Reply #1200 on: September 30, 2011, 09:44:50 PM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uguXNL93fWg[/youtube]

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #1201 on: September 30, 2011, 09:49:23 PM
Oh man, I remember that game. Lemme search for some youtube gameplay movies!

LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOR
LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOR
LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR

God dammit.
[tornado fang].
I know that feel, I know it all too well.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1202 on: September 30, 2011, 10:36:31 PM
HEY MCFLY

YOU HITTIN' ON MAH ZELDA?

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1203 on: October 07, 2011, 07:32:34 AM
Skyward Sword's intro sequence

I actually refuse to watch this, cause I need to save some enjoyment for when I first get the game. HOWEVER, while I'm not watching, I'm listening to the music.

All I've gotta say is, Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooly [parasitic bomb]. I cannot [tornado fang]ing wait for this game and I cannot [tornado fang]ing wait for the soundtrack to this game.  <3  <3  <3

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1204 on: October 07, 2011, 08:17:52 PM
Skyward Sword's intro sequence

I actually refuse to watch this, cause I need to save some enjoyment for when I first get the game. HOWEVER, while I'm not watching, I'm listening to the music.

All I've gotta say is, Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooly [parasitic bomb]. I cannot [tornado fang]ing wait for this game and I cannot [tornado fang]ing wait for the soundtrack to this game.  <3  <3  <3
Enjoyment? Do you honestly think any Zelda opening can be spoiled?

Here:
MANY YEARS AGO
EEEEEEEEVIL HAPPENED
BUT THEN
GODS SEALED IT
EVIL GONE NOW BUT MIGHT RETURN
LAND IS IN PEACE, NOW ANOTHER STORY IS TOLD

It happens in every single Zelda game. And it's aaaaaaaaaalways the saaaaaaaaaame thiiiiiiiiiiiing. You've watched it a thousand times. I honestly hope there's a skip button.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1205 on: October 07, 2011, 08:23:20 PM
There is enjoyment in seeing an opening's visuals for the first time.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1206 on: October 07, 2011, 08:37:26 PM
You mean static ancient drawings in a parchement background with sloooooow scrolling text? =P

I don't get what's Nintendo's fascination with these. They're all the same.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1207 on: October 07, 2011, 08:39:52 PM
Yes, I mean static ancient drawing in a parchment background with sloooooooow scrolling text! I enjoy watching it!

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1208 on: October 07, 2011, 09:43:54 PM
Alright, suit yourself. =P

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #1209 on: October 10, 2011, 03:22:02 AM
You know I only played a few games but from looks of things, I think that they are going to feature a new villain only to reveal that Ganon was behind it all (again).

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1210 on: October 10, 2011, 10:17:17 AM
If they are, it's gonna be a kind of Ganon origin story. Since this game is supposed to be some kinda big prequel.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #1211 on: October 10, 2011, 11:14:43 AM
Dude, Ocarina of Time was the Ganon origin story. I'm not sure what Ghirahim's true motives are yet, but I'm sure they're not influenced by Ganon.

Unless it's another Ganon. Like these are, yet again, another Link & Zelda.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1212 on: October 10, 2011, 11:38:06 AM
They don't really give a crap about continuity, so they may try to reboot the Ganon origin again, along with the rest.

Plus, we haven't really seen his origin, only his place of origin and his mothers. Heck, he might have been some kinda evil spirit, reborn in a magical male thief. Maybe towards the end of the game, we'll have a slight nod to where his tribe comes from, or something.

Or, Nintendo being who they are, might just ignore all story links and make an unrelated game. 8D

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #1213 on: October 11, 2011, 12:27:43 AM
Dude, Ocarina of Time was the Ganon origin story. I'm not sure what Ghirahim's true motives are yet, but I'm sure they're not influenced by Ganon.

Unless it's another Ganon. Like these are, yet again, another Link & Zelda.
There are at least two Ganons already.  Four Swords Adventure has another Ganon origin story.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1214 on: October 11, 2011, 12:46:31 AM
There are at least two Ganons already.  Four Swords Adventure has another Ganon origin story.
Continuity which Nintendo doesn't care at all for. Specially since the 4 Swords/4SAdventures/Minish Cap trilogy doesn't even tie in with the rest of the games.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #1215 on: October 12, 2011, 03:13:09 AM
Debatable.  FSA has some damn heavy LttP references.

Further, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess (both branching from OoT), both have Ganon killed rather than sealed.

