Align · 344194

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #450 on: December 14, 2009, 02:04:08 AM
I like all of it. Playing the cute little tunes and go on relaxing train rides~ >U<

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Irgendein

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #451 on: December 14, 2009, 02:14:34 AM
Personally, I was a bit disappointed with it. It is an improvement over PH in some ways, but not by much (the train gets repetitive real fast). Dungeons are even easier than PH's I find too, except maybe the Tower of Spirits, which is when I had the most fun in the game.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #452 on: December 14, 2009, 02:34:52 AM
Dungeons are even easier than PH's I find too.

Having just done PH's dungeons myself I find it REALLY hard to believe that ST's dungeons can be anything but harder.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Irgendein

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #453 on: December 14, 2009, 02:39:32 AM
Having just done PH's dungeons myself I find it REALLY hard to believe that ST's dungeons can be anything but harder.
Well, I haven't played PH in a while, so I can't quite remember. Trust me though, you'll breeze through ST's first dungeon real quick

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #454 on: December 14, 2009, 02:49:21 AM
Well, it IS the first dungeon, but what about the rest? ALL of PH's dungeons were too easy.

Offline Irgendein

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #455 on: December 14, 2009, 02:51:50 AM
Well, it IS the first dungeon, but what about the rest? ALL of PH's dungeons were too easy.
They're just as easy, really, but a bit longer than the first one, perhaps. Like I said, I haven't played PH in a long while, so I can't remember just how easy they were. Also note I've still yet to get the last dungeon of ST (bloody Flute segment is stopping me)

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile

Offline Irgendein

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #457 on: December 16, 2009, 04:13:04 AM
Looks like I'll actually be paying attention to E3 this year,

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #458 on: December 16, 2009, 04:18:19 AM
They're just as easy, really, but a bit longer than the first one, perhaps. Like I said, I haven't played PH in a long while, so I can't remember just how easy they were. Also note I've still yet to get the last dungeon of ST (bloody Flute segment is stopping me)

Well, I'll be doing ST's second dungeon in a while, so we'll see. Still, even if the first dungeon was short and easy, I actually liked its puzzle more than most of PH's.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #459 on: December 16, 2009, 04:22:32 AM
I know a few folks who'll flip with this news. Discuss.

I doubt they'll have something ready in time. He's not promising anything, anyway.

[spoiler]Sato the Hype Slayer strikes again![/spoiler]

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #460 on: December 16, 2009, 04:25:13 AM
[spoiler]You'll see Sato! YOUUUUU'LL SEEE-- ARGH!

*Goes out in a Power Rangers like agony screech & canned explosion effect*[/spoiler]

I am [tornado fang]ing bored. XD

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #461 on: December 16, 2009, 04:35:17 AM
Just don't count your chickens.

Also, I take it back. They probably will have something to show. I'm just not in the best of moods.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #462 on: December 16, 2009, 04:39:15 AM
Well, 2010 2011 or after robo-chicken-zombie apocalypse, here's some new (and a few oldish) details cropping up on the notes behind the game thus far, courtesy of Official Nintendo Magazine:

•MotionPlus has been incorporated into the game, and Link is "already reproducing almost perfectly what you do with the remote and MotionPlus. Our team has already got a solid response from this aspect of the software."

•The structure of the game has been changed significantly from previous games, and Aonuma hopes that people will be surprised with the changes.

•The game has been well under development for some time now, and Aonuma is hopeful that they will be able to show something at E3 2010.

•MotionPlus was not even conceived when development started on the game, so they had to experiment with the idea of such inclusion part-way through development.

•Most bizzare of all, Aonuma mentions that a definite graphical style for the game has not yet been decided. Aonuma says that it's possible that they may even go for something completely new, but hints that it will likely be on the realism side of the spectrum (as opposed to cel-shading). (They mentio something along the lines of watercolors.)

•Aonuma has been reading speculation on the internet and says that some of it is correct, but cannot elaborate on it until next year.

•Aonuma has been playing Monster Hunter Tri in order to see what aspects most appeal to the audience. Does this indicate that there is a possibility of some ideas been nabbed from that game and incorporated into the new Zelda game?

And an interesting quote from Miyamoto on one idea in particular:

NP: Now, before you showed the image, you talked about wanting everybody to have unique, personal memories of their adventures in Hyrule. Is that something you're actually trying to implement in the game--a personalized Zelda experience for every player?

