.hack//LINK

Setsuna F. Seiei · 30943

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #100 on: March 08, 2010, 12:37:22 AM
Well I'm planning to ask my grandpa to import the game tomorrow so I'm playing the demo more to convert it to the actual game when I get it.

Anyway how is Tokio as a main character? Is he better portray in the game better than his manga counterpart or are they about the same?

Also about the Virus Cores... for the Job Rank to increase do you need a certain amount of a certain Virus Core to increase the Rank or one of each Virus Cores to upgrade Job Ranks? And what's the max level for the Job Rank? Is it Level 10?

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #101 on: March 08, 2010, 03:52:42 AM
Game Tokio > Anal [twin slasher] > Manga Tokio

Manga Saika > Anal [twin slasher] > Game Saika

And you need specific types to upgrade jobs. Which can be a pain because you get them by killing enemies with cross rengekis, but you can't pull those off if your over leveled and kill the enemies too fast.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #102 on: March 08, 2010, 05:31:39 AM
So Tokio in the game version is much cooler than his manga counterpart, eh? But Saika in the game isn't as cool as her manga counterpart?

And the Virus Cores... that must be a pain in the butt. Since the level cap is 10 in the demo I use it to start collect some of the Virus Cores right away so I don't have the hassle of collecting them when I'm overlevel in the actual game?

Anyway how far are you in the game? Did you beat it yet?

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #103 on: March 08, 2010, 06:09:00 AM
Tokio is somewhat annoying, but he's not as stupidly cliched as the Manga version. In the end, As much as I hate to say it, Tokio is a BRO.

Especially in GU routes version of the moon tree event. Haseo goes insane, and decides to kill Atoli because he finds her real life/suicide issues boring.  This starts a fight where Tokio beats the [tornado fang] out him.

Tokio vs Haseo (douche bag form) theme
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqgsnShlkSU

Saika starts off nice, but once Tokio gets into the world, she's a total [lightning web].

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #104 on: March 08, 2010, 07:33:48 AM
Huh? I thought that was the Final Boss' 1st Form music... I guess the person who mention it was, was wrong.

I never hated Tokio in the first place, thought he look too much like a certain Digimon character, I found him to be an enjoyable and likable character to me.
Anyway does his character improve (Personality-wise) once he gets his Xth Form or remains the same?

So Saika is more or less the same as her manga counterpart. Does Tokio still have a crush on her, and what about AIKA and Klarinette? Do they show interest or just Tokio. Feel sorry for the guy for going through the trouble of being bossed around by the girl he likes and other girls show no interest in him.

The reason why Saika is so bossy and pushy with Tokio is so that he can free/help her brother in "The World" (I had a feeling they were siblings). Does she respect and treat Tokio as the game progresses?

Also this is information regarding Ovan, Helbel, and Zelkova. They are the only three characters that can be unlocked by completing all of LINK's difficulty levels LINK Play option and then you have to complete all unlocked scenarios in the main game. So three difficulty levels, can solo, and 50 floors just to unlock three characters. Quite the challenge, eh?

Silver Knight X-Rengeki Attack:
[youtube]4JQ259B9skQ[/youtube]

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #105 on: March 08, 2010, 10:29:09 AM
Who ever said it was the final bosses music was being Ignorant. It plays during the 1st phase with it, bit it plays long befor that in the GU story.

And I know about Ovan and the others. But LINK play is too stupid to bother with despite how powerfull Ovan is.

LINK Scnenario 11(I think)

KITE VS KITE
HEAVE OR HELL MOTHER FUCKERS.

Also Silly-Go-Round.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #106 on: March 08, 2010, 05:07:24 PM
Well I guess if people want to unlock them, it's their choice.

Also this is the Tokio VS Haseo fight, right?
[youtube]60BgDlMRio8[/youtube]

Did you have a lot of fun fighting Haseo? And I notice the Avatar symbols flashing on his body, so do the actual Avatars appear themselves in the game later on or just their symbols flashing all around their body?

How far are you in the game?

Oh yeah! How long are each scenario?

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #107 on: March 08, 2010, 06:01:06 PM
That's the battle against Haseo. (AIDA). His rage is actually CONTROLLING the god damn AIDA and  manifesting itself with the avatars power. Though the avatars themselves don't appear in game. Only during story scenes.

Also That Haseo can use his flicker scythe, which normal Haseo can't do.

Main story wise I'm 94% complete, and have over 60 hours clocked in.

Each scenario varies.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #108 on: March 08, 2010, 06:03:22 PM
Wow! All bow down to Haseo! XD

I see... a very long game then, but enjoyable nonetheless. I hope my grandpa will import the game for me, got to work hard today to get it as a reward!

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #109 on: March 08, 2010, 06:31:21 PM
Haseo was still affected by it, and corrupted. So far, the only person who could really controll AIDA was Ovan.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #110 on: March 08, 2010, 07:57:30 PM
I see. Did you use the UPS option to import your game to arrive 1 - 4 days? Since I'm planning on getting the Asia version with the English instruction manual which adds up to $78.80.

Posted on: March 08, 2010, 06:47:25 PM
Also is Cubia part of the story or an optional character?

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #111 on: March 08, 2010, 08:00:35 PM
I ordered from Play-Aisa. Game was 64 ish, with a $5 off code bringing it down to 60. I then used Fed-EX which was around another 20. it shipped late WEDS night, and got here early friday morning.

FED-EX is better than UPS because the give you up to date times, and more importantly a specific time period for when it's going to arrive.

Wasn't really that hard. And your wrong, it doesn't require beating 3 difficulties.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #112 on: March 08, 2010, 09:49:11 PM
Lv85, not bad. He must be balanced out very well.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #113 on: March 08, 2010, 09:59:24 PM
I see... and I didn't know about that it doesn't require to beat it at 3 difficulty levels. A person on GameFAQs mention and stated it here, but it's good to know! So you just have to beat it once the LINK Play option? And where do you get these code coupons to lower the price down on import games from Play-Asia?

And what about Cubia? Is Cubia obtain as part of the story or is he optional to get just like Ovan and the other two.

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #114 on: March 08, 2010, 10:38:13 PM
Cubia is optional. 
Lv85, not bad. He must be balanced out very well.

Ovan and Clarinet of Shicksal are pretty broken. They even have a similar Cross Rengeki. In that Tokio is about to do something and acts tough, but then the other just steps in and does the entire attack on their own.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #115 on: March 08, 2010, 11:03:25 PM
I see, so how do you unlock Cubia?

And Ovan and Klarinette both have similar X-Rengeki to each other? And what about Cello? What's her X-Rengeki with Tokio?

Well I'm going to ask my grandpa after work today to see if I can import. $80 for a game... going to be worth it!

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #116 on: March 08, 2010, 11:30:14 PM
Their attacks are completely different, it's just that they have the same theme in that Tokio doesn't do anything and made to look like a moron.

Cello's involves her doll turning into  a giant and eating the enemy.

Also Ovan is canon.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #117 on: March 09, 2010, 03:56:07 PM
I see... and Cello has the same theme as well? Or does Tokio get in some little action there?

So you get Ovan by playing the game's main story? Interesting... so does that make Cubia the one to be unlock through LINK Play?

Also I imported the game and picked the FedEx option as the well for the Asian version since it was $5 cheaper plus the English manual would come in handy.

Posted on: March 09, 2010, 01:08:21 AM
[youtube]wleZSZSX0I8[/youtube]

Extra Ending? Though there's no sound and the person who upload it said there's 2 more parts to it so we'll have to wait and see.

And Tokio and Shino's X-Rengeki move:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o3sBpC6voc

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #118 on: March 09, 2010, 04:19:03 PM
Already seen them all. And There's 2. One for normal, and when when both characters have Xth forms.

and that shows up after the Akasha record is done with the link timeline. It pops up as UNKNOWN at 2024. Link itself only takes place in 2020. And the sound is only a song.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #119 on: March 09, 2010, 05:05:13 PM
Huh? Which two characters with the Xth Form? Tokio and Haseo?
So is there three or endings? The one for after you beat the Final Boss, and I have a feeling I know who is is (since that characters been in like almost all .hack games/stories), and the 2024 Ending one?

Well since I used the FedEx option and it shipped the day I order it I should get it today or until Friday at the latest.

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #120 on: March 09, 2010, 05:30:17 PM
Except for the specials PCs, There's a Cross Rengeki for each character, and another one when both characters have the Xth forms.

And there's only ONE ending. the 2024 things are just extras.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #121 on: March 11, 2010, 12:02:44 AM
Ah I see. Thanks for answering.

So have you beaten the game yet? What would you rate this game on a scale of 1 -10? What's your personal review of the game?

Posted on: March 09, 2010, 05:36:48 PM
Good news for me! My game has successfully be imported to my address!

Bad news is that I wasn't home when they arrived so I have to wait until tomorrow to receive my game from FedEx.

Well at least I know getting it! But I like to know if there's anything I need to know before I start playing my game?
I have a Level 10 Tokio with...

50 HP Recover items, 50 Soda (SP Healing items), 30 Virus Core A, 50 Virus Core B, 50 Virus Core C, 8 Virus Core D, 30 Virus Core E, 24 Virus Core F, and those two other items at the end after the Virus Cores which I don't know what it's used for from the demo I have.

Is this a good start for me or is there anything else I should do?

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #122 on: March 11, 2010, 12:18:56 AM
That's fine. Although importing the data will kill some of the fun as you'll plow through a lot of it.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #123 on: March 11, 2010, 12:53:28 PM
Then I guess I'll play one file without the Data Convert and another that uses the Data Convert. Also...

[youtube]e1U-VTgPjGQ[/youtube]

Poor Tokio... XD

Posted on: March 11, 2010, 03:11:10 AM
Finally upload the .hack//LINK Soundtrack ripped from the game iteself!
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WDBXDD3F

Don't know how many times it took, but here it is!

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #124 on: March 11, 2010, 03:41:19 PM
Ya know the real OST's been out since sunday right? >.>