The "Paradise Lost" technique?

Acrosurge · 11241

Offline Acrosurge

• Crossover Hunter
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
on: August 24, 2009, 04:13:00 AM
You know the one.  When X/Zero/Axl start to overpower Lumine in his final form, he releases a cascade of energy, turtles up, and the sky becomes dark.  If you don't defeat Lumine soon after this, he'll use an instant kill attack that annihilates your Hunter team.

My question:  Is there any official documentation on what Lumine's "Paradise Lost" is actually doing?  Reality warp?  Black hole?  Physical manifestation of the complexity of Milton?

Enjoy life,
Acrosurge

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 04:21:16 AM
Maybe the darkness is gravity manifest, and crushes the slow ones.

Offline X-3

• ???
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 04:36:44 AM
I don't think they had an idea behind the true nature of Paradise Lost. Having the screen go black and then hearing your beloved character die screaming is somewhat disturbing. The ambiguity helps.

To give a proper answer, I guess the most logical answer in my eyes is that he used some powerful dark energy. Kind of a lame guess.

Offline Sub Tank

• Neo Arcadian
  • PHOTOBUCKET EXPIRED
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 04:47:52 AM
I'm sure whatever it is, it involves tentacles.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 05:05:37 AM
Well, Lumine is supposed to represent an angel gone bad, Lucifer, really, so its like, it cannot be comprehended. its just, some divine, evil force that just, kills you.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: August 24, 2009, 05:09:58 AM
Well, Lumine is supposed to represent an angel gone bad, Lucifer, really, so its like, it cannot be comprehended.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: August 24, 2009, 05:16:55 AM
haha... XD actually, thats exactly what I was thinking of. XD

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Acrosurge

• Crossover Hunter
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: August 24, 2009, 05:20:16 AM
Well, Lumine is supposed to represent an angel gone bad, Lucifer, really, so its like, it cannot be comprehended. its just, some divine, evil force that just, kills you.
Well, I'm okay with Lumine having this "divine" ability, but only if there's a reason how/why he obtained this power.  For instance, Sigma can really hack huge chunks off your energy meter.  Reason: He's the strongest reploid in history.  Epsilon can reduce your HP to 1.  Reason: He can manipulate energy and his body utilizes Supra Force Metal.  Great Redips can completely dominate you at first.  Reason: He's equipped super-refined supra force metal.  Awakened Zero can insta-kill you.  Reason: The Virus unlocks his potential power.

No one else besides Zero and Lumine have instant kill techniques.  I guess I'm fascinated with why and how Lumine has such an ability.  He is, after all, a newcomer to the events of 21XX.

Enjoy life,
Acrosurge

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: August 24, 2009, 05:30:17 AM
Looks more like they just wanted to sneak in X8's subtitle to the game in some form, so here's a generic one hit kill attack.

Offline Acrosurge

• Crossover Hunter
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: August 24, 2009, 05:34:35 AM
Looks more like they just wanted to sneak in X8's subtitle to the game in some form, so here's a generic one hit kill attack.
You have to admit that the darkness closing in (along with the building music) was a pretty cool effect, though.  Lumine's transition from an "angel of light" to an "angel of dark" also fits very nicely with the title.

Do you suppose its too much to hope that X Complete Works will have some design notes relating to the PL?

Enjoy life,
Acrosurge

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: August 24, 2009, 06:14:43 AM
mmm.. I dont know... :\

Offline Rodrigo Shin

• Not a Zero series
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • Ácido Cinza
Reply #11 on: August 24, 2009, 10:16:08 AM
Maybe the darkness is gravity manifest, and crushes the slow ones.
I always thought of it that way. More than likely some shady japanese databook explains the intricacies of purple-haired emo seraph.

Until the fateful day such light is shed, I'll ride with it. Well, it's not like it matters unless it's put to use somewhere, so... uh, yeah.

The reason for retcon is to cancel out contradictions
a retcon is a last resort to erase a contradiction
Guys, please let me know when did Gwen Stacy getting retroactively impregnated with Goblin Twins solve any contradiction whatsoever and didn't create a whole set of new ones. TTFN

--

Whenever it comes to "consensus" and things alike, always remember Tony Bullet-Tooth's sage advice:
"You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: August 24, 2009, 10:20:54 AM
Eh, I never stuck around to see it happen. Was lame anyways. He probably just drops spikes on you.

Offline Acrosurge

• Crossover Hunter
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: August 24, 2009, 06:24:22 PM
Eh, I never stuck around to see it happen. Was lame anyways. He probably just drops spikes on you.
I waited just to see what would happen.  I still think the execution is kind of cool.

Enjoy life,
Acrosurge

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: August 24, 2009, 06:29:25 PM
The screen turns black. which means the stage dissappears. Which means you fall to your death?

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #15 on: August 24, 2009, 06:30:24 PM
Not just the stage. The whole world is reset~

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Psycho Yuffie

• Neo Arcadian
  • Pffft!
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: August 24, 2009, 06:55:38 PM
Not just the stage. The whole world is reset~
Considering how screwed up the Rockman universe is, I fail to see how resetting it would be a bad thing. -u-'

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #17 on: August 24, 2009, 07:01:42 PM
Considering how screwed up the Rockman universe is, I fail to see how resetting it would be a bad thing. -u-'

And how time travel/time altering's involved doesn't help either.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #18 on: August 24, 2009, 07:13:04 PM
Resetting ends the progress of world evolution.
A new world can be made from that point, with different visions than the last one.

From who's point of view do YOU think it's a bad thing? For the hunters or for Lumine? >U<

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Psycho Yuffie

• Neo Arcadian
  • Pffft!
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: August 24, 2009, 07:27:20 PM
Resetting ends the progress of world evolution.
A new world can be made from that point, with different visions than the last one.

From who's point of view do YOU think it's a bad thing? For the hunters or for Lumine? >U<
Resetting is bad for both. Lumine went insane, right? That "I'm going to kill myself and take as many with me as a I can" mentality. Which in his case, meant the entire universe. In the case of the planet all this crap happens, though, I'm sure it wouldn't mind being put out of its misery. All of those crazy robots blowing stuff up, crashing satellites into it, and creating weird things like robotic plants. And this huge, never-ending war ends up in a global flood, right?

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: August 24, 2009, 07:30:06 PM
And how time travel/time altering's involved doesn't help either.

what does that have to do with anything we're talking about?

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #21 on: August 24, 2009, 07:38:07 PM
If I remember, there was this move that Lumine will attempt to freeze you in place with an inverted BG. Plus when the dark doors close, that's when the Big Bang begins and the world is reset and will insta-kill your team.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: August 24, 2009, 07:44:45 PM
that's when the Big Bang begins and the world is reset and will insta-kill your team.

you're making [parasitic bomb] up again.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: August 24, 2009, 10:07:45 PM
all that happens is the screen goes dark, and he gives your team a hug, GunXSword Clawed Man style.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: August 24, 2009, 10:10:13 PM
Isn't that what Akuma does as well?