Blue Valkyrie's Stuff

Blue Valkyrie · 79858

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #875 on: September 21, 2016, 07:07:21 PM
I feel like I'm in the minority who doesn't really care much for SoM and SoM2's ost that much.  :\

Been going back through the music choosing more living music thats not stuf to the early 3D counsels.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #876 on: September 21, 2016, 08:03:13 PM
[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5wJMKmtbkU[/yt]

Try using this?

One of my all time favorite boss themes.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #877 on: September 21, 2016, 10:17:46 PM
[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5wJMKmtbkU[/yt]

Try using this?

One of my all time favorite boss themes.

ooo I like that one! *saves for future battle plans*  8D

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #878 on: August 24, 2017, 04:27:17 PM
Whelp RIP Blue Valkyrie Adventure.  :(

In the mean time here have some pocket sized Blue!

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #879 on: August 24, 2017, 05:11:53 PM
But yeah Blue needs to be human so...still looking for armor to replicate her bathingsuit wearing preferences.  8D

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
Reply #880 on: August 24, 2017, 05:23:18 PM
Mini blue is adorbs owo

Fear me.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #881 on: August 24, 2017, 05:25:13 PM
Blue got hit by the mini spell  8D

Was thinking of writing up a story in my spare time and using screenies from the game to show stuff thats happening.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #882 on: August 31, 2017, 04:22:49 PM
Blue Valkyrie aka Ruelia Valkyrie (Blue is more a nickname by her friends and allies)

Born on the mainland to a family of little importance in a village of even less note, her life of poverty turned for the better when her untrained magical potential gained the attention of a red clad spectacled mage who offered to be a teacher to not only bring out her potential but teach her both White and Black magic arts ontop of swordplay for the bard was a red mage a user of all forms of magic and fencer to boot.

For several years Ruelia traveled the lands following her teacher even meeting other students who had since begun to strike out on their own and Ruelia found herself well adapted to both schools of magic and even enjoyed the swordplay employed by the fighting style. Ruelia like many of her master's pupils eventually set out on her own gaining a fascination for the tales of the ancient "Deep Dungeons" scattered across the world and desired to learn more...her martial skills proving quite effective at surviving these otherwise dangerous places.

Equipment

Ruelia typically wields a shortsword/Saber/Rapier in her main hand and a catalyst in the other-a small floating crystal that channels her mana into effective spells, the crystal normally floats freely controled by Blue's hand movements when in use but can also be attacked to the pomel of her blade to create a makeshift staff on the fly. She tends to wear light clothing or light armor as being nimble on her feet is a cornerstone to a Red Mage's fighting style.

Spells and Abilities
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sygV4tIP8qI&index=1&list=PLUC1Am4T5paDHvLR0GSGIVVytSQy-x6bx[/youtube]

(I recommend watching in fullscreen so you know what skills are what, I dont use Tether or Moulinet though oops)

Ruelia utilizes a mix of white and black spells as well as quick blinding fencing attacks and evasive maneuvers to retreat before an enemy can strike back. Because mastery of both Black and White magic is not the way of the Red, Ruelia relies heavily on the secret technique of the Red Mages, "Dual Cast" allowing a second spell to be instantly cast without any requirement cast time-this allows a red mage to cast a quick weak spell like Jolt then chain in a stronger elemental spell right after avoiding it's ponderous charging time.

The primary issues Red Mages must deal with in battle however is the managing of both white and black mana-the more balanced they are between the two the more powerfull their spells are-as people who master one art or the other this is never and issue for they are always intune with their own magic a red mage runs the risk of losing balance and having their spells suffer in strength as such many of their non-elemental spells help raise their mana in equal fashion.

Red Magic

Dual Cast - The cornerstone of all Red Mage spells, as the Red mage cannot master both white and black mana at once they often suffer longer cast times for many spells of those schools, Dual Cast is triggered every time a Red Mage lands a magic spell allowing them to instantly cast another spell of their choice with no cast time (although the drain on MP is unchanged)

Jolt/Jolt II - The basic bread and butter spell of all Red Mages, the magic does only light to moderate damage and has no element but is quick to cast and reliable in most situations, easily triggering Dual cast for more powerful spells; it raises white and black mana equally

Tether - A non-elemental spell that binds enemies in place for a short time around the target.

