The Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Topic (ITS MAHVEL 3 BAYBEE)

Solar · 388948

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Your friendly neighborhood digger!
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #2325 on: November 21, 2011, 09:46:12 PM
If they do the update "AE Style" and make it an add-on for people who already have the game then I wouldn't have too much of a problem with it.  Shelling out $15 for an update isn't nearly as bad as having to buy the game all over again.  Also, my strategy guide just arrived today, and it's pretty darn huge!  Easily the most thorough guide I've ever seen on a fighting game to date.

PSN: AquaTeamV3
NNID: BaconStunner
GGPO: AquaTeamV3
My YouTube Channel
The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #2326 on: November 22, 2011, 03:06:49 AM
They're hung up on X more than anything, and again Capcom has no one to blame but themselves. I've said it before and I'll say it again, that's what happens when you treat your customers like utter [parasitic bomb] and offer no compensation. Hahahaha, and as for "companies going for whatever can make them the fastest buck/fan demand backing this up," please see below...

LOL! If by "disregarding the authors for one moment and speaking solely in the context of the game's structure" you mean "ignore the fact that Capcom ignored the DLC in the original $60 dollar game and forced their customers to buy a brand new $40 Expansion pack which in turn made said $60 purchase 100% useless" I'll be honest....I personally find that kinda hard to disregard. But that's just me.

I mean honestly, what about this MVC3 series gives you any sense of hope or reason it could happen? The very game itself is almost concrete, Phoenix Wright-able evidence that they have 0% interest in utilizing their DLC system. They charge $60 for the bare-minimum'd first game, ignored the game's structure, then made that very purchase obsolete by releasing this version of it. Realistically, what that shows is that the only chance of seeing X or any other MM character in a MvC3 fighting game is if they release another brand new $40 game and make UMvC3 useless. I mean, they've already stated that they have no plans at this moment to utilize DLC for characters at this time. Again, not concrete evidence but considering UMvC3 itself, it's pretty clear that Capcom is interested in giving the fans of this game the bare minimum and essentially screwing them out of as much money as possible because they know that people are going to buy it regardless.

And you think that Capcom thinks MM fans are worth listening to? X was the top polled character, showing that most of them actually do care, and he wasn't in the game anyway but a skin & card. So because X fans don't start a 100,000 X Fans Strong To Get Mega Man X in UMvC3 Facebook page, they're disloyal? Because they don't think he'll be put in the game based on the evidence already clearly shoved in our faces for $40 after already spending $60, X fans are disloyal? As of now, all that's being shown is that Capcom already doesn't give a [parasitic bomb] what MM fans think. People are still furious over how they were treated, and they've been offered zero compensation to make up for that, except for a brief statement from Seth Killian for fans not to give up hope on the MM franchise.

Keep in mind too, I don't even think putting X in UMvC3 in anyway would help ease fan anger over how they were treated. They want more than X in a fighting game. As insanely happy as it would make me, they want more than another downloadable 8-Bit Classic series MM game. They want a new high end game, and both the intelligent fans & the Capcom business executives know that there is little to no profit in making one right now.

Also keep in mind, I'm an optimist. I don't think the franchise in done with in any stretch of the imagination. However, what the overly optimistic and depressed pessimistic don't seem to realize is that the series is no longer profitable and people outside of the MM fanbase have little to no interest in the franchise anymore. I don't care that X isn't in UMvC3, because it doesn't [tornado fang]ing matter in terms of both X fandom or the future of the MM Franchise. It's a goddamn fighting game. And this one is still a $40 expansion pack that makes the first game absolutely useless. I'm much more upset about that than X not being in the game, in terms of the MvC franchise. In terms of fighting games, I'd love another TatsuCap. So people who are complaining that X is not in a fighting game and think it has anything to do with the franchises' history are just as foolish as people who think that X fans are disloyal for not pushing for him to be a DLC character harder after they've already ignored both his #1 polling & the fact that Capcom has ignored the DLC in the previous $60 game.
Well, I'm not arguing with any of that.  Capcom has treated Mega Man like [parasitic bomb].  Period.  No questions.

And I'm positive you're right on with DLC characters, it's Capcom's long-established pattern to just offer unlock flags and call it a day.  But I'm talking about the nutcases who believe the hypothetical DLC character scenario and yet also state that X will have no part in it solely because of those freaking skins; which I see plenty of.  It's a fine mix of selective reasoning and paranoia.  And yeah, I don't take inadequate references as trolling AT ALL.  I take them as poorly attempted fanservice, that happens to be completely inadequate.  The latter is lazy, the earlier is malicious.  There's a word of difference.  I know full well Capcom doesn't listen to us, but hurling trolling accusations at them only justifies their ignoring us.

I cannot stress this enough: Every damn word of your post rings true.  For no reason whatsoever should the fans be happy with what's going on.  It's just that I see entirely too many of them who don't apply such actual intelligence to their complaints, and it gets frustrating.  I get why they're in the mood that they are, I just wish more of them would find their way to the legitimate complaints, because it sure as hell isn't like there aren't enough such complaints to bring to the table.

