Legends questions

Trang · 9748

Offline Trang

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
on: March 10, 2009, 02:05:51 AM
So... I have some non-related (with each other) questions:
1- Just downloaded MML1 and it did come with a Classic Megaman icon... Is there a Legends icon somewhere I could have?
2- Is there a PC version of Legends 2?
3- Is Legends series that good? I never wanted to play it (went through entire X, Zero and ZX series), but everyone is so mad about a Legends 3 I wanted to give it a try...
4- How long does it take to beat the game first time?

Posted on: March 09, 2009, 03:35:53
Are my questions that stupid?

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 02:59:54 AM
1- Just downloaded MML1 and it did come with a Classic Megaman icon... Is there a Legends icon somewhere I could have?

Unless there were any other versions, the PC Version of Legends always had a Classic MegaMan icon. o.o;

2- Is there a PC version of Legends 2?

Here's the CD contents.

3- Is Legends series that good? I never wanted to play it (went through entire X, Zero and ZX series), but everyone is so mad about a Legends 3 I wanted to give it a try...

Lots of Buster Part customization, exploring underground dungeons much like a Zelda game, upgrading your weapons with parts and zenny, upgrade your mobility in a way so you can jump higher and withstand more damage, cruising through the whole game with Roller Skates, having fun with Kobuns/Servbots, many islands to visit in Legends 2, the lovely and cute appeal and look of the game in general, the Bonne humor... I totally say it's worth buying them. ^^

4- How long does it take to beat the game first time?

Legends 1: 3-10 hours the first time. 1 hours for speed runs.
Legends 2: 6-20 hours the first time. 3-5 hours for speed runs.

You're welcome. :3

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 04:40:39 PM
I wish Rocket Skates didn't have to accelerate, they'd be so useful.

Offline Trang

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 12:32:42 AM
Here's the CD contents.
Is there a US version? I can't find it around...

You're welcome. :3
Thank you.

For what you said, it's really tempting, but something that really bothers me is the graphics... L1's graphics are much worse than a N64 could be (I love N64 games, but L1 doesn't seem to fit).

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 12:44:25 AM
Play the PS1 or PSP versions. Don't focus too much on the Graphics, but more on the other aspects, the sound quality, the fluid animations and proper emulation. The frame rate of the PS1 and PSP versions is great, while the N64 version is usually slower depending on how much things show up on the screen, not to mention that it's not able to show distant objects as good as the PS1/PSP versions does. Also, underwater dungeons in DASH 2/Legends 2 plays better on PSP because of the hardware it was ported on, since the PS1 version makes those dungeons run slowly. >.>
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 03:08:14 AM by Vixy »

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 12:47:03 AM
I can already tell that you won't enjoy this game.

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: March 11, 2009, 12:59:12 AM
Because of the graphics? >U<

Just go for the artistic design of the game instead of "just" the graphics.
And also, the voice actors are just amazing for this series. And very funny. ^^
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 03:08:54 AM by Vixy »

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #7 on: March 11, 2009, 01:30:15 AM
What do you expect from a PS1 game (or PC/PSP port thereof), visually?

That being said, for a PS1 game, I think L2 looks positively spectacular.  Both are just as strong in the gameplay department, though.

And yes, they rock incredibly.  If you dare reject these games you will receive many boots to the head. :P

And don't forget The Misadventures of Tron Bonne!  2nd Bank Robbery is among the most hilarious moments in gaming.

"WHEN WE GET BACK, I'M GOING TO HAVE TO PUNISH ALL OF YOU!!!"

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: March 11, 2009, 01:31:54 AM
They can keep the Toilet Paper~ ^^

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Trang

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: March 11, 2009, 03:13:37 AM
Play the PS1 or PSP versions. Don't focus too much on the Graphics, but more on the other aspects, the sound quality, the fluid animations and proper emulation. The frame rate of the PS1 and PSP versions are constant, while the N64 version is usually slower depending on how much things show up on the screen, not to mention that it's not able to show distant objects as good as the PS1/PSP versions does. Also, underwater dungeons in DASH 2/Legends 2 plays better on PSP because of the hardware it was ported on, since the PS1 version makes those dungeons run slowly. >.>
I've got the PC version, not the N64... And I'm having some voice/image problems during cutscenes.

Still trying to find L2 PC version... MOTB is PSX only?

