Inafune Talks Mega Man Revival and New Strider?: Raise the Rumor Shields Up

Protoman Blues · 18700

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: December 20, 2008, 01:10:30 PM
All I have to say is: [tornado fang] YEAH! POSSIBLE STRIDER!!!!!

[tornado fang] YEAH!

I enjoy this news. It's great.

Offline RMX

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
It's all the same "yeah, we could make [insert franchise sequel here] but people wouldn't buy it so CAPCOM won't make any monies, so I guess we'll just stick to make some more Monster Hunters and Tiger Colosseums", as always, but if they say they've given up on RPGs then it means whatever's the boss contest for it's really unlikely to be something like RnR

Offline Sapphire✧9

• ネビュラ★ブラック
  • Neo Arcadian
  • An Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
A MM9 Pc Release can be also good since they can make it downloadable via Steam.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
but if they say they've given up on RPGs

Does that mean... no more Breath of Fire? Forever?

D:

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Does that mean... no more Breath of Fire? Forever?

D:

I think RMX meant the card based RPG Megaman games.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Oh whew... that's a relief.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Megaman 10 and 11 better not be 8 bit again. for one game, and the return of classic megaman, the retro factor can be accepted, but for more games to come, "retro" just wont cut it. they need to freshen up and try to bring megaman into the new era.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Mega Man 10 should look like MM7.
Mega Man 11 should look like MM8.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Mega Man 10 should look like MM7.
Mega Man 11 should look like MM8.
Thats actually not a bad Idea.
hey! maybe we can get another, "we must fahnd dawctah wawy"

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline pyromonki12

• Net Navi
  • Just Jump On It!
    • View Profile
I think MM10 and MM11 should be hi-definition like Wario Land Shake-IT.

I think it'd work really well for the series.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
I think MM10 and MM11 should be hi-definition like Wario Land Shake-IT.

I think it'd work really well for the series.

Or that. That's a great idea actually. But the gameplay has to stay, just make the graphics prettier.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
I would have said the same about the graphics, yknow, make new, good graphics, but then people would argue about why dont I like classic style, and how it should be 8 bit etc. >_>

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Personally, I don't care what graphics they use, so long as it's made!

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Personally, I don't care what graphics they use, so long as it's made!

This is the best and only answer for me.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Aside from PB's suggestion, all I want is that the new games controls just as good as the old ones.
Rockman 9 made everything so perfect, Capcom/Inti needs to keep this source code and use it for future games.

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
The only thing MM9 ever needed was a GC Adaptor port so I could play MM9 with my NES Advantage!   8D

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Pyromonki said it earlier, but now after thinking about it, a MM10 with Wario Land Shake It! or Muramasa: The Demon Blade caliber animations and sprites would be godly as long as it could play as fast paced as MM9.

Other than how it would look though, I wonder how else it could be innovative. Maybe even more creative level design?

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Oh, absolutely.  Hey, I love 8-Bit MM as much as the next classic fan, and I'd have NO issue with MM10 or MM11 being done in 8-Bit at all.  However, a Wario Land: Shake It MM game would truly look incredible, and I'd be all for it. 

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Pyromonki said it earlier, but now after thinking about it, a MM10 with Wario Land Shake It! or Muramasa: The Demon Blade caliber animations and sprites would be godly as long as it could play as fast paced as MM9.

Other than how it would look though, I wonder how else it could be innovative. Maybe even more creative level design?
maybe a level editor like PU /Brawl.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
maybe a level editor like PU /Brawl.

[parasitic bomb], I totally forgot about this. If the whole Wario Land Shake level of detail panned out and we got a level editor to boot, GOTY. I'm calling it. Actually, having the level editor without the graphical fidelity would still be awesome. XD

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Oh, absolutely.  Hey, I love 8-Bit MM as much as the next classic fan, and I'd have NO issue with MM10 or MM11 being done in 8-Bit at all.  However, a Wario Land: Shake It MM game would truly look incredible, and I'd be all for it. 

If it's going to be something new graphically, I say, use that for either a) the X/Zero/ZX series or b) a new series that continues in the same vein (being an action-platfomer).

Personally, Rockman 9 just reminded me a whole bunch of why I came to love this series in the first place, and I would prefer to keep it that way. So, as far as I'm concerned, let Rock stay with being 8-bit, and they can go ahead and "experiment" with the other series in this way, if they so wished.

I mean, the X series was one that first dared to push Rockman beyond his 8-bit boundaries. Let it continue to do so. It's what it was constructed around, and it would fit.

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
So only a dumb spin-off series gets to really advance?

Offline Flok

• Passionate Gamer
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Killsringman
    • View Profile
Wario Land Shake's graphics are well done indeed. I could see it happen combined with a Mega Man game. Oddly, I start thinking about Network Transmission when thinking about this, while I obviously know that that game was made in 3D.

I still can't believe that Mega Man 9 has opened the possibility for more classic games to appear, with even Inafune himself saying it... ;O; 8D 0v0

And a Strider revival would be great as well!

Flok's favorites:

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Strider is so cool. He should have one or twoo cameos in Mega Man  games. He would fit into MMZ or ZX games actually. Controls/Gameplay wise I mean.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
meh, if it's going to be the same style of gameplay as in 1-2 or 9 i'd rather have mmx or zx or whatever sequels