The Battle Moon Wars 銀 Translation Project

Shiki Tohno · 2042

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
on: January 23, 2009, 08:09:34 AM
As many of you already know, the doujin game Battle Moon Wars 銀 is currently being translated by Aroduc of Tenka Seiha and yours truly. Those same many of you already have the game and are enjoying the challenge it presents to the player, and I hope this thread will be a central hub to discuss the game in RPM, although the other reason I'm making this thread here is rather for something entirely different and unrelated.

Thus far, the latest translation patch version released is v0.95, covering almost everything from all four Acts of the game except the endgame epilogue. However, with their latest updates (supposedly dated from October, but I noticed there were files modified in December in the very latest update from them), Werk has screwed up a few things here and there, and besides that, the names of all the support techniques (called "Spirits" in-game) are embedded raw in the game EXE (this last part is what I'm in charge of translating, mainly; although I do get to do a couple more things). So the other reason I'm making this thread here is for this:

I currently have my hands full with hacking the EXE to include the translated strings (you can grab a beta release version here; only the Spirit names are translated), so I'd like it if any of you guys, when finding something wrong (typo'd text, a line sounding weird, a game error, or whatever) to please report it here, preferably with a screenshot of wherever you were when the thing happened, and as detailed a description of your circumstances as possible -- if at all possible, I'd request that some of you started the game from scratch with the very latest translation patches applied; that way, I can filter those and take out only those unsolved and forward them to Aroduc. In the end, the idea is to build a better translation through the help of the community. :)

As for me, I'll start the general game discussion by posting my preferred party:
Rin (Rin persona) & Akiha - preferably together, since they've grown up to be Long Distance Weapons of Mass Destruction -- especially Akiha with her Field Attack; if there's anyone in range, she can easily decimate through hordes of enemies at the same time with it. To a lesser extent, Sakura too becomes quite powerful after her story buff; only problem is actually getting her in range, because as a magecraft user, she can't attack after walking, and her movement distance is rather pathetic. SP Regen is a must with them, since you'll end up running through your Spirit Points quite fast if you abuse the characters' capabilities to their fullest extent.
Both Shikis (Tohno and Ryougi) - Designated Tanker Sinkers; they can slide through almost every attack unharmed and do decent damage, and both have high probabilities of not just connecting their counter-attacks, but of even striking first about half the time.
Saber, Archer, Takumi, Rider, Lancer, Bazett, Sacchin, Arcueid (Arcueid persona), Shirou - Battleships. These guys are able to withstand absurd amounts of damage, and still have strength left to dish out insanely strong attacks. Notable here are Sacchin (secret unlockable character in Takumi's route), Archer, Shirou and Saber for the immense amounts of damage they can unleash in a single attack once they have enough Will to use their more powerul Arms. SP Regen is once again a must here, to enable everyone to buff their attacks.
Kohaku, Hisui, Len - Designated Healers. These girls are only here for support, and most of the time stay in the back rows keeping everyone else alive and active in the skirmish. Particularly, Len has rather unnerving odds of effectively dodging almost anything aimed at her. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, SP Regen is an absolute must here, since these girls spend almost their entire time using their SP supporting everyone else. It's also recommended to give each at least one item of Shirou's Cooking, which can restore 50 SP.
Everyone else - support cast and event-related cast. I end up leaving almost everyone else unused except in those cases where they're forced on you. :P

Of course, the list above mentions my preferred party characters. Whenever the limit's lower than the number of people I've posted, or any of them are not available, I obviously substitute with whoever's on hand to fill space. :P