Super Smash Bros. Bitchslap: What Do You Want To See In It?

Jericho · 144827

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #350 on: September 12, 2009, 10:38:12 AM

Bub & Bob
Yes those two adorable Bubble Bobble/Puzzle Bobble bubble blowing dragons are blowing bubbles brilliantly because of being in Bitchslap.  As you can probably guess, Bub & Bob work as a pair and support one another, much like the Ice Climbers do.  However, as you can also guess, their specialty are bubbles and lots of em.  Coming up with a B moveset for these two wasn't easy, but here's hoping it works out.  I based it on the idea of them playing "keep away" with their bubbles, as well as the capture aspect.  Bubbles!

Standard B: Bubble Capture
Bub & Bob will blow bubbles from their mouths and if the bubble touches anyone while shooting forward, it will capture them inside.  Being caught inside the bubble does no damage, and opponents can free themselves from the bubble by pressing buttons rapidly.  Bub or Bob can push the Bubble forward.  If Bub & Bob pop the bubble, opponent will take decent damage & knockback.  
Up B: Bubble Bounce
Bob will blow bubbles under Bub (or visa versa depending on who's in control) which Bub can jump on top of.  If on the ground, Bob will continue to blow bubbles under Bub and form a bubble wall.  If in the air, Bob will blow bubbles under Bub and create a bubble platform for Bub to jump on or walk across.  
Forward B: Rapid Bubbles
Bub & Bob will fire bubbles rapidly forward for more distance than their Standard B bubbles.  Rapid Bubbles will not capture opponents, but instead push them back.
Down B: Power Bubbles
Bob will blow one of three types of bubbles under Bub for him to pop; Water, Fire, or Electric.  
-Fire Bubbles release a fire droplet which spreads out in both directions when it touches the platform. Does average damage and no knockback
-Water Bubbles release a stream of water that will travel along the ground and drag anyone caught by the water with it.  Can be jumped out of and does no damage.
-Electric Bubbles release a electric bolt which travels in the opposite direction that Bub is facing. Does little damage and decent knockback.

Final Smash: Baron von Blubba
Bub & Bob summon Baron von Blubba onto the screen.  Baron von Blubba remains on the screen for 20 seconds, hunting down Bub & Bob's opponents.  Touching Baron von Blubba equals instant death.  Baron von Blubba starts off slowly, but he increases speed as time passes.  Baron von Blubba can be dodged.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #351 on: September 12, 2009, 11:34:16 PM
Heh heh! Two very nice concepts, Blues!

Now, let's see...

Metal's Side+B sounds ok, but a bit in the way of boring, in my eyes. Another "Robot-style" laser could work, but I would rather Metal have access to a "Smash-ified" version of that "yellow glowing dash" attack of his (as seen in CD and Triple Trouble, at least).

Functionally, it could serve a similar means to Sonic's own Side+B: it's speedy and it's nice escape/clear-out mechanism. The main difference would be that it could serve as more of a decent "Psycho Crusher" style attack. Unlike similar attacks (like Pikachu's and Weegee's), it would actually go through opposition, so that Metal would end up on the other side of them.

Scan also sounds VERY nice, but it also sounds like the beginnings of being a highly unbalanced character. 8D At the least, maybe like Kirby, he can have the "new moveset" knocked out of him, if he's hit enough.

Final Smash - Metal Overlord sounds fine, even I think it should be possibly utilized in a different way. I was thinking more along the lines of something like Snake's Final, except that maybe Metal Overlord could be to the side of the screen, and rain destruction down that way!

Now, Bub and Bob! Bubble Dragons, go! I really can't find any fault with the concept and movelist, it's practically perfect. One thing I would recommend? The Down+B. Power Bubbles sounds like a great thing, which could only be added to with an extra twist. EXTEND. Every so often (like maybe 1/100 chance), one of those damn bubbles should appear. If Bub and Bob can get all of those bubbles, AWESOME THINGS SHOULD HAPPEN.

I'm thinking like the various, over the top effects that could happen in the games. Giant Bolts of Lightning! Flash Flooding! Etc., etc.! In short, everyone else dying, and Bub and Bob get food to eat to replinish their precious energy.

In short, it would be basically the equivalent of a "free Final Smash". But considering that the Extend Bubbles would only appear once every so often (and even there, I could be crueler, and make it so multiples of the same bubble may appear), you really would EARN it, if you got it. Just like in the games! 8D

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #352 on: September 13, 2009, 06:15:23 AM
Heh heh! Two very nice concepts, Blues!

Now, let's see...

