The Great Gonzo · 13749

Offline IQ-0

• Ice Queen Zero
  • Resistance Member
  • Friendship Advisory - Magical Content
    • View Profile
    • 1CC Gaming
Reply #50 on: June 21, 2012, 08:24:42 PM
My favorite songs on that album were Grow Up, Shadowman, Aqua Love, Interlude, and Ringman Pt1&2 in fact it's hard for me not to sing Grow Up whenever I hear Woodman's stage.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: June 21, 2012, 10:05:48 PM
i had forgotten that around here opinion is treated as absolute infallible fact by quite a few members...

*sighs*

anyways, just pointing out that the logo was used elsewhere already, no need to shoot the messenger >_>

I never said my opinion was fact. I just hate real shitty self-inserts, I used to make them, nobody likes them.
And his music is rap? God that makes it even worse.

And I never shoot messengers.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #52 on: June 22, 2012, 01:04:55 AM
Yes. But, speaking of ridiculously expensive: The Street Fighter 25th Anniversary set--

--is roughly $150.

The E-Can, which is far less substantial, is $200.

Bastards.
In all fairness, the E-Can hasn't announced a U.S. price tag yet.  Contrary to popular belief a direct yen-to-dollar conversion often does not apply in marketing.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: June 22, 2012, 01:25:57 AM
No, but its often pretty close, from what ive seen

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Treleus

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: June 22, 2012, 08:27:36 AM
So, wait, they want to charge roughly 200 bucks for a disc set that, among other things, excludes the X and Legends series? Are they [tornado fang]ing daft? I can understand the Legends series if it's soundtrack wasn't strong enough to match up with the rest, but considering this is a 25th anniversary celebration of the entire damn franchise, shouldn't that be included AS WELL AS the obviously kickass X series music? Are they still being throttled back by nebulous copyright matzah balls having to do with Legends localization?

That combined with the lack of Gameboy Mega Man music makes this a far-gone no-buy for me.

This December better blow my tits off, Capcom. Whatever you're planning.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: June 23, 2012, 06:25:36 AM

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: June 23, 2012, 08:41:41 AM
Hey, come on now. There's no harm in releasing a couple of arrange soundtr- wait, what?? 40$ each?! The f-

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: June 23, 2012, 08:46:16 AM
More half assedness from capcom:

http://www.rockmancorner.com/2012/06/more-soundtracks-for-25th-anniversary.html

Didn't they do this already with the 15th anniversary?

Its like they don't want any mone-

Dear [tornado fang]ing god, we have to buy this stuff. Lest we fall into Capcom's trap.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: June 23, 2012, 08:49:46 AM
You support it and they'll keep dragging around Megaman's rotting corpse through the cash in trenches.

You don't and Megaman disappears FOREVER.

Make your choice, sir.

(There is no [tornado fang]ing way I would buy two arrange disks for 40$ a pop. Especially after the whole Legends thing.)

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: June 23, 2012, 08:57:42 AM
I hate remix-arrangements. I already wasn't going to buy it, just making up bullshit conspiracy.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: June 23, 2012, 09:28:47 AM
More half assedness from capcom:

http://www.rockmancorner.com/2012/06/more-soundtracks-for-25th-anniversary.html
....I want to head desk now....so hard that it breaks the desk....and I mean a teacher's or office desk.

Would it be too much to say that Capcom is too dumb to live?  I mean I can understand not getting a game, but getting a 10 disk set for almost $200 and 2 more for $80 more, what the sense make?  Truthfully I wasn't expecting much, though I kinda wanted another art book or something, but this is just a horrible thing to do for a 25th anniversary.  While the music is probably cool, it just costs too much for anyone to buy it unless they're rich and the fact that it's only the classic series does not help.  Plus honestly the fact that so far it's the classic series really makes me sad, I want my X, ZX, and Battle Network, heck throw in Starforce 3 and some of the Zero series there too not just the Classic series.  But I'll hold my head til December, because this can't be it unless they really were that stupid.

If that arrange CD was cheaper I would get it but $40 bucks is just too much.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Archer

Reply #61 on: June 23, 2012, 09:31:24 AM
....I want to head desk now....so hard that it breaks the desk....and I mean a teacher's or office desk.

Would it be too much to say that Capcom is too dumb to live?

But if people buy it (and they will) then they clearly aren't.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #62 on: June 23, 2012, 09:37:32 AM
But if people buy it (and they will) then they clearly aren't.
That's true and it makes me sigh.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #63 on: June 23, 2012, 02:52:52 PM
It's like they forgot other series exit.

