Legend of Zelda - The official Zelda thread

Align · 344044

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #825 on: July 02, 2010, 09:40:40 PM
Ouch. I feel your pain. It reminds me when I purchased X7, and that KOF on 360.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #826 on: July 02, 2010, 09:58:29 PM
Ouch. I feel your pain. It reminds me when I purchased X7, and that KOF on 360.
At least it's more stuff to put on our respective fan-franchise-related shelf.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #827 on: July 03, 2010, 12:47:42 AM
It would rule if the real power of the Triforce wasn't any of that wishing crap.

If you thought Triforce wishes were crap, you should try finding the treasure of Big Whoop. Oh well, at least the chain of events there lead to the activation of a Giant Monkey Robot.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #828 on: July 03, 2010, 01:23:49 AM
If you thought Triforce wishes were crap, you should try finding the treasure of Big Whoop. Oh well, at least the chain of events there lead to the activation of a Giant Monkey Robot.
DON'T. REMIND ME.

I don't care what they say, Monkey Island 4 wasn't canon. >_>;;;

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #829 on: July 03, 2010, 01:39:57 AM
I don't care what they say, Monkey Island 4 wasn't canon. >_>;;;

You were caught in ghost pirate LeChuck's evil curse! In truth you are still in the amusement park with your brother Chucky. Always a great excuse to makes games nonexistent.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #830 on: July 03, 2010, 01:41:51 AM
You were caught in ghost pirate LeChuck's evil curse! In truth you are still in the amusement park with your brother Chucky. Always a great excuse to makes games nonexistent.
I like to believe that Monkey Island 4 was all a hallucination due to LeChuck's evil scheme, from which we escaped and did tons of stuff in a game that nobody played, and then the story skips over to Tales of Monkey Island, which was at long last, another worthy Monkey Island game.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #831 on: July 03, 2010, 01:42:50 AM

Star Ocean 3 pulled the same [parasitic bomb]. Damn I hate that.

"Hurrrrr your universe is actually an MMORPG, nothing ever truly happened or mattered!"

This is a big kick in the face of people who enjoyed prequels and makes sequels incredibly silly.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #832 on: July 03, 2010, 01:51:05 AM
I didn't know that about SO3... now I'm sad...

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #833 on: July 03, 2010, 01:51:19 AM

"Hurrrrr your universe is actually an MMORPG, nothing ever truly happened or mattered!"

This is a big kick in the face of people who enjoyed prequels and makes sequels incredibly silly.
Actually, Monkey Island 2 just pulled a cliffhanger, the "you have been experiencing a fairytale all along" bull was just LeChuck's curse. They said so in a small scene after the credits. They planned to have a sequel right after that, but that didn't happen until years later, and it was pulled off (rather well I might add) by a completely different team.

Now, YEARS later, Dave Grossman met with Telltale, and told them what he originally meant to happen in the Monkey Island canon, while still keeping the Guybrush/Elain relationship alive (which he didn't want to keep, but worked around it). And the franchise is finally being taken in the right direction once again by the company formed by one of the 3 original MI creators.

So, all's well that ends well.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #834 on: July 03, 2010, 04:06:31 AM
Hmm...

宮本氏: (時オカ→神トラ)それから初代ときてリンクの冒険という順番になる。
(電撃64、1999年1月号)

Miyamoto: (Ocarina of Time -> A Link to the Past) then comes the first and "The Adventure of Link."
(Dengai 64 January 1999)

Looks like Miyamoto rectified his previous statement a year later.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #835 on: July 03, 2010, 11:35:21 AM
Hmm...

宮本氏: (時オカ→神トラ)それから初代ときてリンクの冒険という順番になる。
(電撃64、1999年1月号)

Miyamoto: (Ocarina of Time -> A Link to the Past) then comes the first and "The Adventure of Link."
(Dengai 64 January 1999)

Looks like Miyamoto rectified his previous statement a year later.
"Hm... I guess the games could fit like that. I dunno, never thought of that. I really don't give a [parasitic bomb]." 8D

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #836 on: July 03, 2010, 05:21:27 PM
"Hm... I guess the games could fit like that. I dunno, never thought of that. I really don't give a [parasitic bomb]."

You should try asking Miyamoto where that Giant Robot Monkey fits into the timeline.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #837 on: July 03, 2010, 05:27:24 PM
You should try asking Miyamoto where that Giant Robot Monkey fits into the timeline.
He'd say "OOOOH GIANT ROBOTO MUNKII FITSU SOMEWHEAR BITWIN ZAT KURAZY SPIRITU TRAKSU GAME AND ZAT ODER FOR SWORDSU GAME I VAGUERY REMEMBAR. ZA NEXT GAME WIRR BE BEFOOAR ALL ZAT, SO MY SENIRE MIND CAN MAKE UP STUFFU WIDOUT WORRY."