Metal's Side+B sounds ok, but a bit in the way of boring, in my eyes. Another "Robot-style" laser could work, but I would rather Metal have access to a "Smash-ified" version of that "yellow glowing dash" attack of his (as seen in CD and Triple Trouble, at least).

Functionally, it could serve a similar means to Sonic's own Side+B: it's speedy and it's nice escape/clear-out mechanism. The main difference would be that it could serve as more of a decent "Psycho Crusher" style attack. Unlike similar attacks (like Pikachu's and Weegee's), it would actually go through opposition, so that Metal would end up on the other side of them.

Scan also sounds VERY nice, but it also sounds like the beginnings of being a highly unbalanced character. 8D At the least, maybe like Kirby, he can have the "new moveset" knocked out of him, if he's hit enough.

Final Smash - Metal Overlord sounds fine, even I think it should be possibly utilized in a different way. I was thinking more along the lines of something like Snake's Final, except that maybe Metal Overlord could be to the side of the screen, and rain destruction down that way!

Well, I thought that the Black Shield would constitute the Yellow Glowing Shield thing.  Also, for the Side B, I was thinking of making it the Razor Spin Dash as well too, just a quick dash, similar to Yoshi's Egg. 

LoL, oh I said he'd be overpowered.  However yeah, having it knocked out of him does seem a little fair, I suppose.   8)

And yeah, that's another possibility for Metal Overlord too.  LoL, I also thought of making it where if he scans a character, he gets their Final Smash as well, but I thought that might be a LITTLE overboard!   8D

Now, Bub and Bob! Bubble Dragons, go! I really can't find any fault with the concept and movelist, it's practically perfect. One thing I would recommend? The Down+B. Power Bubbles sounds like a great thing, which could only be added to with an extra twist. EXTEND. Every so often (like maybe 1/100 chance), one of those damn bubbles should appear. If Bub and Bob can get all of those bubbles, AWESOME THINGS SHOULD HAPPEN.

I'm thinking like the various, over the top effects that could happen in the games. Giant Bolts of Lightning! Flash Flooding! Etc., etc.! In short, everyone else dying, and Bub and Bob get food to eat to replinish their precious energy.

In short, it would be basically the equivalent of a "free Final Smash". But considering that the Extend Bubbles would only appear once every so often (and even there, I could be crueler, and make it so multiples of the same bubble may appear), you really would EARN it, if you got it. Just like in the games! 8D

I thought of making the Giant Lightning Bolts their Final Smash too.  Also, the reason I didn't add in the EXTEND bubbles to the Power Bubbles was mainly cause I have those bubbles on their Level too.  But, in all honesty, I like your idea of putting them in.  Heh, I don't know about instant death.  One really awesome possibility would be that it literally switches the Level you're playing on.  THAT would be [tornado fang]ing awesome.   8)

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #353 on: November 14, 2009, 07:38:24 PM
So, since I'm in a bit of a silly mood and have an idea I want to leave here, it's time for some thread revival. In this update we are going to discuss one particular main of the Mario cast who has been shafted one too many times from a chance on the battlefield, namely:

Toad

As one of the premier mascots of the Mario world and Nintendo in general, THE Toad has been clamoring to be more than just a part of Peach's menagerie since Super Smash Bros. Melee. As such, what better way to start this thread up again that to define his move sets? My inspiration for his moves come from a evolution of his Super Mario Bros. 2 USA style with one nod to the Toads in New! Super Mario Bros. Wii. The mixture of his superior lifting speed, sprinting ability & unreal upper body strength make him a prime candidate for the one type of fighter that the Smash roster, as diverse as it is, has always needed; the judo/grappler.

A Button: Jab/Jab Combo

Press the A Button once to jab. Toad jabs his arm out for an open palm type strike. Pressing the button again will follow up with a similar strike from the other arm. The last strike is an upward strike using the bottom of his palm to lightly "pop" his opponent upward.

Forward Tilt A: Extended Jab

Tilt the control stick forward and press A to have Toad do an open palm jab with a longer reach, greater knock back, and somewhat higher damage than the standard jabs.

Smash A: Quick Knee

Quickly tap the control stick and A Button forward to make Toad knee the opponent in front of himself. (Think of Snake's forward tilt in Brawl)

Down Smash: Quick Spin

Quickly tap the control stick down & A Button to make Toad spin in place with his arms extended, dealing two solid open palm blows on either side of himself. (Think of a two step Mario Tornado/Luigi Whirlwind)

Standard B: Freeze Ball
Perhaps the only projectile move in his arsenal, this move derives itself from New! Super Mario Bros. Wii. Toad shoots a single bouncing ball of Ice from his palm. It bounces farther than Mario or Luigi's fireballs, hits slightly harder and has a slight chance of freezing the opponent, but Toad has a much slower rate of fire (less than half of Mario's in Brawl).

