Super Smash Bros. Bitchslap: What Do You Want To See In It?

Jericho · 144545

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #100 on: January 05, 2009, 09:28:01 PM
don't use that argument. Captain Falcon was barely ever seen outside the Blue Falcon prior to Smash. we've already seen Syrup and Mona and Ashley in action.

The point is, Falcon proves they can just make up anything up and it can work. Besides, Ashley is a witch and you don't see how she could fight?

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #101 on: January 05, 2009, 09:29:37 PM
Fighting game port warning:

Rock (TvC, with a hint of NxC)

With this guy in the fray, he posseses all his moves from TvC, his FS being his lazer from NxC. with that said, I think fighters from third parties can be ported, if done right.

Roll, with all her moves ported from MvC and TvC, this is a veteran you don't want to miss with. comes with her theme, Bitchslap version.

Stages are represented from thier previous RPG/Fighting outings.

Yeah, I'm all out of ideas here..  ;O;

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #102 on: January 05, 2009, 09:58:16 PM
The point is, Falcon proves they can just make up anything up and it can work.

that doesn't prove anything. it just so happened to work extremely well for Falcon. Falcon isn't the rule, nor is he the exception.

Besides, Ashley is a witch and you don't see how she could fight?

i'm just having trouble finding a way to implement it. partly because i don't know all that much about Ashley, or Warioware in general.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline TeaOfJay

• Resident Talking Tea Cup/ Lazy Super Hero
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWAH!
    • View Profile
Reply #103 on: January 05, 2009, 10:07:13 PM
Star Fox
- Fox
- Falco
- Wolf
- Andross

This is the only part of your list I can disagree with.

Remove Wolf and put in a character that has an origianl moveset in some other series, and then you're golden.

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile
Reply #104 on: January 05, 2009, 10:10:18 PM
Remove Wolf and put in a character that has an origianl moveset in some other series, and then you're golden.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #105 on: January 05, 2009, 10:17:59 PM

Wolf's moveset is more originally than Falco's.  Falco is more of a clone than Wolf is.  The only thing I'd change with Wolf is his Final Smash, and maybe that Dash move.  Other than that, he's less clonish than Falco.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #106 on: January 05, 2009, 10:43:46 PM
Even then, there are many other weapons he could use anyways.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #107 on: January 05, 2009, 10:49:24 PM
Agreed on Wolf PB and Sato, honestly, I still need to re-work my thoughts on everything there. There's a bunch of stuff I'm gonna comment on after I get this character profile done and then it's back to me narrowing that list down again.

Also, PT, Lucario & Toon Link were never meant to be "replaced", I only said that with the upcoming Zelda Wii, it remains to be seen whether or not the Triforce Trio will get another visual update (highly likely) and if a new 4th Smash worthy character will come from it (again highly likely). As for PT & Lucario, I left those Pokemon rep spots purposely empty because I can't speculate [parasitic bomb] regarding how things turn out there. There are too many situationals to take into account. One of them is actually meant to represent the new PT and their Pokemon should they be getting any.

Offline Sparky

• Игра закончена
  • A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #108 on: January 05, 2009, 11:11:13 PM
OKAY, after looking at this thread, only I can see the OTHER things that are lacking in the Pokemon department.

First off, ghosts, Ghosts, GHOSTS! Ghost types are the ONLY types in Pokemon that were excluded from every single Smash game. (Drifloon doesn't count because its appearance emphasized its Flying type more.)

The best possible way for a Ghost type to be playable is for Bitchslap to have Pokemon Rival as a character. Now, before you all yell out LOLCLONE, PR should be diverse in his own right, and for a Ghost to be included, have one of his pokemon be Gengar, because let's all face it, Gengar is the most memorable of all the Ghost-types. Probably slap in two other obscure types that were barely represented. And as for Gengar himself, here's a recommended moveset:

B: Lick
 Side B: Shadow Ball. Rather than have it be a knockoff of Mewtwo's, I was thinking of having this Shadow Ball be nonchargeable and rather work more like PK Thunder.
 Down B: Sucker Punch. Basically, it starts off as a normal punch, but if you can, you would be able to sneak behind the target and punch again.
 Up B: Shadow Claw. Overall, an uppercut-like move.

