Legend of Zelda - The official Zelda thread

Align · 343224

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #525 on: January 07, 2010, 02:33:35 AM
I doubt a 2010 release will actually happen given Nintendo's history with delays, and in all honesty if they want to properly nail everything such delays would probably be for the better. 

Nah. This sounds more like this game, too, is adhering to Ninty's "new" policy when it comes to marketing games. Full blow-out, and then the game is due....THE NEXT DAY! 8D

But it certainly sounds like such is fine. They've probably been working on this game since shortly after the last major console Zelda back 4 years ago. And Japan, especially, is HON-GRY for more Wii goodness, after the blockbuster that was NSMBW. Mario Galaxy 2 and Zelda sound like they could fit the bill just fine. Hopefully, such is in the cards for the US and other places too. 

But yeah...they're NEVER going to do it like they did with TP and Brawl, ever, ever again. Fanboys ruined it, and the games themselves couldn't live up to the tremendous amounts of hype and pressure. And honestly, I don't mind this. The game is only shown WHEN ITS READY, and we don't have to worry about delays. 

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #526 on: January 07, 2010, 02:39:23 AM
If Brawl hadn't messed with priority so much and SSE was about a fraction of its length, the game would have done better.

As it is, pretty freakin' meh.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #527 on: January 07, 2010, 02:40:58 AM
They need to make it so that items aren't suddenly useless after the dungeon you found it in.

They fixed that already in Spirit Tracks, but it's not like any of you played it yet.

Hype or no hype, the Brawl backlash was coming anyway.  Yes, I *STILL* miss my Mewtwo, bastards.

No doubt about that, but you can't tell me it wouldn't have been as bad if we didn't have "Japan Time" :P

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #528 on: January 07, 2010, 02:43:16 AM
But yeah...they're NEVER going to do it like they did with TP and Brawl, ever, ever again. Fanboys ruined it, and the games themselves couldn't live up to the tremendous amounts of hype and pressure. 

Am I the only one who laughs, and laughs hard, when this happens?   8D

Offline Irgendein

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #529 on: January 07, 2010, 02:55:41 AM
They fixed that already in Spirit Tracks, but it's not like any of you played it yet.
I recall using the Whirlwind about... twice after the dungeon. I haven't played it much lately so; Was the Sand Wand of any use outside of its dungeon?

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #530 on: January 07, 2010, 02:59:44 AM
Sand Temple and Tower of Spirits, so pretty much whatever remained of the game.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #531 on: January 07, 2010, 03:17:38 AM
If Brawl hadn't messed with priority so much and SSE was about a fraction of its length, the game would have done better.

As it is, pretty freakin' meh.

You're just mad at my Marth aren't you? XD

Nah. This sounds more like this game, too, is adhering to Ninty's "new" policy when it comes to marketing games. Full blow-out, and then the game is due....THE NEXT DAY! 8D

But it certainly sounds like such is fine. They've probably been working on this game since shortly after the last major console Zelda back 4 years ago. And Japan, especially, is HON-GRY for more Wii goodness, after the blockbuster that was NSMBW. Mario Galaxy 2 and Zelda sound like they could fit the bill just fine. Hopefully, such is in the cards for the US and other places too. 

But yeah...they're NEVER going to do it like they did with TP and Brawl, ever, ever again. Fanboys ruined it, and the games themselves couldn't live up to the tremendous amounts of hype and pressure. And honestly, I don't mind this. The game is only shown WHEN ITS READY, and we don't have to worry about delays. 

It's terrible though, the Brawl dojo was just too much fun to live through and do e-rounds at that good ol' Japan Time. It's understandable though that Nintendo would shift away from the uglier side of the fanbase, but all in all, the Dojo was still great and I wouldn't mind another go at it in the future. The TP thing though, THAT was insanity at best. XD

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #532 on: January 07, 2010, 03:45:27 AM
SSE is just fine the way it is.  Stickers, on the other hand, are a whole different beast.  As pointless collectible fun they're fine.  As power-ups, they suck.  The attack boosts are so overly specific that they wind up being pointless anyway, they shouldn't have wasted the time.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #533 on: January 07, 2010, 05:56:55 AM
It's terrible though, the Brawl dojo was just too much fun to live through and do e-rounds at that good ol' Japan Time. It's understandable though that Nintendo would shift away from the uglier side of the fanbase, but all in all, the Dojo was still great and I wouldn't mind another go at it in the future. The TP thing though, THAT was insanity at best. XD

Even "Japan Time" lost its luster, by the time the game was delayed about the first or second time, and we had to deal with insipid "Here's How You JUMP~!" things for updates.

And again, fanboys ruined things. Things like what Jiggly did over at GAF, where he became the "Super Accountant" that crunched facts? That was fun, and interesting. Everything else was basically OoC.

And that goes for SSE too. Years later, and Kirby Super Star and its DS remake STILL poop all over whatever we got with SSE. For it to try and be like KSS, SSE still fell short.

