Reply #2850 on: February 08, 2012, 02:29:45 PM
Vanquish on God Hard. Chaos. :'(

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #2851 on: February 09, 2012, 06:14:45 AM
I was playing Zelda 2 until I got to the Island Palace boss.

A blue Iron Knuckle on a horse are you [tornado fang]ing serious, the horse part isn't hard since it just moves back and forth but once he's off his horse he just spams sword beams like he's on crack, none of the other blue Iron Knuckles do that I wish I could just downstab [twin slasher] him because that stupid [tornado fang]ing shield is making me want to pour battery acid on my palms.

I think I'll wait until Nintendo releases the updated NES games with save states because I'm not good enough at retro classics to be playing them.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #2852 on: February 09, 2012, 02:07:04 PM
Jump-slash his head and keep repeating. 99.9% of the time, the shield will not block your attack. You won't fail.

Every Iron Knuckle can be dealt with, by doing a jump-slash attack.
Even if you get hit by beams, you can use the Shield spell beforehand and still survive (while having a Life spell ready just in case).

If you need some extra tips, look at my no game over, no save run.

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2853 on: February 12, 2012, 09:28:06 AM
Well that did the trick.
Thank you very much as I probably would've never known that I could do that.  :)
I think I should do some grinding before I attempt the next palace.

EDIT- Well I'm at the last palace before the great palace, Two more levels away from maxing link out. I'm rather happy for myself that I actually got this far, I think I should take a break now as the Dragon boss is being a pain to hit and I want to wait a bit before attempting the Great Palace.

Posted on: February 10, 2012, 02:54:27 AM
I was playing 3D Dot Game Heroes.
Then the Dash Circuit wore me out
Then Blockout pissed me off
Then the tentacle enemies in the Flame Temple irritated me
Then going through the flame temple 3-5 times having to re-do the entire thing because of the blocks resetting everytime ran my paitence thin
Then the dragon killed me twice.

Then I shut the game off.
Then I looked up how to get the Flame Wand I missed so I could go and get the Hero's Sword.
Then I forgot that Revival Point =/= Saving the game, so I was back at right before the Flame Temple.

Yeah, I'm never playing this game again.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #2854 on: February 12, 2012, 09:57:24 AM
So you're never playing the game again because you messed up?

Does not compute.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2855 on: February 12, 2012, 10:28:43 AM
So you're never playing the game again because you messed up?

Does not compute.

The flame temple is a test of paitence.

There are enemies in there that will knock all but half a heart out of you and take all your magic power, there are also those fun switches with the Red/Blue that make blocks rise/fall, the Darknut Equivilant enemy is in numerous places, though he also has the fun skill of running at you when he sees you and dashing at you if you try to run away from him.

If you at any point die before getting to the room before the boss and activating the teleporter, you have to start the whole damn temple over because the room that you need to pass through has those blocks set to the up position by default, so you need to go all the way back to where the switch was to set the blocks to go down.

Losing magic is a pain in the ass because in certain spots you need to use the Freeze Shader magic to destroy flames that impede your progress.

I didn't save anything in the temple because the game doesn't save upon death unless you choose not to continue (It should ask regardless what if i want to save and continue thats a [tornado fang]ing staple of the zelda-type game design.) And setting revival points doesn't save, again that's real stupid.
I don't even understand why no autosave, or a save menu its not like the select button is being used for anything.

I got through that hell and didn't save, I don't really want to go through again. Guess it helps that I don't have to worry about ever playing spelunker mode since I sure as hell wouldn't be able to beat it.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #2856 on: February 12, 2012, 06:15:55 PM
So it sounds to me like you need to discover the fine art of patience.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #2857 on: February 12, 2012, 11:59:00 PM
Finished Vanquish on God Hard. Never touching THAT again.

Now playing Metroid Prime 2 with some serious sequence breaking. The trick to keep all items from the start is so awesome, you can explore places out of order and get a lot of stuff early. :D

Offline megaman24681012

• Toa of Ice
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Shoulda chose a better name.
    • View Profile
Reply #2858 on: February 13, 2012, 12:06:28 AM
I'm relapsing into a Pokemon craze again. Ran through HeartGold; Once I beat Red I will go through SoulSilver with a new team.

Considering my new DSi is freaking awesome, I can play Megaman ZX and ZXA without my dash button screwing up at integral parts of the game.