Final Smash(if NOT with PR): Dark Cacophany, which is a combination of Dark Pulse and Curse in which everytime Gengar stabs himself with a needle, a Dark Pulse explosion will occur in a random spot on the arena. Not sure how many there should be, though.

As for a stage, have the classic Pokemon Tower. It'll be like Castle Siege in which every now and then, you'll be sent up to the higher floors of the tower, with stage hazards like fog and Ghastlies increasing, and when you reach the top, you'll be faced with the Ghost of Cubone's Mother, also a stage hazard. And before going back to the ground floor, you stay at the top the longest amount of time.

Audiowise, there should be a medley of all of the haunting themes of the Pokemon series (Pokemon Tower, Old Chateau, and Mt. Pyre). Of course, have each of the themes slightly cut to fit one another, although it'll still feel pretty long, since these songs are one of the slowest-paced in the series.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #109 on: January 05, 2009, 11:23:51 PM
More Characters...

Young Link
I mean sure, we already have Toon Link (who needs a retooling), Link, and if I get my way, Midna & Wolf Link, but that's NO reason why we can't have yet another Link.  Especially since this Link is completely based off of Majora's Mask.  Some of you might remember this idea from the Brawl topic of the past.  Young Link himself is not all that powerful, but what makes him unique is his Mask Transformations.

Standard B: Bunny Hood
Young Link takes out the Bunny Hood and wears it, allowing him to run faster.  It can be knocked off of him and it comes off when he transforms into a different Link.
Forward B: Deku Mask
Young Link takes out the Deku Mask and transforms into Deku Link.
Up B: Goron Mask
Young Link takes out the Goron Mask and transforms into Goron Link.
Down B: Zora Mask
Young Link takes out the Zora Mask and Transforms into Zora Link.

Final Smash: Fierce Deity Link
Young Link puts on the Fierce Deity Mask and transforms into Fierce Deity Link for 10 seconds.  During this time, Fierce Deity Link is invincible as wields his Double Helix Sword, which when swung fires a twirling energy beam. 

Deku Link
Lightest & Trickiest of the Links.  Moderate Speed and semi-decent power. 

Standard B: Bubble
Deku Link stands still and starts charging a Bubble by Holding B.  The longer the charge, the more damage it does.
Forward B: Deku Spin
Deku Link spins in the direction you select.  Similar to Mario Twister.
Up B: Deku Flower
Deku Link suddenly blasts out of a Flower and then two spinning flowers appear for him to hover downward with.  The blast upward does decent damage and knockback. 
Down B: Remove Mask
Deku Link removes the mask and transforms back into Young Link.

Deku Link puts on the Fierce Deity Mask and transforms into Fierce Deity Link for 10 seconds.  During this time, Fierce Deity Link is invincible as wields his Double Helix Sword, which when swung fires a twirling energy beam. 

Goron Link
Strongest & Heaviest of the Links.  Little to no Comeback ability though

Standard B: Goron Punch
Goron Link does a 1-2 Punch Combo.  Slow, but very strong.
Forward B: Goron Roll
Goron Link rolls into a ball and starts spinning.  Holding B will charge the roll.  When B is released, Goron Link rolls along the ground.  The longer the charge the faster and harder the roll.  If fully charged, spikes come out of Goron Link.
Up B: Goron Stomp
Goron Link jumps slightly upward then comes slamming down fast. 
Goron Link removes his Mask and transforms back into Young Link.

Goron Link puts on the Fierce Deity Mask and transforms into Fierce Deity Link for 10 seconds.  During this time, Fierce Deity Link is invincible as wields his Double Helix Sword, which when swung fires a twirling energy beam. 

Zora Link
Fastest & Combo Happiest of the Links.  He cannot fly, but he can glide like Pit, MetaKnight, & Charizard.

Standard B: Lightning Shield
Zora Link generates a Lightning Shield around him.  The Shield does not last long and does little to know damage when something is reflected off of it.  However, up close it deals decent damage with no knockback.
Forward B: Fin Boomerangs
Zora Link throws his Fins as Boomerangs.  Each Fin can be thrown one at a time.
Up B: Dolphin Jump
Zora Link does a kind of Swimming Uppercut.  His fins slightly extend outward during the Dolphin Uppercut.  Does moderate damage & knockback
Zora Link removes his mask and transforms back into Young Link.

