Could the Mega Man series work as a fighting game?

Waifu · 2430

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
If Power Battles, Fighters and various crossovers are any indication, Mega Man could transfer well into fighters. I knwo that those games already exist but how would a Mega Man fighting game with most of the Robot Masters, Mavericks and other characters work out?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 08:50:53 AM
Isnt that what Scramble Battle would have been had it ever existed?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Mike Arcade

• Lives in Obscurity
  • Cyberelf
    • View Profile
    • Mike Arcade's youtube page
Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 06:22:03 PM
Probably, but hey wouldn't that be a good thing? Besides while the characters work for a tradtional fighter (MVC and SVC show good examples), having a game based on the entire MM series wouldn't really work I think unless it was a game like Smash Bros, Playstation All-Stars, or Onimusha Blade Warriors.

You know rather then fight for everlasting peace, I usually fight because blowing stuff up is fun.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #3 on: June 30, 2012, 06:26:02 PM
all i'm thinking of is Power Battles and Power Fighters.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 30, 2012, 07:18:02 PM
Probably, but hey wouldn't that be a good thing? Besides while the characters work for a tradtional fighter (MVC and SVC show good examples), having a game based on the entire MM series wouldn't really work I think unless it was a game like Smash Bros, Playstation All-Stars, or Onimusha Blade Warriors.

Maybe that could work out, I want playable robot masters.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #5 on: June 30, 2012, 08:10:19 PM
MUGEN tends to do this rather poorly (with most RM fighters almost playing identical to one-another and not being creative about their combat styles). I think that Airman and other "tanks" should play more defensively and RMs like Cutman are more on the offensive. RMs with unique traits (Flashman, Galaxyman, etc.) could a blend of two fighting stradegies.

However personally, Mega Man as a fighter will most likely do well if excecute properly.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Treleus

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: July 01, 2012, 07:22:18 PM
They just need really good, creative, competent designers, that's all. It's one thing to copy verbatim the moves from their original game into a fighting game, and it's quite another to put all sorts of neat melee spins to it. The ones that have melee weapons already are the easy ones.