Klavier Gavin · 347551

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #1400 on: October 04, 2010, 01:17:37 AM
I chose water in my last playthrough of Emerald.

And then I lost my copy of Emerald... :'(

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Shinigami No Tekken

• RPM's resident kid-on-the-old-man's-lawn.
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Cool Story, Bro!
    • View Profile
Reply #1401 on: October 04, 2010, 01:27:04 AM
I lost my copy of emerald while taking a bath. I emptied my pockets in my room, and took a bath. Haven't seen it since.

We've moved twice since then. So yeah, it's long gone.

GOOD THING I JUST DOWNLOADED THE ROM. 8D

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #1402 on: October 04, 2010, 01:39:31 AM
It's not the same.

Now I won't be able to transfer Teira-Rin the Swampert to HG if I ever get it.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Cool Story, Bro!
    • View Profile
Reply #1403 on: October 04, 2010, 02:50:58 AM
Eh. I guess.

But yeah, I also lost my LeafGreen.

THANKFULLY, MY CRYSTAL IS STILL INTACT ON MY DESK.

Yeah, but previously, I thought the Advanced Generation was the last good one, but B&W seems to be shaping up quite nicely.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #1404 on: October 04, 2010, 03:18:13 AM
Personally 3rd Gen is my least favorite, at least in terms of its starting titles (loved Colosseum).  180-something oldies unavailable without hacking?  I'll be damned if I'm playing a Pokemon game with no Dragonite.  And it introduced the current EV system which I'm not a fan of; it's completely impossible to build a mixed attacker to its full potential, and the random battles over the course of the game seriously screw up whatever Pokemon you have not specifically grinded (read: either re-breeding or berry-stuffing your starters).

Still had its strong points, of course.  It's hard to call any core Pokemon RPG "bad", since they're all largely the same.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Cool Story, Bro!
    • View Profile
Reply #1405 on: October 04, 2010, 03:26:06 AM
Personally 3rd Gen is my least favorite, at least in terms of its starting titles (loved Colosseum).  180-something oldies unavailable without hacking?  I'll be damned if I'm playing a Pokemon game with no Dragonite.  And it introduced the current EV system which I'm not a fan of; it's completely impossible to build a mixed attacker to its full potential, and the random battles over the course of the game seriously screw up whatever Pokemon you have not specifically grinded (read: either re-breeding or berry-stuffing your starters).

Still had its strong points, of course.  It's hard to call any core Pokemon RPG "bad", since they're all largely the same.

While I do agree 3rd Gen screwed up a couple things, one can't argue that it had it's strong points too, such as the fact that it introduced the whole double battle thing, which was a huge step in the current battling system. And Emerald was by far the strongest in storyline terms, which, in my opinion, Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum can't stand up to. Emerald's story was immersive, at least for a Pokemon game, and dang fun to play through. That, and it had an actual cutscene in it. 8D.

Also, it had the one and only good Battle Frontier. Afterwards, it became a gimmick.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #1406 on: October 04, 2010, 03:35:29 AM
On principle I utterly despise any and all single-player competitions that forbid a given Pokemon species.  If you can't use Mewtwo against the game's high-level CPU enemies, then who the hell are you SUPPOSED to use him on?

Fact is, pretty much every Pokemon game requires getting the console version for an anything-goes high level battle.  2nd gen was somewhat better, with Red and all, but still.

Double Battles are awesome, though.  R/S underutilized them, but that's why I love Colosseum (and to a lesser extent Gale of Darkness).  And, to be fair, the Hoenn games had one awesome Victory Road theme (with an even more excellent remix in SSB Brawl).

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #1407 on: October 04, 2010, 05:30:42 AM
Another thing about Emerald that has been forgotten (until B/W) was cutscenes! The friggin' cutscene between Rayquaza, Groudon, and Kyogre was pretty epic. There haven't been cutscenes like that until B/W, which takes them again, somewhat. Hell, there's the Live Caster, and then there's the scene where N talks to you in first person with art. It's well done.

And yeah, Victory Road music was epic.

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Cool Story, Bro!
    • View Profile
Reply #1408 on: October 04, 2010, 05:38:06 AM
Emerald had overall good music all together.

Although, and I'm not sure if I'm agreed with here, but some of the music did strike me as, I 'unno, Egyptianish.

Besides the Desert area I mean...

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Your friendly neighborhood digger!
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #1409 on: October 04, 2010, 06:11:20 AM
Awesomeness!  The only problem is this is going to REALLY tempt me to not heal my Pokemon.
Lately, I've learned to use those handy-yet-underused X-items in Gym Leader/E4 battles.  It's easy to predict a Full Restore use, so just ramp up your attack/speed and prepare to sweep!  I pulled this over on Red in SS and tore through him.  From what I can tell, the new low health theme just gives me further incentive to use them!

