Ever wished there were Mega Man playing cards? Well now there are.

Flame · 2835

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Mega Man X4 playing cards to be exact. Odd choice no?
http://protodudesrockmancorner.blogspot.com/2011/08/x4-playing-cards-x4-playing-cards.html

It appears Hot Topic, and perhaps others, will be selling officially licensed decks of Mega Man X4-themed playing cards later this Fall. Now you too can enjoy a game of poker with the likes of X the Ace, General the King, and Iris the Queen. Yes, I miss news of real Mega Man games too.

GE Animation, the folks behind a number of misc. Mega Man merchandise as of late, intend to release the cards to specialty retailers on September 15, priced at $5.99. Characters revealed thus far are X, Zero, Maverick Double, the General and Iris. Wouldn't be too surprised to see Colonel and a few Mavericks thrown into the mix.

that said, at least they look pretty nice.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Hiryu

• Capcom's Favorite futuristic ninja
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
They do look nice. I will probably buy them.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
...Isn't that kinda cheap move from Capcom? They could 've atleast made new art for the cards.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Art re-use has happened before. Just look at the Mario Uno cards, and practically half of them are stock artwork of offical art. So it's pretty common to use something like this, and I was expecting X4 to be brought up, since that game's one of the most popular of the X series.

I really don't mind it's existance, actually. Though, it'd be more intresting to see a sub-tank themed Ice Box to hold all yer E-Cans while playing cards using this deck with fellow fans.  XD

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Any excuse to throw Iris into a game of poker is fine by me.  That said, I'm kinda well stocked on playing cards...

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)