Zora Link puts on the Fierce Deity Mask and transforms into Fierce Deity Link for 10 seconds.  During this time, Fierce Deity Link is invincible as wields his Double Helix Sword, which when swung fires a twirling energy beam. 

Alice
Now, I thought about using Balloon Fighter over her, but then my love of "kicking people's ass with Cuteness" kicked in, and well here we are using Alice, the Balloon Kid from the GB game.  Her moveset was not easy to think of, but I hope I came up with something decent and unique.

Standard B: Balloon Pump
Alice inflates Balloons rapidly.  She can inflate a total of 6 Balloons.  The more Balloons she has, the higher she can jump.  If she has all 6 Balloons, she can float and hover around the stage.  The number of Balloons determine how well the rest of her B moves are affected.
Forward B: Balloon Swing
Alice playfully swings on her Balloons.  If B is held after Balloon Swing is activated, Alice's swinging becomes faster and more powerful if you press back and forward on the Analog stick at the proper time.
Up B: Balloon Hop
Alice will jump up and stomp on her opponents head.  How high she jumps depends on how many Balloons she has out.  Hard to catch with, but does good damage if she does.  If she has 6 Balloons on and is floating, the move won't come out.
Down B: Balloon Pop
Alice can Pop the Balloons she has out to reduce their number.  If someone is above Alice and next to her Balloons as she pops them, it does moderate damage, which depends on how many Balloons pop next to them.

Final Smash: Balloon Rising
Alice will begin pumping like crazy, and suddenly all these Balloons will rise up from the bottom of the screen.  They will lift her opponents high off the screen if they cannot dodge or escape from them all.

LoL, still more to come.  However, since technically Young Link is 3-4 characters in one, that took a bit.  Also, I hope everyone likes my Moveset ideas for Alice from Balloon Kid.  XD

OKAY, after looking at this thread, only I can see the OTHER things that are lacking in the Pokemon department.

First off, ghosts, Ghosts, GHOSTS! Ghost types are the ONLY types in Pokemon that were excluded from every single Smash game. (Drifloon doesn't count because its appearance emphasized its Flying type more.)

The best possible way for a Ghost type to be playable is for Bitchslap to have Pokemon Rival as a character. Now, before you all yell out LOLCLONE, PR should be diverse in his own right, and for a Ghost to be included, have one of his pokemon be Gengar, because let's all face it, Gengar is the most memorable of all the Ghost-types. Probably slap in two other obscure types that were barely represented. And as for Gengar himself, here's a recommended moveset:

B: Lick
 Side B: Shadow Ball. Rather than have it be a knockoff of Mewtwo's, I was thinking of having this Shadow Ball be nonchargeable and rather work more like PK Thunder.
 Down B: Sucker Punch. Basically, it starts off as a normal punch, but if you can, you would be able to sneak behind the target and punch again.
 Up B: Shadow Claw. Overall, an uppercut-like move.

Final Smash(if NOT with PR): Dark Cacophany, which is a combination of Dark Pulse and Curse in which everytime Gengar stabs himself with a needle, a Dark Pulse explosion will occur in a random spot on the arena. Not sure how many there should be, though.

As for a stage, have the classic Pokemon Tower. It'll be like Castle Siege in which every now and then, you'll be sent up to the higher floors of the tower, with stage hazards like fog and Ghastlies increasing, and when you reach the top, you'll be faced with the Ghost of Cubone's Mother, also a stage hazard. And before going back to the ground floor, you stay at the top the longest amount of time.

Audiowise, there should be a medley of all of the haunting themes of the Pokemon series (Pokemon Tower, Old Chateau, and Mt. Pyre). Of course, have each of the themes slightly cut to fit one another, although it'll still feel pretty long, since these songs are one of the slowest-paced in the series.

I fully support every idea in here.  I really like your moveset for Genger.  Especially his Final Smash.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #110 on: January 05, 2009, 11:27:47 PM
yey for Alice~

I love Link's transformations. They really fit into Smash Bros somehow. ^^ It gives different playing styles~

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #111 on: January 06, 2009, 12:42:22 AM
*I really wish if i could have gotten someone to do some art for this one, but I don't wanna be a hassle. Here goes!*

"Southpaw receiver and the teenage hero of the southern tropics, Mike Jones joins the fray!"
[/Dojo!!]