Forward B: Reversal
When holding the control stick forward and pressing B, Toad grabs the opponent in front of himself and hurls them forward in a lightning quick motion. This move also allows him to take control of an oncoming opponent's approach as Toad skillfully snatches them and hurls them back in the direction they approached from with moderate damage and decent knock back. When timed right and sweet spotted, it can override the priority of an oncoming enemy attack, leading to some amazing grapple plays. Hurled opponents can also be used as heavy projectiles against others.

You can influence the angle at which the character will be thrown briefly by holding B before the final throw. Toad will hold the character for a quick instance until the angle is lined up, or the instance is over, at which he'll throw the character straight forward.

Tapping the control stick forward and pressing B changes the nature of this move into a more aggressive horizontal lunge forward where Toad jumps to about Mario height vertically in an attempt to bring his opponent down to the ground. After this, he then rolls and flings his opponent forward. It can also be used in midair for horizontal recovery or a suplex similar to Kirby's back throw. Very useful for "Ganoncide" like trickery. 8D

Up B: Tornado Toss

Using a propeller (similar to that of the propeller suit in NSMBWii) stored in his trademarked hat, Toad takes a mighty whirling jump into the air, snatching up any opponents nearby or within his whirlwind and upon reaching the apex of his jump, tosses them straight downward into the ground or off stage. (It is possible to recover from this move if it happens off stage, just jump. The higher the damage you have however, the harder it will be to escape the wind pressure downward from the throw.) After the jump, Toad will spin with his arms outward and float downward for recovery.

Down B: "Droopy" Counter

Anyone who has watched the old school "Droopy The Dog" cartoons knows the drill with this one. Whenever an opponent strikes Toad with a close range attack after he assumes his defensive position, he will quickly reach out and grab his opponent and slam them into the ground behind him. For every rounded up 10% of damage the attack does, Toad will alternate slamming the offending opponent on the ground behind or in front of himself. After the last of these slams, he'll let go and the momentum shoots his opponent into the air. The only downside to this maneuver is that Toad, while he takes no knock back damage, will always take half the damage of the opponent's attack, so be careful with it! The move is also useless against projectile attacks.

Final Smash - Grab 'n' Go!

Toad turns super (dunno how this would be represented though XD) and picks up an extra burst of strength and agility in this Warioman like Final Smash. As he dashes about, he can pick up players he passes by pressing B and carry them on his head while moving at the same speed a la Super Mario Bros. 2 USA. He can also hurl them with unbelievable amounts of force by pressing B yet again. Toad will then jump a fair height and depending on the direction the control stick is tilted, he will toss them in said direction, with explosive results. You can also press down on the control stick and B when he isn't carrying anything to have him pluck either a Mega Veggie, POW Block, or Super Bombs (all larger than usual) out of the ground.

Mega Veggies have high knock back & do OK damage but typically only hit one character at a time, POW blocks do no damage but cause all characters on the ground to lose their footing for a second, and Super Bombs have massive a blast radius, deal heavy damage and cause tremendous knock back (or up), but are very rare to pull up.

Pros
+ Hits hard; moves fast.
+ Small form is hard to hit.
+ Great recoveries.
+ Final Smash is decent.

Cons
- Light weight makes him easy to knock out.
- Style is highly situational outside of choice approaches.
- COMPLETELY vulnerable during his recoveries.

Taunts

- Pulls up a tiny turnip & turns to the crowd mimicking it's expression.
- Pulls up a pixellated mushroom from SMB2 & lies back on it.
- Pulls up a potion bottle & summons a gag Sub-con door. Steps through it and has it fall over as he goes through it.
- Hat slides down his head, covering his face leading to him shivering and frightened until he fixes it.

More later!

Offline HokutoNoBen

• RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #354 on: November 15, 2009, 12:58:42 AM
Very, VERY interesting character. And certainly would be an interesting character to add, right alongside the likes of Jr (who I think has the next Mario character slot for SSB4 in the bag).

Another thing I'd recommend? Well, playing to how Toad was basically a powerlifter in USA, I would say, make it so Toad could actually hoist people above his head before he can throw them, not unlike how DK and a number of the other heavies can do it from their throws. Sure, it'd be certainly funny seeing such a lil guy able to do such things like one of the big dudes, but that could directly play to how Toad is supposed to be more along the lines of a SNK-style, light-weight grappler.  8)

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #355 on: November 15, 2009, 01:08:25 AM
Hmm, good thought Ben. I just thought it'd be a bit broken if Toad could just freely pick a character up and move about with 'em at will, hence why I limited it to being a Final Smash trait mostly. (Then again, playing "keep away" with some friends' characters would be priceless.)