Disappointing that I have a sweeping backlog of games to get around to playing (Rogue Galaxy, Muramasa Hard mode, Red Dead Redemption, etc.) that I can't play because my parents are anti-gaming Nazis. >.> (BTW I'm 17).

Kopaka: "That leaves you and I, Tahu Nuva."
Tahu: "No. That leaves only me."

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #2859 on: February 16, 2012, 05:08:11 AM
Prismatic Solid (XBLIG). Miraculously, I managed to actually get the "☆Clear 3rd round" and "☆Score 1,000,000" pseudo-PSN Trophies in this game, which are not easy to accomplish by the way (and maybe one of the hardest next to "☆Clear EXTRA with no miss" and yet haven't succeed in doing).

[spoiler=How it all went down]At first I was like "You know, I haven't played this game in a good while, so let's see what I can do," then during the third round scoring over 760,000+ was I like "Hey maybe I can do it this time and beat the third round with 1,000,000 points". Then I got to Stage 4 - ATOM's triple boss which was a complete nightmare with frickin' laser spamming and 7-pixel crack of safety hardly visable on this sucky 4:3 SDTV. "Oh $%&#!!" was exactly going on in my head as soon those -- THINGS took my last 4 lives with little effort. Thankfully I lived through the laser beam onslaught and made it to Stage 5 - SHAFT with 2 lives and 1,000,000+ points, but when things became intense again with the second and third Polyhedrons, I was like "Please God, don't let those damn polygonal abominations kill me here when I've come so close getting that pseudo-Trophy". Finally I let out a sigh of relief knowing I finished the third round... only to be introduced  how nightmare-ish Round 4 is (lost on Stage 2 - WATER).[/spoiler]

For a buck (80 Microsoft Points), this old-school shooter is definitely worth it.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2860 on: February 23, 2012, 05:49:25 PM
I FINALLY DID IT!
I finally beat Zelda 2!

Now I don't know what else to play.

Posted on: February 18, 2012, 09:08:22 PM
Well i decided to go back to 3D Dot Game Heroes, feeling confident after beating Zelda 2 I figured the game deserved to get another chance.
Good thing I decided to pick up a new sword, I was able to get through the Flame Temple without dying.

So now I'm at the near end of the game, One temple and the Dark Tower left to beat, and naturally some more minigames from hell, and some pointless sidequests with pointless key items so I can hopefully get all of the swords in this one go so I don't have to do the minigames from hell again to get the swords that come from those.

Posted on: February 21, 2012, 05:45:49 AM
Well after a frustrating revelation of missing one single key item about halfway through the game I missed out on collecting the coveted Moon Sword and grinding small blocks to obtain the last few swords. Oh well, got a completed bestiary so I don't have to worry about it later.

Starting on FROM Mode, I intend on following the walkthrough on Gamefaqs so I don't miss a single [tornado fang]ing thing, because I really don't want to do Dash Circuit again (Even though I have improved, less resets and it appears my twitchy reflexes are coming back.) The game is going a lot faster now, no deaths (Any that do happen are not continued from, might as well go for a few trophies.), a lot more money, all thanks to buying the Excalibur sword from King Block in my first playthrough (The Small Block Swords are the only ones that cross over to a new save), though I will say its rather [tornado fang]ing annoying that they upped the amount of enemies that appear in the overworld, Blue Dragons and Crystal Slimes appear more often, which is nice to get Small Blocks/Money, but those Dragons can rip you apart easily. And a lot of the areas now have Cloudon enemies, fast, annoying fuckers that float above you and shoot you with Lightning, since the spawn rate has increased you can occasionally find an area with 6-7 of these just clumped together, which is a pain since you can't kill them until you beat the Aqua Temple and get Freeze, but it takes a lot of magic.

I'm right back to the point at where I ragequit, it shouldn't be too bad this time though.

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #2861 on: February 24, 2012, 12:23:51 AM
Started Sly 3: Honour Among Thieves.

There are dialogue trees.

Why.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #2862 on: February 26, 2012, 04:06:28 AM
Stopped playing Uncharted 3 for a while after the lackluster story campaign. Came back to play online multiplayer and goddamn, I can't put it down.

I'm also very close to 3-starring everything in Mario Kart 7.

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #2863 on: February 27, 2012, 12:25:08 AM
How hard is the 3-star thing in MK7? I got a 1-star average in MKWii and that was frustrating enough. Bought MK7 a couple weeks ago, haven't touched yet.