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: March 11, 2009, 03:33:59 AM
These are the dates the games came out, I update the pages when it's needed.
http://www.rockmanpm.com/?p=dash/rockmandash1 (PS1, N64, PSP, PC)
http://www.rockmanpm.com/?p=dash/rockmandash2 (PS1, PSP, PC)
http://www.rockmanpm.com/?p=dash/tronnikobun (PS1 only)

It was mentioned that Legends 2 came out in the USA at least, but I have only seen a news about it many years ago on Capcom USA's pages, along with the release of Mega Man X5 for PC. The PC games (X5 was the one I tested at that time) had a 1-hour play lock, and you had to pay a sum of money to be able to play the full games. Once the time was up (the timer doesn't get reset if you restart the game), you couldn't play anymore.

I don't see why you can't just play the PS1 versions on a emulator instead, and use some neat video plugins for the graphics.
It feels better that way too. Plus you probably have a Joypad that is similar to the PS1 button-setup, so you're good to go. ^^

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Trang

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: March 11, 2009, 05:16:39 PM
I have no joypad (because the only games I play nowadays are MM stuff and Diablo II), but I was really thinking about playing the PSX versions... But someone said the graphics on N64 are way better. Is this correctable with plugins? I'm very bad on emulator config things...

Can you tell me how's MOTB? Do you play on dungeons and stuff like Legends? Or just fun mini-games on your way to infinite wealth?

Posted on: March 11, 2009, 17:00:22
Just realized I do have ePSXe. Would you check my plugins to see if they are the best for my PC (Turion64 x2, 1.8 GHz, 1,43 RAM, GeForce 6400 256 mb)?
- Pete's OpenGL2 driver 2.8
- ePSXe SPU core 1.7.0
- ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.7.0

I also got Pete's D3D 1.76 and Pete's DX6 D3D 1.76...

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #12 on: March 11, 2009, 05:34:44 PM
As I understood it, the main differences between 64 and PS were loading times (very short on 64) and voiceover sound quality (quite low on 64). But last I tried playing 64 emulated it had some fairly significant bugs like not being able to see walls until you stood right next to them, so I'd go with ePSXe.
Whether it works... well, try and find out? PS is pretty old, shouldn't need too powerful of a computer.

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: March 11, 2009, 06:56:51 PM
But someone said the graphics on N64 are way better.

On emulator, depends on the settings.
On REAL Hardware (which I own both the N64 and PS1 version), nu-uh, no way.
They use some different kind of filters, which means that some locations or cutscenes in the game "might" look good on N64, and sometimes it doesn't look pretty. I'd just focus on the PS versions.

Can you tell me how's MOTB? Do you play on dungeons and stuff like Legends? Or just fun mini-games on your way to infinite wealth?

It's actually both. One of the dungeons you visit in MOTB is the Nakkai Ruins, where you can find an ancient treasure, and tons of revisits in the same dungeon will lead you to infinite wealth. When you have played as Teisel Bonne in the Intro Stage which is the path TO the Nakkai Ruins, after that, you have the choice of selecting smaller missions before you meet Mr. Loath and pay him so you can rescue Tron's brother Teisel.

Among the missions are Bank Robberies, Container Transports (this one forces you to push or carry big boxes strategically, it's like a puzzle maze mission), and there's also missions where you have to gather up animals from farms, and find more treasures inside dungeons with the help of your Servbots and a flying propeller-driven object called Finkel.

I say you should play all of the missions, but if you get too tired somewhere (especially if you have problems with the Container Puzzle missions), just revisit the Nakkai Ruins and gather up enough Zenny and you will reach the Last Level in no time. ^^

I say it's all worth it because of the wonderful childish script and the humor. I love cartoon/anime-type games. ^^

Just realized I do have ePSXe. Would you check my plugins to see if they are the best for my PC

Anything with Pete's on it is good enough. ^^

As I understood it, the main differences between 64 and PS were loading times (very short on 64)

Maybe, but still not that noticeable, because when switching locations (like say you enter a door), the game shows a "door-entering" scene, so the game will load while that happens, which acts like shortening the loading time, on both PS and N64 versions (or pretty much any version).

and voiceover sound quality (quite low on 64).

Correct. Plus, there are a lot of music and other sounds cut off from the N64 version, like the CD-display music you can hear in the Music Store in Apple Market. In the N64 version, they were removed, and on the other versions (especially PS and PSP), they were kept. ^^

But last I tried playing 64 emulated it had some fairly significant bugs like not being able to see walls until you stood right next to them, so I'd go with ePSXe.