Seriously speaking, how many people on this board other than myself, PB & Vixy were all counting on an appearance from Mike, the main protagonist from the StarTropics series (NES), in Brawl? I really can't think of anyone more suited for fully playable in roster than this guy right here for numerous reasons. Some of these include:

- Being a Western influenced ace to the obscure Japanese only characters that get into Smash regularly
- Being another memorable legend of the NES days and (surprisingly) one of the most popular retro characters after Little Mac, Takamaru & Lip
- Having a skill set as diverse or potentially more so than Pit or Link
- Fighting with a Yo-Yo is badass. XD

But enough about the history, now I'm going to do something different. It's time to make a moveset! PB has already tried his hand at it all and while his suggestions are spot on for Mike and his character, there are going to be an infinite number of people screaming "NESS CLONE!" It's for that reason alone why I'd like to take it to the next level.

For my idea, Mike would be a fairly athletic and nimble character, I'd say around Pit's speed with Marth's weight class. This would also mean that he's pretty easy to knock around if you get around his crazy yoyo-fu. His attacks would be fast and could almost become a hassle to watch out for at times. The reasoning for this is due to the fact that in both of his games, he was always referred to as an ace baseball player with a mean pitch. Getting that out of the way, now let's talk about what would make him unique, namely, the fighting style and moves.

A (Jab - See Forward Pass) - Pitches the plain island star straight forward.

A>A>A Hold (Barrage) - Pitches his Yo-Yo forward in quick succession at varying angles, building up damage similar to Fox's Kicks or Link's old AAA stabs.

Dashing A (Walking the Dog) - Mike runs forward then quickly launches his Yo-Yo forward at a 60 degree angle to the floor. Does average damage but has decent knock back, can KO at high damages if caught in the initial yoyo toss or first few instances of the "Walking The Dog" animation.

Up Tilt  - Quickly throws his yo-yo, now resembling the Morning Star upward and makes it rotate, doing damage like Sonic's up smash.

Forward Tilt - Mike pitches the yo-yo in morning star form forward and it rotates in place damaging in a manner similar to his up tilt before retracting back to himself. This damages enemies while keeping then at bay.

Down Tilt - Mike wraps the yo-yo in its morning star form around his leg and does a "Skip It" motion with it gliding along the ground. The end of the yo-yo can meteors in certain situations (i.e. catching an opponent before grabbing the ledge) and the chain can sometimes trip opponents caught in it on the ground. Has a light pop-up effect when hit with the Star part on flat ground.

Forward Smash (Forward Pass) - Mike does a quick & simple forward pass pitch with the Island yo-yo, now donning a Supernova appearance to signify his Smash Attack. Has strong knock back, strong damage and the pull back motion can drag opponents closer to you. The longer you charge, the harder and quicker the hit. The yo-yo animates to reflect this strength (it will start sparking up greater than usual before released).

Up Smash (Around The World) - Mike swings his yo-yo over his head in a wide arc while psychic charging both the chain and Supernova. The greater the charge, the more devastating the effect.

Down Smash - Similar to Ness' downward smash, except Mike's yo-yo darts forward first then back and has a faster motion. Mike does a small hop animation as the yo-yo travels under him. It also retains the the Supernova properties of sparking up due to being a Smash attack. Has a great horizontal knock back and damage.

Neutral Air - Does a somesault with his morning star out and swings it in a sweeping somersault motion. (Think MetaKnight's nair but with the base yo-yo's reach)

Forward Air - CLEATS! More specifically, does a jumping full body kick reminiscent of Mario & Luigi's Forward Air from Smash Bros. 64.

Back Air - Back kick like Fox's Brawl bair using his cleats.

Down Air - A twirling kick much like Mario's old drill kick that racks up moderate damage. The last hit has a weak spike effect.

Grab - Mike just runs up to them and grabs them Yusuke (Yu Yu Hakusho) style.

Grab Attack - Mike casually slings the yoyo at their face while holding them with the other arm.

Back Throw - Mike tosses the character behind him and brings the island yoyo up to swat them away.