Scatter - A non-elemental spell that deals light damage to the target and enemies around it, it raises black and white mana equally.

Fleche - a non-elemental spell that transforms the user's mana into blades of light that home in on the target from multiple angles, it has an instant cast time and is usefull for support fire.

Contre Sixte - A variant on the Fleche spell- the user generate further blades and launches them as an AOE attack dealing light to medium damage once again with an instant cast time but like Fleche requires some rest between castings.

Acceleration - A support spell that ensures the next casting of Verthunder or Veraero will trigger the users ability to cast Verfire or Verstone

Embolden - a support spell that raises the user's magical power as well as any ally nearby for a short time.

Manafication - A support spell that doubles the current stores of white and black mana of the user and resets the cool downs on the techniques likenCorps-a-Corps and Displacement allowing the red mage to charge in for melee attacks and retreat more often and unleash their ultimate spells more often, the spell it'self does have an extensive cool down however.

Impact - The strongest of the unique Red Mage spells, impact deals higher damage than Jolt and even raises mana equally more quickly however the spell is a continuation of the Jolt magic and as such can only be cast when Jolt or Jolt II successfully connect triggering the new spell.

Black Magic

Verthunder - A variant of the Thunder magic, it doesnt deal as high damage as if a black mage had cast thunder but raises black mana by a significant level, however as Red Mages lack the mastery of Black magic the cast time for this spell is quite long and Red mages must wait for Dual Cast to trigger to effective utilize this magic in battle. Verthunder can trigger the use of the more powerfull spell Verfire.

Verfire - A more advanced black magic spell and a variant of the basic Fire spells, the spell is only triggered by chance when Verthunder is cast but deals higher damage and raises black mana for the user more drastically. It has a normal spell cast time however and does not require Dual Cast to use efficiently.

Verflare - The strongest of all the Red Mage's black magic Verflare can ONLY be cast when the Red Mage has unleashed all their built up Black and White mana in a flurry of physical strikes allowing them to cast a weaker varient of the Flare spell to inflict high damage on a single target AND regain a substantial amount of Black Mana, the spell has no cast time but cannot be cast again until the user's mana are once again at max and in balance.

White Magic

Veraero - a variant on the White Mage's Aero spell-dealing equal damage to Verthunder the spell helps build white mana quickly but like it's counterpart has a woefully slow cast time and can only be realistically used through Dual Casting. Veraero has a chance to trigger the more powerfull spell Verstone.

Verstone - a varient on the Stone spell, this magic is the counter part to the Verfire spell and has the same effect on building white mana as well as it possessing a normal cast time.

VerHoly - Acting as the white mana counterpart of Verflare, Verholy can only be unleashed during the height of a redmage's power when all built up mana is expended allowing a quick regain of white mana depending on what of the two manas are currently lower after the red mage's power subsides.

Vercure - While not as powerful as a white mage's variant of the spell Vercure heals moderately and can be dual cast in a pinch for the user or ally. It also does not suffer from a long cast time although it also cant build up white mana.

Verraise - A variant of the Raise or Revive white magic spells, it mostly acts the same way but requires more MP from the caster than a White mage casting the base version. It does have a slow cast time like all revival magicks but can also be chain cast through Dual Cast.

Sword techniques

Riposte -> Zwerchhau -> Redoublement - While redmages often lack the physical strength of melee focused jobs they do infuse their attacks with the mana they build up over time turning this simple fencing combo into the start of a devastating physical/magical onsaught that unleashes all the power of the Red at once ending with the cast of a high level white or black magic spell.

Moulinet - a sword tech that unleashes a cone of mana in front of the user dealing damage to enemies ahead, it consumes some of the built of mana of a red mage.

Corps-de-Corps - Infusing mana into their movements a Red Mage dashes forward toward the target quickly closing any distance allowing the user to begin their powerfull melee combo.

Displacement - a spell that alters the gravity around the caster allowing them to leap a great distance back once their power is expended in their melee combo and giving the space needed to resume casting once again.

Ruelia/Blue will be a RPing character mostly but also give me a hero for any stories I might want to post, I plan to use FF14 footage to give a visual to stuff I describe. I have a story plotted up but I'm just waiting for a good day off to start typing.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 04:41:05 PM by Blue Valkyrie »