Oh, something I neglected to mention there, all of Toad's grapples and throws have the Super Mario Bros. 2 "pick up" & "throw" sound effects for added laughs. XD

Offline HokutoNoBen

• RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #356 on: November 15, 2009, 01:46:51 AM
Hmm, good thought Ben. I just thought it'd be a bit broken if Toad could just freely pick a character up and move about with 'em at will, hence why I limited it to being a Final Smash trait mostly. (Then again, playing "keep away" with some friends' characters would be priceless.)

Oh, something I neglected to mention there, all of Toad's grapples and throws have the Super Mario Bros. 2 "pick up" & "throw" sound effects for added laughs. XD

It wouldn't be broken, in my opinion.

The way you design Toad, you basically make him out to be a guy who's GOTTA get up in the opposition's grill in order to do the most damage. The Ice Ball being a slow moving projectile, that could have a chance of freezing the opposition (or at least, giving them enough hit stun so that he could take advantage of that), plays well to his style of play.

Yet, he's also a lightweight that will definitely pay for any such mistakes that are made. A heavyweight grappler would probably still be able to have him for lunch, especially when you consider how the heavyweights are prone to having autoguard for their heavier hits, and increased range on their own throws. Likewise, I could imagine any one ranging from the Mario Bros., Peach, Link, Samus and etc. being able to play an effective keep-away game, because Toad's shorter range and less effective projectile will force him to have to get in, or face the possibility of being worn down before he even gets a chance of making a grapple attempt.

So in short, ol boy Kinopio (Toad) has the makings for a nice high-risk, high-reward character. He would need to be an especially speedy grappler (which you say he would be, so that's good!), in order for him to stand a chance at the rest of the cast, though.

Also, he'd should to be able to use that Side B in the middle of the air, too. Especially since Air Combat is always so important in these games. Maybe the Air Version would actually make it so he have a little boost forward, to serve as a nice end for an air combo... ^^

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #357 on: November 15, 2009, 02:15:19 AM
It wouldn't be broken, in my opinion.

The way you design Toad, you basically make him out to be a guy who's GOTTA get up in the opposition's grill in order to do the most damage. The Ice Ball being a slow moving projectile, that could have a chance of freezing the opposition (or at least, giving them enough hit stun so that he could take advantage of that), plays well to his style of play.

Yet, he's also a lightweight that will definitely pay for any such mistakes that are made. A heavyweight grappler would probably still be able to have him for lunch, especially when you consider how the heavyweights are prone to having autoguard for their heavier hits, and increased range on their own throws. Likewise, I could imagine any one ranging from the Mario Bros., Peach, Link, Samus and etc. being able to play an effective keep-away game, because Toad's shorter range and less effective projectile will force him to have to get in, or face the possibility of being worn down before he even gets a chance of making a grapple attempt.

So in short, ol boy Kinopio (Toad) has the makings for a nice high-risk, high-reward character. He would need to be an especially speedy grappler (which you say he would be, so that's good!), in order for him to stand a chance at the rest of the cast, though.

Also, he'd should to be able to use that Side B in the middle of the air, too. Especially since Air Combat is always so important in these games. Maybe the Air Version would actually make it so he have a little boost forward, to serve as a nice end for an air combo... ^^

Air chasing, hell yes, especially with that note I made about the similarities to Ganonciding (Side B over a ledge). XD

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #358 on: November 15, 2009, 08:53:41 AM
Very nice, Jericho!  I like it, and I like it a lot.

Posted on: November 15, 2009, 12:02:00 AM
One thing I might add to Toad is to make his Air Down A another Grapple, similar to how he lands on someone's head and picks them up in SMB2.

Posted on: November 15, 2009, 01:54:56 AM
Toad's Turnpike

In honor of Jericho's new character, I figure he deserves his own stage as well.  And quite frankly, I can't think of a more fitting stage to give him other than his very own Turnpike from Mario Kart 64.  This stage would be your basic flat level stage except for walls on both ends, about a third of the way up, would prevent easy side knockoff-age.  Of course, the awesome part of the level would be the three lanes in the middle of the road, which would have oncoming traffic heading your way at a steady pace.  Cars & Trucks can be jumped over, and also can be avoided on the sides of the turnpike, with the gaps that are there with Item Blocks (just like in MK64).  If the Cars & Trucks hit, they cause decent damage & knock up, obviously becoming more dangerous the higher your health is.  Fun times are had by all! 