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #838 on: July 03, 2010, 10:09:03 PM
He'd say "OOOOH GIANT ROBOTO MUNKII FITSU SOMEWHEAR BITWIN ZAT KURAZY SPIRITU TRAKSU GAME AND ZAT ODER FOR SWORDSU GAME I VAGUERY REMEMBAR. ZA NEXT GAME WIRR BE BEFOOAR ALL ZAT, SO MY SENIRE MIND CAN MAKE UP STUFFU WIDOUT WORRY."
Nah, he'd be much more articulate. He's a Nintendo man, not a Konami one. XD

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #839 on: July 03, 2010, 10:22:16 PM

Aresian

Reply #840 on: July 03, 2010, 11:42:13 PM

Actually, it doesn't mean any of it didn't matter, it is more of an account to how sentient the world really was. It was even stated that the "game" was more like a live action TV show without the cast knowing there are any cameras, than an actual game. The world has sentient flow to it, it far surpassed that which the creators intended... kinda a "what if we weren't what God intended" type of thing.

Going beyond the expectations and what have you. It's actually a VERY interesting concept, it is just widely talked down against because critics tend to have one track minds, so it got a bad wrap.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #841 on: July 04, 2010, 01:57:20 AM
Actually, it doesn't mean any of it didn't matter, it is more of an account to how sentient the world really was. It was even stated that the "game" was more like a live action TV show without the cast knowing there are any cameras, than an actual game. The world has sentient flow to it, it far surpassed that which the creators intended... kinda a "what if we weren't what God intended" type of thing.

Going beyond the expectations and what have you. It's actually a VERY interesting concept, it is just widely talked down against because critics tend to have one track minds, so it got a bad wrap.
...that and it just sucked by popular opinion and general narrative. It was spitting in fans' faces basically.

Aresian

Reply #842 on: July 04, 2010, 05:35:55 AM
...that and it just sucked by popular opinion and general narrative. It was spitting in fans' faces basically.

That sounds familiar. Oh I know! "And so popular opinion is right?"

Huh. Yeah, something like that.  :\

I think it was written particularly well. But you generally say that about all JRPGs. Incidentally, most fan bases are split by decisions like that, doesn't mean it was bad, just not your cup of tea.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #843 on: July 04, 2010, 05:50:59 AM
That sounds familiar. Oh I know! "And so popular opinion is right?"

Huh. Yeah, something like that.  :\

I think it was written particularly well. But you generally say that about all JRPGs. Incidentally, most fan bases are split by decisions like that, doesn't mean it was bad, just not your cup of tea.
Funny, because you're the one single person I ever talked to who ever said he enjoyed the Star Ocean 3 twist. Seriously, I don't think alot of people like "everything you've done so far is fake and utterly meaningless". And narratively, it had the typical JRPG kind of plot/dialogue. Which pretty much spells "awful".

Aresian

Reply #844 on: July 04, 2010, 05:55:09 AM
Funny, because you're the one single person I ever talked to who ever said he enjoyed the Star Ocean 3 twist. Seriously, I don't think alot of people like "everything you've done so far is fake and utterly meaningless". And narratively, it had the typical JRPG kind of plot/dialogue. Which pretty much spells "awful".

It didn't exactly say that everything you did was utterly meaningless... unless that is as far as your mental scope can handle. I suppose that means robots that can think and feel have no souls? There is no humanity in anything but something that is purely human? Are you able to make such decisions yourself and easily deny them existence? Is your understanding that limited? These are the kind of questions it actually asks, as opposed to what it tells you. Your limitation determines what the game is saying.

Also, "typical JRPG plot/dialogue" doesn't spell awful, that is an opinion. But hey, these are all opinions. I just feel my opinion has more merit, I gave it more thought and decided not to dismiss it simply because of limitations of the self or stupid popular opinions.

Offline Kit

• #1 wizard of disappearing
  • Master's Unit
  • hue
    • View Profile
    • Art stuff
Reply #845 on: July 04, 2010, 08:44:18 AM

they dont think it be like it is but it do

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #846 on: July 04, 2010, 08:52:05 AM
If you post a picture of you as Zelda, it'll get this thread right back on track.

Offline Kit

• #1 wizard of disappearing
  • Master's Unit
  • hue
    • View Profile
    • Art stuff
Reply #847 on: July 04, 2010, 08:56:16 AM
If you post a picture of you as Zelda, it'll get this thread right back on track.

But I have short hair now D:

they dont think it be like it is but it do

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #848 on: July 04, 2010, 09:03:57 AM
I doubt that would matter to the guys here!  XD

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #849 on: July 04, 2010, 09:05:31 AM
Nope, it won't.

Or the girls who like other girls.