"What's Upsetting You Right Now?"

Joseph Collins · 470758

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #100 on: November 03, 2012, 06:19:11 AM
Most likely stones.  Won't know for sure until I pass some.  In the meantime, I'm drinking cranberry juice and otherwise increasing my fluid intake.

Oh yeah. My father had some trouble with that. Heard it's really painful when they pass.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #101 on: November 03, 2012, 06:20:14 AM
The fact I have to sit through an unskippable 30-something second ad on every other Youtube video I watch.

You should invest in something called ADBLOCK PLUS.

Seriously.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #102 on: November 03, 2012, 06:23:35 AM
You should invest in something called ADBLOCK PLUS.

Seriously.

I would get it, but I use Incognito browsing for everything that's not Facebook or Google Search and I can't seem to get addons to work. I refuse to use that piece of [parasitic bomb] Firefox and I don't use Internet Explorer for anything other than school and other casual browsing.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #103 on: November 03, 2012, 06:26:28 AM
I would get it, but I use Incognito browsing for everything that's not Facebook or Google Search and I can't seem to get addons to work. I refuse to use that piece of [parasitic bomb] Firefox and I don't use Internet Explorer for anything other than school and other casual browsing.

Firefox is not a piece of [parasitic bomb].
Stop using incog, seriously it makes no sense unless you're doing something like browsing e-hentai on a shared PC.

Archer

Reply #104 on: November 03, 2012, 06:27:20 AM
oh [parasitic bomb] incognito browsing

we've got a badass over here

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #105 on: November 03, 2012, 06:31:08 AM
Firefox is not a piece of [parasitic bomb].
Stop using incog, seriously it makes no sense unless you're doing something like browsing e-hentai on a shared PC.

I use incognito because I have a little brother in the house who pokes through my computer constantly.

oh [parasitic bomb] incognito browsing

we've got a badass over here

I know. I'm such a rebel.  >w<

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #106 on: November 03, 2012, 06:32:40 AM
I use incognito because I have a little brother in the house who pokes through my computer constantly.

I know. I'm such a rebel.  >w<
Password protect that [sonic slicer].

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #107 on: November 03, 2012, 06:33:29 AM
you can set plugins to work in incognito. just go to settings, click EXTENSIONS, and check the box ALLOW IN INCOGNITO

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #108 on: November 03, 2012, 06:34:16 AM
Password protect that [sonic slicer].

Aaaand it's also a computer my school sent me because I have no job nor money to purchase my own.
I'm going into college and (likely) getting a job next year. Hopefully this'll be sorted out by then and I can have [parasitic bomb] done right.

you can set plugins to work in incognito. just go to settings, click EXTENSIONS, and check the box ALLOW IN INCOGNITO

Alrighty. That was actually helpful. Thanks.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #109 on: November 03, 2012, 06:34:55 AM
Oh yeah. My father had some trouble with that. Heard it's really painful when they pass.

It's a horrible pain, if the stone is big enough.  My first one sent me to the hospital overnight.  Other ones... not as bad.  They passed without incident.

As for Firefox and its memory leaks...  I haven't had too much of a problem with it.  

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #110 on: November 03, 2012, 06:35:05 AM
no problem

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #111 on: November 03, 2012, 06:35:31 AM
I've never even heard of incognito what is it used for and why is it "bad"?  Also what is up with people getting laptops from their high school?

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #112 on: November 03, 2012, 06:38:06 AM
It's a horrible pain, if the stone is big enough.  My first one sent me to the hospital overnight.  Other ones... not as bad.  They passed without incident.

As for Firefox and its memory leaks...  I haven't had too much of a problem with it.  

How often do they come around? Sorry if it's too personal or anything. I'm just curious, and considering I'll be working towards a medical degree, it is relevant to my interests.

I wouldn't have anything against Firefox if not for it's godawful interface.

Posted on: November 02, 2012, 10:36:37 PM
I've never even heard of incognito what is it used for and why is it "bad"?  Also what is up with people getting laptops from their high school?

Incognito is a Google Chrome function that does not store history or cookies.

It's actually a desktop, not a laptop. I'm not in a brick and mortar school. I'm in an online public high school. It's basically like homeschooling except it's a recognized public school and I graduate just like any other high school student. They do send laptops but desktops are more common.

Archer

Reply #113 on: November 03, 2012, 06:38:55 AM
How often do they come around? Sorry if it's too personal or anything. I'm just curious, and considering I'll be working towards a medical degree, it is relevant to my interests.

Posted on: November 02, 2012, 10:36:37 PM
Incognito is a Google Chrome function that does not store history or cookies.

It's actually a desktop, not a laptop. I'm not in a brick and mortar school. I'm in an online public high school. It's basically like homeschooling except it's a recognized public school and I graduate just like any other high school student. They do send laptops but desktops are more common.