Excellent choice. ^^

Finally, to everyone, if you can just look past the language barriers, the PSP versions are the better versions on all points.

Thanks to the hardware of the PSP, a port from PS1 to PSP makes many elements load and play better than intended. When you run around in the slow underwater dungeons in the second game (especially Nino Ruins), with the added processing power of the PSP, the frame rate and the overall aspects of the underwater ruins runs wonderfully well, while on the PS version, everything moved way too slow. I will try and show a demonstration of this on actual hardware.

And every cutscene in the PSP versions are subtitled (but in Japanese tho, but still a good thing compared to the past versions, which didn't have them in the first place). I mean in general, a lot of aspects in the PSP versions load and plays as close or better than the PS1 versions, and you can set the screen to traditional 4:3 ratio or 16:9 wide screen if you want to.

The reason PS1 "would be" better than PSP though, is the added L2 and R2 buttons for lock-on and things like that. PSP doesn't have those extra buttons, so to be able to lock-on to an enemy, you have to hold down both L and R shoulder buttons. Depending on what kind of player you are, it can be both a nuisance, or a comfortable thing. 8D

And instead of being forced to find "Rockman DASH 2 Episode 1" along with Tron ni Kobun on some rare Ebay/Yahoo Auction, that game is included with the PSP version of Rockman DASH 2. ^^

I'll spam some more screens and translations if you want to try the PSP version.

If you want more specific DASH/Legends questions, I'm right here. ^^

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Trang

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: March 12, 2009, 12:10:15 AM
And instead of being forced to find "Rockman DASH 2 Episode 1" along with Tron ni Kobun...
What's this episode 1?

Well, I think I'll go with the PSX versions, but it will take a loooong time to downlaod them (I presume they are 500 mb each) on my very slow 400 kb/s connection.

Thank you again.

EDIT: L1 is 200mb, so it should be a lot faster. I said 500 because my only reference was my Legends of Mana iso.

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: March 12, 2009, 12:30:33 AM
What's this episode 1?

Normally included in a separate disc with Tron ni Kobun (the disc on the right), it's "kinda" like a demo disc of Rockman DASH 2, but still not. It's like a very small prequel to the second game, but it was only available in Japan. You get to play 4 different missions that you can select from a starting menu with funny images as the mugshots.

The first one is a training mode where you get to learn how the controls for the game works, as well as talking to a few of your friends on this town (that didn't make it to the final version of the game) and enter a dungeon to learn the controls there as well. The second mission requires you to look for pigs hiding across the grassy plains of Calbania, grab them with your Claw Arm and give them to Sue. The third one is more dungeon/ruin exploring, with plenty of Reaverbots to fight.

The last one is a Legends fan favorite. Tron Bonne decides to mess around with Rock and offers him to join the pirates. Rock think about it, and a day dream shows "what if Rock and Tron joined forces". A cute cutscene that is so laughable, Rock shoots people and stuff and they scream in terror. Rock wakes up from the day dream and says No to the offer. Tron failed to lure him so they kidnapped Roll and now you have to run through plenty of the Bonne family's machines and Servbots, who are protecting keys to reach Roll. In a last fight with Tron herself, you see the wooden box that Roll is in is empty. Someone else already rescued her, but who would that be? ;3

It's a very funny little "demo disc", and if you ever find it, I suggest you try it out, or look at some youtube videos. ^^

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Trang

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: March 12, 2009, 02:48:05 AM
Very nice... Who rescued Roll?  8)

Just downloaded L1 but it doesn't seem to run 100% on my computer O.o' (lagging a lot to shoot when reaverbots appear)...
I thought it would be ok, I'm really upset.

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: March 13, 2009, 08:05:16 AM
Maybe if you switched to another Pete's plugin?
OpenGL requires some processing power.
D3D or something should work better. o.o

Who rescued Roll?

Data~ >U<

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Trang

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: March 14, 2009, 02:53:31 AM
I thought OpenGL was the lamest of them... That day I had some kind of bug but now it's working nice...
I just started the game though, because I'm in so much trouble with college. I'll play it when I get over next week's tests...

Just one complaint: I need subtitles because I can't understand cutscenes ALL the time (I understand like 80% of it) and I lose lots of punch lines...