Miyamoto: Every person's own individual experiences with the game should be unique and [be] their own sort of "My Zelda" experience, and I think that's super important, and we have to look at that when we're creating dungeons and how we can make that come true. So spending a lot of time concentrating our efforts in that area. But it's not going to become individual: "Hi, I'm this Zelda!" or "I'm this Zelda!" or "I'm this Link!" or whatever. The experience will be unique but within this world that we've defined.

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #463 on: December 16, 2009, 04:43:31 AM
Just don't count your chickens.
i find it hilarious that that's directed at jericho.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #464 on: December 16, 2009, 04:44:06 AM

Holy [parasitic bomb]. XD

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #465 on: December 16, 2009, 04:53:44 AM
That's funny in a couple ways, actually.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #466 on: December 16, 2009, 06:10:26 AM

As do I. 

Also, looking forward to E3.  If only Ninja Lou could go...

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #467 on: December 16, 2009, 07:15:59 AM
Well, here's to hoping they've learned their lesson. Aonuma's direction could have so much potential... as long as he stops trying to be Miyamoto. He should just do his own thing, fully bring his own flair into it.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #468 on: December 16, 2009, 07:21:17 AM
Well, here's to hoping they've learned their lesson. Aonuma's direction could have so much potential... as long as he stops trying to be Miyamoto. He should just do his own thing, fully bring his own flair into it.

Of all the developers in the world, I think the only one that I would never envy is Aonuma. Seriously, the guy as you said has amazing talent, but the amount of back and forth he has to do with Miyamoto to get things done in a manner than the both of them can agree on is just crazy. XD

Offline Kit

• #1 wizard of disappearing
  • Master's Unit
  • hue
    • View Profile
    • Art stuff
Reply #469 on: December 17, 2009, 01:38:52 AM
WHAT

WHAT

WHAT IS THIS

WHAT

they dont think it be like it is but it do

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #470 on: December 23, 2009, 02:06:33 PM
WHAT

WHAT

WHAT IS THIS

WHAT

I was waiting for this one. XD

Posted on: December 16, 2009, 07:58:17 PM
Another day, another Eiji Aonuma interview related to his development on Zelda Wii. This time however, we are getting quite an interesting comment on why TP was in the director's own words "uninspired":

Series director Eiji Aonuma says “sheer grand scale" is the starting point for developing the next Zelda.

Edge 211 features Links To The Past, an in-depth interview with series director Eiji Aonuma about his memories of working on gaming’s greatest franchise. But there are a few nods to the future, as well. We asked Aonuma about the ‘epic’ feel of Twilight Princess and its subsequent reception, to which he said:

“For Twilight Princess we used the adult Link and one of the interesting things about that was how we considered the precise proportions of Link and the world. The scale is because we aimed for a more realistic quality in the size of the environments of Hyrule and what that Link faced.

"But the question is whether or not we were able to incorporate any and all of the interesting game ideas that were able to take advantage of that kind of sheer grand scale within the Zelda universe. I am afraid that definitely no, we were not able to do all the things that perhaps with hindsight we had the capabilities to do. With that as the starting point, we are now developing the Wii version of Legend Of Zelda.”

Aonuma went on to admit that the discrepancy between imagination and representation was his greatest regret about the previous Wii game:

“In the case of Spirit Tracks it was relatively easier, because regardless of the actual proportions between the player character and the other objects, we can simply concentrate upon the many game ideas we want to realise. But in the case of trying to depict a relatively photorealistic three-dimensional world, we have to be very careful to adapt the ideas so that they seem to perfectly fit with that world. I must admit that's actually one of my very greatest regrets as regards the Twilight Princess.”

Source

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #471 on: December 23, 2009, 02:54:25 PM
Sounds like Nintendo wants to go all out on this one.

Offline Thanatos-Zero

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
Reply #472 on: December 23, 2009, 03:07:22 PM
Sounds like Nintendo wants to go all out on this one.
WITH A BANG!
You got to love Prometheus and Pandora.

We shall see if Nintendo has success or not.  [eyebrow]

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #473 on: December 23, 2009, 03:24:03 PM
Oh I'm pretty optimistic.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!