Fact of the matter is, wherever a game is "intended" to be in the timeline, Nintendo is worried less about continuity and more about the individual title.  OoT was meant to be LttP's sealing war, and you can pull quite a few inconsistencies out of it.  Needless to say the timeline these days is far more complicated.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1216 on: October 12, 2011, 10:31:08 AM
Debatable.  FSA has some damn heavy LttP references.

Further, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess (both branching from OoT), both have Ganon killed rather than sealed.

Fact of the matter is, wherever a game is "intended" to be in the timeline, Nintendo is worried less about continuity and more about the individual title.  OoT was meant to be LttP's sealing war, and you can pull quite a few inconsistencies out of it.  Needless to say the timeline these days is far more complicated.
Nintendo never inserts a title subtily into the timeline. They may intend for something to be another thing at first, but then when it's changed, it's no longer valid, and we can't take conclusions from that. When something is from a timeline, it's VERY visible.

We've had the debate before. Nintendo cares about making good games that people can start with at anytime instead of [parasitic bomb] that ties into another story. And looking at vague details such as scenery marks and small references and calling them connections is stupid at best. This is Nintendo, not Valve. If the story tied-in, they would have told us.

If this game, supposed to be the first in the timeline, has Zelda sleep forever until Adventure of Link, THEN you can call it tied-in. But not now.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #1217 on: October 12, 2011, 11:54:41 AM
To all those who care about the timeline, I have an important post. In quote form (wrote on another forum, easier this way)
Quote from: Mirby
So I got the newest Game Informer today, and in it is a 25th Anniversary look back at the series. After that feature is a 10-page feature on Skyward Sword.

Why am I posting this here, you ask? Simple; there's a sidebar regarding this very issue...
Quote from: Game Informer
THE CHRONOLOGY OF ZELDA
   Each Zelda game stands on its own fairly well, but hardcore Zelda fans have spent ages concocting complex theories about how the whole series could connect into a complicated history of Hyrule. With Nintendo being so forthcoming about Skyward Sword being a prequel to Ocarina of Time and telling the origin story of the Master Sword, I can't help but ask Aonuma if the developers behind the games spend much time thinking about how they relate to each other.
   "Obviously we've made so many games now that we can't help but think about how those games connect to one another," Aonuma says. "However, that consideration comes late in the development process. When we create a new game, we don't start with a preset notion of what the story is going to be or how it's going to flow. We start by focusing in on what the core gameplay element is going to be and then develop from that."
   With Skyward sword, the team went into the game knowing that the core gameplay element would be the WiiMotion Plus. With the focus on more fully realized controls, it made sense for the sword itself to play an important part in the plot. So when does it get put into the official timeline?
   "There is a document on my computer that has a stamp on it that says 'Top Secret,'" Aonuma tells me with a laugh. "I actually haven't even shown it to many of the staff members. One of the special privileges of being the producer of the series is that I have the right as we're finalizing the game's story to then decide where it fits in."
   Aonuma says he is afraid that revealing the official Nintendo timeline would lead future Zelda teams to focus on the story more than the gameplay. "People start to focus in on the storyline and gaps in the timeline," he explains. According to Aonuma's design philosophy this is "a backward way of creating a game." Wish as they might for an official word from on high, fans are probably going to have to keep guessing on the true nature of Zelda's history.

tl;dr There is an official timeline, but we'll never see it.

Ahem. Yeah.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1218 on: October 12, 2011, 12:15:23 PM
tl;dr There is an official timeline, but we'll never see it.
Ahem. Yeah.
"we can't help but think about how those games connect to one another"
It's not "making the games connect". It's not "Let's make the story this way". No, it's simply the same theories you people are making, but by Nintendo employees. The people who make the damn games also have no idea how they should connect.

"I have the right as we're finalizing the game's story to then decide where it fits in."

Same as a guy going: "Hey, where would this fit? Yeah, sure, put it there, whatever."

Same as going WE DON'T GIVE A [parasitic bomb]. Nintendo has never given a [parasitic bomb], and this "official timeline" bullshit is given way too much importance by fans. If Nintendo doesn't release the "official" timeline, then it's something known by one or two people on a dev team. Then it's something they'll never show to fans. Thus non-endorsed by a company, and simply as a manner of making things fit in the mind of one of the many creators. It's the same as a guy fitting all of its theories on a Word document, going "Oh, this might fit here and there" after a story is made.

Then WHY call it official? It's not official in any way, because it hasn't even been released. If they don't want us to know how games fit together, then it's most likely they don't WANT US TO FIT THE GAMES TOGETHER. Why would they want to, if every single game starts the story all over again and every single game is a jump point for new players?

