The Final Fantasy Thread ~ For all your Chocobo Needs!

VirusChris · 29190

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
There's quite a bit of news on some of the Final Fantasy games as of late so I'll be kind enough to let you fans know! First up, Lightning's Return: Final Fantasy XIII which is the last of the FFXIII games (hopefully... I want to see Versus soon).

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/03/18/lightning-returns-with-new-overclock-ability-that-freezes-enemies/

Lightning returns in the third game of the Final Fantasy XIII games and this time she's going solo, as well as visiting a new area called "Dead Dune" in the her latest adventure, and she comes equip with an unique ability called "Overclock" that freezes her enemies in place... so yeah she gains a Time Stopping ability.

In order for Lightning to use this newfound ability she has to use GP, a brand new stat for this FFXIII game, which also uses the GP to use recovery magic along her HP and MP stats.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/01/28/lightning-can-guard-and-evade-attacks-in-lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii/

Lightning can also guard and evade attacks as well, with a button trigger for the evade where you have to time it just right to dodge the oncoming attack and move out of the way. Also Lightning's attacks and abilities are map to four buttons in this new battle system and changing Lightning's costume will affect her stats and abilities... kinda like the Dressphere System from Final Fantasy X-2.

The battle system will be faster pace than the previous ones in the series.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/01/23/lightning-is-fighting-for-noels-soul-lumina-was-designed-by-crystal-chronicles-staff/
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/01/17/why-are-noel-and-lightning-fighting-in-lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii/

Lumina is the Antagonist of the story (who looks eerily similar looking to Serah in my opinion) and Lightning also is fighting against Noel... for his soul?

[youtube]riLLp8YnRWM[/youtube]

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/03/21/lightning-visits-an-oasis-town-in-new-lightning-returns-screenshots/
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/03/20/new-lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii-screenshots-show-off-desert-area/

Lightning's Return: Final Fantasy XIII will be released this Fall for both the Xbox 360 and PS3.

And now for the HD Remaster of Final Fantasy X AND Final Fantasy X-2!

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/03/22/final-fantasy-xx-2-hd-remaster-coming-to-the-west-this-year/
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/03/19/final-fantasy-x-hd-on-ps3-will-include-final-fantasy-x-2/

The games have been announced to be released in the US late this year for both the PS3 and Vita version, where the PS3 has both games bundled together and sadly for the Vita both games will be sold separately.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/03/20/yes-final-fantasy-x-2-is-getting-an-hd-remaster-too/

One of the reasons I assume of the lack of FFX HD news was apparently they were adding FFX-2 to the mix as well which is an excellent surprise and they going to use the International Versions of the game which included the many updates to the games that made it even better and the US will be getting these versions as well.

Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2 HD remasters will be release in Japan and the US this year for both the PS3 and Vita. Look forward to it!

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 04:31:31 AM
For the first time you're actually posting something that isn't mediocre trash. I'm proud of you.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 04:33:24 AM
For the first time you're actually posting something that isn't mediocre trash. I'm proud of you.

Hey, hey, everyone has many tastes... please respect that. =_=
I quite like the Fate series... though I'm not sure how I feel about the Vita version of the Visual Novel cropping the overall scenes of the game.

But thank you nonetheless.

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 04:42:24 AM
Hey, hey, everyone has many tastes... please respect that. =_=
I quite like the Fate series... though I'm not sure how I feel about the Vita version of the Visual Novel cropping the overall scenes of the game.

But thank you nonetheless.

Oh, I'm a huge fan of the Nasuverse. But Extra never looked good to me, even when I first looked up information about it and saw the pics.

Archer

Reply #4 on: March 23, 2013, 05:55:35 AM

but he did; final fantasy xiii

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: March 23, 2013, 02:43:40 PM
but he did; final fantasy xiii

Nothing pleases does it? Always got to find that one little to nitpick.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #6 on: March 23, 2013, 02:46:54 PM
There's also this Final Fantasy V remake here, which is coming to iOS this month in Japan with an Android version to follow this summer. It retains the additions of FFV Advance, such as the new jobs.

No word on a western release as of yet, though.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #8 on: March 23, 2013, 08:06:10 PM
What do you guys make of this?!]

http://www.vgleaks.com/final-fantasy-xv-will-be-exclusive-on-ps4/

Sqaure has been stalling with Versus XIII long enough, and I have a suspicion that it's been pushed to the PS4.
Oops.
Heh, if true that's both marketing genius and a dick move at the same time! XD

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: March 23, 2013, 08:14:12 PM
Wow... really?