No wonder you're so retarded.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #114 on: November 03, 2012, 06:41:44 AM

That's why you use the Menu bar, gets rid of that awful button.

And just because its a PC the school sent you (or whatever) doesn't mean you can't PASSWORD PROTECT THAT [sonic slicer].

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #115 on: November 03, 2012, 06:44:07 AM
No wonder you're so retarded.

Actually that's a common misconception that homeschooled kids are unsocialized and well, retarded. I get plenty of socialization through interaction with other people in my neighborhood not to mention the frequent field trips and meetings the kids in my state have. Plus I attend a daily Taekwondo class and I have a considerable amount of friends there as well.

The more you know!

That's why you use the Menu bar, gets rid of that awful button.

And just because its a PC the school sent you (or whatever) doesn't mean you can't PASSWORD PROTECT THAT [sonic slicer].

Actually I can't. It has a modified version of Win7 that even further restricts my account rights. (In fact, I don't even have an account. It auto-logs into an account called Student). So I can't password protect it, nor can I set any kind of restrictions. The most I can do is install and uninstall things and freely browse the web.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #116 on: November 03, 2012, 06:45:46 AM
I had one of those student computers (I'm still using it).  I hacked the hell out of it.  Then, when it was officially mine, I reformatted it.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #117 on: November 03, 2012, 06:49:25 AM
I had one of those student computers (I'm still using it).  I hacked the hell out of it.  Then, when it was officially mine, I reformatted it.

I still gotta send it back. It's due to be returned, I think after I graduate, or after my little brother graduates. (That and we have the school do a free tech refresh every three years, so it's gonna get sent back one way or another.)

Yep that's not an option.
Like I said, once I'm able to afford my own PC it's not gonna be a problem. I'm good with what I got right here and it is a dependable system. And considering Mirby just solved my last issue and all...

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #118 on: November 03, 2012, 06:51:00 AM
So let me get this strait you get a computer from your high school that is so restricted that you can't password protect it?  Jeez what happens if it gets stolen or somehow hacked from a outside party?

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #119 on: November 03, 2012, 06:52:18 AM
I've been using my old computer for eight years now! XD  I'm hoping that I can get a new one in December.

Back to things that upset us...

Groceries eat up quite a bit of one's paycheck, more than one realizes.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #120 on: November 03, 2012, 06:54:11 AM

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #121 on: November 03, 2012, 06:55:14 AM
So let me get this strait you get a computer from your high school that is so restricted that you can't password protect it?  Jeez what happens if it gets stolen or somehow hacked from a outside party?

You'd be surprised how well protected from hacking this thing is. It has one of those heavy-duty office grade protection softwares on it.

As for stolen? Unless someone comes into my room, unplugs the tower, monitor, keyboard, mouse, speakers, and wireless reciever unnoticed, and carries that all out without any kind of trace, I doubt that's gonna be an issue.

I've been using my old computer for eight years now! XD  I'm hoping that I can get a new one in December.

Back to things that upset us...

Groceries eat up quite a bit of one's paycheck, more than one realizes.

I dropped thirty bucks out of pocket buying Halloween candy, cereal, milk, bread, and dishwashing liquid. Shouldn't that be like a total of fifteen bucks, logically?

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/adblock-plus/
Opera: https://addons.opera.com/en/extensions/details/opera-adblock/
Chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/adblock/gighmmpiobklfepjocnamgkkbiglidom

You're welcome~ :cookie:

Thanks Popura! I already installed it though.  >U< You're a bit late on that one!

Archer

Reply #122 on: November 03, 2012, 06:56:25 AM
You'd be surprised how well protected from hacking this thing is. It has one of those heavy-duty office grade protection softwares on it.

wow its [tornado fang]ing nothing

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #123 on: November 03, 2012, 06:56:34 AM

As for stolen? Unless someone comes into my room, unplugs the tower, monitor, keyboard, mouse, speakers, and wireless reciever unnoticed, and carries that all out without any kind of trace, I doubt that's gonna be an issue.

I dropped thirty bucks out of pocket buying Halloween candy, cereal, milk, bread, and dishwashing liquid. Shouldn't that be like a total of fifteen bucks, logically?

Thanks Popura! I already installed it though.  >U< You're a bit late on that one!

You should have waited to buy that Halloween candy till AFTER Halloween

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #124 on: November 03, 2012, 06:59:56 AM
You should have waited to buy that Halloween candy till AFTER Halloween

I went before Halloween, because we needed it for Trick or Treaters and we're all kinda strapped for cash. And then we still ran out. If not for me and the kids I was taking around the neighborhood coming back in time to drop some of our extra, we would've been out.