But when you treat your customers like [parasitic bomb], they are in a shitty mood cause they've essentially been covered in [parasitic bomb]. I think what REALLY irritates fans more than anything, without a lot of them even knowing it, is that after what they did with MML3, and hell after paying $100 for a fighting game, they don't really want to support the company anymore but they know that Capcom has them by the balls when it comes to their favorite types of games to play. This is why Capcom doesn't have to offer any sort of compensation for the MML3 debacle, because despite them covering you with [parasitic bomb] they know people are still coming back to them, because gamers are just as much addicts as crack users.
So.  Damn.  True.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #2327 on: November 22, 2011, 06:47:35 AM
I cannot stress this enough: Every damn word of your post rings true.  For no reason whatsoever should the fans be happy with what's going on.  It's just that I see entirely too many of them who don't apply such actual intelligence to their complaints, and it gets frustrating.  I get why they're in the mood that they are, I just wish more of them would find their way to the legitimate complaints, because it sure as hell isn't like there aren't enough such complaints to bring to the table.

Well it's understandable, to a certain degree. Anger clouds judgment & reason, especially when you're angry over a disservice to both you and something you love. I mean, I just recently got upset over Kojima saying something about a Metal Gear Solid 5, when I still have yet to see my Zone of the Enders 3. I know why I'll see a MGS5 over a ZOE3, but it still upsets me. Haha, lord only knows what my reaction would be if Konami pulled the same [parasitic bomb] with ZOE3 that Capcom did with MML3. You'd see a steady stream of creative profanity out of my mouth the likes of which has never been seen on this site before. I agree in the fact that the X omission in UMvC3 is not a huge complaint as compared to what Capcom did regarding MML3. However, this is a product of it. Everything MM related is going to set people off now. Everything. Like I said, I'd be super happy if they announced another 8-Bit DLC MegaMan 11 with more joyous Playable Blues. However, now they really can't because the outrage over it would be huge. You'll see so many of "So all you can give us is re-hashing old [parasitic bomb] rather than an actual new game?" that the only reason they'd make some kind of a profit are because fans like me have no choice but to buy Playable Blues, and because it's my favorite type of MM game to play.

In all honesty, complaining of any kind will do nothing. The only thing that will make them notice the true folly of what they've done is to no longer support them monetarily. Sadly though, there's no chance of that happening.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #2328 on: November 23, 2011, 02:39:16 AM
Something I just noticed about the DLC costume packs. I didn't think of it at first, but having the final pack include 5 characters means that one character is missing from the total. And it's Nova's alt, which I think was mentioned is based off something that hasn't been officially revealed yet. Could that be why it won't be included in any packs until the complete set? It's just strange.

As much as I want the 90's Jean Grey today, I'm gonna wait on the full set cause I would've spent that $20 on 5 packs anyway.

Also, actually, I may reconsider Zero. I don't feel I'm getting as much done with him, and cause I play on a controller, I can't really use charge shots all that well. The only times I would use it would be on an incoming character or in the Sogenmu loop.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #2329 on: November 23, 2011, 03:18:30 PM
I thought Nova's alt was a 'classic look' like Thor's?

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2330 on: November 23, 2011, 04:33:00 PM
They explicitly mentioned that it hasn't even been shown on the comics yet when they were explaining the origin of each alt.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Ninja Lou

• Samurai/Ninja of RPM
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Ninjas........Damn
    • View Profile
Reply #2331 on: November 24, 2011, 03:22:54 PM
I think Nova is still missing/dead in the comic world. That will probably be the suit he returns in.

This post has been approved by Marle!

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #2332 on: November 24, 2011, 03:45:19 PM
He's supposedly coming back as a "Kid Nova" or something.......and it doesn't look good.

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #2333 on: November 25, 2011, 04:29:42 PM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqjpxS_FWVg[/youtube]

And to think, this was supposed to be a move instated to lower the "derp" factor of Wolverine.

My YouTube Channel

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #2334 on: November 25, 2011, 08:26:41 PM
Well, it still requires some setup and apparently is only possible on the 4 fattest characters. And when the first patch comes out it'll probably fix that along with the glitches found so far.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #2335 on: November 29, 2011, 03:45:04 AM
*falls out of chair laughing*

Okay, so this is the funniest thing I've seen in a long time.  Apparently the Capcom execs were such big fans of Maximilian's work that...well, you just have to watch it.  I was planning on using Doom as an anchor for my team anyway, but this...just solidified that decision.

[spoiler]I'm not sure if it's a practical joke by Max or not, but it's still hilarious either way.[/spoiler]

My YouTube Channel

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #2336 on: November 29, 2011, 05:01:44 AM
[spoiler]It is actually something I could see Capcom putting in the game. But this is definitely a joke. When you saw The Real Doom in a different font, that should've been a clue. And apparently X is the thumbnail picture for the video.[/spoiler]

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #2337 on: November 29, 2011, 05:17:58 AM
[spoiler]And that's why Doom's one of my favorites in the Marvel Universe, gotta love that snarky side of him, bravo max for pulling this thing off.[/spoiler]

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #2338 on: December 30, 2011, 08:21:03 PM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVi1ZaKTq8w[/youtube]

Deadpool's comment made me laugh, and then the note about Norman's hair gel made me laugh even harder! XD

Posted on: December 06, 2011, 18:19:35
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=AEAmudYo7Qk[/youtube]

Given that this is a Megaman forum, a lot of this stuff would seem elementary.  A lot of the subtle stuff I never noticed, though, like the standing animation and Yammar Option's similarity to Ouroboros.

My YouTube Channel

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #2339 on: December 30, 2011, 09:25:15 PM
Much appreciated for the more obsessive fanboyishness in all of us. 8)

The vast majority of that is lifted from TvC.  Right down to the basic attack combo being basically the X4/X5 attack with Zero switching his dominant hand, and even the double-bladed variety to the Hadangeki (incidentally, X5's saber wave was called Denharei, or likely Denha Zero with the way MvC3 is translating).

Aside from the obvious graphical changes, basically what was new to MvC3 was the Raikousen, the fact that Rekkoha is performed with the buster (the mechanics of the attack were obviously redone as well), and Genmurei.  I gotta admit, that last one caught me by surprise.  I thought it was supposed to be Rekkyoudan, from X8, especially since his debut trailer depicted it as a projectile reflector.

I'm surprised that they neglected to mention the fact that, despite it's name, Sogenmu's handling is more akin to Heat Haze, especially given that they chose Command Mission music for that segment in the video.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #2340 on: December 30, 2011, 09:32:35 PM
I'm surprised that they neglected to mention the fact that, despite it's name, Sogenmu's handling is more akin to Heat Haze, especially given that they chose Command Mission music for that segment in the video.

Take note that Heat Haze had the X and Y command input. Therefore Sogenmu's the most likely canidate. If it were Heat Haze, there would've been yet another greyscale Zero behind him. I'm not sure, correct me if I'm wrong.

Expect Ulti Marvel vs Capcom 3 (360) from me soon. If not then well.. yipe.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #2341 on: December 31, 2011, 02:11:30 AM
I always thought Zero's crouching H/Jumping S was supposed to be this

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #2342 on: December 31, 2011, 03:26:53 AM
That's Zero's aerial attack (see 2:00), merely using the transitional frames for if he lands while performing it.

I prefer to just think of those two as original, as the movement doesn't really match Ensuizan that well, and the ground version of that attack is taken from TvC, which was a lot more literal in its attack animations than MvC3 was (MvC3 is obviously taking larger creative liberties with moves like Rekkoha and Genmurei).

Take note that Heat Haze had the X and Y command input. Therefore Sogenmu's the most likely canidate. If it were Heat Haze, there would've been yet another greyscale Zero behind him. I'm not sure, correct me if I'm wrong.
You actually have to equip two Heat Hazes for that to happen.

Sogenmu is used because it's from a main-series game, that's pretty much it.  Launcher/Rising is a pretty loose connection and could just as easily relate to X6's third combo hit, among other things.

Offline RetroRespecter

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #2343 on: February 01, 2012, 10:04:07 PM
Capcom-Unity is streaming the PlayStation Vita port of Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3. The address is http://www.twitch.tv/capcomunity.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #2344 on: February 02, 2012, 12:29:05 AM
What's the community for this game like on RPM? Do we have anyone else besides Sato maybe that watches streams of the game being played? I asked this because the Grand Finals of the past Curleh Mustache invitational series was the stuff of legends.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N24QEXQvsg4[/youtube]

Dat Morrigan Sou Sou Sou Sou XD

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #2345 on: February 03, 2012, 05:18:07 AM
WOW. That was one hell of a match. The guy really adapted and pulled it off. It reminds me of how I play at times. Awesome video.

Knockout Mondays

WIP Wednesdays

Weekend Game Hangout

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #2346 on: February 03, 2012, 05:25:18 AM
Yeah, I really liked this match, even if a lot of youtube heads are mad at Morrigan's zoning game backed by Doom Missiles being amazingly guud. MarlinPie's combos though? Jesus Christ. XD

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #2347 on: February 03, 2012, 05:27:33 AM

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #2348 on: February 03, 2012, 07:53:55 PM
even if a lot of youtube heads are mad at Morrigan's zoning game backed by Doom Missiles being amazingly guud

Yes, it is an effective and cheap tactic, but there are solutions to it. He just had to change his way of thinking to combat it. It's legitimate, as much as I hate to say it.

The guy obviously had skills when he finally did get in and started raping the characters one by one. He just needed a way to get in.

Knockout Mondays

WIP Wednesdays

Weekend Game Hangout

Offline Ramzal

• B-Class Hunter
  • Don't sweat the technique.
    • View Profile
Reply #2349 on: February 07, 2012, 03:34:22 AM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IYNWnRt4bo&list=FL7Oy1aX7PZ1pxuBsqNto8MA&feature=mh_lolz[/youtube]

Okay, a bit of "OMG, I did good." patting myself on the back here, but footage of me taking on Max at 2:10 I think... I can't help but think that I did a damn good job with Spidey in that match.