Well as long as the game GETS out, I'm OK with the move. A little disappointed that it's not coming out to the PS3, but oh well at least it wasn't cancelled.

And it looks like a really good FF game to me so far, I hope the final version is great and well worth the wait!

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #10 on: March 23, 2013, 08:21:11 PM
inb4 they decide to port it to 360's successor.

Since my older has a PS3 and FFXIII, maybe he'll upgrade to PS4 and get this.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #11 on: March 24, 2013, 01:38:43 AM
versus is still versus and is still ps3.

they've said as much before. that vgleaks article claims square ceased ps3 production of versus 2 years ago, but the reality is quite the opposite. that's when versus entered full-scale development. for ps3.

the fact that something like that has been confirmed is enough to shatter that rumor in my eyes.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: March 24, 2013, 01:54:31 AM
You never know with Square. I really wouldn't put it past them to pull this [parasitic bomb].

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #13 on: March 24, 2013, 01:56:41 AM
Except for the fact that they haven't this time.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: March 24, 2013, 02:02:44 AM
Nothing is set in stone.

You never know with Square. I really wouldn't put it past them to pull this [parasitic bomb].

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: March 25, 2013, 01:42:49 AM
It wouldn't be the first time a game was held back to launch on a new system, especially for one that's been in development for this long and doesn't have a release date. Let's take into consideration that two FFXIII games have been completed in the same time frame, and another is on it's way. If the Versus project's still alive at this point, it's entirely possible that it's been pushed back.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #16 on: March 25, 2013, 02:56:51 AM
It is still alive. Even when Kotaku claimed it was canceled (and then backpedaled when SE responded claiming they didn't start that rumor), it was confirmed to be still in the works.

But I suppose it might be hard for people to not be pessimistic about things, given SE's track record. :\

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: March 25, 2013, 03:54:01 AM

But I suppose it might be hard for people to not be pessimistic about things, given SE's track record. :\

That's what I said.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #18 on: March 25, 2013, 10:23:32 AM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=IvwfH6W7DGs[/youtube]

Archer

Reply #19 on: March 25, 2013, 10:35:01 AM
because i really wanted to play x-2 ever again

no seriously [tornado fang] that game and its stupid completion percentage system

the perfect ending is not worth at all

[spoiler]I'm looking forward to it.[/spoiler]

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #20 on: March 25, 2013, 11:14:00 AM
To me, the battle system was the best thing about X-2. Changing jobs mid-battle, earning AP instantly so I can master abilities and use them without having to wait until I'd won... I really enjoyed it. :3

Archer

Reply #21 on: March 25, 2013, 11:20:16 AM
To me, the battle system was the best thing about X-2.

It was the only thing.

Everything else about it is [parasitic bomb].

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: March 26, 2013, 12:51:09 AM
As long it's the International versions (I never owned a proper copy of FFX, X-2 is just a plus for me.).  I'm definitely getting these.

Offline Burst

• Not Just Some Dude
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Slorgas.
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: March 26, 2013, 02:11:29 AM
Moogles destroy all.

That and Tactics, even if's just ripped from Ogre Tactics. Tactics is by far my favorite FF.

IX was sweet, but I only rented it. X I've beaten two times, It's run it's course. VII I got to the 3rd disc and just stopped.

FF I was awesome but I got stuck in a cave and wasn't at a high enough level to beat the boss and was stuck between grinding for levels and just dropped it. Shame, since it was almost as fun for me as X was. II is garbage. VI is the only one I haven't finished that I actually intend to someday, probably only because it's so classic and reminiscent of Chrono Trigger.

I played CT first, leave me alone. Also had every ending for that game back in the SNES days.

IV was actually really good, but once again, I got stuck. I don't have patience for most RPGs, they really need something unique to pull me through.

VIII is garbage in a similar way that II is garbage. And I really haven't been interested in any new FFs since XII, which I also didn't finish, for gameplay reasons.

V looked fun, since it's the first FF with the job system (other than III but I don't want a DS right now) but once again, got stuck on something dumb due to the classic RPG move of giving you no indication of where to go or what to do. I only put up with that for Dragon Warrior I due to nostalgic value.

Kotaku

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H47ow4_Cmk0[/youtube]

You can't be just some dude with that post count...

I HAVE MY EYE ON YOU
Armor sprite done by Blackhook, NOTME.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #24 on: March 26, 2013, 03:16:59 AM
As long it's the International versions (I never owned a proper copy of FFX, X-2 is just a plus for me.).  I'm definitely getting these.
Both are the International versions.