Forward Throw - Mike throws the opponent by their shirt forward.

Upward Throw - Mike throws them moderately high then shoots a volley of small psychic flash bombs at them all at once with his slingshot.

Down Throw - Mike jumps on top of them and stomps them (a la Kirby) with his cleats.

B Special (Pitch) - Mike will reach into his pocket and toss a Wonder Horsehide baseball at an opponent. The longer you hold B, the harder the pitch. Sometimes, he might pull out a surprise weapon such as a burning ember (longer he holds this, the more fire damage he takes), bolas which can tangle a person up (try this to someone recovering if you want to lose a friend), a dagger or fake out and use the fast and unpredictable Psychic Flash (which has a tiny firecracker effect). Then there's always the chance of him hurling a pebble at someone for 1 damage and no flinching. It's all a game of chance. Has minimal to good knock back and damage.

Forward B (Ax Smash or Two Step Draw) - Mike will dash forward with either an ancient caveman's Ax, a dagger or a katana from the nearby hammer space and do a dashing attack. A clubbing smash with the Ax, a poking stab with the dagger or a draw and swing with the katana.

Up B (Anklet Jump) - With wings on his shoes, Mike takes a mighty leap forward with his knee extended creating a pressure effect like Wolf's. Opponents are dealt one solid upward blow instead of being carried though. The wings then flap and keep his forward momentum up for recovery purposes.

Down B (Mirror Palms) - Mike makes a gesture like Mr. Mime in the Pokemon anime and an Aegis Reflector styled barrier that reflects projectiles is put in place in front of himself.

Final Smash: Ultra Psychic Shockwave - Mike tosses a psychic charge forward like a molotov cocktail that explodes with an electrical effect multiple times over a wide area.

Taunts
- Mike jumps in place twice mimicking his NES jumping sprite
- Mike takes out a "Try Your Luck" sign that rotates and reveals either a Smash logo, his series logo or a "+1" after the spin. This is in reference to how Try Your Luck signs in the series were guessing games involving him spinning a sign.
- A sound like someone going "ring ring" is heard and Mike looks for a phone on himself before a thought cloud appears over his head and Mica (the guide for all of Startropics 2 and princess saved in StarTropics 1) looks at him scramble mischeviously.

Now then, the little touches. Whenever Mike Jones uses the Smash Attack with the homerun bat, you should hear the classic bat SFX from StarTropics 1, his jumping SFX carries over from the NES game, especially in his landing from his UpB where the "Stepped on a Switch" sound would play, and his taunts HAVE to be him doing the jump like his old sprite, pulling out a Try-Your Luck Sign with a Smash, StarTropics, and Nintendo logo on it, and the last one would be him walking the dog in place with a mischevious grin on his face. Keeping with the series tradition though, if he plays in a level with a lot of water and swimming involved, he'll drown almost instantly at which time you'd see his lost a life spirit float out of the water.

His victory theme would be a grander and edited for Smash remaster of the first theme in this video. One of his victory poses would be him talking to the crowd and getting interrupted by Mica telepathically. XD

Whew, that took the longest to get right. I had to boot up my games to get some extra details. XD

Now then, let me just close this ridiculously long and fanboy post by saying that PB & Sparky win this thread.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 01:34:54 AM by Jericho »

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #112 on: January 06, 2009, 12:52:10 AM
It's time to make a moveset! PB has already tried his hand at it all and while his suggestions are spot on for Mike and his character, there are going to be an infinite number of people screaming "NESS CLONE!" It's for that reason alone why I'd like to take it to the next level.

Out of curiosity, outside of the Yo-Yo thing and the random Baseball Bat, how would you get a Ness Clone from my Mike Jones moveset? 

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #113 on: January 06, 2009, 01:13:43 AM
No, I didn't say that your moveset would make him seem cloned, I just wanted to do something so drastically different that no one could call foul. Yours was actually a good benchmark for mine.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #114 on: January 06, 2009, 01:15:38 AM
Technically, Ness is a Mike Jones clone!

