The 'How Was Your Day' Thread

Slash Man · 159019

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #875 on: September 24, 2010, 12:52:43 AM
My day was okay.  A bit warmer than I would've liked, though.  And it had a nice nostalgic discussion about the old Archie Turtles comics, and there's plans to bring them back.  But what immediately harshed all of that was hearing about a rumour of a remake of the first Turtles movie, with Michael Bay pegged to direct.

I wanted to drop to my knees and cry and fly into a blind rage, all at the same time.

One word describes that guy:

CRAPBOOM!

Nothing but explosions and money down the toilet for the greedy executives.

Anyway, my day was [parasitic bomb]. I've been sick for a little bit of time (hard to believe since I don't usually get sick.) But not sick enough to miss school, so I guess thats ok..

I'll probably be fine tomorrow, which is good because I want to go to work.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #876 on: September 24, 2010, 05:07:05 AM
When I went down to get the newspaper this morning, a big playful German shepherd came bounding into the alley to say hello. XD

Offline Irgendein

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #877 on: September 28, 2010, 11:10:52 PM
My school got another visit by the Fire Department today >.>;

We had to stand out in the middle of the pouring rain. A few minutes in though they let us into the hockey arena next door and the Portables. Waited in there for probably 20 minutes or so. When we finally got back to our classes, it was about midway through, so we spent the remainder playing games (it was Drama class, so there were plenty to play). There wasn't any actual fire though it seems, just smoke coming from somewhere around the Library.

Other than that my day was pretty good.

Offline DjKlzonez

• B-Class Hunter
  • Once a year
    • View Profile
Reply #878 on: September 29, 2010, 12:40:57 AM
So... it turns out the girl i like is a les-, but that doesn't change anything in me.

First I was like  :3

Then she was all  ::)

Now i'm all  :'(

Steam       Youtube

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #879 on: September 29, 2010, 05:05:30 AM
I went to a doctor's appointment, got a prescription refill, and a number for the intake office to schedule other appointments in York, rather than an hour and a half away in Gettysburg.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #880 on: September 29, 2010, 05:08:35 AM
Went to the bank to [sonic slicer] about how I was overdrafted by their fee that I didn't know about, got that removed so I'm back in the green.

Went to the library, got a new card. Checked out Bearers of the Black Staff - Legends of Shannara Book One  - Terry Brooks, Dragons of the Hourglass Mage - Dragonlance: The Lost Chronicles Book Three - Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman, and Rides a Dread Legion - Demonwar Saga Book One - Raymond E. Feist.

Spent about 4 hours making the vid I posted in the Golden Sun topic. Mainly took so long because I made it in Windows Movie Maker, which sucks. Crashed at 6% every time. Got recemmended Sony Vegas Studio, so I got that. Had to redo everything and figure out how fading worked on that. Finished and uploaded that.

So pretty damn good. Except for the fact that it was [tornado fang]ing hot.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #881 on: September 29, 2010, 05:26:47 AM
Got up, got dressed, ate breakfast, took the 2-hour trip to school, spent the time there wallowing about with a massive headache, took the 2 hour trip home, and here I am.

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #882 on: October 02, 2010, 09:09:46 AM
My day was alright.  I got some drawing done, then watched a movie.  Now I'm here and my stomach is going "Oy.  Oy.  Oy."  Apparently, my stomach is Jewish.

Offline Karai

• with RICE
  • B-Class Hunter
  • (not) Missing in Action
    • View Profile
    • My stuff & HI SKORS
Reply #883 on: October 02, 2010, 06:04:15 PM
First day of the new semester. I really don't like the idea of waking up at 6, 4 days in a row. At least new courses seem to be quite interesting. I even have labs about voice control in Opera and Wiimotes! :D
Now, the bad news. My glorious, long hair... it's all gone D: I had to cut to it. Sure, I'll sell it but that's beside the point. I wonder how my friends at uni will react. They never ever have seen me having short hair.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #884 on: October 08, 2010, 07:20:52 AM
I wormed some cats.  And yesterday morning, I found a spider in my hair.

Offline Frozen Potato

• The Unamused Blue Haired
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #885 on: October 09, 2010, 01:01:33 PM
Today was just awesome...just awesome....i just came back from 3 days of training camp...and now....i just realized that i left my cellphone on the bus....now...i have to keep contact with my own cellphone to make sure the driver/anyone found it....im not gonna waste my money for another new cellphone....

Offline Henger83

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #886 on: October 10, 2010, 02:41:57 AM
My past few days have been too freaking awesome  0v0 It's a great break from my usual routine, which is usually just work and come home. I wish it was like this more often. I've been with some of the folks at Capcom (all cool guys except for one who has a short temper) and I've been playing tons of games especially yesterday and today at the NY Comic Con.

There were tons of booths with tons of cool stuff practically everywhere. Lots of hots babes everywhere too  0v0, I took my picture with some of them, including with a Cammy and Chun Li cosplayers for IGN  8). There were so many souvenirs it's not funny. Enough to drive many collectors broke! Marvel was the only booth I know of to give somewhat expensive items away for free to random people. This too was funny and the Marvel rep practically controls the fan like puppets by telling them what to do to get the item.