Music
Toad's Turnpike - Mario Kart 64
Battle Mode - Super Mario Kart
Battle - Mario Kart 64
Mushroom City - Mario Kart Double Dash
Toad's Factory - Mario Kart Wii
Character Select - Super Mario Bros. 2
Goomba's Booty Boardwalk - Mario Party 8
You Lose - Mario Kart 64 (LoL, I don't know why.  I just [tornado fang]ing love this theme.)

Until I have more NSMBWii music info, I can't post much from that.  Once music from that starts hitting the YouTube, I'll probably update this.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #359 on: November 15, 2009, 08:56:35 AM
I don't remember Toad's Turnpike looking so godly before... O:

Also awesome choice. I [tornado fang]ing LOVED that level in MK64.

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #360 on: November 15, 2009, 10:50:12 AM
I [tornado fang]ing LOVED that level in MK64.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #361 on: November 15, 2009, 03:23:02 PM
I dunno, it's pretty damn awesome in Mirror Mode. 8)

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #362 on: November 15, 2009, 04:01:09 PM
Yeah, I agree. It is awesome.

Awesomely TERRIBLE. OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

No seriously it sucks and the way the AI cheats on it sucks and its gimmick sucks and if you ignore its gimmick it's the most boring level ever so it sucks so basically if you like it you suck sorry.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #363 on: November 15, 2009, 08:53:57 PM
Watch it buddy.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #364 on: November 15, 2009, 09:21:33 PM
WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU

Trust me when I say compared to most other gamers, I have an incredibly weird sense of taste. I liked the challenge of racing along side those giant cars & trucks (in comparison to our karts) since it forced a bit of tension into the racing (more so when you're racing into oncoming traffic in Mirror Mode), I absolutely loved the music for the level, and style wise, it's one of my favorite Mario Kart levels ever due to them trying to stick to a "downtown end of day" setting.

Offline Alice in Entropy

• Genderifically Confuzzled
  • Master's Unit
  • MAKE LOVE FOR MY KITTENS
    • View Profile

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #366 on: November 16, 2009, 05:00:54 AM
My entire life, everyone I've spoken to has hated Toad's Turnpike. It was like, the one constant in my world. And now I go on the internet and people like it.

My mind is seriously being blown over here.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #367 on: November 16, 2009, 05:15:30 AM
You clearly either don't know enough people or gamers are weaksauce lately. XD

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #368 on: November 16, 2009, 05:29:33 AM
I've never known anyone to hate Toad's Turnpike, or anything about Mario Kart 64.

..Except the way Lou plays.

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #369 on: November 16, 2009, 05:47:23 AM
Do you guys live in bizarro world or something!?

Do I live in bizarro world!?

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #370 on: November 16, 2009, 05:48:55 AM
LoL, it's just a case of to each his own.

Mario Kart 64 is my 2nd favorite game of all time.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #371 on: November 16, 2009, 05:56:05 AM
The only people who hate Toad's Turnpike are people who can't dodge the cars properly :P

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #372 on: November 16, 2009, 06:01:33 AM
The only people who hate Toad's Turnpike are people who can't dodge the cars properly :P

Hell, even when they catch me off guard in my years of experience with the game, I can still get a good laugh out of it, especially in mirror mode when they dog pile you. It just makes it that much better when you pull a victory out in the end. XD

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #373 on: November 16, 2009, 06:07:46 AM
Ah, I love normal Toad's Turnpike!

Mirror Mode

SAVE ME! SAAAAAAVE MEEEEEEEE!

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #374 on: December 11, 2009, 08:47:49 PM
Forgive the bump, but a little something occurred to me.

PB, remember what you said about the LttP boss music?
I would like this, but it'd probably have to go in some kind of Medley, cause really the theme doesn't really go anywhere really.
Didn't stop these guys:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaivHPnJu30

Seriously, how could you not see yourself Smashing to that one?

Also, having thought about my previous Bitchslap moves, I'm revising a Final Smash:
Mewtwo
Final Smash: Psychic
"Do not test the limits of my power!"
Mewtwo charges energy and fires a thin beam in whatever direction the player chooses.  One of two things happen.
If it hits an opponent, he/she is trapped in a blue aura and Mewtwo can freely manipulate them to damage other enemies on-screen, Super Sonic style.  Press an attack button before the Final Smash expires to detonate the aura and send your victim flying (otherwise it'll simply fade).
If the initial beam misses, it becomes a stream of blue fire that can be rotated briefly (similar to Lucario's Aura Storm, just not from the top of the screen).

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)