Oakie's Christmas List (CLOSED)

Robert Oakes · 3548

Offline Robert Oakes

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
on: December 01, 2011, 09:53:32 PM
UPDATE: Requests are closed. The original post is quoted below.

Hi folks, long time no see.

Contrary to what it may seem, I still sprite. It's been many years since the last time I took requests, but I'll do so again for a limited time, which may range from one to two weeks depending on how many requests I receive. There are naturally a few rules, which I believe are reasonable enough.

• One request per person. Size limited to 100x100 pixels.
  • If a style isn't specified, I'll make the choice. Don't use the term "bit" to describe the style, name the game.
  • No matter the style, the color palette will have a maximum of 16 colors, including background.
  • No animations.
  • No recolors.
  • Keep it tasteful. I won't make anything considered offensive, please use your common sense.
  • I reserve the right to show what I make wherever I see fit. The art won't be used for anything else without the requestor's permission.
  • I reserve the right to deny or ignore any requests for any reason.
  • I reserve the right to change these rules as I deem needed, with or without prior warning.

If I decide to do your request, please be patient. My intention is to finish these before Christmas, but I'm not making any promises. So, without further ado, ask away.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 05:59:38 PM by Robert Oakes »

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 10:03:56 PM
I wasn't here for previous threads like this, do I just say "Horny, from Dungeon Keeper" and leave it at that?

Offline Robert Oakes

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 10:24:08 PM
I wasn't here for previous threads like this, do I just say "Horny, from Dungeon Keeper" and leave it at that?

The more information and/or visual references, the better. The time I spend researching is the time I could spend on a request instead.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 10:46:28 PM
Sprite requests, huh? Hmm...

Armourless Classic Rock and Kirby MM8-style, if that's alright? (Kirby's small, so I don't think it'd be too hard to fit him in a 100x100 space...)

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 11:53:40 PM
Well, this was the last thing I expected to see today. Cant wait to see some Oakie sprites....It is kind of a shame that I have nothing to request....

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #5 on: December 02, 2011, 12:54:57 AM
Hmm. How about a 16th-century gothic dark knight in the style I use (apologies for some things, and the incomplete creature. It's just style practice, and it doesn't have an official name yet)?

sample of mentioned style.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: December 02, 2011, 04:43:51 AM
May I ask for a sprite of Mike Jones from the Startropics series (Art Here) talking with Mica telepathically? Mike is leaning against a palm tree slinging his Supernova yo-yo with a cocky look and Mica (in her weird little projection bubble) is looking down  (out of it like she's leaning out through a window) at Mike from over his head amused. Background is a starry sky with said palm tree. If possible, could you overlay a small Startropics logo in one of the bottom corners of the sprite art?

Reference Video for Mica (Skip to 2:28)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvSoAiRRvCA[/youtube]

8)

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #7 on: December 02, 2011, 07:53:06 AM
Curse you for stealing a StarTropics character... *shakes fist*

Hmm... I think I'll take one of 'em monkeys from Ape Escape... Piposaru, if you will. :3

I don't care about the style; make it however you see fit.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #8 on: December 02, 2011, 12:54:24 PM

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Robert Oakes

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: December 15, 2011, 05:58:51 PM
As of this post, requests are officially closed. To those who posted, I appreciate the interest in my art. To those who didn't, all I can say is tough luck, as I can't guarantee I'll ever provide another opportunity. Any requests following this post will be completely ignored.

I received a grand total of 22 requests from all the communities I extended this initiative to, and 4 of those are already finished. The requestors will be notified the day all requests are finished, and I'll post in this thread again when that happens. Look forward to it.