I played Dead Rising 2, Ghost Trick, Resident Evil 5 Gold (PS3 move), Marvel vs Capcom 3, and Mega Man Universe (both XBox 360 & PS3 versions). I must have played MMU today for about 2 hours straight as I had the PS3 booth to myself for that time period and every now and then someone came to the Xbox 360 booth and played MMU. This gave me a chance to play as each character and beat the 3 playable stages. I turned up the game's volume to full blast. The music is stuck in my head now.  *o* Some people were even dancing to it.  8D After a while many MM fans came to try it out and we chatted to the point where MANY thought I worked for Capcom because every question the had I knew the answer to and I hung around there the most (Damn it Capcom give me the job, people loved me there  :) ).

Inafune was right next to me (not even 2 feet away) doing signatures but I didn't get one today because I didn't want to leave the MMU booth since no one else was playing it  XD They were too busy getting on line to get his signature. One of them was dressed with a giant Servbot head and took a picture with him. Inafune couldn't hold his laughter. That was priceless.  XD

I went over to Nintendo's booth and played Donkey Kong Country Returns for the Wii, which looks fantastic and plays just as well. The 2 player co-op is very nice! I played with some people and we had fun.  owob

I met the producer of MvC3 and took a pic with him. Great man and very down to Earth. The Marvel booth was not to far. But the crowd there was too much. Stan Lee was there today. I would to have like to meet him, but the crowd went nuts when the saw him and ran like an angry mob over there, so I said forget it.

I'm going again tomorrow but probably just to get a signature and picture with Inafune. He gives you either a MMU or Legends 3 poster.

If any of you were there you would not want to leave, despite being tired and hungry  XD

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #887 on: October 11, 2010, 06:25:01 AM
My weekend was meh and lousy in terms of any productivity.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #888 on: October 11, 2010, 06:26:14 AM
I've been reading. All day.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #889 on: October 11, 2010, 06:28:16 AM
............Expensive.............

Offline Irgendein

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #890 on: October 11, 2010, 06:35:47 AM
I visited relatives on both sides of the family for Thanksgiving. First was my Father's side. My aunt and younger cousin from Calgary were there. Though I had already seen them back in July when I went out there with my sis for vacation. Got to see my Second Cousin again though. Kid is about 6 months old, can already walk somewhat. The whole time there he just played with an empty water bottle lying on the table.

Was there for a few hours then went to Baden and had Thanksgiving Dinner with my mum's side. Bit of a bore. I always find my father's side to generally be a much more entertaining bunch.

Did nothing productive the rest of the day.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #891 on: October 12, 2010, 06:28:29 AM
I got some laundry done and saw a license plate that said "MyBoyzz" and announced loudly in the Weis Markets parking lot, "Because poor literacy is KeWl!"

Offline Henger83

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #892 on: October 12, 2010, 07:42:26 AM
Well, don't feel bad. If you have free time on your hands and don't feel like working (house chores, ect...) then do something you enjoy. It will be time well spent instead of being bored.

I try to make some fun time every day now. I don't want to simply live to work like most people end up doing. Then you feel miserable by doing that.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #893 on: October 12, 2010, 07:51:26 AM
Came down with something. Feel like ass.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #894 on: October 14, 2010, 05:15:05 AM
While outside on the back porch, my brother and I saw our landlord pull up to our neighbours and get out.  My brother wondered why the landlord stopped by, and I idly remarked, "Perhaps he's putting up eviction notices."  Ringman says, "Well, he was carrying some papers..."  My attention is seized. "Really?" 

We watch the landlord leave, then, under the guise of taking the recycling to the curb, we go downstairs and sneak a peak at their doors.  Sure enough, papers are posted, with what appeared to my myopic vision to be "NOTICE OF EVICTION" emblazoned across the top.  We snicker and hurry upstairs.

O frabjous day!  Callou callay!

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #895 on: October 14, 2010, 05:37:09 AM
Arrived at work at 9:30 am. Didn't leave until after 9:30 pm. Ugh.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #896 on: October 14, 2010, 08:07:33 AM
Expensive. Bought $100 worth of comics today.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #897 on: October 25, 2010, 07:41:59 AM
My day yesterday was pretty good.  We had a Halloween party, so I got to suit up as the Alien again.  We also all paraded down the street to Primo's for pizza, lightsabers ablaze, then had a few mock duels in the back yard.  Then, we played Zombies, goofed off, and filled ourselves up with sugar and caffeine.  I think I finally crashed around 5:30 am.

Today was cleanup.  Then, I carved a pumpkin, goofed off, ate candy and sugar cookies, and am slowly coming off of my sugar high.

Offline Karai

• with RICE
  • B-Class Hunter
  • (not) Missing in Action
    • View Profile
    • My stuff & HI SKORS
Reply #898 on: November 20, 2010, 08:24:08 PM
It was on Tuesday. We had a long break between lectures, so I was playing on my DS to kill some time. Guys from my group saw me playing Ketsui, and being in awe of my skills they invited me to their HQ. They really wanted to see how I'll play on their NES. The game was Kirby's Adventures (yes, I know, great choice but not really a skill test). Anyway, World 1, World 2, halfway through World 3... suddenly the TV turned off, and started to stink. Having nothing better to do we went to Thai restaurant.

tl;dr: promoted to too-hardcore-for-TVs

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #899 on: November 21, 2010, 03:14:46 AM
That TV sounds like it needs a replacing. 

Anywho, my day was alright.  Kicked it off bright and early by answering the door in my PJs when door-to-door Baptists came a-knocking!  After that, I had some coffee, breakfast, worked on some logo designs, started a font design, decided I should research some other scripts so my design looks less messy, scanned the logos, and discussed a potentially lucrative contract with someone on Failbook.

Now I'm here with an almost-empty bottle of Dr. Pepper.