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #115 on: January 06, 2009, 01:18:20 AM
Ain't that the truth. Actually, not even, Mike is actually athletic in his games! XD

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #116 on: January 06, 2009, 01:24:33 AM
Well, I'll just say, I kinda like my Mike Jones better.  LoL, no offense or anything.  Although mine might be too powerful.  XD

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #117 on: January 06, 2009, 01:38:41 AM
Oh yeah. I forgot one more roster addition.

~Lip - Panel de Pon

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #118 on: January 06, 2009, 05:14:59 AM
My thoughts on Pokemon:

If any sanity is to be maintained in terms of representation slots (although I'd go for fun and unbalanced rep over the game suffering from such restrictions any day), then we're in a bit of trouble since we're already at six characters MINIMUM to prevent axing anyone: Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Pichu, Mewtwo, Lucario, and Pokemon Trainer.

I foresee generational representation being a problem, and in a way it already is.  All but Lucario and Pichu are 1st gen, and Pichu is, despite being technically 2nd gen, a 1st gen derivative.  One solution is to have Pokemon Trainer vary up his selectable 'mans a bit to solve this.

But assume for the sake of argument we don't want to ditch anyone, including each individual Pokemon used by PT.  What to do?  I'm thinking PT should have his own "sub-section" after choosing him to pick your 3 Pokemon out of a possible list.  The only real requirement is that each Pokemon has something to contribute to a Triple Finish, and you have 3 Specials instead of 4.  You could even move Jigglypuff and Pichu into the Trainer's selection if you wanted (axe Rollout and Skull Bash; Jigglypuff can use an extended-range Sing for Triple Finish, and Pichu a forward-firing Thunderbolt).  Add in Sparky's Gengar and maybe some additional generational representation.

Pikachu should remain seperate since he's so ludicrously powerful/popular, and Mewtwo and Lucario are more fitting as loners.  So, we have 4 Pokemon character slots, with a loophole for adding as many Pokemon characters as is deemed appropriate.

Also, PT needs should be able to choose different characters as part of the color/skin swap.  It necessitates either including voice-swaps or removing the trainer's voice, but I think it's worth whatever effort/tradeoff is necessary.  I personally would *LOVE* to see Wes and Misty.

And, much as I love Latios and Latias, I must DEMAND that Dragonite join the Pokeball list.  He'd have made a far better Hyper Beamer than Deoxys, IMHO.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 04:00:17 AM by Hypershell »

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #119 on: January 06, 2009, 05:16:53 AM
Oh, what to do with Pokemon?

I'd almost like to see one representative from each Gen (assuming 5th is out before SSBBitchslap), and yet I can't think of any specifics other than Pikachu.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #120 on: January 06, 2009, 06:23:35 AM
Seriously speaking, how many people on this board other than myself, PB & Vixy were all counting on an appearance from Mike, the main protagonist from the StarTropics series (NES), in Brawl?

i'd didn't expect him to get in one bit. partly because i'd never even heard of Statropics. unfortunately, Startropics is incredibly unheard of. more people probably knew of Earthbound before Smash 64 than anyone knows about Startropics today. i told my friends that quite a few people wanted to see Mike Jones in. and they said "who?" i told them he came from Startropics, and they never heard of it. and neither have i if you had not brought it up.

then again, Ice Climber is pretty obscure, isn't it?

and to whoever suggested Ninten, he and Ness are the same person.

PB: your YL list is interesting, to say the least. i'd ditch the human form, though. it feels like its only taking up space. i think swapping through the mask forms is enough.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #121 on: January 06, 2009, 06:26:58 AM
and to whoever suggested Ninten, he and Ness are the same person.

Similar? Yes. The same? No.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #122 on: January 06, 2009, 06:29:59 AM
Pikachu should remain separate since he's so ludicrously powerful

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #123 on: January 06, 2009, 06:40:21 AM
Man, I really should get my ass onto playing Startropics one day hahaha.

As for the movelists Jericho, Sparky and PB provided.  I support them<3 w/ love.

I should think of one for Earthworm Jim (I know he's from interplay, but imagining Jim onto the world of Smash is just....wonderful~)

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #124 on: January 06, 2009, 06:48:04 AM
*quote fix*
Point taken.  I'd meant to add that too, but I reconsidered what with the suggestion for Pichu being part of PT's roster.  But in Pichu's case the self-damage kinda evens it out more, since his teammates have to put up with that extra damage following any switches.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)