Super "What Are You Thinking?" ReBirth

Mr. Haxwell · 1058750

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #7425 on: August 30, 2013, 08:18:14 AM
I have a friend whose stuck in Montana who's been trying to find some gamers and finally having some success after a few months.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #7426 on: August 30, 2013, 08:26:34 AM
What people with similar interests?

No seriously, I don't meet people who like anime. I hear people talk about anime but they talk about stupid [parasitic bomb] like Bleach.

I don't meet people who collect figures because this isn't a place where that is common.

I don't meet people. I see people but I do not talk to them often. They do not share my interests and I don't share theirs.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #7427 on: August 30, 2013, 08:37:58 AM
I know absolutely no one around here with even remotely similar interests...

...until I go to Horrorfind.

Archer

Reply #7428 on: August 30, 2013, 08:47:29 AM
What people with similar interests?

No seriously, I don't meet people who like anime. I hear people talk about anime but they talk about stupid [parasitic bomb] like Bleach.

I don't meet people who collect figures because this isn't a place where that is common.

I don't meet people. I see people but I do not talk to them often. They do not share my interests and I don't share theirs.

That's because everyone hides their powerlevel.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #7429 on: August 30, 2013, 08:50:37 AM
That's... true.

Solitude sucks though.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #7430 on: August 30, 2013, 09:06:44 AM
It really irks me when someone tells me that I shouldn't go to Hobby Lobby because they're run by Christians.  So the [tornado fang] what?  Look, it's easy for you to avoid going there when you live in an area with more choices and everything's closer together and easily accessible.  Try living in an area where things are spread out across four or five counties.  Also, try living in that area with no transportation of your own and be forced to rely on others to get where you need to go.

In an area such as Gettysburg, all the larger stores are either in York, Franklin, Cumberland, or Dauphin county.  NONE OF THEM are in Adams county.  When I need to go somewhere, I will choose the location with the shortest driving distance, and it is quicker to go to Hobby Lobby--which is a straight shot west on Rte 30--than it is to go to Michael's or AC Moore, none of which are on 30.

Thus, I don't give two flying fucks what your beliefs are, or lack thereof; you can't dictate where I shop because one store is run by Christians and you have the same aversion to religion as Han Solo has to odds.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #7431 on: August 30, 2013, 09:10:32 AM
i think i should go to bed.

and when I wake up I can be sad that the thing I'm cuddling is just a pillow and not somebody else.

Oh well, [tornado fang]ing lonliness is creeping up on me and taking my mental state down for a ride on the rollercoaster of emotions.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #7432 on: August 30, 2013, 10:26:13 AM
It really irks me when someone tells me that I shouldn't go to Hobby Lobby because they're run by Christians.  So the [tornado fang] what?  Look, it's easy for you to avoid going there when you live in an area with more choices and everything's closer together and easily accessible.  Try living in an area where things are spread out across four or five counties.  Also, try living in that area with no transportation of your own and be forced to rely on others to get where you need to go.

In an area such as Gettysburg, all the larger stores are either in York, Franklin, Cumberland, or Dauphin county.  NONE OF THEM are in Adams county.  When I need to go somewhere, I will choose the location with the shortest driving distance, and it is quicker to go to Hobby Lobby--which is a straight shot west on Rte 30--than it is to go to Michael's or AC Moore, none of which are on 30.

This is what I tried to explain to people at this nerd social gathering thing I went to at the Way Station in Brooklyn, which is a Doctor Who themed bar. The gathering was asking about nerd culture in today's society and how people there thought it had become accepted. The thing is that these people are living in NYC, where just about everything is accepted and there are multiple places to go to & have easy access to.

But it's hard in the rest of America because there's not much out there in the country. Little to no transportation and not much else offering up into the world of nerd society, whether it be anime, comics, figures, or whatever. Sports still reigns supreme in the majority of this country and in a lot of places nerds are still seen as outcasts, especially now that they can retreat to the net.

I find the best way to get to know someone is to simply listen to their interests and see if there is even a shred of common ground to work with. Popular TV shows are usually a good "in" so to speak. Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, and other such shows help with this. From there it's possible to build upon that and move on to other likes & dislikes and hopefully form a friendship.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #7433 on: August 30, 2013, 11:22:59 AM
Mabel just threw up in my room.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #7434 on: August 30, 2013, 12:55:08 PM
Mabel just threw up in my room.
Cats.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #7435 on: August 30, 2013, 01:29:00 PM
WHY AM I STILL AWAKE?!

*passes out*

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #7436 on: August 30, 2013, 03:01:11 PM
Due to classes, I won't be on nearly as much as I was before.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #7437 on: August 30, 2013, 05:19:55 PM
I'm probably going to be on less to spare you all from my whiny emotional bitching and [parasitic bomb].

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Reply #7438 on: August 30, 2013, 05:47:59 PM
It really irks me when someone tells me that I shouldn't go to Hobby Lobby because they're run by Christians.
This interests me for some reason. Can I ask why something like that would matter within your area?

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #7439 on: August 30, 2013, 06:39:55 PM

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #7440 on: August 30, 2013, 08:13:14 PM
I got a scratch on my hand earlier today.

I didn't really feel it, and I hadn't noticed it broke skin until I looked at it later.

My mind is in a jumble, I can still put on a convincing show of being happy, but outside of that I feel like I'm dead.

I keep getting these shocks of pain throughout my body, they've usually been just in my neck or arms but today I felt one through my torso. Its like I was shocked by lightning or something.

There's nothing around that makes me really happy or anything, I'd cry but I have to keep appearances up.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #7441 on: August 30, 2013, 08:53:40 PM
The boredom. :|

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #7442 on: August 30, 2013, 08:59:30 PM
The boredom. :|

In class, work, or at home?

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #7443 on: August 30, 2013, 09:00:17 PM
In class, work, or at home?
Home, my bro is still in the hospital.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #7444 on: August 30, 2013, 09:13:13 PM
Home, my bro is still in the hospital.

Ah okay. Sorry to hear that. Perhaps writing would take your mind off of things? It helps me sometimes.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #7445 on: August 30, 2013, 09:15:19 PM
The problem is that I don't want to write the next part because I'm excited about the other parts but it is getting done slowly.  Other than that I got nothing.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #7446 on: August 30, 2013, 09:16:52 PM
The problem is that I don't want to write the next part because I'm excited about the other parts but it is getting done slowly.  Other than that I got nothing.

Wait...what? You don't want to write what's next because you're excited about writing future stuff? Haha, but you have to write the next part in order to get to that stuff.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #7447 on: August 30, 2013, 09:21:11 PM
Wait...what? You don't want to write what's next because you're excited about writing future stuff? Haha, but you have to write the next part in order to get to that stuff.
I know it sucks, damn mind distracting me and stuff when I should be doing that.  Another thing is I need a smooth transmission between the meeting and the Red Alert, but as I said I am getting it done slowly.  

Also going to try to hang out with Will so I can get out of the house and stuff, I don't want to stay here right now.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #7448 on: August 30, 2013, 09:35:22 PM
I know it sucks, damn mind distracting me and stuff when I should be doing that.  Another thing is I need a smooth transmission between the meeting and the Red Alert, but as I said I am getting it done slowly.  

I'd have the Red Alert take place during the meeting, then fast forward to the battle at the Fxenodrome. No need to draw out them actually getting there.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #7449 on: August 30, 2013, 09:39:59 PM
Akai and Kharaxel still need to get their weapons, I'm still at the briefing at the moment.  After they get their weapons then they teleport to the Eastern Weapon's Shack, get in a van, and then they'll be at the fight in the next post.