How about some X remixes, hmm? or Battle network or.. *gasp* LEGENDS remixes?

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: June 23, 2012, 03:41:00 PM
I somehow thought that those CDs would be sold together. Great, there goes my enthusiasm. (Still better than the E-Can, at least--right?)

And of course, there are assholes who think we should be happy with whatever Capcom puts out, no matter how overpriced and/or half-assed--one person went so far as to tell everyone that we're not getting any more games and that we need to "get over [ourselves]" and quit "whining"--and that we somehow don't want any more MM games because we won't blindly buy this stuff.

I don't know if they or Capcom are more infuriating.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #65 on: June 23, 2012, 05:53:04 PM
ill just paste what i posted over at the corner.

"OH HURR DURR SHTOP WHINING YOU GUIZ GET OVER YOURSELVES GEEZ THIS IS COOL STOP COMPLAINING"

yknow what the problem with that is?

this ISNT cool. The E can soundtrack tin is interesting, but ridiculously overpriced for what the content amounts to: something EASILY AVAILABLE FOR FREE.

Remixes? interesting I suppose... When they are something OTHER than Classic series remixes, which we have gotten for previous anniversaries.

Im not expecting much, but at least something of actual effort, and not something Capcom can easily just halfass and call it a day. It's INCREDIBLye asy for them to chuck some OST's on a few discs, and then make a novelty package for it to make it seem cool. Just as easy to get their music workers to remix some tracks from Megaman 2.

and IN CASE YOU GUYS FORGOT, THIS IS A 25TH ANNIVERSARY HERE. 25 IS A MILESTONE IN GAMING ANNIVERSARIES, AND DESERVE THE BEST.

Im not saying I want a game, but... I want a game.

or something at least WORTH my money.

you guys who just kiss up to Capcom's ass and eat up whatever they crap out regardless of quality, YOU are the problem here, and YOU need to get over yourselves. because you know what? as the fanbase that GOT the franchise where it is today, the loyal customers who bought their products and demanded more, who made demand for it and gave Capcom our money for 25 years, we Do deserve better. ESPECIALLY after the Personal Relations APOCALYPSE that was the Legends 3 fiasco and it's aftermath.

And I stand by that argument.

Offline Treleus

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #66 on: June 24, 2012, 10:25:10 PM
OCRemix's Maverick Uprising is probably a much better 25th anniversary gift. And it doesn't have all my favorite X tunes and too much Skiver in it.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #67 on: June 24, 2012, 11:29:34 PM
ill just paste what i posted over at the corner.

And I stand by that argument.
Absolutely correct, I'd say.

Unfortunately, catering to Classic-series fans (if you can even use those words to describe such highway robbery) is the path of least resistance to Capcom.  Classic is their fall-back position, being the "original" series it carries the closest thing to universal appeal that they've not yet utterly destroyed (see MM9).  Doesn't matter how popular the other individual characters are (Zero, Tron), doesn't matter how high a regard most of the western world holds the X series.  And of course there is the little pandora's box they're still trying to nail shut with Legends; multi-series efforts mean they have to either man up and face it, or conspicuously dodge it.

I knew right from the get-go that merchandise would never satisfy the fanbase: the likes of Kotobukiya, Bandai, Udon, and even Archie, they've set the bar too high. No tin can is going to approach that level of value.  We expect better for a good reason: We've seen it.  From everyone BUT Capcom, we've seen the care and quality we expect.  We're looking to Capcom to deliver what they cannot: A game.  You know how during the whole SOPA thing Sven was bitching about how they are game makers and not legislators?  Well, we're asking the game makers to make a [tornado fang]ing game (or better yet, just release the one you already made last year).  It doesn't get any plainer or simpler than that.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #68 on: June 25, 2012, 12:02:15 AM
I kinda wonder if "still no plans, wait until December" is Capcom's failed way of saying "after what happened recently we're afraid to talk about anything MM-related in case things cock up again". But that'd be giving them too much credit.

And I'm sorry to drag more drama into this thread, but remember those assholes I mentioned a few posts ago? I think this exchange is related to that "just get over it" crap:

[spoiler]Other guy:
Haha. I'm laughing at how stupid and barbaric the MegaMan fanbase has become.

You guys just [sonic slicer], [sonic slicer], [sonic slicer] and more [sonic slicer] and saying crap like MegaMan is dying and stuff.

Seriously, MegaMan has become like a cult and the fanbase are the franchise's followers and they're mad at Capcom for killing off their beloved god.

Just saying, but there are other games to enjoy other than MegaMan like Mario, Sonic, Pokemon, Final Fantasy, Tales series, and more.

JUST GET OVER LEGENDS 3'S CANCELLATION FOR CHRIST SAKE!!!!

Again, just my opinion.

Me:
Oh, so we're "barbaric" for not blindly accepting everything Capcom puts out?

Yes, we know there's other series. Just because we're worried about Megaman's fate doesn't mean that everything else stopped existing.

MML3's cancellation was a PR disaster and a horrible betrayal of trust for many fans. There's more to it than just "we didn't get the game", and you must be actively trying to avoid understanding that if you haven't gotten it by now.

Other guy:
I understand how all of you feel, except for [EXPUNGED] cause I really, really hate him.

I'm trying like some others help calm the fanbase down. But did everyone listen to us? Nooooo...

I have gotten over MegaMan's future and played other franchises that haven't been reduced to crap. I know Capcom canning Legends 3 was a big downer, but like everyone else, I was mad at the company who did this, but over time, I got over it and said to myself "I'm done with MegaMan. At least until they make a new game or Crapcom cleans up its act. Right now, I'm gonna play popular franchises that are not treated like dirt like Mario, Pokemon and my favorite RPG series of all time, Final Fantasy. And the Tales series and Zelda."

*Sigh* Thing is, like everyone who tried to reason with the angry MegaMan fanbase, I'm probably gonna get ignored. [bit directed at someone else]

Me:
Don't try to "calm down" the fanbase by insulting them.

You know how people in call centers have to deal with irate customers shrieking into their phones right off the bat? It's kinda like that, AND you're telling people to stop caring about something very close to them (even temporarily)--what worked for you won't work for everyone.

Plus, you seem to be implying that by moving on, you're better than everyone else. That's never a good idea.

Other guy:
See? That kind of attitude is making the MM fanbase look bad. Have you seen some of the comments in here? Some saying the MegaMan fanbase is compared to the Sonic fandom who i deeply respected, the Sonic fandom which I am a huge fan of Sonic. I'm not trying to insult the fanbase, I'm giving some words of encouragement to help calm this rage driven fanbase down. But I got ignored like some people who are trying to move on without MegaMan while the rest of the angry MegaMan fanbase continue to destroy themselves with their rage. If you don't like what Crapcom is doing, why don't some of you go over to their Japan HQ and kidnap the Board of Directors who are calling the shots in making your precious MegaMan games and keep them until you forced them to make more MegaMan games to keep the fricking fanbase happy?

Me (comment not approved at time of writing):
Bullshit. Your first comment opened with you calling the MM fanbase "stupid and barbaric".

That is not encouragement.

If you really wanted to calm everyone down, you'd try to point out some positive things about these 25th anniversary soundtracks, like "They're expensive, but still not as overpriced as the E-Can".

What I'm trying to say is, your actions and intentions aren't matching up in the slightest. Hell, your first comment was easily far more belligerent than most of the ones before it by the people you were screaming at.

You're being "ignored" not because everyone else is blinded by rage, but because you're being incredibly dickish about "calming them down".
[/spoiler]

...does anyone else think that he only said he was trying to "calm down the fanbase" because he got called out?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #69 on: June 25, 2012, 03:15:45 AM
just ignore him.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #70 on: June 25, 2012, 03:30:41 AM
That guy is just being an A-class dickwad.
Ignore him.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #71 on: June 25, 2012, 03:41:11 AM
I get what the guy is saying and that is kinda what I have been doing but he really shouldn't try to fix the fan base by insulting them.  Also that sounds like a meaner version of what I said last week, I know that yes the mood of the fan base is getting me down and I wish we can move on but I can understand why we can't just yet.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #72 on: June 25, 2012, 03:45:50 AM
That guy is just being an A-class dickwad.
Ignore him.

Should've done that ages ago, but alright.

Getting back on topic...Been thinking about why we got these soundtracks when we did if Capcom said they didn't have any anniversary plans yet. It's been demonstrated that there's been something of a communications breakdown between Capcom and its customers, and yet this seems like an attempt to make up for the lack of plans (however half-assed).

I'm sorry if the answer's really obvious or if this shouldn't even be a question; I just don't have anything else to talk about at the moment besides agitating holier-than-thou fans.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #73 on: June 25, 2012, 08:07:01 AM
OCRemix's Maverick Uprising is probably a much better 25th anniversary gift. And it doesn't have all my favorite X tunes and too much Skiver in it.

The Megas' History Repeating: Blue is also good.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything