I didn't think being left handed affected touch controls of all things. :\

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #1476 on: April 17, 2013, 09:13:54 PM
Actually, they don't. You can swap them for left handed controls.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #1477 on: April 17, 2013, 09:25:47 PM
Left Handed controls almost never work for me either.

I use a Stylus in my Left hand because I write left handed. And trying to use it in my right hand is, to put it simply, very unusual feeling.

Everything else... Right Handed. Like with Wii games that have Left-Handed Controls available, those feel awkward to me (I would know, I first played Wii Sports with Leftie controls and it was the worst.)

Its a very strange predicament when you can only write or hold a stylus in your left hand but are unable to efficiently do much else.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #1478 on: April 18, 2013, 12:47:46 AM
Seriously? SERIOUSLY?
Calling the touch screen controls gimmicky is like calling an analog stick gimmicky. In fact, PH and ST had the best touch controls the DS had to offer. (ST even improved them by getting rid of that stupid rolling technique in favor of a quick double tap.) I found it way easier just using the buttons to pop up menus or quick-select an item rather than having to access all that from the touch screen.
Oh well. Different strokes for different folks.
What I call "gimmicky" about that is ignoring all other inputs your hardware has to offer even when they are in every way appropriate, just because.  I'm aware of very few if any analogue stick games to do that.

Touch-screen games don't bother me.  Touch-only games, they kinda do.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1479 on: April 18, 2013, 12:53:04 AM
i'm not sure what to think about this sequel since i lack a 3DS but hey i guess I have the inevitable remixes to look forward to? Hidden Mountain and Forest is always good.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1480 on: April 18, 2013, 02:09:26 AM
I don't know what to make of this yet. Doesn't look like something worth more than $30.

I take it back.

Downloaded the 3D trailer from the eShop and it looks/sounds amazing. I still want to know the replay value though.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #1481 on: April 18, 2013, 03:35:45 PM
I take it back.

Downloaded the 3D trailer from the eShop and it looks/sounds amazing. I still want to know the replay value though.

How does it handle?

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1482 on: April 18, 2013, 04:50:54 PM
How does it handle?

It was a 3D trailer, not a demo.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #1483 on: April 18, 2013, 09:38:59 PM
I personally can't stand the controls in PH personally, so I'm glad this one looks like it's being used with the pad.

Day one for me most likely, considering LttP is my favourite Zelda... heck, possibly my favourite game. If they manage to get the design of the game down right, it could be pretty awesome.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1484 on: April 18, 2013, 09:59:52 PM
Heh, I had no problem with the controls in PH or Spirit Tracks. I just found the game way too easy and tedious in certain parts.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #1485 on: April 19, 2013, 12:28:07 AM
Heh, I had no problem with the controls in PH or Spirit Tracks. I just found the game way too easy and tedious in certain parts.

Phantom Hourglass was a cakewalk. Spirit Tracks had me really frustrated in some parts though, particularly the later dungeons. I consider the two to be their own Oracle of Ages/Seasons. Like how Ages was more combat oriented and Seasons was more puzzle, PH is more combat and ST is more puzzle.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #1486 on: April 19, 2013, 01:54:19 AM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE_xMCt9VLw[/youtube]

That SNES arranged music~ :cookie:

The puzzles are creative too. ^^b

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1487 on: April 19, 2013, 01:58:51 AM
Back to the SNES for some celebration sex, Vixy darling!  0v0

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1488 on: April 19, 2013, 02:27:01 AM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE_xMCt9VLw[/youtube]

That SNES arranged music~ :cookie:

The puzzles are creative too. ^^b

I'm so glad to have been proven wrong about this game not being worth over $30. I NEEDS IT

It might even be a more creative game than Link's Awakening.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #1489 on: April 19, 2013, 06:55:59 PM
Everything right down to the sound effects is reminiscent of ALttP. Although Link's voice acting is pretty obviously recycled straight out of Phantom Hourglass. Ah well, they'll probably have fixed that.

*sigh* I really should get back to that game. I never got past the third dungeon.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #1490 on: April 19, 2013, 08:43:58 PM
Thank god they made that boss easier, I hate that boss so much.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1491 on: April 22, 2013, 08:58:11 PM
REDMOND, Wash., April 22, 2013 - By popular demand, "The Legend of Zelda: Symphony of the Goddesses" concert series is returning with "Season 2" to eight cities from last year's tour and is coming soon to even more locations in North America. Based on one of the most popular and beloved video game series of all time, the tour features live orchestral performances of theme music from Nintendo's The Legend of Zelda franchise. The newly announced dates include:

Returning due to popular demand:

o Atlanta; Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre; June 6
o San Francisco; Louise M. Davies Symphony Hall; June 10
o Montreal; Place des Arts; June 14
o Los Angeles; Greek Theatre; June 12
o Austin, Texas; Long Center; June 29
o Philadelphia; The Mann Center for the Performing Arts; July 25
o Toronto; Sony Centre for the Performing Arts; Sept. 7
o Seattle; Benaroya Hall; Sept. 12

Newly coming to:

o Baltimore; Joseph Meyerhoff Symphony Hall; July 27
o Grand Rapids, Mich.; DeVos Performance Hall; Oct. 19

In cities where the tour will be returning, audiences can expect to experience breathtaking new material exploring additional chapters from The Legend of Zelda franchise, along with traditional performances of the show's now-classic repertoire from last season.

The name "Symphony of the Goddesses" refers not only to the concert program but also to the four-movement symphony recounting the classic storylines from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. The performance also will highlight orchestral renditions of music from other games in the series, including The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask and The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks. EĆ­mear Noone will conduct the full orchestra with arrangements by music director Chad Seiter, and the evening will be hosted by concert producer and lead creative Jeron Moore.

Guests will relish their favorite moments from the now-27-year-old series, carefully and beautifully timed with a gorgeous orchestral score approved by Nintendo sound director and Zelda franchise composer Koji Kondo. The concert is a festive experience for all walks of fans, many of whom attend "cosplaying" as their favorite characters.

"The demand for Zelda is amazing, and this special concert will deliver an unforgettable experience for fans," notes Jason Michael Paul, CEO of Jason Michael Paul Productions, which is producing the concert tour. "These performances transcend culture and geography and unite people through a common love for this venerable and legendary series."

Fans can view a complete tour schedule with ticketing information, and also sign up for a regularly updated digital newsletter, at http://zelda-symphony.com. Club Nintendo members can enjoy an exclusive 15 percent discount to the show by logging into their accounts and looking for the discount code on the Symphony of the Goddesses banner. Consumers that are not Club Nintendo members can join for free at https://club.nintendo.com/. Exclusive concert packs also are available at select GameStop locations.

Here's hoping NYC gets another visit!

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1492 on: April 22, 2013, 09:01:26 PM
Although Link's voice acting is pretty obviously recycled straight out of Phantom Hourglass.

Which in turn is probably the same stuff from Wind Waker.

Sounds the same as that to me at least.

Its better than the damn GBA LttP where Link did the Young Link yell with every single [tornado fang]ing swipe.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #1493 on: April 22, 2013, 10:33:05 PM
Which in turn is probably the same stuff from Wind Waker.

Sounds the same as that to me at least.

Its better than the damn GBA LttP where Link did the Young Link yell with every single [tornado fang]ing swipe.

Much of PH's stuff is recycled from Wind Waker. But they added on a few yells and grunts as well. (ST was entirely original though.)

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #1494 on: April 22, 2013, 10:35:23 PM
Agreed on this so much, and honestly I don't know why they chose young link.  I thought he was at least a teenager in that game from the art.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #1495 on: May 07, 2013, 11:16:51 PM
Wind Waker and Wind Waker HD screenshot comparison. Most of these images we've seen but there are one or two that are new to me.
http://www.ign.com/wikis/the-legend-of-zelda-wind-waker/HD_Screenshot_Comparison

Let's see.
Link is taller, Tetra is suddenly on Windfall Island for no reason, they took a page from BioShock Infinite and bloomed everything, some pretty good texture work, and it looks like they changed a bit of the geography judging by the positioning of the building and ladder in that last shot. Looks like they bump mapped a few of the textures too.

The brightness contrast really hit me the most though. The shadows and the lit parts are more radical in change.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1496 on: May 08, 2013, 12:03:54 AM
I think they would've been wiser to take shots of the GCN Version in a correct Aspect Ratio instead of stretched to hell like that.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #1497 on: May 08, 2013, 12:32:37 AM
RMZX, it's IGN. Do you expect any better?

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1498 on: May 08, 2013, 01:23:10 AM
Point taken.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #1499 on: May 08, 2013, 05:21:44 AM
I wandered into the comments of that page... I immediately regretted it.

Well, it looks alright. Thing is, Wind Waker's style still holds up to this day so I'm not sure I'll go out of my way to rebuy the game no matter how pretty it is. If they make some changes here and there on the other hand... well, it would depend on the changes I guess.