tanku = Gustaff Tank
ボーンバズーカ = bo-n bazu-ka = Bonne Bazooka
ゲゼルシャフト = gezerushiyafuto = Gesselschaft
コブン = kobun = Kobun
コブントラック = kobun torakku = Kobun Truck
コブンモール = kobun mo-ru = Kobun Mole
フェルケル = fuerukeru = Ferkel (Finkel)

Machines
ラファール = rafua-ru (Tron)
コンパーゲース = konpa-ge-su (Tron)

Reaverbots
ハンムルドール = hanmurudo-ru (DASH1)
ホロッコ = horokko (DASH1)
アルコイタン = arukoitan (DASH1)
キャンナム = kiyannamu (DASH1)
シャルクルス = shiyarukurusu (DASH1)
ラシマンムー = rashimanmu- (DASH2)
ジャイワン = jiyaiwan (DASH2)

Random Terms
リーバード = ri-ba-do = Reaverbot
マザー = maza- = Mother

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 01:42:27 AM
So the MASTER was the same or was that another name change like heaven, earth/terra, etc.

and were the Elder/Master systems also the real names or just english changes?

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 01:47:09 AM
If there aren't any facts found somewhere else or hinted by marshmallow man, I'll re-play the DASH series and help fill in the gaps.

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 01:49:57 AM
cool.

Aside from the ones you already listed the only name changes that came to mind were

-Heaven to Elysium
-Irregular Hunter to purifire.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 09, 2008, 03:03:36 AM
Irregular Hunter

It's not "Irregular Hunter" in the japanese version. It's simply that his purpose is similar to an Irregular Hunter and that their adversaries are called Irregulars.

From MarshmallowMan's posts:

Purifier is Shukuseikan, which roughly translates to "political perging official"

Bureaucrats are "Shiseikan" or "municipal government official"

Mother units are still designated Mother like in English, or Mother Computers, with Sera as Mother 0 (originally Mother 2 it would seem) and Yuna as Mother 1.

Servitors I'm not sure there's a single direct designation. They are sometimes referred to as "Shimobe" which means "manservant." That doesn't seem to be necessarily their designation title, though. They're also described as "intelligent latest design super-high grade" reaverbots, as well.

-Heaven to Elysium

Also referred to as Haven in ZX.

So the MASTER was the same or was that another name change like heaven, earth/terra, etc.

and were the Elder/Master systems also the real names or just english changes?

The english "Master" is used within the japanese game. Much like Master Albert, Master Thomas and Master Mikhail. "masuta." Different from "Master X" as in "X-sama." and "Lord Vile" as in "Bairu-sama." As such, it's also called Master System in the japanese game.

The term "Elder System" exist in neither the Japanese nor the English version. It's only referred to as the system that belongs to the Elders, it was not given a name like "The Master System". The Elders themselves are referred to as "Elder Gods."

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008, 11:50:37 PM
I'll advance this further with every step I take, starting with my RPM Book source and beyond that.

Any chance you can do things such as items and parts? I'm planning on ordering the PSP versions from PA, but the Kanji still bugs me  when it comes to Lunarglyphs.

Posted on: November 11, 2008, 03:49:14
Well in the end cleared the 1st game without much trouble with the Kanji. But it was disapointing in the loss of audio quality when ported over. Specifically the BGMs. They sounded like they were being played in stereo, but with a head phone/speaker missing.

About to start the 2nd later.

Also a Rockman DASH 1 and 2 bundle was announced a few weeks ago stated for jan 09.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #6 on: February 22, 2009, 07:24:55 PM
I really need to stop this habit of pinned-topic-neglect...

The term "Elder System" exist in neither the Japanese nor the English version.

In the English version, the bits referencing the Elders are spoken and do not exist in text.  Whether Sera refers to their system as "Elder System", "Elder's System", or "Elder's system" cannot be clearly distinguished.

The fact that Yuna doesn't refer to it in such strict terms means very little, given that the Master System is also informally referred to as simply "the System" by her, Sera, Gatz, and the Master.

Incidentally, this same uncertainty exists with the systems of Elysium and Terra when Yuna speaks of them after the battle with Geetz.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 30, 2009, 12:29:56 AM
I don't see how that changes the fact that they refer to it a very informally. It is always "the Elders", "the Elders and their machines", "their system" and that one instance of what could be "the Elders' System." Especially with the Japanese terminology in place, it was never anything comparable to a specific term or name of the system, it simply is the system that belongs to them.

If anything, you raise the question of whether or not "The Master System" is actually a term in the original instead of a product of localization.