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #534 on: January 07, 2010, 06:02:12 AM
would you say its better or worse than the other KSS? :B

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #535 on: January 07, 2010, 03:52:05 PM
would you say its better or worse than the other KSS? :B

Not even close actually, although that's not so much me knocking SSE as it is giving KSS its dues.

Offline Irgendein

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #537 on: January 08, 2010, 09:48:33 PM
WHEN ITS READY

Like Duke Nukem Forever?

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #538 on: January 09, 2010, 04:40:26 AM
Years later, and Kirby Super Star and its DS remake STILL poop all over whatever we got with SSE. For it to try and be like KSS, SSE still fell short.
Not being into Kirby games, the similarities between HAL's projects fly completely over my head.

That being said, and even if this sounds unfair, cast is a big part of Smash.  SSE included.  If you're going to play Kirby, then yeah, I guess you may as well play an actual Kirby game.  For me, though, it was awesome and fresh.  Not that Melee's 20-minute Adventure didn't have its own charm to it.  I'll admit I do kinda miss Yoshi being a one-hit-KO machine.

Also, one cannot overlook, SSE cooperative.  Which is something I really, really feel that more developers need to get cracking on (Capcom, looking at you).  Not to mention it's about the only way in hell that I can drag Mrs. Shell kicking and screaming into Brawl.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #539 on: January 12, 2010, 11:47:18 PM
So before anyone gets any ideas from the recent Kotaku article on Zelda Wii not being a 2010 title, be informed that this is a very bad case of "the spin" as Reggie's (PR laced as always) words on the release of Zelda Wii not happening until it's perfect have been mangled. This is a more fitting post on the matter:

Here is what was actually said without the Kotaku spin:

Girl: What can you tell us about the new Legend of Zelda game?

Reggie: You know, not very much. Right now its still in development but the key message that Mr. Miyamoto, Mr. Aonuma is telling us is that it really has to be perfect when it launches, that really is what the Zelda fan is expecting. So for all those Zelda fans out there right now, what I would say is enjoy Spirit Tracks and know that the Zelda title for Wii will come out when its perfect.

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #540 on: January 13, 2010, 01:41:38 AM
well, seeing as there's always been atleast one thing wrong with each zelda game.. >.>

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #541 on: January 13, 2010, 01:50:00 AM
No game is perfect.  First of all, everyone has their own expectations.  Second, even if by some miracle a game is "perfect" on release, the fanboys find a way to wreck it.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #542 on: January 13, 2010, 02:26:01 AM
No game is perfect.  First of all, everyone has their own expectations.  Second, even if by some miracle a game is "perfect" on release, the fanboys find a way to wreck it.

Mario Kart 64 is perfect.  We're done here.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #543 on: January 13, 2010, 02:34:30 AM
It doesn't have online that allows us to play multiplayer with people around the world. That means it's not perfect. However, if it did have it, it would have achieved world peace years ago or something.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #544 on: January 13, 2010, 02:37:01 AM
It doesn't have online that allows us to play multiplayer with people around the world. That means it's not perfect. However, if it did have it, it would have achieved world peace years ago or something.

The game is still perfect.  The system it was on was not.

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #545 on: January 13, 2010, 02:40:04 AM
If it had online mode Playstation would have become Nintendo's whipping boy and Rare would have total control over the U.K. and surrounding lands. Microsoft would FUUSIIOOON HA!! With Nintendo. But before all this would happen a child would make all existence blow up as the amazing factor would collapse all of history. And the worst part is Ultimecia would win.

Offline Irgendein

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #546 on: January 13, 2010, 02:41:55 AM
Here is what was actually said without the Kotaku spin:

Girl: What can you tell us about the new Legend of Zelda game?

Reggie: You know, not very much. Right now its still in development but the key message that Mr. Miyamoto, Mr. Aonuma is telling us is that it really has to be perfect when it launches, that really is what the Zelda fan is expecting. So for all those Zelda fans out there right now, what I would say is enjoy Spirit Tracks and know that the Zelda title for Wii will come out when its perfect.
Relevant

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #547 on: January 23, 2010, 11:35:38 AM
New Zelda info leak.
According to the popular japanese message board 2chan (prior leaks by 2chan have proved accurate) here are some details of the new Zelda game coming for wii.

- The game seems to be a sequel to "Majora's Mask".
- Will differ from the established dungeon-field-dungeon gameplay style (confirmed by Aonuma).
- Link will be right/left - handed according to player preferences.
- Gameplay and mechanics are done, story and characters still in progress.
- The girl shown here will be called Aderu or Adella or Adelle and will contact with Link through his sword.
- Link's sword will not be the Master Sword.
- Horseback combat is back, with a more intelligent Epona.

Sources/more:
thewiire

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #548 on: January 23, 2010, 07:21:19 PM
New Zelda info leak.

Sequel to Majora's-[tornado fang]ing-Mask? WAAAAANT. XD

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.