PSN: AquaTeamV3
NNID: BaconStunner
GGPO: AquaTeamV3
My YouTube Channel
The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Cool Story, Bro!
    • View Profile
Reply #1410 on: October 04, 2010, 06:13:20 AM
Lately, I've learned to use those handy-yet-underused X-items in Gym Leader/E4 battles.  It's easy to predict a Full Restore use, so just ramp up your attack/speed and prepare to sweep!  I pulled this over on Red in SS and tore through him.  From what I can tell, the new low health theme just gives me further incentive to use them!

WAT ARE THEM X-ITEMS YOU SPEAK OF? 8D

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #1411 on: October 04, 2010, 06:16:53 AM
You know, those Battle Items such as X Attack, X Defend, X Speed, etc.  Pretty much gives you a +1 boost that lasts for the duration of the battle.  Used correctly they can be downright lethal when fighting Gym Leaders.  Come to think of it, Gym Leaders used to use them as well.  Wonder why they stopped...

My YouTube Channel

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #1412 on: October 04, 2010, 04:33:56 PM
That is a simple answer: They stopped because, for any person using the gym's weakness, it just made it easier instead of harder.

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #1413 on: October 04, 2010, 07:07:56 PM
Good point.  Still, it's not like I can't see a Full Restore coming on from a mile away, either.

My YouTube Channel

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1414 on: October 04, 2010, 07:38:24 PM
Yes but at least Full Restore gives them at least an extra turn to live most of the time. Can't say the same of the X ____.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Cool Story, Bro!
    • View Profile
Reply #1415 on: October 05, 2010, 01:47:15 AM
Yes but at least Full Restore gives them at least an extra turn to live most of the time. Can't say the same of the X ____.

If anything, it gives them one less.

I tried using the X-Items once, didn't work out well.

Then again, I was a seven year old playing Pokemon Blue. I didn't know [parasitic bomb].

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #1416 on: October 16, 2010, 09:16:40 AM
Just letting everyone know that Mew's up on Wi-fi and will be until the 30th.

My YouTube Channel

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #1417 on: October 16, 2010, 09:22:43 AM
Somehow, I'm getting the feeling that everyone's gonna be pissed when the new gen's names get dubbed.

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #1418 on: October 16, 2010, 09:54:10 AM
Just letting everyone know that Mew's up on Wi-fi and will be until the 30th.

Thanks. Now I have a Mew. Now I just have to wait a long while to get Jirachi and Celebi. And eventually find alternate methods to getting Darkrai, Manaphy, Deyoxys, Arceus, and Shaymin... :\

God damnit Nintendo... I don't think many people like these Event Pokemon...

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #1419 on: October 16, 2010, 03:47:36 PM
Yay, a Mew! 8)

Well, no need to hack the Emerald event for Pokedex completion now.  Although, if I ever intend to use the guy in battle, being able to pick a Nature would be worth it.

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #1420 on: October 16, 2010, 06:08:55 PM
Just pickup my Mew!

Do you think Nintendo will cycle through their events for people for missed some or are they out of luck?

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1421 on: October 16, 2010, 06:34:51 PM
Mew is nice and all, but are we EVER going to get the Azure Flute in our lifetime? I mean seriously, it's ridiculous, not even Japan has it and they have 5th gen already.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #1422 on: October 16, 2010, 06:47:21 PM
I got my Mew. He's level 32 and I'm gonna use him to pwn Mewtwo. As it should be. ^.^

I also migrated a Groudon from Ruby so I'll be able to get Rayquaza on HG, since I'll fight Kyogre there.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #1423 on: October 17, 2010, 03:38:38 AM
I thought getting Rayquaza in HG/SS required having both a Kyogre and Groudon native to those two versions?

Admittedly I haven't had much of a desire to reset-hound Legendary Pokemon.  I *STILL* have an unused Enigma Stone.  I'm just really, completely satisfied with my team.  And the amount of dedication it takes to raise the critters doesn't make Pokemon an experimenting-friendly game (post-3rd gen IV system doesn't help any).

Between that and the Dream World Abilities, I'll probably want to minimize the amount of cross-gen trading I do once Black and White roll around (I'll certainly take a OHKO-resistant Dragonite over a flinch-immune Dragonite).

Mew is nice and all, but are we EVER going to get the Azure Flute in our lifetime? I mean seriously, it's ridiculous, not even Japan has it and they have 5th gen already.
Probably not.  I'm betting somebody at Nintendo realized how game-breaking Arceus would be if it were released with the full IV/Nature manipulation afforded by an actual encounter.  Plus the cat was out of the bag in Japan due to a game glitch in early versions anyway.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1424 on: October 17, 2010, 04:00:23 AM
I thought getting Rayquaza in HG/SS required having both a Kyogre and Groudon native to those two versions?

Yes it does.