Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
on: May 30, 2018, 06:06:28 PM
[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jRtpMKLsts[/yt]

https://www.serebii.net/news/2018/30-May-2018.shtml

We got a psuedo Pokemon Yellow Remake with Pokemon GO catching mechanics and man even though I normally don't particularly care for either this looks freaking awesome!

The Pokeball accessory is gonna cost $45 and has a battery life of 3 hours rechargable via USB-C and seems to function similar to the Poke Walker in Heart Gold and Soul Silver only it can also be used as a controller, and it looks freaking cool too. 

I'm looking forward to this, but first I need to get a Switch.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 12:29:17 AM
The lack of normal Pokemon Battles doesn't seem appealing to me. Which is a shame, it looks amazing. I would love to get this pseudo-Yellow version remake if they didn't take some key parts of the past main games. More like a Pokemon GO mobile gone console.

I mean there's things I'm happy about like Pokemon following behind you again from HeartGold and SoulSilver. And the artstyle is very cute. Hope I'm wrong and there's normal Pokemon battles besides just Trainer Battles.

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 07:56:46 PM
Unfortunately it is in fact that way, however with each capture every Pokemon gets EXP.

There are also some other GO related mechanics, capturing bigger Pokemon provides more EXP, there's Candy to raise stats and you can switch Pokemon on the fly since the "PC Box" is in your bag.  The GO Park is also in Fuschia and replaces the Safari Zone, and once you transfer a Pokemon from GO into the Park they cannot go back to GO.

CP like in GO is the combined Stats of your Pokemon but they do of course have individual stats that can be raised by the aforementioned Candy.

The rival in this game is Trace, however he is less agressive than Blue.  Brock is also rocking a new look that's not based on any of his anime appearances.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 12:15:37 AM
I saw the video... I'm not liking they ditched the whole "Wild Pokemon Battle" for the whole catching Pokemon with GO mechanics. I wouldn't mind both and allowing the option to toggle between throwing the PokeBall via Gyro Motion with Motion controls or the traditional throw which the game automatically throws.

Having the "PC Box" in your Bag is actually a neat feature I like where they're going and means you can change your Pokemon on the fly. That I approve.

The throwing mechanic reminds me of how you normally catch the Safari Pokemon back in the old days I wouldn't mind it being exclusive to that part and depending on your throw and if you hit a Good, Great, and Excellent Hit on the Pokemon it increases your catch rate making it easier. Though it would take skill.

So candy raises their stats? Interesting, I don't mind that. Reminds me of the vitamins you use to increase Pokemon stats in past games.

And the rival... why change it? I know this isn't a total remake of Pokemon Yellow, but really? Also only the first original 151 Pokemon and only the Kanto region? I know it's just a spin-off/side game, but honestly this isn't good signs for me.

Don't get me wrong it looks interesting and some of the returning mechanics like Pokemon following you is awesome and riding on top of them, I hope they keep for the main Pokemon game on the Switch next year... but some features taken away like no Wild Pokemon Battles makes me concern. They whole point of having a Pokemon with you is for protection against Wild Pokemon, kinda defeats the point when you can catch them without battling or protection.

I do like how the Wild Pokemon appear in the world so you can at least control which Pokemon to run into and catch them. I prefer something like this for the next Pokemon game.

Right now I'm on the fence... I love Pokemon, but I don't think I'm going to get it least. On launch probably. I'll wait and see.

Alright... almost forgot. You need to have Pokemon that are SUPER EFFECTIVE against the Gym Leaders to challenge them? Wha... what, why? So I have to actively find Pokemon to fight in the gym that are effective against that type instead of using what team I have. I remember in Red/Blue I had a Charmander, Pidgey, Pikachu, Butterfree/Beedrill, and Rattata and it was a challenge, but I manage to win with perseverance and items. As well as higher levels.

So I can't challenge myself anymore and have to be forced to use Pokemon that can easily beat the Gym Leader? I mean I do that, but it's nice to have some other options too. This is looking to be more casual than how normally casual the series usually is.

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project

Offline CephiYumi

• Kick the door, hit the floor, magical words (groovy!)
  • RPM Purifier
  • mew mew~
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 20, 2018, 01:46:46 AM
I honestly think it looks really cute and less frustrating.  I always end up liking pokemon side games way more than the main games so I'll probably really love it x3 And I mean Eevee sits on your head!

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: June 30, 2018, 07:54:26 PM
Well, I may pick this up eventually as I... need a Switch too...

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #6 on: July 05, 2018, 02:16:51 AM
The main reason I tend to lose interest in Pokemon side games is how difficult it is to find me a freaking Dragonite.  To that end I actually appreciate that the Go-esque wild battles will lessen the billion random encounters.

I don't mind lacking wild battles; trainer battles are still in and my literal favorite Pokemon game ever (Colosseum) had no wild battles at all.  And I clearly saw four attacks in the Trainer battles, so this is bigger than just Go without a GPS.  What I'm curious to know is if these games, being the figurative bridge between Go and a traditional Pokemon RPG, will function in that capacity literally.  As in, will we be able to trade with Bank and/or the later Switch games?

Honestly, I wound up skipping Gen VII entirely waiting for that rumored Stars version for Switch that never happened.  I wouldn't mind a lighter side game to jump back in, especially since the proper Gen VIII game will likely be lacking move tutors again (every first game of a generation does, that's how they hook you for the third/sequel/remake).  Plus, I'm a big fan of the "Pokemon following you in the overworld" thing.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: July 12, 2018, 06:16:29 PM
[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSL7l2Ie_NY[/yt]

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLm5G3v7jno&t=0s[/yt]

Thank goodness trainer customization is back too.

We also have some info on version exclusives.

Oddish, Sandshrew & Growlithe are exclusive to Let's Go Pikachu while Bellsprout, Vulpix and Meowth are exclusive to Let's Go Eevee

And as a last note.....I really hope there's more options for Pikachu and Eevee's haircuts, I don't like any of the ones I saw so far.

EDIT:
[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_isAqA-iyI[/yt]

So much Pokemon info today.  As you can see Jesse and James are back, Pokemon can flee, and you actually fight the Legendary Pokemon.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: July 14, 2018, 10:00:13 PM
Hmm... I'm still miffed about the no "Wild Pokemon" battle thing, but everything else does look amazing!

I might get it on release seeing as my brother is looking to get this game as well. I plan to get the Eevee version simply because I like Meowth and Vulpix so might as well.