Stop reading between the lines and start enjoying each individual game for what it is. For all we know, the devs will have another interview next year stating something completely different, and this was all bullshit to begin with.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #1219 on: October 12, 2011, 01:46:30 PM
If this game, supposed to be the first in the timeline, has Zelda sleep forever until Adventure of Link, THEN you can call it tied-in. But not now.

The story of the sleeping Zelda has no relevance to any of the titles preceding the LoZ-AoL duology. The game manual speaks of a Great King which ruled Hyrule with the united Triforce. The Zelda of that time was put to sleep by her own brother over a dispute for the Triforce which he could not inherit in full. The Triforce of Courage had been sealed away long before that, and only one chosen as the crest bearer came forth to recover it. As a consequence, the sleeping Zelda mythology has no relevance to events prior to A Link To the Past, especially not to the prequel of the prequel of the prequel known as Skyward Sword.

We've had the debate before. Nintendo cares about making good games that people can start with at anytime instead of [parasitic bomb] that ties into another story. And looking at vague details such as scenery marks and small references and calling them connections is stupid at best. This is Nintendo, not Valve. If the story tied-in, they would have told us.

Between Four Sword Adventures and A Link To the Past the references are of an unprecedented blunt, albeit entirely uncertain nature.

Same as going WE DON'T GIVE A [parasitic bomb]. Nintendo has never given a [parasitic bomb], and this "official timeline" bullshit is given way too much importance by fans.

For a vast majority of the Zelda-series, the developers have been crystal clear about chronology. There is no possible dispute about the Ocarina of Time based parralel timelines of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, with Skyward Sword as the prequel to Ocarina. However, confusion abounds when trying to connect Ocarina's dual-ending with the game it's very mythology was based on: A Link To The Past, and subsequently its sequel Link's Awakening, the LoZ-AoL duology that follows and somewhere in there the two Capcom-developed Oracle titles. Add the as of yet undetermined Four Sword Trilogy into the mix, and you get whats effectively three or four different timeline arcs with only vague relations between them.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1220 on: October 12, 2011, 02:18:26 PM
The story of the sleeping Zelda has no relevance to any of the titles preceding the LoZ-AoL duology. The game manual speaks of a Great King which ruled Hyrule with the united Triforce. The Zelda of that time was put to sleep by her own brother over a dispute for the Triforce which he could not inherit in full. The Triforce of Courage had been sealed away long before that, and only one chosen as the crest bearer came forth to recover it. As a consequence, the sleeping Zelda mythology has no relevance to events prior to A Link To the Past, especially not to the prequel of the prequel of the prequel known as Skyward Sword.

Between Four Sword Adventures and A Link To the Past the references are of an unprecedented blunt, albeit entirely uncertain nature.

For a vast majority of the Zelda-series, the developers have been crystal clear about chronology. There is no possible dispute about the Ocarina of Time based parralel timelines of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, with Skyward Sword as the prequel to Ocarina. However, confusion abounds when trying to connect Ocarina's dual-ending with the game it's very mythology was based on: A Link To The Past, and subsequently its sequel Link's Awakening, the LoZ-AoL duology that follows and somewhere in there the two Capcom-developed Oracle titles. Add the as of yet undetermined Four Sword Trilogy into the mix, and you get whats effectively three or four different timeline arcs with only vague relations between them.
Which is why everything can be explained by two simple phrases:

- If a game plainly shows you it's a follow-up to another title, then it is a follow-up to another title.
- If it doesn't, then you should shut up with the conspiracies of HOW THE STORY FITS. Because they do not intend it to be so.

There have been so many retellings, so many plot points forgotten and stuff brought back in completely different ways, it's impossible that you think the games HAVE to make sense if the developers themselves do not want fans to think as such. What about this is so hard to [tornado fang]ing understand?

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1221 on: October 14, 2011, 04:50:24 AM

So they have the demo at Comic Con and are giving away these shirts with them if you try the demo. I tried it...

8)

It's [tornado fang]ing awesome. Controls are fluid as hell. I really like it.  <3

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Reply #1222 on: October 14, 2011, 11:26:33 AM

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1223 on: October 15, 2011, 02:48:26 AM

So they have the demo at Comic Con and are giving away these shirts with them if you try the demo. I tried it...

8)

It's [tornado fang]ing awesome. Controls are fluid as hell. I really like it.  <3

I'm going to Comic Con tomorrow. Can't wait to try the demo!

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #1224 on: October 15, 2011, 04:42:43 PM

8)

Lucky dude..... ;^;