Transformers: Devastation - G1 Brawler from PlatinumGames

ViperAcidZX · 1481

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
[youtube]youtu.be/rSESEZdGmUQ[/youtube]

Not sure if this was mentioned in the E3 thread or in another thread (and I've tried searching for it and haven't found a similar post), but here goes. So among the games PlatinumGames are working on that was revealed during this year's E3, they also got another game in the works: a G1 Transformers beat 'em up. So far it is said about the game is that will feature five playable bots from the TV series (Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Sideswipe, Wheeljack, and Grimlock), five difficulty levels, an in-depth customization system, and of course over-the-top action. Furthermore, the actors from the TV series will be reprising their roles in the game. Kenji Saito, the director of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance who also worked The Legend of Korra game and Bayonetta 2, is also working on the game. The game will come out for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xboned, and PC this Fall.

Sources: http://www.siliconera.com/2015/06/13/platinumgames-are-developing-a-transformers-brawler/
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/06/15/metal-gear-rising-director-working-on-transformers-devastation/

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #1 on: June 19, 2015, 04:12:45 AM
Grimlock = sold.  If he is one of your choices against Devastator, the game will be a dream come true.

Of course, due to my own cheapness, gotta hope they don't gimp the last-gen version too badly.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 19, 2015, 04:38:02 AM
So they mass produced the battle chargers?  8D

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 19, 2015, 07:07:20 AM
Yeah, I'm definitely interested.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 19, 2015, 07:12:58 AM
This is from the same team that created the Legend of Korra game. I hope this at least has some good enemy variety.

Because Korra, holy [parasitic bomb], every enemy you fight are literally just re-colors of the Equalists.

Even with the Triads; once you face them a couple times, they come back as [chameleon sting]ing re-colors. Clearly, they were on a tight schedule when making that game. I hope this isn't the same way.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: June 19, 2015, 11:19:37 PM
Also the same team that brought us Revengance too.  owob

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: June 19, 2015, 11:46:20 PM
Yeah, Platinum develops a lot of kickass games, so it's a shame that Korra had so little effort.

The battle system is decent, at least.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: June 19, 2015, 11:50:24 PM
Any idea what the budget for Korra was? Sometimes no matter how good a dev is a small budget can limit what they can do.