Just finished Metroid Prime 3: Corruption today. Also been playing Metroid Fusion on the 3DS whenever I have just a little bit of free time.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #2864 on: February 27, 2012, 05:07:59 AM
It's much more forgiving on MK7. I've 3-starred all of 50cc and the one 100cc cup I've played (been busier with SM3DL and Tales of the Abyss... :P)

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #2865 on: February 27, 2012, 05:57:02 AM
Also been playing Metroid Fusion on the 3DS whenever I have just a little bit of free time.

I beat that one a few days ago on 3DS too. XD

I still have my GBA cart as well and beat that many years ago.
I think I did better on the 3DS version tho, since I found more items there. :3

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #2866 on: February 27, 2012, 12:17:38 PM
Much thanks for the help, Mirby. :D

Vix, I also own the GBA cart, and managed to find 100% on my own, which is kinda rare for me in Metroid games. Glad they at least tell you how many items are located in an area! I'm playing the 3DS version slowly, but 100% is inevitable.
:)

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #2867 on: March 03, 2012, 07:52:41 PM
I finally 3-starred Mario Kart 7. I'm not sure what I did differently from last time, to not get the rank. I'll probably just do online from now on, with some time trials occasionally.

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #2868 on: March 04, 2012, 12:08:50 AM
I beat Wario Land Advance again (WL4), on 3DS this time~ Got all 12 treasures and met the beautiful princess. :3

I think I will re-play Yoshi's Island next, and get 100 on each level.

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #2869 on: March 04, 2012, 03:46:49 AM
Got my regular fan-gasm over Xtreme2's Ultimate Buster today.

Been replaying X6 as well, and I'll probably do an Unarmored 100% LP video just to smite Treleus.  It'll be painful as hell, though.

Also still strutting my stuff in Mario Kart 7 (working towards the golden kart and glider yet; over 7000 in both VR and coins), and good ol' Yoshi's Island.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2870 on: March 07, 2012, 04:21:22 AM
Alright, time for me to catch up on everything.

I beat FROM mode in 3D Dot Game Heroes, collected all of the swords, and have essentially beaten the game 100%. I have Spelunker Mode to play, which will be tough but with a strong sword right at the beginning it shouldn't be too difficult.

I went back to Metroid and got the 2nd Best Ending. Which is probably the best that I'll get for a very long time as I really don't enjoy playing through Metroid 1 thanks to Kraid's lair. If it weren't for that crappy thing with the blocks it really wouldn't be so bad.

Currently I'm playing LittleBigPlanet 2 to collect the rest of the trophies. I only have 1 Silver, 4 Bronze, and 1 Gold left.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #2871 on: March 10, 2012, 09:30:22 PM
Panzer Dragoon Orta (original Xbox). Damn, why didn't I track this one down 7 years ago when I had the old, fat, bloated piece of gaming machinery that is the old Xbox (I even watched an episode of Cheat! on G4TV featuring among other games before Cory Rouse got replaced). To me, this game is the Xbox's equivalent to Sin and Punishment: Successor of the Earth except with dragons and healthy dose of RayStorm-esque Macross missile masacre thrown in for good measure. Even by standards, this game still looks and runs great (aside from the occasional crashing and graphical glitching of running it on an Xbox 360, though the crashing could be the used disc that I unfortunately got), the soundtrack is beautiful, and Pandora's Box has plenty of unlockables and secrets to keep any dragon-rider happy for months to come (even the original Panzer Dragoon from the Sega Saturn is unlockable). This game is highly recommended.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #2872 on: March 11, 2012, 02:27:22 AM
Overthrew Sonic and Knuckles like it was nothing (final score was past the 1k mark), and picked up my Reshriam in Pokemon White.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #2873 on: March 11, 2012, 02:59:21 AM
Just downloaded Punch-Out!! on my 3DS.  It's a great game to have on-the-go, but man, the small screen makes picking up the visual cues a little harder.  Maybe a sharper/unscaled image would help, but oh well.  Still awesome.

Just got my Level 100 Reshiram.  So tomorrow I start exploring the Pokemon Dream World again, I guess (I STILL need to drudge my way through getting enough points for my frikkin' Dream World Dratini....)

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Reply #2874 on: March 12, 2012, 10:16:24 AM
I ended up settling for a Timid Reshiram, because I wasn't getting Modest.

As for PDW, I've been using this a few times lately. I got my Immunity Gligar-F (setting up for a Toxheal-set Gliscor) this way :D

---

And at the moment... fiddling between Super Pokemon Rumble, Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3, Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time.

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations